790 on George

7.5
Very Good 1086 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 41+
5th Jun 2017

I was very pleased with my single comfortable room. It had a double bed and a bunk bed over it. I believe that the floor had recently been refurbished including the bath room which was fine. The community room and kitchen were fine , clean and tidy. The hostel was better than I expected given some of the negative reviews that I had read. I would stay here again, especially if I had to catch an early train or lane.

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
24th May 2017
8.0

It's got the essentials you need. Staff were polite and helpful, even letting me check in at 7 am. Beds were comfy, showers hot and the kitchen was there. Only downsides were the high price for the wifi and the atmosphere felt a little stilted.

• zoefelgate6088
  • England, Female, 18-24
20th May 2017
6.6

The toikets and showers were clean but the room probably could have been cleaner it didn't smell very fresh! You end up having to pay a lot for wifi and it's not a great connection and then you have to log in every time again which is a pain. Also the breakfast deal isn't all it's cracked up to be!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2017

Great location, really clean, lovely showers, good kitchen, overall very nice can't complain! I arrived at 6am just off an overnight bus, expecting I would have to wait til 2pm to checkin (like most hostels) but I was able check in straight away which was fab!! :)

23rd Apr 2017
7.7

A very loud Party kept us up all night. We had a 4:00 rise to catch a flight 😢

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2017
6.0

This place is fine as a place to crash for a short stay but was a bit shabby in places. Staff were friendly, location was great and super easy to get to from the airport. My experience there was pretty grubby, thanks mainly to my roommates were that were super messy. Not the hostel's fault I know, but it looked like the bin in the room hadn't been emptied in days. Pretty basic facilities, but super close to the city centre and fine for passing through.

12th Apr 2017
7.7

Decent stay if you're looking for something a little cheaper. Everything is old. They should put money into making a few updates because it just looks crappy inside. The room was ok, aside from the horrible smell (like something had died in the room)...but over time I got used to it 🙄 compared to my last hostel, the ppl here are just not very friendly...I tried to be nice to the different ppl that came into the room but no one wanted to socialize at all. But good if you want to be left alone...

• Taiwan, Female, 31-40
10th Apr 2017
4.9

Facilities are run down for example the windows in female rooms are not able to be opened or closed properly for stopping noises. Curtains are not big enough for stopping the lights outside. The doors in female shower are broken and hasn't fixed for at least a year( it's my second time to stay in this hostel, I was staying in there in March 2016). Really surprised that those broken things are not fixed, well this hostel is in good location and compared to other hostels around they are cheaper.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
29th Mar 2017
6.6

Near central station but trains are so good nearer any station is good. Good size locker. No wifi unless you pay extra. Beds and pillows a bit grubby although clean sheets. Not worth the $30

27th Mar 2017
7.1

Booked for 4 nights on here, arrived early and booked for that day (so a 5th night) but was inexplicably charged for a 6th. Unfortunately I didn't realize until they told me I was leaving a day early as I was checking out. Room and facilities were decently clean and all worked properly. Good location right besides Central Station as well as many restaurants and shops along George St. Wifi in the kitchen did not work for me at all throughout my stay, dorm mates had same problem for weeks.