A Sunflower Stop Reviews

179 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

My South African home! I miss it already. I planned to stay there for only 2 nights, but I immediately knew I needed more time. When I returned to the city a week later, after taking the Baz Bus up the coast, I stayed at Sunflower 2 more nights and met some incredible people. The staff is great, the coffee is perfect, the location is easy to find and enjoy, and the layout of the common areas is excellent. I hope to visit Cape Town again, and when I do, Sunflower is where I'll be.

Lovely place to stay in Cape town, great vibe and awesome stagf. Woud be back for sure

Hands down the best location one can hope for. 5 minutes from the V&A waterfront, close to all the touristy things! The best part about the hostel though is the amazing environment! The staff is pretty cool and every evening is like a party. There is no breakfast included in the fare, which was a little bit of a downer but it is still great value for money. Thank you for the wonderful stay!.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • India

A lovely placed to stay with a great vibe and such nice employees.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • South Africa

Fantastic stay

• 2nd Jan 2016

Great spot. We only stayed here one night and wished we had stayed here our whole time in Cape Town!

• 1st Jan 2016

Was a good stay with clean facilities. Second time using sunflower stop!

The staff were absolutely superb and very welcoming. It didn't take long for me to feel right at home and part of the Sunflower family. The rooms were always clean and comfortable and the location is conveniently central and safe. The atmosphere was wonderful - I didn't want to leave and I'll definitely be back! I really hope to see you all next year, same time same place. Thank you for everything Ashley, Jon, Andrew and Ciaran.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Pretty good overall, only thing that is not too optimal is that the room between your bed and the one above you is a little small You can walk to the park and beach from this place!

Great place

• 18th Oct 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for taking the time to fill in your review form.

The location is good. Easy to walk everywhere & I like walking. Felt welcome str8 away.. friendly staff & uses the bar area well - even sum1 fairly unsocial such as myself found it approachable. Sounds travels from the bar into the rooms fairly easily so if you are going to be there @ a w/e or during the summer bare that in mind. I liked the vibe on the quieter nights. Shower woz bit cold in the morn but good in afternoons when less people want one. Note: Thick duvets. But maybe that was just me

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for your review, we are always looking to improve so could you be kind enough to let me know where our cleanliness and Character let us down. Kind regards Ashley

One of the better hostels in cape town, good value too. Unusual for a hostel was that the rooms were pleasant enough to happily spend a few hours reading in. Better then ashanti lodge, and the (over) famed green elephant (overpriced slumville in a dull area). I was surprised that house-keeping cleaned rooms & made beds everyday. I was here during the off season (virtually zero tourists) so cant comment on the vibe.

Great hostel with wonderful staff. Not a crazy party place but good if you're looking to just hang out and talk to some fellow travellers at night. It's not centrally located but getting into CT center is really easy with the minibusses.

Nice hostel I would recommend. Situated next to a busy road but you don't even notice. After a 25 min walk you can get to the VA Waterfront. In the morning other people can be noisy, It didn't bother me. You can ask the staff anything, they are happy to help. Its a very cosy hostel. The facilities to make your own dinner are okay, the store is a 5 min walk. The showers and toilets are clean and nice. Jon is awesome!

• 1st Mar 2015

I had a wonderfull stay at The Sunflower Stop. Friendly and helpfull staff, close to the beach and city center. A little bit noisy from the street when you sleep in the front rooms. Free coffee available and supermarket very close. Sheets could do with a change. Definitely a highly recomended place to stay in Cape Town.

Great location with just walking distance to take bus, groceries, restaurants, bars.The place are generally safe as lady can walk by herself in this area. Clean hostel and near to go to beach.

This hostel needs to do an overhaul on their facilities. The bathrooms are in the middle of the hallway and our room was stiflingly hot with only one working ceiling fan. Having said that, taking into consideration all factors, this was the best hostel (out of the six we stayed at in or around Cape Town). The location is ideal, they have a pool, they BBQ'd and offered salad and bread, bar out front, nice kitchen, clean, friendly. Totally worth the money!

A vibrant and lively place, we had an amazing time at Sunflower. Private room was super clean and comfy and communal areas are clean and well equipped. Wednesday "braai night" was awesome (and I can imagine a great treat for foreign travelers) - staff supplied fire, pap, sauce and salads and we had a great jol at the bar with other guests until the early hours. We were worried about parking outside in the busy street but this turned out OK. Love Sunflower Stop, will definitely be back.

The facilities need some improvement, but it's fairly close to the airport and good value.

My son, daughter and I, had a great time at the Sunflower Stop. The Braii on Saturday evening was great. It was the freindliest place we stayed at during our Africa trip. I wish we could have stayed in Capetown longer.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7