A Sunflower Stop Reviews

179 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

My son, daughter and I, had a great time at the Sunflower Stop. The Braii on Saturday evening was great. It was the freindliest place we stayed at during our Africa trip. I wish we could have stayed in Capetown longer.

A good place to stay for backpackers and overlanders - perhaps less so for us as more mature travellers seeking peace & quiet. Staff great with good advice, help and support. Location a little distant from main attractions but C'est la vie. Need to rethink ensuite room we booked - far too close to reception and bar and very noisy at night and early morning when groups and overlanders depart - needs to be in better location given extra cost. That said a good stay.

Great rooms and facilities . The staff are sooooo friendly and helpful thanks Ashley and Dan! Legends We keep checking out but then keep coming back.

Clean friendly place. Lot's of tour options to set up from hostel. Very clean. Home-like atmosphere with kitchen so you can do your own cooking.

Had all a traveler needs when on the road. A bit far from city centre if you're after night life but is very good if you want somewhere quiet.worth the stop.Recommended!!

Easy going people

Definitely felt welcome from the word go. Been awhile since I'd stayed in a hostel so it was a bit daunting at first, everyone was friendly though and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a short stay in Cape Town :)

I like the most- the ambience of hostel created by absolutely helpful and great staff there. Its clean! Hostel offers to its guests kitchen facilities so that you can prepare your own food!!There 's a bar and even pool (not olimpic size though ;-)Dorms could be a bit more spacious but all in all its a gr8 place to stay in!!!!

I had a verry good time there. The staff always ready to help! Good people, good atmosphere! I recomend.

• 21st Jan 2014

Except the fact, that it's located a little bit away from main attractions, this is a highly recommended place to stay.

Awesome place to stay! Very friendly and helpful staff! Good location near some restaurants, supermarket and about 10 min walt to the famous waterfront. We really enjoyed our last days in south africa there..

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Unfortunately the dorm was quite loud, because the fan was making some noise and you also heard the noise from the hallway. The kitchen was quite good and it even had a proper can opener which I was missing in most other hostels. I really like the location in green point, not to far from the waterfront and the nice garden with pool and bar. Really good Hostel

A Nice place to stay, very clean, Nice bar, good wine :)

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Great location for Victoria and Albert Pier, plenty of good restaurants and good drinking to be had at the hostel bar.

• 27th Dec 2013

Have stayed here twice before and found it a good place to stay and would stay here again.

I highly recommend The Sunflower Stop! Incredible people, incredible facilities, incredible place! Not only are the staff amazing they love they're job and make sure you enjoy your stay! Thank you so much to Ian, Nate, Daniel, JP, Andrew and Joe for a week that we will remember forever! The bar, the Braii, the pool, the parties! There is not one dull moment at the sunflower. The location is ideal as you can walk to the VA waterfront, a short cab ride to Long Street or to the beaches!

It is a really nice hostel. Very clean and nice staff. The will help you with anything. De bar is a nice meeting place.

• 16th Sep 2013

Brilliant hostel. Staff were really helpful & offered tourism booking options. Our double bed private en-suite room was excellent. Small pool, large kitchen and communal areas. Bar was best part of hostel, really good atmosphere, laid back & great bar staff, didn't turn rowdy & disturb your sleep at all & our room was right next to bar. Real family atmosphere here!! 15 min walk for Hop-on Hop-off bus stop.

Although off season and poor weather during my stay, I found this hostel a friendly, cordial and social place to stay. The hostel bar is inviting and pleasant; staff were also very efficient and professional. The hostel is situated about 2 miles from downtown in green point so it is closer to the marina and the bay than the CBD; but still walkable. There are some decent places to eat and drink along main road, but more expensive and touristy than in the city. One of the better Cape Town hostels.

The hostel was great, people friendly and very helpful, but if I can offer a minor suggestion late afternoon mealtime was sometimes a bit of a scram for kitchen saucepans and equipment. I would suggest an appraisal and upgrade of saucepans, utensils, crockery and cutlery would be helpful. No wish to offend - its a great place! Thank you

• 27th Aug 2013