A Casa di Amici Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

via Dante, 57, Palermo, Italy

Staff very kindly, breakfast was too good. I don't have any complaints

We booked the morning of and stayed only for the night, leaving very early in the morning. Nonetheless the room was huge, staff accommodating, and the breakfast was very good. They even served us a bit early. Honestly, it was the best part about being in Palermo.

• 1st Jan 2016

Bring ear plugs. If it isnt the busy street keeping u up w honking and sirens then possibly the "band" playing will till around 11pm or later. Its old building so sound travels far. Staaff excellent. Very helpful w everything, planning. Location got some 30 min walks to msin sites but youll explore. Rooms are big (Private ensuite) Comfortable beds, hot water, atmosphere quiet prob low season. Big kitchen w many utensils available. Breakfast in morning. Only complaint noise

Dorm beds were a bit close but the common room is very good. Staff is very friendly.

It had a very friendly environment and staff were super helpful. One staff member did yell at me for walking up to him wearing only a shirt and underwear (I was going to ask him a question and then go back to sleep) and I felt if he had a problem with it, he could have been a lot nicer in telling me.

• 19th Nov 2015

Staff really relaxed and friendly and created a similar atmosphere for guests, really home like place to chill out , meet others and enjoy Palermo. I stayed for 5 nights in a female dorm. Very clean and comfortable and walking distance to main sights.

The staff here are great, they're happy to give great travel advice and join in with socialising. They've also done an awesome job with decorating, it's almost a museum of various musical instruments and the atmosphere was very cosy

Everyone was so lovely! Welcoming, kind and enthusiastic. The dorms are perfectly clean and well kept. The lockers were spacious and secure and the beds were comfy. The kitchen and eating/chill area were homely and relaxed with more than enough room for everybody. When I arrived everyone, including the staff, were having a jam session with Santo's (the owner of the hostel) hand-made drums. It was such an authentic and delightful welcome for my first time in Sicily. I'd definitely go back.

Great job!!

Your luggage hold needs to be locked and monitored.

A really nice hostel to stay in, awesome facilities in the lounge room and open kitchen, also a great little outdoor area to hang out in. Very clean and tidy, the breakfast was great too! Didn't get to know the staff too much, however Alessandra was great, helpful and engaging and also helped me practice my Italian! I would reccomend this hostel above others as the location is a lot nicer and there is heaps of space in the hostel.

Very nice staff, good location and clean facilities. The common area is also pleasant and comfortable. The only negative point was, that the rooms are quite noisy, but that's normal for central Palermo I guess ;) We would definitively recommend the Casa di Amici!

I loved my stay at this hostel! The location is great, a short walk to most everything in the city. The staff is amazing. They are extremely helpful and interact with the guests in a really outstanding way. The common areas are set up really well and encourage socializing. The kitchen facilities are also top notch!

This is a fantastic hostel. Home made meals and friendly staff make this place worth it. The location is walkable to most of the main sites, but it's about a 30 min walk from the station. A good breakfast and clean bathroom and common areas. Highly recommended!

We only stayed one night but we wished we stayed longer. Rooms were big and clean, air con worked well, the hostel was very well located and the staff were fabulous. Thank you Santos for the warm welcome and the experience of a lifetime. It felt like the real Sicily.

Loved this hostel, I would highly recommend it to anyone. The owner is super friendly and the atmosphere is wonderful!

Only stayed here for a night but it was a really nice hostel :). The staff was friendly and there is a really nice small terrace outside where I met some nice people.