A Meson Pousada Reviews

Rua das Portas do Carmo, 11 - Pelourinho, Salvador, Salvador, Brazil

Decent hostel. Owner would not allow me to change my reservation to stay only 3 nights instead of the 4 that I had originally booked. I asked for the change a week before I was due to check-in. It was during World Cup but was still within the range specified during the copa (3-nights). Room was OK, but someone had peed in my toilet just prior to my arrival and went all over the seat which was quite disconcerting. Overall decent, not a party hostel and I would describe it more as 1-2 star hotel

laziest owner ever! but friendly staff. the kichen was horrible, equiped with a few things only but with a mice-nest and barratas!

Mix of positives and negatives. Good location for Old Town. Substantial breakfast but served somewhat late at 8 am which is 3+ hours after sunrise. Kitchen not accessible to guests but you can get hot water. Room has an old fashioned charm but let in mosquitoes, which a screen and better care of compound could take care of. Bathroom works but is basic, best to put clothes outside. Host is informative and engaging.

Very helpful staff, kind considerate and helpful. Great location and value for money. It was perfect for me and my girlfriend

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Breakfast was average. The staff was very helpful. Location is ideal. Laundry is NOT on site and the closest laundry mat is VERY expensive. The Internet did not work well and was only available in the "dining room".

some rooms the internet signal does not reach because of the walls but the hallways and lounge of this very well.The internet cafe is a service we offer free to customers who do not charge for internet service The internal laundry was in truly reform and laundry facilities outside the hotel is a bit pricey.

We were expecting a somewhat better room, based on the ratings of the site. Our room had no windows, there were ants in the bathroom and we woke up with a lot of mosquito bites (I hope they were mosquitoes). We had to pay in cash because the credit card machine was broken. There was no shower, but rather a shower head in the middle of the bathroom. The leakage was defective so there was always a puddle of water on the ground. Breakfast was good, though, and location is great.

in tropical countries with high temperature there are ants that may have entered through the bathroom window, there are mosquitoes in tropical countries you could have used repellent that provide a five star might have been better to balance the demands. the next time do not choose the cheapest.

Very helpful and english speaking which is good. Met quite a few other travellers too. Ended up with a 6 bed dorm room to myself as my single room was not available. The only negatives were the shower was a bit weak and the fridge in the room had seen better days and did not work. Would definitely recommend as it's slap bang in the middle of the historical area and a short walk to the bus stops which gets you to the beach and the bus station. Recommended!

Didn't really stay very long but the place has a great location and is very well priced for a double room.

Lucia speaks english and is very helpful. The staff are friendly. Location is the best if you want to be in the historic centre and a good range of eating optionss are close. .

Lucia makes the best cakes :))

A shabby place with fleas in the mattress and very poor cafe da manha, only choosable for its central location and affordability of rates.

Stayed for Carnaval. Our original room was passed to another couple as we hadn´t paid the full deposit on time. Our room was tiny but comfortable and very quiet. Even during Carnaval which passed right passed the hostel there was no noise. Great location although very far from beach. Had some problems settling the bill, but overall we enjoyed the stay. Breakfast very good.

Yeah, really wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. No lockers. Not the most friendliest of staff. No lock on room door. Best to look elsewhere for a cheap room.

security is a real issue. there are no lockers and while there is a safe, the day after i put a bag in there i saw it lying on the front desk while they were doing "work." the doors are rarely locked, and several times i walked straight off the street into my room without passing anyone or using a key. another guest was mugged in the front entranceway. the owner seems almost irritated with the guests, and doesn't say even say hello or smile when you pass her.

Felt frustrated that the mix up with our booking was blamed on us despite us having email agreeing to what we had requested. Owner and most staff were friendly/pleasant but felt some more minimal english would have improved our stay. The large holes in the wall to toilet in the 6 bed room and lack of door to toilet to one of the double rooms meant there was very little privacy. To a certain extent did feel like we were intruding on owners living space.

Luci very nice management, i didnt have an initial booking but she ensured she found me a room. Excellent rate for what it is. Lee Mac 09.

Best spot ever for Carnaval, right in the thick of it all in the Pelrinho district... definitely stay here if you plan to come for Carnaval. Lucia is very welcoming and lets you treat the place as your own home! She even cooked the whole hostel a farewell meal on the last night of Carnaval! Strongly reccommend.

teniamos 2 noches reservadas. Cuano llegamos no teniamos habitacion disponibles. Tuvimos que esperar que desocuparan y limpiaran la habitacion del encargado de la posada para dormir ahi. El segundo dia nos tuvimos que cambiar a otra habitacion pero el baño no tenia agua calienta. Realmente lamentable.

dont transfer money through western union since luci have no clue what it is. other than that we had a great time there under carnival in salvador!

Excellent breakfast, nice people and the owner Lucia is great, friendly and helpful. The place is clean and I really felt at home. .Excellent location. I had a great time there and I'll come back again. I would really recommend anyone to stay at Pousada Meson!

• 11th Jun 2007