A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

I wasn't very pleased to stay here beyond the location and a few friendly people I was very uncomfortable.

Pros: -it's in an ite position Cons: -me and my friend had over 220 bedbug bites combined. -played loud music every morning for no reason -staff didn't really do much but walk around each room for about an hour - no cleaning took place - no atmosphere what so ever - the entrance looks like a bomb site - staff don't really know what they're doing - staff barely speak English and are aggressive - free breakfast is non existent Ruined our experience in venice DONT come here!!!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was full of fleas, in the three bedrooms... I had to leave it at midnight !!!

Bed bugs. Had dry cereal for breakfast because they don't supply the milk, nothing else to eat other than biscuits. The person who was working obviously hadn't worked there for very long because she hardly knew anything and couldn't help with a lot. The wifi cuts out often for hours.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

BED BUGS INFECT EVERYTHING IN THIS HOSTEL! DO NOT STAY HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I talked to my friends after I stayed here and apparently they have had a bed bugs problem for over 6 years and REFUSE to fix it. This is the single most disgusting hostel that I have EVER stayed at. All positive reviews on this hostel are posted by the owner and are false. The owner was rude and yelled at customers when they asked for their money back. Cannot rate this hostel any lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7th Aug 2015

This hostel was by far the WORST hostel I've ever seen. Poor management, rude staffs, and bed bugs infestation. This place needs to be closed own

Not one to complain, but this is by far the worst hostel I've ever stayed. Do not stay here. The showers are cold, the doors are broken, and the staff are horrible. No care for the guests. The place is a bed bug infestation. They are in every bed and are crawling all over the walls. Our friend ended up staying In the same place six years ago and it was the same way. We tried to leave the last night and when we tried to get the last day refunded the staff denied everything and kicked us out.

No fish. Just bed bugs. Lost of them. Horrible. Dirty sheets too, look like urine or seaman stains...very smelly. Could be nice stay if they knew what is meaning of clean sheets and how to eliminate bed bug infestations!!!! But they don t have a clue....just see tourists as cash cows. MOO to you, stinky fish.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Frankly after reading reviews we weren't expecting it to be the ritz, however nothing could have prepared us for A Venice Fish. It is dirty- fasces all over the toilets. there is no lockers and door kept open all day. Reception is a room of junk. AND DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THE BED BUGS- friend was eaten alive, unbelievable scenes. Staff were rude and corrupt- denied they had bed bugs- we found a room full of bed bug spray. Door fell on me when showering and was so overpriced. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Information about this hostel on Hostelworld is not correct, breakfast is included (if the staff feels like it) and there is no lockout. I had a nice stay during my time in this hostel, met nice people, great location and nice staff, but the place is falling apart. Beds are horrible, and their bed bug problem is out of control, 3 nights gave me over 120 bites. Nothing that is broken in this hostel will get fixed and if they run out of something they will not refill it. It is run very badly.

Very dirty and many bed bugs. No toilet paper or hardwash in the bathrooms which also didn't have proper locks. No one enforced the quiet after midnight rule so there was very loud music until maybe two in the morning.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Without hot water to take a shower and very dirty the toilets, Good staffs

We had a terrible stay at the Venice fish. Worst hostel experience ever! Host was watching totally inappropriate movie (rated R, if you know what I mean) in the common room, and he entered our "room" every 15min speaking very loudly. The bathrooms were extremely dirty. Bunknown beds were falling apart. Storage room was a joke! Do not give this hostel a chance, you will regret it.

This Hostel is in a very poor state and ripping people off. You shouldn't have to pay for a place that is crawling wit bed bugs, no hot water, drunk and loud staff in a dirty building.

Bed bugs... When I arrived I was greeted by a lady that was staying at the hostel, and warned me about the bed bugs (her arms and legs were covered in bites). So for two nights I slept on wooden chairs and tables with other guests. The bathrooms are also kept in a terrible condition. The rooms have no air conditioning and the windows are kept open, meaning there were loads of Mosquitos. The place smelled and looked like a dump. I would not stay here again even if the location was great.

• 24th Jul 2015

i really couldn't enjoy my staying in there. it was so dirty. so loud all the time and so hot. they don't have a fan and we're in the summer!! except for the location everything was so bad.

Do not stay here. We can confirm the siting of bed bugs. The washrooms are not properly maintained and there are only two for the entire hostel. Lounging area is very dirty, couches are all torn up and the fans are all basically broken.

Staying in this place is really a nightmare for me!! There are only 2 bathrooms and they're so dirty! They limit the time as each customer has only 10 minutes. The worst is I found some bed bugs on my bed and I killed them and showed them to the so-called manager!! He told me that the bugs came from the windows and canals. I might get bite outside but not in the hostel. They even refused to refund me the medicines that I brought!!!! The manager watch the movie at night with a very high volume

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The beds were full of bedbugs. The lady was really nice but there was a man who works at night and he was screaming at us that we didn't pay. He threatened to call the police if we didn't give him an extra 130 euros. There were bugs in the bathroom.

The hostel is very well located, and the staff is happy and willing to help, the comun areas are very nice, but the hostel is dirty, the bathrooms are never clean, and the dorms really beed an air condition, if you're going on the summer it's not the best option

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5