A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

Loved this hostel! The location was perfect, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. Beautiful view of the canal and street below. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The common room, nightly pasta dinner, and evening outings made it super easy to meet other travelers. The bathrooms and facilities were clean. Hot water was fleeting, but I've learned to expect that in hostels. Would definitely stay again.

The manager is from Wisconsin and is a butt head, I'm from America so not a prejudice thing, Everything in the place is broken, the only good thing about the place is Mia the receptionist everything else is junk: I made a bad mistake and gave this review about the Hostel One Snats in Barcelona and that is a very good place and the venicefish just smells like fish.

Such a fantastic location with awesome staff! It was a bit cold but other than that I could only say good things. I would definitely stay here again!

I wasn't sure what to expect, since this hostel doesn't have the bet reviews, but as soon as I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The place was pretty clean, I mean, it's an old Venetian building so of course the walls and ceiling don't look perfect, but the beds were all extremely clean and the bathroom was decently clean. Everyone there was super chill and down to earth and fun to be around, I had an awesome time meeting the staff and other guests. The value is excellent, Id stay again.

• 7th Mar 2015

The location and staff are the things that make this place alright. Easy to get to from the train station and close to main attractions. Staff are super welcoming and invite everyone out for drinks most nights. Can get noisy as all dorms surround the common room (and we can still hear you when you're hanging around outside!). The cleaning seems to be done by couch surfers who stay. The bathroom needs a good scrub! And charging for lockers and luggage storage is a joke. Don't expect a hot shower.

my stay here was absolutely lovely. I mean lots of wonderful people, the location was great, and the beds were comfy!

• 27th Feb 2015

Pro: The staff are a fun group of people and make the atmosphere very chill and relaxing. Also, location is fantastic! Con: There is no central heating so winter is freezing and miserable. I had to get 2 extra blankets to stay warm. The closing time to clean makes no sense since the bathrooms were never clean and I went 1 1/2 days without toilet paper. Also, the price was terrible since there were couch surfers staying for free as well as friends of the staff. Also no lockers for safety.

Great location but dirty and cold as hell! The hostels only a few minutes from the main station / Rialto / Piazza San Marco. The building itself is pretty rundown, super cold at night. Heaters don't work and hot water last for about 5-10 seconds. Bathrooms were pretty nasty at times and the rooms are super basic. If cleanliness is important stay somewhere else. Yeah it's cheap, pretty central and has really friendly staff but that's about it. There are better options in the city!

Absolutely great atmosphere and you meet a lot of people with the pasta dinner. Nick is a great manager and looks for events for people to do after the dinner. There are 2 bathrooms / showers, so there can be a wait to either shower or use the bathroom. It's an old building, so the cleanliness is about average because there can be lots of people ,but otherwise the atmosphere is amazing and it's really easy to meet people.

hi .... I am so sorry to give you my negative comments on my staying in Venice fish....I spent 2 nights, and the place is not very clean, the toilet was a shame, 4 in the all hostel..... My bed almost destroyed.... not really confy, ....location great, but the price was too high compare with the o facilities.

• 13th Feb 2015

Both had a great stay at this hostel, it got a bit cold as the heating wasn't on though it was nice

Everything was great instead of: you have to pay 3€ just for leaving your backpack at the lugagge room when you check-out. Shower was broken. Everything else it's ok, perfect atmosphere and guys...

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Great hostel for young people, a very homely feel. 5€ pasta with lots of wine included. Staff are happy to help in anyway possible. Loved my stay

Brilliant, such a good location for its price. Cool easy going staff that know the city, beautiful old building and super relaxed.This is perfectly suited for the typical hostel traveller. If you want your own private space, impeccable facilities and a rooftop pool. Maybe look on a different website. This is Venice after all and it's awesome!

• 23rd Jan 2015

This was one of my favourite hostels during my trip. The staff were the best fun and would go way above and beyond all the time. If you're an easy going traveller and don't mind a party this is definetly your place.

• 22nd Jan 2015

A venice Fish was a great hostel to stay in. Really great people and fantastic location!!! There was no lockers but for me I did not find it to be a problem because everyone was very friendly and I did not worry about anyone in the hostel. Nick the guy running the place was very friendly and directed me to some really cool off the path kind of places where I was able to enjoy authentic Venetian life. I highly recommend A Venice Fish!

• 19th Jan 2015

İt is not like hostel. İt is only for sleeping. İts atmosphere is so energic and staff is so close. But it is cold for winter and if you have more money you can choose anothers but for one night it is ok. :)

I think this hostel is just for young people because there was a little noisy. The room was clean but ıt was cold. Otherwise, it was great ! :) the staff was helpful and crazy :)

We cant use the kitchen and sell the guests a pasta for 5 euros. The pasta isnt good.

Really nice hostel in the heart of Venice! The staff is really friendly and they really make you feel like home. There is pasta for dinner very cheap with wine included, really good! I recommend this hostel for sure!