790 on George Reviews

790 George Street, Sydney, Sydney, Australia

This hostel is just amazing. I really liked the staff there. Very friendly and always helpful. The rooms are in a good condition and every person has it own locker with an international plugin. This is a very good idea so that you can charge your stuff during the daytime.

Hi Kristina! Thank you so much for your positve fedback! We are lways trying our best to impress our guests and I'm glad we were able to acomplish this! We understand how frustrating it is to have to go and buy and overpriced adaptors so we try our best to save you money everywhere we can :) We hope you come stay with us again soon! . Happy travels :)

good locationrelax

It's been great staying at 790 on George for two days. Friendly staffs clean room, reasonable rate, 2 minutes walk from central station. There is always something going on and the lengths that staff go to deliver excellence is very much appreciable. On the saturday night the hostel organises free beer pong competition, it was great taking part in it. The only pity was I couldn't win the $100 cash prize. Going to the local bar for few free drinks after the competition was great.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Nepal

You wont feel strong hostel atmosphere, just the location is good, next to the train station.

Hi there, Im really dissapointed to see you didn't enjoy the atmosphere. Although we appreciate the feedback and are taking steps to resolve the issue. We are in the process of hiring a new entertainment manager and introducing two new nights out for the hostel! I hope you come stay again soon to see how much the atmosphere has improved! Happy travels :)

I had an awesome time living at this hostel at 790 on George. The atmosphere was really friendly and I had an easy time connecting to fellow backpackers. Since I'm traveling alone this is something I appreciate a lot. tr staff was really friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and provided a good location! I can really recommend this hostel for other backpackers! // a crazy swede traveling puss

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Hi there!, thanks for your feedback. We are really glad you had a good time. We try to make meeting new people as easy as possible here through our events etc, we know what it can be like traveling alone :) We hope you come stay again Happy travels!

Only stayed here 1 night and it was very good, They had a beer pong competition in the kitchen which was actually goon :) and the guy organised cheap drinks for us all at a bar around the corner. All the toilets were clean and staff were very friendly. I book here again

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Chile

Hi there! Thanks for staying with us. We are really glad to see you got involved with our events. We hold beer pong comps every week amongst other activities! Making sure our guests enjoy their stay is something we take seriously! Don't drink too much of that goon though ;) We hope to see you again soon!

Staff were friendly and helpful, massive kitchen area and TV lounge. Great location in the CBD. Seems to be a lot of long-stayers who aren't all that welcoming but that's not the hostel's fault. Overall enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Hi there! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We all pride ourselves on our customer service and its great to see we are getting positive feedback about that. We do have a few long stayers here at the moment but we try to pick the best of the bunch! All the staff will be keeping an eye out for any anti social behaviour in the coming days. Thanks for the feedback and we hope you come stay with us again soon! :)

Can't fault it for the price you pay. Great staff who know a thing or two about the surroundings and are always up for a chat. Very easy to meet new people. for my first Backpacking experience in Australia this was quite awesome. The lockers have individual powerpoints and reading lights. ask for room on higher level if you ant a peaceful night in.

• 9th Jul 2015

This is what we love to hear! You are totally right about the higher floors. Being on George st can be a little bit noisy in the day. We are really happy to see you enjoyed everything. Make sure you come back soon!

the hostel was OK but the noise coming from scubar bar or night club next door wasn't. I think it stopped at 1 or 2am so I and my other roommates didn't get much sleep. I only stayed one night so i was able to sleep when i got back home.

• 8th Jun 2015

The atmosphere is not really great

Hostel was in a great location, really close everything you need. Staff were also very knowledgable and actually tried to help you out. Kitchen could do with a touch up but still was good enough to cook in. Some nights they have events which are good to meet new people around the hostel.

Great and perfect location. Friendly staff. I will book it again.

The atmosphere was generally good. But there were three people who abused the privilege of having alcohol in the kitchen. On Friday night 10 April, they took up a major part of a table and in a noisy drunken state proceeded to spoil the atmosphere for everyone else. There must be some rules around alcohol otherwise this type of disturbance can only get worse. I have no problem with alcohol, I drink myself, but those who can't observe normal behaviour should be controlled.

If all your bothered about is a cheap place to stay in a good location you will be fine. But I thought it was dirty, smelly and very in need of an undate the whole place was lacking a cleaner. It was also busy and so pretty crowded. I wouldn't stay again.

Hostel was pretty gross: black mold in the shower, cockroaches, toilets in desperate need of a cleaning. Staff seemed really incompetent, I arrived early and everyone kept telling me a different time I could check in. Then when they said my room had been cleaned the girls in there said no one had been there the night before... IE I could have checked in hours prior. TOO MANY LONG TERMERS, very cliquey, idk it's cheap but pretty bad.