7.9
Very Good 884 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 884 Total Reviews
790 on George Located at 790 George Street, Sydney, , Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2000 790 George Street, Sydney
79% 884
-33.8814431 151.2049412
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016
6.9

It's a decent hostel but as a lone traveller I found it hard to socialise. The main kitchen and lounge area aren't the cleanest but not too bad. Wifi worked in the room I was in (109) and in the lounge. Lockers in rooms. Annoying check in and out times but let you leave bags. Good hostel with great location but just didn't like the atmosphere

• India, Male, 41+
21st Sep 2016

Convenient location and peaceful stay, helpful staff, thanks

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2016
6.3

Rooms and corridors run down, dingy and there's a funny smell in the kit he which is in the basement. There is nowhere really private or quiet. I was ima mixed dorm and ended up with 7 males, not really mixed!

9th Sep 2016
7.4

Decent mid-range hostel, good location and friendly staff. Towels and WiFi are not free. Bathrooms were clean, and beds were decent but the room smelled a little musty.

• Italy, Male, 18-24
9th Sep 2016
7.7

The room was maybe too small for 6 people, i liked the kitchen a lot.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
3rd Sep 2016
7.1

Excellent location, nice staff. They also have nice facilities - small things that make a big difference like large lockers, a lot of space for their guests to store things. etc. However, I wouldn't rate this hostel above 6 from my point of view - it's way too big for the concept that I like in a hostel. The guests were (at least the ones I met) also mostly teenagers that didn't really interact with anyone else and were loud. And there were many of them (the hostel has several floors).

24th Aug 2016

The staff was so helpful. There is a huge kitchen. It is clean. The location is right downtown. If you want to socialize, you can, if you don't no problem. This is probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Hey, Thank you so much for your spectacular feedback. If only the world was full of more people like yourself! I think you've summed up our hostel perfectly. We are not a party hostel but it doesn't mean we don't like to have a good time! We sincerely hope you come back again soon!

18th Aug 2016
6.0

The only thing good about this hostel is the location. I arrived after 12am in which I was put into a room with no beds available. I proceed to reception to ask for a new room, then I arrived in the second with an older male sleeping in the room. I asked for an all female room so I then proceed back to reception and found out that he wasn't even suppose to be in the room. I asked to be placed into a different room because I didn't feel comfortable that he was allowed in the room.

Hey, Thank you for proving your feedback. Im so sorry there was a mix up with your room. The last thing you want when arriving that late is to have to move from room to room. Ive looked into your acount and will talk to the night receptionist to find out exactly what happened. Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback and we will use it to better the hostel. We hope you come and stay again!

17th Aug 2016
8.0

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, I met a lot of great new friends. The bathrooms were always clean, and the showers were hot. I thought the lockers in the rooms were super useful. It got really hot in the room because we couldn't open the window, but the room was okay either way. When I was in the room and the cleaner came in, he just vacuumed the center of the room and left, so I'm not sure when the whole room has ever been fully cleaned. The hostel was a great location!

Hey, Thanks for the positive feedback about our hostel! Our cleaning team is working hard to makesure the bathrooms are always in a good condition. We think those big lockers are great too! Due to having air con in the rooms we keep all the windows closed as there is a thermostat in the room to control the temp. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope you come stay again soon!

• England, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2016
5.1

This hostel was my first stop on what was supposed to be an amazing trip to the east coast. When I arrived I was barely spoken to by staff and wasn't shown where any of the facilities were. When I asked about where the shower was I was abruptly told that every floor had 1. Still no one took the time to show me. I arrived in my room which was clean and ready for me but again not 1 person spoke to me. No atmosphere whatsoever. Very disappointing.

Hey! Im so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at our hostel. I have looked into your account and will speak to the receptionist the first chance I get to make sure this sort of customer service isn't repeated. Whilst reception is a little to busy to personally show you the room they should have made sure to give clear instructions about any query you may have had. As for the hostel having no atmosphere we are currently revamping our entertianments schedule which should be up and running very soon! This will give all new guests the opportunity to meet some new firends and have a good time! We hope you give u the opportunity and come and stay again to see how much we have improved! I sincerely hope that the rest of your east coast trip was fantastic!