A Sunflower Stop Reviews

179 Main Road, Green Point, Cape Town, South Africa

I like the most- the ambience of hostel created by absolutely helpful and great staff there. Its clean! Hostel offers to its guests kitchen facilities so that you can prepare your own food!!There 's a bar and even pool (not olimpic size though ;-)Dorms could be a bit more spacious but all in all its a gr8 place to stay in!!!!

I had a verry good time there. The staff always ready to help! Good people, good atmosphere! I recomend.

• 21st Jan 2014

Except the fact, that it's located a little bit away from main attractions, this is a highly recommended place to stay.

Awesome place to stay! Very friendly and helpful staff! Good location near some restaurants, supermarket and about 10 min walt to the famous waterfront. We really enjoyed our last days in south africa there..

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Unfortunately the dorm was quite loud, because the fan was making some noise and you also heard the noise from the hallway. The kitchen was quite good and it even had a proper can opener which I was missing in most other hostels. I really like the location in green point, not to far from the waterfront and the nice garden with pool and bar. Really good Hostel

A Nice place to stay, very clean, Nice bar, good wine :)

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Belgium

Great location for Victoria and Albert Pier, plenty of good restaurants and good drinking to be had at the hostel bar.

• 27th Dec 2013

Have stayed here twice before and found it a good place to stay and would stay here again.

I highly recommend The Sunflower Stop! Incredible people, incredible facilities, incredible place! Not only are the staff amazing they love they're job and make sure you enjoy your stay! Thank you so much to Ian, Nate, Daniel, JP, Andrew and Joe for a week that we will remember forever! The bar, the Braii, the pool, the parties! There is not one dull moment at the sunflower. The location is ideal as you can walk to the VA waterfront, a short cab ride to Long Street or to the beaches!

It is a really nice hostel. Very clean and nice staff. The will help you with anything. De bar is a nice meeting place.

• 16th Sep 2013

Brilliant hostel. Staff were really helpful & offered tourism booking options. Our double bed private en-suite room was excellent. Small pool, large kitchen and communal areas. Bar was best part of hostel, really good atmosphere, laid back & great bar staff, didn't turn rowdy & disturb your sleep at all & our room was right next to bar. Real family atmosphere here!! 15 min walk for Hop-on Hop-off bus stop.

Although off season and poor weather during my stay, I found this hostel a friendly, cordial and social place to stay. The hostel bar is inviting and pleasant; staff were also very efficient and professional. The hostel is situated about 2 miles from downtown in green point so it is closer to the marina and the bay than the CBD; but still walkable. There are some decent places to eat and drink along main road, but more expensive and touristy than in the city. One of the better Cape Town hostels.

The hostel was great, people friendly and very helpful, but if I can offer a minor suggestion late afternoon mealtime was sometimes a bit of a scram for kitchen saucepans and equipment. I would suggest an appraisal and upgrade of saucepans, utensils, crockery and cutlery would be helpful. No wish to offend - its a great place! Thank you

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

A small and intimate hostel, quiet and nice atmosphere. The best thing was the service, Daniel was very nice and helpful and gave some good advice. Good that there are 2 computers to use free of charge. There should be some European plugs in the rooms (there are in the lounge) so you are able to charge your camera, phone etc. We didn't know that and ended up with too low battery for our tours to take pictures. Besides that it was good.

Good place for stay !

A Sunflower Stop was a great place to stay. The main staff member was cool, friendly and made me feel more than welcome. I needed loads of sleep after a hard week and got more than I bargained for. The WiFi worked well and it was safe. I would DEFINITELY stay here again. Thank you! I was 100% satisfied. Lerato from South Africa

• 28th Jun 2013
  • South Africa

Bed bugs.

• 20th May 2013

Hi Anna, We are very sorry for this incident and I just wanted you to know that all the beds and mattresses in this room have been replaced as well as a double vumigation in the hostel. We have not had a repeat of the problem again. Once again- sorry.

We are very impressed with the staff and helpers at A Sunflowerstop. We will try to return - we already extended our stay twice, can't seem to leave.

• 16th May 2013

Pretty nice hostel. Clean rooms, not much sound during the night. Warm water and free wifi. Near the Waterfront, but far from the downtown for people who likes to party.

• 29th Apr 2013

Really nice hostel, good value for money. Very friendly staff and chilled out atmosphere especially at the bar by the swimming pool. The hostel had everything we were looking for. Great facilities, amazingly clean. Definitely a recommended stop in Cape Town especially for young people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7