9th Ave Hostel Reviews

905 9th Ave, Fairbanks, USA

We had great days there with getting helpful information about local, and for sightseeing. The hostel is clean and well facilitated kitchen is there. Staff helped our planning and also someone staying the hostel, good atmosphere.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Japan

This is a very nice and homely hostel. I was looking for somewhere quiet, where I could switch off and that was the perfect place. Cho is very kind and helpful! Downtown is within 10-15 min walking distance. The library is only 5min away. Ask Cho about Arctic Circle and Hot Spring tours!

Great hostel. Cho was very helpful with everything I needed at the hostel. Everything was very clean. The house is a bit small, but it makes it easy to get know everyone staying there. Fairbanks is really spread out, but you can walk from the hostel to the downtown area and the visitors center.

This hostel has the potential to being great. However, it gets no cleaning. Rugs filthy. Dust everywhere. Has not been given a cleaning in a long time. During the 20 hours I was there, I only saw the owner leave his room to smokeor to collect money from arrivals. On the positive, he did offer laundry service for $5 a load. He did have a PC for patrons use. Also, when I sent $10, he mailed a shirt I had left. Suggest he offer a free bunk for 4 hours of cleaning.

The owner of the hostel is amazing - super friendly, really takes care of his guests and keeps the place super clean. I can absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone!

Definitely recommend staying here!

When I go to a hostel I expect just hot water and a decent bathroom. Two of the three showers I took there were with cold water. The bathroom was shared between 6 guests and for three days it was never cleaned. The floor was covered with hair, the sink with tooth paste and soap, the trash bin (which contained also used toilette paper) was never emptied and you don't want to know about the toilette. Overall the hostel was very dirty (kitchen, common areas, floors) and the guy was never cleaning.

• 9th Jul 2014

Hands-down, this is the quietest hostel I've ever stayed it. Compliments to Cho for making us feel like a guest in his home and for the clean and respectful travelers who stay there. It's 5 miles from the airport, so if that's how you arrive, it's 2 bus trips (limited schedule, no Sundays) or a $20 cab ride with tip. A great location in between downtown and the amenities on Airport Way. Wonderful, older neighborhood.

• 3rd Jul 2014

It is a house that has been turned into a make-shift hostel but this is not necessarily a bad thing. There are no locks on the doors and no lockers which may bother some. The kitchen, lounge room + free wi-fi were great and is well located to the bus stop which made getting around easy. Not easy to meet people in my experience and with no alcohol allowed on site does not create a "social" environment. The hostel is fine for those passing through however not recommended for those looking for fun.

Very good hostel. Good services, comfortable, quiet and the owner is very nice.

The owner was nice and very helpful. He was knowledgeable about places to visit in order to experience the real Alaska. Place was clean and safe. Big kitchen that will accomodates all of your needs. Will definitely stay here again.

The best hostel I had stayed in the US.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

We loved staying here. It was a really nice relaxed hostel, more like a big shared house actually. Fantastic location, just a few blocks from Downtown and the bus station. We saw the Aurora over the house on the first night. Cho was a wonderful host and makes you feel very much at home. Highly recommended

The owner super friendly and helpful. Even have wake up call for aurora by him. Super cozy place!