790 on George

A very loud Party kept us up all night. We had a 4:00 rise to catch a flight 😢

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2017
6.0

This place is fine as a place to crash for a short stay but was a bit shabby in places. Staff were friendly, location was great and super easy to get to from the airport. My experience there was pretty grubby, thanks mainly to my roommates were that were super messy. Not the hostel's fault I know, but it looked like the bin in the room hadn't been emptied in days. Pretty basic facilities, but super close to the city centre and fine for passing through.

12th Apr 2017
7.7

Decent stay if you're looking for something a little cheaper. Everything is old. They should put money into making a few updates because it just looks crappy inside. The room was ok, aside from the horrible smell (like something had died in the room)...but over time I got used to it 🙄 compared to my last hostel, the ppl here are just not very friendly...I tried to be nice to the different ppl that came into the room but no one wanted to socialize at all. But good if you want to be left alone...

• Taiwan, Female, 31-40
10th Apr 2017
4.9

Facilities are run down for example the windows in female rooms are not able to be opened or closed properly for stopping noises. Curtains are not big enough for stopping the lights outside. The doors in female shower are broken and hasn't fixed for at least a year( it's my second time to stay in this hostel, I was staying in there in March 2016). Really surprised that those broken things are not fixed, well this hostel is in good location and compared to other hostels around they are cheaper.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
29th Mar 2017
6.6

Near central station but trains are so good nearer any station is good. Good size locker. No wifi unless you pay extra. Beds and pillows a bit grubby although clean sheets. Not worth the $30

27th Mar 2017
7.1

Booked for 4 nights on here, arrived early and booked for that day (so a 5th night) but was inexplicably charged for a 6th. Unfortunately I didn't realize until they told me I was leaving a day early as I was checking out. Room and facilities were decently clean and all worked properly. Good location right besides Central Station as well as many restaurants and shops along George St. Wifi in the kitchen did not work for me at all throughout my stay, dorm mates had same problem for weeks.

24th Mar 2017

It's not bad, great location, but my room was smelly.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
21st Mar 2017
7.4

Good location. No free wifi except a daily free hour, which doesn't even work. Rooms and beds were fairly clean. Every level got their own bathrooms, which were clean too. Kitchen is alright, everyone is cleaning up after themselves. Atmosphere is okay.

• England, Male, 18-24
21st Mar 2017

I've stayed at 790 a few times. The first time was great and I met some good people but the other times I did not, the place lacks a social atmosphere. It's great for groups but not solo travellers. Pros: Nice big lockers which have a plug inside Big rooms Comfy beds Big kitchen Clean bathrooms and kitchen Cons: Only half the hobs work. Air con in rooms stuck on 19° so it's freezing! No social atmosphere

• apps3006
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Mar 2017
6.9

Staff weren't super friendly, didn't tell me where any of the facilities were. Place was slightly dingy and kitchen was a bit smelly. Very good location, right outside central station. I was in a 4 bed female dorm, bed and blankets were good. Enough locker space available. Shower and toilets were clean