A Casa di Amici Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

via Dante, 57, Palermo, Italy

Great Hostel

• 14th Apr 2015

Lovely hostel in a nice area of Palermo, but quite a bit of a walk to the main sights and train station. Nice atmosphere to meet people, colourful spacious dorms, huge kitchen and common areas as well as a piano and different kinds of percussion instruments for you to join in the fun.

My husband and I really enjoyed our time at A Casa di Amici. The staff were friendly and reasonably knowledgable, I would have liked more recommendations on food and bars. The private rooms are spacious and clean as were the bathrooms. I really liked the lounge room area as it made the place feel warm and welcoming. Breakfast was very good. Only downside was the street noise as the hostel is on a major road. Otherwise we loved our stay.

Good base for exploring Palermo, decent rooms and common area. Only drawbacks are the loud main road outside and that the rooms aren't locked. The front entrance is well protected though.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had lost my neckless and they tried very much to find it and make me feel better. They were really really nice! Thank you! The hostel itself is very nice, bright and friendly. Breakfast is nice! Unfortunately it's very loud because of the big street outside of the house..

• 19th Mar 2015

The hostel was impressively clean and we saw it being cleaned everyday. The staff were helpful but kept to themselves like the other guests did. And it was quite annoying that other guests in our dorm were allowed to check in and be shown around the room after 10pm when everyone else trying to sleep. Its a good half an hour walk to the station which was terrible but not too far from the churches and cathedral. We felt safe the whole tike we were there

that was a very good stay with a perfect team an service !!

This hostel is amazing! The staff are the friendliest people ever, great vibes all around! I love this place!!

• 6th Mar 2015

I had a great time in this hostel! The staff is so nice and helpfull!! the place is clean, well decorated with a lot of instruments, and it's close to everything you need to see. And the breakfast and the beds are good. If I go back to Palermo i will be happy to go there again!

Casa di amici was a great place to stay. The staff will go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and at home. I loved the location, as a person that can walk anywhere, the hostel was beautifully placed near bus stops and good places to eat and go out. Very homey and breakfast was great and the facilities as well. Ask the staff anything and they will treat you like family.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Dominican Republic

I had a really good time here. The staff and other guest were fun people to hang out with no matter what mood. I liked it very much and I look forward to returning at the end of this week. It's a great location to explore Palermo. There is many site within a 10 minute walk from the hostel. Definitely ask about the instruments in the recreation/living room, Santo will be happy to show you how they work. Have fun! Grazie mille!!! Ki

One of the best hostels I've been to. Only things to change could be that the WiFi is often slow at peak times and the showers don't get as hot as id like. Free breakfast is great, lovely kitchen!

Really enjoyed this hostel - very clean, they provide lockers with key, nice common areas and kitchen to use. Staff are all very friendly and there are plenty of maps and resources for things to do in Palermo.

A Casa di Amici was absolutely phenomenal--the perfect way to begin my hostel experiences! The atmosphere was extraordinarily welcoming, and there were lots of ways that guest could easily connect with one another and feel at home. I loved all the instruments! The beds were comfortable and clean, and I always felt safe and at home there! Thank you so much for such an excellent stay.

• 30th Jan 2015

Very nice hostel and a great staff in a clean, comfortable environment. Especially, mamma's cakes are great for breakfast.

I can't recommend A Casa di Amici enough. This hostel offers a clean, light, spacious and secure environment with very helpful, friendly staff. I really enjoyed my stay, met some wonderful peopl and would return if ever I find myself in Palermo again.

• 21st Jan 2015

I've stayed in many, many, many hostels before, and I can tell you for a fact that this is NOT a hostel. This is a family. Santo and Claudia are wonderful people, so full of life and joy. Stay at A Casa di Amici for the best experience of Palermo.

Stayed in quite some Hostels in Sicily and this one was definitely the best in Quality for their price range. No complaints. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Incredibly unfriendly night staff.

I usually never get a chance to rate the hostels in which I stay at (and I have stayed at many) but this hostel is worth the time and effort in writing a review. The staff were the most warm and welcoming people I have ever met. When my brother, my friend, and I arrived later in the night we were tired but their positive, excited welcoming made us feel right at home. We came in on Christmas day and we were greeted with Champagne and Panettone- I didn't think it could get any better than that!

• 25th Dec 2014