9th Ave Hostel Reviews

905 9th Ave, Fairbanks, USA

The owner of the hostel is amazing - super friendly, really takes care of his guests and keeps the place super clean. I can absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone!

Definitely recommend staying here!

When I go to a hostel I expect just hot water and a decent bathroom. Two of the three showers I took there were with cold water. The bathroom was shared between 6 guests and for three days it was never cleaned. The floor was covered with hair, the sink with tooth paste and soap, the trash bin (which contained also used toilette paper) was never emptied and you don't want to know about the toilette. Overall the hostel was very dirty (kitchen, common areas, floors) and the guy was never cleaning.

• 9th Jul 2014

Hands-down, this is the quietest hostel I've ever stayed it. Compliments to Cho for making us feel like a guest in his home and for the clean and respectful travelers who stay there. It's 5 miles from the airport, so if that's how you arrive, it's 2 bus trips (limited schedule, no Sundays) or a $20 cab ride with tip. A great location in between downtown and the amenities on Airport Way. Wonderful, older neighborhood.

• 3rd Jul 2014

It is a house that has been turned into a make-shift hostel but this is not necessarily a bad thing. There are no locks on the doors and no lockers which may bother some. The kitchen, lounge room + free wi-fi were great and is well located to the bus stop which made getting around easy. Not easy to meet people in my experience and with no alcohol allowed on site does not create a "social" environment. The hostel is fine for those passing through however not recommended for those looking for fun.

Very good hostel. Good services, comfortable, quiet and the owner is very nice.

The owner was nice and very helpful. He was knowledgeable about places to visit in order to experience the real Alaska. Place was clean and safe. Big kitchen that will accomodates all of your needs. Will definitely stay here again.

The best hostel I had stayed in the US.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

We loved staying here. It was a really nice relaxed hostel, more like a big shared house actually. Fantastic location, just a few blocks from Downtown and the bus station. We saw the Aurora over the house on the first night. Cho was a wonderful host and makes you feel very much at home. Highly recommended

The owner super friendly and helpful. Even have wake up call for aurora by him. Super cozy place!

Here is Amazing Hostel.I gotta implase every thing!! I really recommend it.

Although I stayed on vacation for two weeks in February, 2014, it can be declared that it was the hostel No.1 in my life. While I was staying, bread, the instant Mr. Cho of the janitor was kind many things at me who am a very good person and came alone. I come only by it truly and think that it was good.

• 18th Feb 2014