A Sunflower Stop Reviews

179 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

I had a wonderfull stay at The Sunflower Stop. Friendly and helpfull staff, close to the beach and city center. A little bit noisy from the street when you sleep in the front rooms. Free coffee available and supermarket very close. Sheets could do with a change. Definitely a highly recomended place to stay in Cape Town.

Great location with just walking distance to take bus, groceries, restaurants, bars.The place are generally safe as lady can walk by herself in this area. Clean hostel and near to go to beach.

This hostel needs to do an overhaul on their facilities. The bathrooms are in the middle of the hallway and our room was stiflingly hot with only one working ceiling fan. Having said that, taking into consideration all factors, this was the best hostel (out of the six we stayed at in or around Cape Town). The location is ideal, they have a pool, they BBQ'd and offered salad and bread, bar out front, nice kitchen, clean, friendly. Totally worth the money!

A vibrant and lively place, we had an amazing time at Sunflower. Private room was super clean and comfy and communal areas are clean and well equipped. Wednesday "braai night" was awesome (and I can imagine a great treat for foreign travelers) - staff supplied fire, pap, sauce and salads and we had a great jol at the bar with other guests until the early hours. We were worried about parking outside in the busy street but this turned out OK. Love Sunflower Stop, will definitely be back.

The facilities need some improvement, but it's fairly close to the airport and good value.

My son, daughter and I, had a great time at the Sunflower Stop. The Braii on Saturday evening was great. It was the freindliest place we stayed at during our Africa trip. I wish we could have stayed in Capetown longer.

A good place to stay for backpackers and overlanders - perhaps less so for us as more mature travellers seeking peace & quiet. Staff great with good advice, help and support. Location a little distant from main attractions but C'est la vie. Need to rethink ensuite room we booked - far too close to reception and bar and very noisy at night and early morning when groups and overlanders depart - needs to be in better location given extra cost. That said a good stay.

Great rooms and facilities . The staff are sooooo friendly and helpful thanks Ashley and Dan! Legends We keep checking out but then keep coming back.

The staff was very helpful! Location was great! I did enjoy my time at Sunflower Stop. Thank you.

Clean friendly place. Lot's of tour options to set up from hostel. Very clean. Home-like atmosphere with kitchen so you can do your own cooking.

Had all a traveler needs when on the road. A bit far from city centre if you're after night life but is very good if you want somewhere quiet.worth the stop.Recommended!!

Easy going people

Definitely felt welcome from the word go. Been awhile since I'd stayed in a hostel so it was a bit daunting at first, everyone was friendly though and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a short stay in Cape Town :)

Fantastic atmosphere and facilities. The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were wonderful; friendly and always willing to help with questions and/or recommendations. Best part was the bar and the people. Thanks for an amazing stay!!

I like the most- the ambience of hostel created by absolutely helpful and great staff there. Its clean! Hostel offers to its guests kitchen facilities so that you can prepare your own food!!There 's a bar and even pool (not olimpic size though ;-)Dorms could be a bit more spacious but all in all its a gr8 place to stay in!!!!

I had a verry good time there. The staff always ready to help! Good people, good atmosphere! I recomend.

• 21st Jan 2014

Except the fact, that it's located a little bit away from main attractions, this is a highly recommended place to stay.

Awesome place to stay! Very friendly and helpful staff! Good location near some restaurants, supermarket and about 10 min walt to the famous waterfront. We really enjoyed our last days in south africa there..

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Unfortunately the dorm was quite loud, because the fan was making some noise and you also heard the noise from the hallway. The kitchen was quite good and it even had a proper can opener which I was missing in most other hostels. I really like the location in green point, not to far from the waterfront and the nice garden with pool and bar. Really good Hostel

A Nice place to stay, very clean, Nice bar, good wine :)

• 30th Dec 2013