9th Ave Hostel Reviews

905 9th Ave, Fairbanks, USA

All good. Courteous host, interesting guests. The door that's supposed to be locked isn't locked properly by guests much of the time but that's a hard rule to enforce. The place is about 15-20 minute walk from downtown and on the side of town closer to the airport, so that helps to keep taxi fares down.

Cho was friendly and helpful during our stay. The hostel was tidy and clean. The information provided on Hostelworld.com states there are two 4 bed dorms. It does NOT mention the bunk bed in the living area downstairs, between the two dorm rooms, with only a partial curtain across it for privacy, which is where we stayed. As a couple, paying $60 for the two of us to sleep in an open room with the 8 people from the two dorm rooms coming in and out of our sleeping area was not worth the money.

• 26th May 2015

Nice, clean and above all WARM. This is a cozy house, not a hotel, so it feels like you're staying with friends. Two dorms downstairs in the basement, living room and kitchen upstairs. Cho is a cool guy who manages the place. Great sushi place down the street.

This Hostel is perfect including the place, facilities and the staff... I was so happy because the owner Mr Cho is very friendly and he helped me a lot even before I came there. He gave me excellent tips about fairbanks, things to see and to do there. Furthermore I saw the Aurora, more then two times, from the backyard. I recommend strongly this Hostel. It is worth each penny.