790 on George

Very Good 1109 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 1109 Total Reviews

22nd Jul 2017

Good hostel only the kitchen, the wi-fi and the atmosphere that I can remark on

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Jul 2017
8.0

Incredible location. We could walk anywhere easily and the train station was directly across the road. Easy to get to and easy to find. Lots of restaurants and close to the city central shopping. The rooms were simple but nice and the bathroom was clean and had great facilities. My only grievance was the atmosphere. It may be because we stayed in off season but the common room was quiet and damp. Other guests stuck to themselves and we often felt loud and annoying when we wanted to go out.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
13th Jul 2017

Location is very close to Central Station, which is a plus. Our room had something on the bed when we came in, which we later realised was the lamp from the wall by the bed (someone had pulled it out and just left it there), and there were wires protruding from the wall where it was pulled out from, which was a bit iffy. There was lots of noise, but I think in the location that is to be expected.

11th Jul 2017
8.0

Centrally located literally a 2 min walk from central station. 24 hour check in, very useful.

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Jul 2017
5.1

The place haso lost its vibe and one of the staff members was completely unreasonable and abrupt when a friend visited me in the social area.

22nd Jun 2017

I was only there for one night but a great little hostel near Central station and 24 hour reception for my early morning check out. The rooms were great with big lockers and reading lights on each bed. Most city hostels are basic and over priced but I felt this was good value for money. Would definitely stay again

• USA, Male, 31-40
10th Jun 2017
8.0

The location is excellent and the staff is nice, but the place can use a facelift at this point, especially the bathrooms.

• Australia, Female, 41+
5th Jun 2017

I was very pleased with my single comfortable room. It had a double bed and a bunk bed over it. I believe that the floor had recently been refurbished including the bath room which was fine. The community room and kitchen were fine , clean and tidy. The hostel was better than I expected given some of the negative reviews that I had read. I would stay here again, especially if I had to catch an early train or lane.

24th May 2017
8.0

It's got the essentials you need. Staff were polite and helpful, even letting me check in at 7 am. Beds were comfy, showers hot and the kitchen was there. Only downsides were the high price for the wifi and the atmosphere felt a little stilted.

• zoefelgate6088
  • England, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017
6.6

The toikets and showers were clean but the room probably could have been cleaner it didn't smell very fresh! You end up having to pay a lot for wifi and it's not a great connection and then you have to log in every time again which is a pain. Also the breakfast deal isn't all it's cracked up to be!