A Sunflower Stop

Fabulous 386 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 386 Total Reviews

19th May 2017

The facilities and staff were really great. It's a good location, but not the best if you want to go out at night... though an über ride is only about $3usd. The only downfall for this hostel, to me, was that there weren't many other travellers staying here during my stay.

24th Apr 2017

Definitely great vibes at this hostel! Wish I had spent my whole time in capetown here.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
18th Apr 2017

Great time in a sunflower stop, thank you very much!!

15th Apr 2017

This is the best Hostel in Cape Town. Wonderful location, amazing staff, good atmosphere, nice facilities. I loved my stay and I will recommend to everybody.

• South Africa, Male, 25-30
14th Mar 2017
4.6

Extremely rude staff member named John I think. I am not going to waste my time elaborating but will definitely not recommended this place. Did not feel comfortable once

• USA, Couple, 31-40
25th Jan 2017

This place is great... so comfortable and friendly. We originally booked for one night and decided to extend. Both Dan and John (the manager) are incredibly accommodating and went out of their way to look through cancellations and help us out. We had great talks with both of them about South African culture and general questions about the area. Makeala was very nice at check-in and is a good bartender. The cleaning staff does a great job,especially considering how many people are in and out.

24th Jan 2017
8.0

Nice hostel, the only thing I didn't like was that people would be smoking at the all day/night long and smell would go inside living and into my room.

24th Jan 2017

I really enjoyed Sunflower. You get this really relaxed, welcoming vibe when you stay there. The hostel doesn't skimp on anything - they have soap, plenty of kitchen utensils, actual coffee - so it feels like they really value their customers. Room was nice, stayed in a dorm. Only downside is that if you're on the bottom bunk, it's too short to allow sitting on your bed. Wifi was decent - better in the first part of my stay, though, which is strange considering the hostel was fully booked!