7.8
Very Good 867 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 867 Total Reviews
790 on George Located at 790 George Street, Sydney, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2000 790 George Street, Sydney
78% 867
-33.8814431 151.2049412
    Rooms available

17th Aug 2016
8.0

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, I met a lot of great new friends. The bathrooms were always clean, and the showers were hot. I thought the lockers in the rooms were super useful. It got really hot in the room because we couldn't open the window, but the room was okay either way. When I was in the room and the cleaner came in, he just vacuumed the center of the room and left, so I'm not sure when the whole room has ever been fully cleaned. The hostel was a great location!

• England, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2016
5.1

This hostel was my first stop on what was supposed to be an amazing trip to the east coast. When I arrived I was barely spoken to by staff and wasn't shown where any of the facilities were. When I asked about where the shower was I was abruptly told that every floor had 1. Still no one took the time to show me. I arrived in my room which was clean and ready for me but again not 1 person spoke to me. No atmosphere whatsoever. Very disappointing.

25th Jul 2016

Nice chilled out hostel close to bars and central station. Clean rooms, good showers. Nice big tv room. I kept having problems with my key card but staff were helpful and fixed it. I couldn't find a kitchen, it would be better if there was one.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2016

Only stayed there a night but I arrived late and the night staff were lovely and very helpful!

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Location is the best especially for first time travellers. It is close to central station and railway line with walking distance between sydneys attractions and malls. Facilities are of tip top condition with hot water,lift,locker and your own card to enter the room. I believe the hostel has long-term stayers which makes it awkward for short-time stayers or vacationers a when in the canteen. But other than that,will totally recommend this to anyone travelling to sydney.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
5th Jul 2016
3.7

Was put in a room with 3 junkies who were doing drugs whilst I was present. Booked myself out shortly afterwards.

Dear guest, Apologies for the inconvenience that has been cause to you by the allocation with such room mates. Let me assure you that such behaviour as stated by you is very seriously discouraged by 790. We have sine taken action and evicted the personnel in question. I just wish I had know about this earlier. I guess, better late than never. All our guests go through a screening process but it is hard to tell who is into what. However, We do have 24 hour reception and staff who are more than capable of handling situation as mentioned in your review if and when it is reported. Hope fully you will use us again in future and find that almost all of our guests are outgoing, fun-loving, hardworking backpackers and the room mates you encountered were rare and unfortunate.

• michaellilley
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Jun 2016

Great hostel very clean good showers and toilets. Really friendly staff. Let me check in at 8 in the morning good location. Not a sociable hostel but otherwise tops! Gonna stay here again for sure!

Hi there, Thanks for the poitive feedback. We know how dreadful those long haul flights can be so we always try our best to get you to a room as soon as possible, although it might not always be possible! As for the sociability aspect we are in the middle of revamping our entertainments team so like minded travellers can get to meet eachother much easier

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2016

Clean hostel and staffs are friendly. However, there are many long term travellers so its slightly harder to make new friends. The place is quite old and slightly run down. But since this hostel is relatively cheaper than others, i have no complaints.

Hey!

• Australia, Male, 41+
15th Jun 2016

Very convenient location, staff were very helpful re a a lost-wallet situation, good facilities, quiet room, good size showers, good value. Highly recommended.

Hey, Thanks for the positive feedback. I heard about the lost wallet and am so pleased the staff were able to get it back to you! Having a trustworthy reception that is willing to do that little bit extra for guests is what makes us such a friendly place! We hope you come and stay again!

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2016

Friendliest hostel in Sydney. I had a wonderful stay and I'm looking forward to my next stay at 790 on George. Petfect location, super friendly staffs and a good value for money.

Hi, Thank you so much for your kind words about our hostel. All the staff try so hard to make sure they are as friendly and helpful as possible and Im so pleased to see they have achived that here! We hope you stay again soon!