790 on George Reviews

790 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Rm 301, musty mildew and begging to be aired out. The carpet in the rooms needed to be vacuum badly especially the bed corners against the wall. Filthy! They provided clean sheets but i did not appreciate the blood stains mines came with.The common room has a nice Tv/home theater but room is filthy, dirty nasty, VACUUM PLZ couches, chairs needs to be change desperately, so does the white filthy couch at check in.Upside Clean bathroom, friendly staff, large lockers, it has potential just filthy

The rooms were clean but sometimes a little on the small side, it was nice they had a plug in per person. The only negative was there always seemed to be a large loud group of people gathering right in front of the door smoking and drinking.

Very friendly staff and located right in the city which is close to everything! If go back to Sydney I'd probably stay here again

Nice room and big lockers. Problems with the roomkey and you need them for everything! Very nice that I could use after check out a random key for the bathroom and commonroom etc. A pity that there was no free lugage store. I think that that for the day from check out must be service from thehostel

Pros: most comfy beds ever!! Spacious lockers, even big backpacks easily fit. Staff is friendly. Con: looks a bit run down even though clean. Annoying key card system because you even need it for the bathroom. Some people have 3 or more cards,prob. because they don't work a lot of times. That's why I rated only "average"for security. Very annoying if you stay for some time after check out, because you don't have access to the toilet (because you need a keycard for them even in the common area)

I was put in a room with long term stayers so I guess I was a bit shocked because the room was an absolute pig sty. I don't blame the hostel for the state of the room, but it made me wish I was put in a room with people who were also staying for a night or two.

Nice place with a really good location, nice big kitchen.

The main problem was cleanliness in the kitchen area. They dont reinforce cleaning rules and since there are so many people it doesnt keep clean. Aside from that, rooms are ok, clean linen, security lockers and air conditioning. Avoid being placed on the left side on the 4th floor or below, the music and partying from the pub below will keep you up. Lets not forget the bathroom door slamming each time someone goes in or out.

Good, would stay again! :)

First room assigned too had a rotten sweaty smell so requested a different room. Half of the washing machines were out of order. Only 1 lift in the building so very slow!! Wifi is paid for by the hour so I found it annoying! Saying that, the staff were very nice. It's a good location.

I always stay at this hostel when I'm in Sydney. The staff are very friendly & helpful, location is perfect & the beds are comfy for a budget hostel. This hostel has character, it could do with a lick of paint & some new furniture but the hostel is cleaned daily so there are no bugs or unwelcome pests. I have stayed in four hostels in Sydney & this one has the best atmosphere, stay at 790 on George you won't regret it!!!!

Me and my boyfriend stayed in a private double. Room was fine. Clean and smelt nice. Didn't use facilities. Staff were ok not really that over friendly. Good location get straight off train and its right near central. We was happy with our stay

Es muy seguro y limpio, posee enchufes personales y lockers grandes o cual es buenísimo. se puedellegar a todos los atractivos de sydney con unos 10 o 15 minutos de caminar , genial. había wi-fi por un dólar la hora (seria genial que hubiese acceso gratuito a los huéspedes) en genral buena experiencia, me quedaría de nuevo

Nice and friendly place. Really good beds and big lockers in the room! Walkable distances to most places and really really close to Central and Greyhound buses/airport train etc.

I'll back!

• 4th Feb 2014

790 is a pretty good hostel. Location is great, has a big kitchen, good rooms, bathrooms were generally quite clean. Only issue was the noise sometimes and a bit expensive.

Great location if you're just staying for one night to get to/fro from airport. Rooms very small though so wouldn't want to stay more than one night

Cheaper than wake up and yha and directly at the central station. The only think what i missed in this hostel was an area to sit and drink some beer, like a roof or a outside area.This Hostel is not a party hostel.

Extremely friendly staff!! When I has to check out two days early, they were more than happy to give me a full refund which was a massive bonus! 24 hou reception is a massive bonus. Perfect for short stays, highly recommended!!

i like this place. the location is the best, convenient when travel around.