7.5
Very Good 831 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 831 Total Reviews
790 on George Located at 790 George Street, Sydney, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2000 790 George Street, Sydney
75% 831
-33.8814431 151.2049412
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th May 2016

Best hostel I've stayed in so far! Comfy bed! Clean rooms and bathroom. Very happy!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
20th May 2016

Loved my stay at 790 on George. Basic hostel with all the essentials, Reception was friendly and helpful. Will be staying again when I return in a couple of months.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
15th May 2016
7.1

All good mate

G'day! We appreciate all feedback and Well, feedback doesn't really get any better then that. I'm actually speechless. Thanks for staying with us! We hope you come and stay again soon.

• Finland, Female, 25-30
9th May 2016
8.0

Nice people at the hostel and pretty good location. Clean even though it looks old. Stoves didn't work at all times, could take you 30 minutes to cook pasta. Clean bathrooms.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Im glad to see that everyone was nice. I think haveing a good combination of friendy backpackers and staff can really make an expierence. Im sorry that you were having troubles with the stoves. I didnt have some other feedback about it the oter day and it turns out one of them had tripped for safety reasons. We have had a tech come in and replace it so its all working again! We hope you come back and stay again soon :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2016

790 is a great balance of cleanliness, atmosphere, location for the competitive price it is. Have been looking for a Hostel to stay at 2 nights a week while I complete my course in Sydney. 790 is ticking all the boxes I needed at the price point I was looking for,

• Wales, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2016
6.9

its in a good location and the staff are nice. Showers are good too. Had cockroaches in the room which was also pretty gross under beds even though they hoovered everyday (in the places you can see). Also if you are staying on the side that is opposite Scubar then be prepared to get no sleep because you may as well be in the club it's that loud. Think you can get better elsewhere

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback about your stay. The hostel is sprayed regularly for insects and ive organised pest control to come in a spray the room you stayed in so hopefully that won't happen again. Thanks to your feedback we are currently in talk about how we can reduce the noise from Scubar. Again thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback, we hope you come and stay again soon!

• Argentina, Couple, 25-30
22nd Mar 2016
8.0

The hostel is great located, just one min walking from central station... The beds were comfortable as well, the only negative thing it s just one elevator for 7 floors, then get ready to be fit if you are in a hurry... Kitchen is huge. But sometimes crowded.. There was always someone cleaning it.Highly recommend this hostel

• Australia, Male, 31-40
19th Mar 2016

Nice hostel in a good location, close to the city center and trains and buses, staff were friendly and accommodating

Hey Philip, Thanks for taing the time to leave us some positve feedback, we really appreciate it! Our friendliness and customer service are 2 points the staff work really hard to achieve so it's great to see they are suseeding. We hope you come and stay again!

• England, Male, 18-24
14th Mar 2016
7.4

Really enjoyed my stay here however the majority of people I met in this hostel were long termer workers. This made social events somewhat limited. Security was good in the room with a large locker for each bed. Kitchen was pretty spacious and there was room to store food and chilled items. I would stay again if working in Sydney, not if I wanted to meet people and get my Goon on.

Hey Joshua, Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it! We do have a a fair amount of long staying guests but we make sure to acommadate for all new comers and solo travallers by having an event schedule that really targets all new guests. This, however was not bing carried out during your stay as we are in the process of re-vamping it. We are really sorry about this but we think it will be really worth it once its up and running! We really hope you come and stay again. We love that classy wine as much as you do! ;)

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
5th Mar 2016
8.0

790 on George is an alright place to stay at. People are nice. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of was the kitchen in the basement.

Hi Charollete, Thanks fior taking the time to leave us some feedback. Im really happy to see that everyone was nice to you, I understand your concern with our kitchen, being in a basement does make things a bit tricky but we are in talk about having it upgraded. Thanks for leaving us some feedback, It will help us to better our hostel for the future. We hope you come and stay again soon! Happy travels