98SG Reviews

98SG Geylang Lorong 27, Singapore, Singapore

Good location just next to the train station, only 2 stations from city center (few minutes). Free lockers in the dorm, tea and cofee, A/C, hot shower, everything working well. Basic accomodation but very good value for money in Singapore. The staff is friendly but not very helpful... the poor guy is working all the time, day and night, 24h, alone, doing all the job: reception, calls, bookings, bedrooms and bathroom cleaning, breakfast, etc. Please don't be to hard with him ! I RECOMMAND ;-)

good hostel...

I do like been stay at 98SG , the staff is so friendly and very very nice :)

• 15th May 2014
  • Indonesia

No shoes allowed. Beds in good condition. Enough showers and toilets for all guests. Hard to find, it's a hostel in a privat house.

Small room with 6beds Very Small with 4beds Toilet smelly even though look clean Staff nt friendly ..... I am highly recommend hellowow hostel at 25 opal crescent, off seragoon road. I am staying now... The best hostel... very super clean The staff management very funny n very very friendly. I bet u....u ll like it...

We stayed in dorms, the beds were super comfy and the rooms were ACed. There was bread & jam & coffee available for breakfast.Lockers available, deposit needed. They have fridge & small kitchen available.Small living room for hanging out & watching movies available. Unfortunately in our 6-bed room there were mostly older men staying (working in SG) so it lacked young backpackers atmosphere...

not very clean, basic hostel, but definetely worth the money in overpriced Singapore

They will charge you an extra 10 % on the full bill as "Service Charges" - that they have clearly mentioned when booking the place, but they fail to mention, that they do not provide towels? you can rent one for additional 3 Singapore Dollars. I dont know what they charge 10% extra for when they do not even provide towels? But people of the Hostel are nice.

Staff rude and almost unexistent. They seem to be doing a favor to you. I woke up at 7am and just didn't know how the 'free breakfast' works. nobody was there to talk to. I also wanted to checkOut this time and I just couldn't. Bedroom smeels like sweat. I arrived at 10pm and couldn't see anything. No personal reading lights or plugs to charge your phone. Very poor.

I just wanted a hostel close to the MRT for a 1 night stopover that was easy to get to and 98SG was great for that. Not the flashest hostel going but basic and gets the job done.

We had a really horrible bunkmate which tainted our experience. Breakfast was very sub par as well. On the positive side the water pressure was good in the showers, the beds were not too squeaky or uncomfortable and the price was good.

The place is OK. It's not in the city center but it's one block from the train, which is very convenient. There are many cheap places to eat around but the hostel is an old not too big house so the common area is the small living room. There's no information for the tourists such as maps...

From ahjunaid mrt turn left...they dont have sign only printing 98s infront the door of 96A its across the ranch cafe above old groceries store....i dont know why they charge me $28 when i already make payment $2 through hostelworls...isnt it suppose to be $26? And the deposit key is $ 30 ...thank god i change money 1st-_-

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

Cheap Option in Singapore. It s not that good but it s really ok. But if you want to meet a lot a people and make new friends it s probably not the best place because most of the people there are from asia and are staying long term. On the other hand I was doing an internship in Singapore and for me this place was good. Clean enough, and lockers in the room. Don t expect anything from the staff . You ll have to pay 10 per cent surchage...

Comfortable beds, clean rooms and very close to the mrt station. Breakfast included.

I love the location and it is so convenience. We did save lots of money compare to other hostels.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very recommendable! We stayed 2 nights in 98SG. The bed was very comfortable and clean, it had 2 pillows and a real blanket! The breakfast was ok, you could also cook yourself in the small kitchen. The hostel has 5 beddorms so maybe not the best place to meet lots of people but we met a few though! You can watch movies from their own hard drive in the small living room. Everything was clean and you felt like at home (also because you had to put off your shoes). Rooms have AC, i would stay again

near mrt, nice staffs