7.8
Very Good 973 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 973 Total Reviews
790 on George Located at 790 George Street, Sydney, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2000 790 George Street, Sydney
78% 973
-33.8814431 151.2049412
    Rooms available

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
18th Jan 2017

Booked a stay for two nights at this hostel for a 6 person shared dorm. Counter staff were friendly and helpful during the check in process. Got a room on level 5 which was reasonably well away from the traffic noises. Room was spacious but even though a big locker was provided - the mates in the room weren't nicer to keep their belongings neat and tidy. Would be nicer if that could be enforced along with a no food and drinks in the dorm rule. Bathroom was fine just be prepared to queue

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Jan 2017
2.6

Small rooms, hurt myself everytime I moved, no sleep before 2/3am due to night club next door 5 nights a week. Laundry machines broke, took 3 hours and $16. Staff held me responsible for my room mates trying to "sneak people in" just as I'm from the same country. No welcome, threw food out without 2nd thought as I forgot to change date when I extended which was because I liked room mates. No atmosphere, common room has about 20 dvds all really old. Need key just to go toilet. I could say more.

Hey, Thanks for leaving us some feedback, we value all feedback as it helps our hostel grow! Im real sorry to see you didnt enjoy your stay. The nightclub can get loud sometimes and because of this we are having a meeting with them to troubleshoot how we can make sure our customers get a good night sleep and how there customers can still party. We have strict rules in regards to sneaking people in, this is for the safety of our guests, im sorry you got tied up in this, I will investigate the matter and find out why. Asfor the food being thrown out if the food is past the date we have to throw it out. Its not only a OH&s concern but many many people leave without taking there food bags so this just takes up way to much room in the fridges, our dedicated housekeeping team make sure to stay on top of this daily. I can sure you if the correct date was labelled it wouldnt have been a problem :) Again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday!

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
4th Jan 2017
6.3

Had to check-out early (4:30am) and told the reception twice. The morning of checkout there was nobody at the reception (24hour reception?!) and had to ring the bell outside (?!) for assistance. After ringing the bell for 25minutes a sleepy guy came to help me. Clean hostel, but nothing more than that.

Hey, Thanks for the feedback, Im really sorry to hear that this has happened, I am investigating as to why no one came to assist you. Our night owls clean the kitchen at night so sometimes it can take them a few minutes to get to you but no longer then that. Due to your feedback we have placed new procedures in place to make sure the night guys are aware when someone has to checkout early morning so thank you very much for your feedback! We hope you come and stay again.

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

Great location near the central station and everything you wanna see. It's super easy to use train and bus to get around Sydney. You need to pay for wifi in room but it's free in the kitchen. Kitchen is big and a lot of stoves. Nothing to complain about!

Hey, Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon! :)

28th Dec 2016

I've given this hostel a high rating because it is objectively very good: extremely secure (need key card to enter your room/specific bathroom), with lockers; comfortable beds; helpful staff; great location near Central Station. There is a lack of atmosphere, but I can't really judge as I spent most of the time ill and not socialising much! Also very reasonable price and I was lucky to get this place so close to New Year

Thanks so much for your kind words. We know exactly what you mean when you say there is a lack of atmosphere but rest asure. We are in the process of hooking up some speakers downstairs and have been working hard to get our entertainment schedule up and running. Its because of feedbackl liek this we are able to push this up the priority list so we really thank you for your feedback and hope you are feeling better!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
7.1

Great hostel if your just looking for a clean affordable place to stay. The hostel itself doesn't really have a fun atmosphere, but because of its location there's plenty of places to go that does. Value for what you pay

• Australia, Female, 41+
23rd Dec 2016
8.0

value for money and staff verry helpful I was disturbed by few in the dorm because of loud party called the reception they upgraded my room straight away. thank you to 790menagers Nadia

• Germany, Female, 18-24
15th Dec 2016

The cleanest hostel I have ever been to and good cooking facilities!

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Dec 2016
7.4

Was only there for 3 nights but jeez that was enough... was sooo boring zero atmosphere but I suppose a cheap few nights. Common room was in a weird room that was super univiting and looked dark the whole time. Perks were the beds and bedding were comfortable!

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
11th Dec 2016
6.6

Impersonal, no atmosphere at all, but the rooms are decent and facilities good. My bed was right under the airconditioner which left me very cold, while other people argued it should stay on because rooms do get warm. Bunks are squeaky and you can feel every single movement of the person above/below. Location is great, but I do feel rooms are a bit overpriced.