A Casa di Amici Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

via Dante, 57, Palermo, Italy

I had a really good time here. The staff and other guest were fun people to hang out with no matter what mood. I liked it very much and I look forward to returning at the end of this week. It's a great location to explore Palermo. There is many site within a 10 minute walk from the hostel. Definitely ask about the instruments in the recreation/living room, Santo will be happy to show you how they work. Have fun! Grazie mille!!! Ki

One of the best hostels I've been to. Only things to change could be that the WiFi is often slow at peak times and the showers don't get as hot as id like. Free breakfast is great, lovely kitchen!

Really enjoyed this hostel - very clean, they provide lockers with key, nice common areas and kitchen to use. Staff are all very friendly and there are plenty of maps and resources for things to do in Palermo.

A Casa di Amici was absolutely phenomenal--the perfect way to begin my hostel experiences! The atmosphere was extraordinarily welcoming, and there were lots of ways that guest could easily connect with one another and feel at home. I loved all the instruments! The beds were comfortable and clean, and I always felt safe and at home there! Thank you so much for such an excellent stay.

• 30th Jan 2015

Very nice hostel and a great staff in a clean, comfortable environment. Especially, mamma's cakes are great for breakfast.

I can't recommend A Casa di Amici enough. This hostel offers a clean, light, spacious and secure environment with very helpful, friendly staff. I really enjoyed my stay, met some wonderful peopl and would return if ever I find myself in Palermo again.

• 21st Jan 2015

I've stayed in many, many, many hostels before, and I can tell you for a fact that this is NOT a hostel. This is a family. Santo and Claudia are wonderful people, so full of life and joy. Stay at A Casa di Amici for the best experience of Palermo.

Stayed in quite some Hostels in Sicily and this one was definitely the best in Quality for their price range. No complaints. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Incredibly unfriendly night staff.

I usually never get a chance to rate the hostels in which I stay at (and I have stayed at many) but this hostel is worth the time and effort in writing a review. The staff were the most warm and welcoming people I have ever met. When my brother, my friend, and I arrived later in the night we were tired but their positive, excited welcoming made us feel right at home. We came in on Christmas day and we were greeted with Champagne and Panettone- I didn't think it could get any better than that!

• 25th Dec 2014

Claudia was brilliant! A real help.

Staff were excellent. Great hostel in sicily. Highly recommend. Very generous. Staff available 24 hrs and drinks available to buy at all hours. WifI weak in some areas. Otherwise excellent.

• 7th Dec 2014

This was a very nice and clean hostel with great decorating and nice rooms. I enjoyed my stay there except the drum playing if too late at night.

It was excellent with one minus, a big one actually: the noise from the road. I understand it is not the hostel's fault if there is noisy traffic, but putting double-layer windows in the dorms looks like a necessary requirement. For the reast really nothing to say, it is a good hostel.

highly recommended, plus the breakfast is very good and start very early.

This hostel is a gate to Palermo, even with a free map, and very concicse useful info at their pin wall.

A fantastic hostel! Staff extremely friendly and a really great vibe and buzz about the place. Everything has a "drum" theme, which I quirky and cool! This extends to the instruments, of which there are various percussion ones and guitars around to jam with! Rooms very spacious and very clean. A bit tricky to get to - buses not awfully clear so worth researching this properly before hand! Will definitely stay in this hostel again: well-recommended!

Not a single complaint. The staff were helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was better then I ever could have asked for.

• 19th Oct 2014

Great facilities ,location, the staffs, I enjoy my stay in this hostel meet good people

Really cool place with a great vibe. The facilities are top notch, the kitchen had everything you would need. The hostel staff are fun and on the weekend put on a musical performance. I'd recommend this place.