790 on George Reviews

790 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

Great hostel. Great location, great kitchen, great shower and toilet facilities. Just lacking a bit of atmosphere, maybe it was because we had a couple of strange characters in our dorm.

Good hostel with great location! Clean rooms and big clean kitchen! Staff very friendly

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Goood hostel for the money

The staff was very helpful. I lost my plastic keys, it only costed me $2. Can't top that. The staff also provided me a towel for free, usually $2. The hostel gave a Christmas party to the guest at a nearby bar with free beers and pizza. What a way to show hospitality. I love the place. I would certainly highly recommend it.

It's right near Central Station which is nice. The room was okay, and had a rather big closet with plugs in it. The elevator was slow and stopped at every floor even though nobody entered/exited. The kitchen is not very big and I often missed cutleries. The kitchen also needs more tea towels. One of the doors to the toilet broke on my second day, leaving us with only one toilet! There's no safe way to store your luggage after check out - you just have to trust everyone else.

The hostel was fantastic, with only one major issue; the keycards kept disabling themselves and we had to get them reactivated at the desk multiple times. The staff were very good about reactivating them, however.

• 27th Oct 2014

Really good value for money. Was a bit noisy but not awful. Brilliant location, would stay there again.

Good stay overall. I bought the WiFi on one day and would not work but the man on reception was very unhelpful and insisted that it was fine when it clearly wasn't. Also not great being on the top floor as the lift takes forever!

All staff members were exceptionally helpful and nice!! Perfect location! Great breakfast deal from Colombian cafe around the corner from 790 George:) I wish they had free wifi!!!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Russia

location is prefect,i was staying in a 6 bed dorm, enough space for everyone, the only thing is no free wifi