790 on George Reviews

790 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

location is prefect,i was staying in a 6 bed dorm, enough space for everyone, the only thing is no free wifi

A very nice hostel with very friendly staff and a perfect location to explore the city!

Good location, got the feeling that there were a few long term stayers there though. Which makes it harder to meet people. The fire alarm went off at 2am and it was surprising that no staff came to the floor we were on (6th) and alert us to evacuate. Many people stayed in their rooms which would've been catastrophic if it had been a real fire.

One of the best hostels I have been in in sydney. Local is perfect, very colse to central station. Rooms big and clean. Bathrooms big and clean. Staff great and common areas really good. 3rd time I have stayed here. Will stay again.

• 29th Jun 2014

Kinda lacked an atmosphere, not too many activities going on, a lot of long term travellers which made it hard to meet new people while travelling alone . Wifi was 1 dlr per hour! The common area /tv room was smelly and not really clean. The 8bed female dorm was alright, just full of stuff from the long termers , was freezing at night didnt seem to be any heating on, very noisy from the street. Bathrooms were alright not too bad. Kitchens good but had a weird smell as well. Locations great .

Place is strategic, very convenient. Too bad there's no free wifi and it's pretty noisy at night. The rest are good.

• 24th May 2014
  • Malaysia

I really liked this hostel, and I would have stayed there for longer if they had a storage room, they had storage lockers which you could hire but I had so much stuff I would have had to hire 2 which would have been a bit expensive. So for that reason I couldn't stay at that hostel any more than 3 nights. The accommodation felt like hotel accommodation and if in a dorm the light by the beds were great with me having to get up at 5am, meant I could get ready easily without waking anyone up.

Service was great, and it was very clean! My only complaint would be that it was a pain having to buy a mini-padlock and use that on my locker...would be much better if I could use my room key. The padlock was hard to open in the dark, and I woke up my roommates a few times just trying to open my locker. Also, one of the lockers in the room (402) was broken, and as a result I had to share my locker with one of the other roommates (luckily it was someone I was travelling with).

Good hostel, too bad the common areas close at midnight !

The staying was really good. The only little problem was because we were on the first floor, the music and chatting sound was quite loud from the pub nex to the building. Overall, it was pretty good and cheap

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Macau

Good Hostel close to central station and the free shuttle bus on George street. Good bathroom facilities and nice rooms with lockers, only thing that lets it down a little bit is the sometimes too hot basement kitchen and the wifi did not work well. But good value for money, would recommend.

Very clean, very secure, super friendly staff, really nice and spacious rooms, super comfortable.

Very good!

친절한직원들이무척인상깊었습니다.

Our overall stay in the hostel was really good. The 6-bed-dorm was quite spaceous and we had a nice view from the 6th floor. What is a bit annoying, you need your card also for going to the toilet or to the kitchen. The kitchen is very big and there are nice sofas there as well. The only negative thing to mention is that it is hard to find a spoon and a bowl for breakfast as it is quite busy in the mornings. Besides that we had a really good time there and I can definitively recommend it.

Rm 301, musty mildew and begging to be aired out. The carpet in the rooms needed to be vacuum badly especially the bed corners against the wall. Filthy! They provided clean sheets but i did not appreciate the blood stains mines came with.The common room has a nice Tv/home theater but room is filthy, dirty nasty, VACUUM PLZ couches, chairs needs to be change desperately, so does the white filthy couch at check in.Upside Clean bathroom, friendly staff, large lockers, it has potential just filthy

The rooms were clean but sometimes a little on the small side, it was nice they had a plug in per person. The only negative was there always seemed to be a large loud group of people gathering right in front of the door smoking and drinking.

Kitchen is always hot, dirty and badly equipped. Not really a nice place to prepare your meals.

Very friendly staff and located right in the city which is close to everything! If go back to Sydney I'd probably stay here again

Nice room and big lockers. Problems with the roomkey and you need them for everything! Very nice that I could use after check out a random key for the bathroom and commonroom etc. A pity that there was no free lugage store. I think that that for the day from check out must be service from thehostel