A Sunflower Stop Reviews

179 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

My South African home! I miss it already. I planned to stay there for only 2 nights, but I immediately knew I needed more time. When I returned to the city a week later, after taking the Baz Bus up the coast, I stayed at Sunflower 2 more nights and met some incredible people. The staff is great, the coffee is perfect, the location is easy to find and enjoy, and the layout of the common areas is excellent. I hope to visit Cape Town again, and when I do, Sunflower is where I'll be.

Lovely place to stay in Cape town, great vibe and awesome stagf. Woud be back for sure

Hands down the best location one can hope for. 5 minutes from the V&A waterfront, close to all the touristy things! The best part about the hostel though is the amazing environment! The staff is pretty cool and every evening is like a party. There is no breakfast included in the fare, which was a little bit of a downer but it is still great value for money. Thank you for the wonderful stay!.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • India

A lovely placed to stay with a great vibe and such nice employees.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • South Africa

Fantastic stay

• 2nd Jan 2016

Great spot. We only stayed here one night and wished we had stayed here our whole time in Cape Town!

• 1st Jan 2016

Was a good stay with clean facilities. Second time using sunflower stop!

The staff were absolutely superb and very welcoming. It didn't take long for me to feel right at home and part of the Sunflower family. The rooms were always clean and comfortable and the location is conveniently central and safe. The atmosphere was wonderful - I didn't want to leave and I'll definitely be back! I really hope to see you all next year, same time same place. Thank you for everything Ashley, Jon, Andrew and Ciaran.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Pretty good overall, only thing that is not too optimal is that the room between your bed and the one above you is a little small You can walk to the park and beach from this place!

Great place

• 18th Oct 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for taking the time to fill in your review form.

The location is good. Easy to walk everywhere & I like walking. Felt welcome str8 away.. friendly staff & uses the bar area well - even sum1 fairly unsocial such as myself found it approachable. Sounds travels from the bar into the rooms fairly easily so if you are going to be there @ a w/e or during the summer bare that in mind. I liked the vibe on the quieter nights. Shower woz bit cold in the morn but good in afternoons when less people want one. Note: Thick duvets. But maybe that was just me

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for your review, we are always looking to improve so could you be kind enough to let me know where our cleanliness and Character let us down. Kind regards Ashley

One of the better hostels in cape town, good value too. Unusual for a hostel was that the rooms were pleasant enough to happily spend a few hours reading in. Better then ashanti lodge, and the (over) famed green elephant (overpriced slumville in a dull area). I was surprised that house-keeping cleaned rooms & made beds everyday. I was here during the off season (virtually zero tourists) so cant comment on the vibe.

← Back to search results