A Beary Good Hostel Reviews

66A&B Pagoda Street, Singapore, Singapore

Pros: location, location, location! Right outside Chinatown MRT, and nestled in the market-lined streets of Chinatown. Great value for Singapore, and amenities include pay-per-load laundry and solid wifi. Cons: No real place to socialize (or smoke, Singapore has strict rules on the streets) and breakfast was just minimal toast and jam. Great place to crash if you're transiting to another flight the next day as Singapore's MRT system is cheap and incredibly efficient.

A very nice hostel, with a great location only twenty steps from the Chinatown MRT station, and an easy walk to Boat Quay etc. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms were very bright and airy. All the toast you could want for breakfast, and I think their beer might be the cheapest in town!

The staff very friendly and really customer first, even i booked a wrong date, they have make an immediate action to transfer me to others Hostel which near by. Besides, I highly appreciated that they rent me a bed which suppose to cost SGD 28 with my booking prices - SGD 25. Very touching, great place to stay.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Nearly perfect, only a small disadvantage, slightly smell in bedroom.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • China

Very nice Hostel, i will come back soon ! thank you

• 12th Aug 2014

This is my 1st time to stay in a hostel and it was beyond my expectation. I never thought staying in a hostel will be so much fun and full of adventure. I would like to commend the staff for keeping the place so so clean and organized. They were so accomodating and friendly (so sad we didnt get their names). It is our home away from home. They even got discounted tickets for us. Unlimited coffee and hot choco!! hihi. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit SG!! Good job!!

Good place to stay, near to chinatown mrt

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Staff there are very friendly and approachable. Keep it up. Will be going there soon.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Best thing is location. This hostel has run down over the years with bad cleaning or none in places... no maintance up keep, will not be going back there!

Super cute decor ! Bears all over the place ;) The staff is also super helpful. Jon especially ! He gave me great tips where to watch the soccer world cup finale ;) The location is also great ! When you exit the hostel you walk right into a street market. The only problem is the price...

I have asked many questions for shopping center and attractive tourist even sight seeing tour, they are excellent to help me out to find the directions. Yeah, many thanks!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

The hostel felt really homie and the staffs were extremely helpful and friendly. My experience was "beary" good!

• 9th Jul 2014

Awesome place, met a lot of fun people and the location is very convenient for us. :) had a beary beary good time. :)

The hostel is just a few steps out of Chinatown MRT station and around the hostel you'll find plenty of food stalls/restaurant and souvenir shops to choose from. My sister and I stayed in the 10-12 mixed dorm located at the 2nd floor (excluding the store below the hostel). The bathroom for the said dorm is out of service, so we have to go outside the room and share with the 3rd floor occupants (bathroom is also on the 2nd floor). The breakfast is average and the internet is fine..July 03-04,2014

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • ycalimag
  • Philippines

The place is good and homey! I like the staff and their warm.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Very friendly staff and amazing location right at the skytrain station although not the most social hostel

The location of this hostel is good, just next to the MRT exit. Some beds' location in the 12-bedded room is not good(near the door), and if traveler stay at these beds, they could not sleep very well. The cleanliness of the public area is acceptable, but there were some stuff made this hostel like under construction.

Great location, just 10 steps from the Chinatown MRT

I thought the staff was friendly, accommodating

• 23rd May 2014
  • Malaysia

The location is very convinient. But the hygiene of bed has to be improved urgently, because I was bit by bug in the bed or blanket , pls inform the manager to take care.

• 11th May 2014