A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

Awesome hostel! The atmosphere is so social and enjoyable due to the staff and social pasta dinners. Also, one of the staff members will take guests to great nightlife spots.

• 25th Jul 2014

Great location! Near of all the good turistics atractions. The cleanliness was not good, specially the bathroom.

great location in Venice, pretty chilled vibe, but they love to party! No lockers but it felt safe

A Venice Fish is a hostel with great rooms, great views and great staff! There's such a relaxed atmosphere in the hostel and it's so easy to mingle with the other people staying there which all adds to a great stay.

We had an unforgettable stay! Freakin awesome staff and a great atmosphere. The guys who run the place are always available if you have a question and they cook bomb pasta every night served family style. Wish we could have stayed longer and we will definitely be back! Thanks again guys!!

• 10th Jul 2014

Very good hostel with its own character and friendly host. Good location too easy to find if u follow the instruction ;) will recommend this hostel definitely will visit again !

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

I spent one night and I got bed bug bites everywhere the facilities were not clean at all! I would never stay there again!!

• 8th Jul 2014

The hostel was located about 12 mins away from the St Lucas railway station by walk. The staff was really friendly and I was warmly welcomed by one of the staff (Nick) when I got there. The bedrooms were huge although they did not seem to have individual doors. They offered free lockers if you have your own pad locks which was a plus. I would definitely stay there again.

Great place, definitely the spot to stay if you're looking to party in Venice

Fantastic atmosphere, friendly staff and felt at home right away. Although this is not the cleanest and fanciest hostel out there, there is an unbeatable fun, relaxed and chilled atmosphere. We really enjoyed our time here and would definitely consider staying again :)

No hot water, two bathrooms for 40+ guests. I'm convinced my pillow case was not washed. 5 euro pasta for dinner was pretty good. Great social atmosphere. Staff was a little too laid back and not personable enough. Average hostel at best.

Had a great time here, cheap dinners and drinks offered at the hostel was just what we needed. Free washing machine and knowledgeable and friendly staff who will take you out to the good night places. Best place we have stayed so far!

The Venice fish is a great hostel to meet people if you're a solo traveler. For females it is less than ideal with only 2 bathrooms and no mirrors anywhere to do makeup. The rooms are always unlocked (mine didn't lock) and other hostel-goers would walk into my room, including staff without knocking. This can either add to the open atmosphere or invade privacy. The facility itself isn't the cleanest, and 2 bathrooms for ALOT of people--you can imagine. Meeting people is the plus here.

The positive aspects: great location, beautiful building with a comfortable common room where everyone hangs out, and friendly, helpful staff. The negative aspects: only two showers (which were broken/dirty) for way too many people, no kitchen area or plates/cups/cutlery, and the staff are not available sometimes in the morning (I guess they're sleeping?). I had a really great time and the shower situation was no problem for me, but for some people it might be too uncomfortable.

After traveling throughout Italy for 9 weeks, this hostel is the best hostel I've stayed at. The location is not too far from the train station (important for heavy bags) and not too far from the Rialto as well. The staff members are more than accommodating and are very knowledgeable of Venice. Every night, they cook a traditional Italian pasta meal and serve it with wine to all of its guests for only €5. In a city where spaghetti and shrimp can be around €20, these dinners are a luxury.

This hostel has a very chilled communal vibe, great for a solo traveller looking to have a bit of a rest from going out every night. The hostel is basic, but clean. Communal dinner and wine €5 every night..staff are happy to point you in the right direction of what to do/see and may even arrange to take you there too. This hostel was different from any other I stayed at...lots of guitar playing and lounging with fellow travellers.

Loved Venice Fish SO much. Louis and Nick were amazing!! Helped us with so much. Coolest location, very central, walking distance to everything. Rooms were good, clean, felt super safe. The best part was the atmosphere, we only stayed a night and still felt like a family with everyone there. The communal 5 euro dinner was to die for. Nick made us pasta and gave us some great wine too. Everyone ate together then they took us all out to a little Irish Pub. Recommended Spossa, best,cheapest coffee!

Shower was dirty, the beds in a bad condition. It was loud. But really friendly stuff. I liked to option of a dinner all together. And the location is good. All close by.

Excellent location and the $5 dinner is great!

Loved Venice Fish!! Perfect location