A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

This hostel was so much fun! The only Things I didn't like is: it was very hard to find at first, and the hot water was non existent. Other than that the staff was great (nick was awesome!) and there were dinners every night. It was very social!

This place is perfect for young travellers. One of the guys, Nick, who runs the place, is one of the greatest people I've ever met. He offers a tour of the surrounding bars and is filled with endless stories. The hostel itself has a very chill, positive atmosphere about it. The kind that makes you feel like you're in a home away from home with a family of friendly strangers. The location is great, being only a 15 minute walk from both the train station and the Rialto bridge

Friendly staff and dinner made on site every night for a low fee. The only security between you and other travelers is the outside door. 12 bed dorm without any additional lockers for storage. One shower for everyone staying in the hostel

This Hostel was pretty awesome! But I will warn that it's probably a better place for younger travelers on a budget. The place is pretty old but adds to the history and character of the building. There are only two bathrooms which kind of sucks. Nick the manager is an cool guy makes family pasta dinners every night which is a must do if you're staying there, met lots of other travelers during those dinners. One of the friendliest hostels I've stayed at!!

Outside looks poor but inside looks good. It's worth of money to stay over there. The staff helped us a lot. overall good to stay there.. I felt more comfortable..

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • India

A Venice Fish was very nice - they provide reasonably priced meals and wine, and have a terrific veranda overlooking a square that is awesome for people-watching. We'd come back!

Enjoyed our stay there. The location is good plus the staffs were very helpful and friendly.

Very well located, very clean, with a friendly staff. The building is quite old, like everything in Venice, so I don`t take it as a negative thing. It`s a bit noisy, but I undertand people like having fun. The negative point is that there is no lockers in the roons, and you have to pay if you want to safe your stuff in storage roon.

Great young atmosphere and awesome staff, we met lots of cool people and had an awesome time. The location is awesome as well!

This hostel is great. It's nothing luxurious or super clean but it's better than you think when looking at it from outside. The location just can't be any better, it's right there, around everything you want to see in Venice. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is amazing too. The beds are ok, the toilets were as clean as they could get. The overall place has room for improvement but for the price you pay, it's worth it.

• 29th Mar 2015

This hostel is a great place to stay for solo travelers or anyone who would like to meet other young people in Venice! It is managed by a younger group of great people who are very welcoming and very fun. Although I never went out with the group, we all socialized in the common area for hours every night. The pasta dinner for 5 euros was fun to do with everyone and a great deal! Also, you can´t get a better location - so close to the train station! Would definitely recommend :)

Really friendly staff! Bathrooms were not cleaned very often. No lockers.

Location unreal! Perfect hostel for venice nice chill staff took us out to a (collage party byob)

Loved this hostel! The location was perfect, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. Beautiful view of the canal and street below. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The common room, nightly pasta dinner, and evening outings made it super easy to meet other travelers. The bathrooms and facilities were clean. Hot water was fleeting, but I've learned to expect that in hostels. Would definitely stay again.

The manager is from Wisconsin and is a butt head, I'm from America so not a prejudice thing, Everything in the place is broken, the only good thing about the place is Mia the receptionist everything else is junk: I made a bad mistake and gave this review about the Hostel One Snats in Barcelona and that is a very good place and the venicefish just smells like fish.

Such a fantastic location with awesome staff! It was a bit cold but other than that I could only say good things. I would definitely stay here again!

I wasn't sure what to expect, since this hostel doesn't have the bet reviews, but as soon as I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The place was pretty clean, I mean, it's an old Venetian building so of course the walls and ceiling don't look perfect, but the beds were all extremely clean and the bathroom was decently clean. Everyone there was super chill and down to earth and fun to be around, I had an awesome time meeting the staff and other guests. The value is excellent, Id stay again.

• 7th Mar 2015

The location and staff are the things that make this place alright. Easy to get to from the train station and close to main attractions. Staff are super welcoming and invite everyone out for drinks most nights. Can get noisy as all dorms surround the common room (and we can still hear you when you're hanging around outside!). The cleaning seems to be done by couch surfers who stay. The bathroom needs a good scrub! And charging for lockers and luggage storage is a joke. Don't expect a hot shower.

my stay here was absolutely lovely. I mean lots of wonderful people, the location was great, and the beds were comfy!

• 27th Feb 2015

Pro: The staff are a fun group of people and make the atmosphere very chill and relaxing. Also, location is fantastic! Con: There is no central heating so winter is freezing and miserable. I had to get 2 extra blankets to stay warm. The closing time to clean makes no sense since the bathrooms were never clean and I went 1 1/2 days without toilet paper. Also, the price was terrible since there were couch surfers staying for free as well as friends of the staff. Also no lockers for safety.

« first « Prev 1 2 3