A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

Staff were super friendly and the pasta and wine for 5 euros was incredible as well as a great way for everyone to sit and get to know each other. In a beautiful spot! Was worried about bed bugs from previous reviews but had no issues!

Bed bugs. Towels are not free as stated in the booking page.

The place definetly needs refurbishing, needs repairs, specially he bathrooms.. And a cleaner and more organized place is certainly expected

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Ecuador

BED BUGS! I would never recommend anyone staying at this hostel! The second morning I woke up COVERED in bites. I said something to the receptionist and he brushed it off. My third night I got up and checked my bed and there were bed bugs crawling in my sheets and on the walls of the beds! Also only two bathrooms to which are not very clean. Zero security for your things no locks on any door so anyone can have access to your room. To say I was disappointed in this hostel is a large understatemen

Cons: BED BUGS. I woke up COVERED in bites. Nick was great about it and let me cancel the rest of my reservation with a refund. They also have no lockers, no hand soap in the bathroom, and only me shower for everyone staying at the hostel. Keys to the hostel don't work most of the time. Cleaning lockout from 11 - 3. Pros: Nice location, super friendly staff, pasta dinner with wine for only €5 every night, comfy beds and a great atmosphere that really helps meet people.

• 25th Jun 2015

A great hostel with a good atmosphere. They do dinner and wine for 5 euros and the 2 workers, Jerome and Nick are a lot of fun, they'll take you out at night. Perfect location and views of the canal. However they do currently have a bed bug problem. I didn't get bit my whole stay but on the last day I found one crawling through my luggage when I was packing. They did however refund me for one night so I could pay for all my laundry to be done! If it weren't for bed bugs this would been perfect!

• 24th Jun 2015

It depends on what you are looking for for your hostel stay. Good location but dirty bathrooms and floors, and many broken things in this hostel. No ladders for bunk beds and I had no duvet like everyone else but had a random blanket to sleep with. Very loud and party atmosphere, if you need to actually rest not the best location. If you want to party however people play drinking games and go out together. No soap in bathrooms and broken shower in one. 5 euro dinners with wine are a great deal.

They have bed bugs..... Have bumps EVERYWHERE

Bed bugs and no hot water. Location is convenient walk from the train station though

My friend and I decided to stay here and it definitely exceeded our expectations! Perfect location and excellent staff! We both felt very comfortable and received the best customer service;)

• 18th Jun 2015

Bed bugs!!! My stay would have been great, especially with the current staff. That being said, bed bugs ruined my stay. Bits have been piping up everywhere!!! If I brought them to a home I am visiting I feel so horrible! It's a good place to stay, and (if not for the bed bugs) good value for your money. But if you stay here then check your mattress for signs of the pests. Hopefully the management has already taken care of the problem (but it's doubtful). Enjoy Venice!

This hostel is in a really great location right in the middle of Venice and has a good atmosphere in the evening and the staff are great as is the 5 euro pasta meals each night but it definitely has its downsides. There is only 2 bathrooms are and they are very average, shower head doesn't work, quite dirty, top bunk beds have no ladders to get to them and there are no lockers. For quite a pricey hostel it could use some work!

BED BUGS. I woke up with them crawling all over me and my bed and was bitten several times. The hostel was also very dirty and had no locks on rooms/no lockers. However, the location was very good at the staff was helpful.

Venice Fish was amazing, we had such an incredible time there. The staff was very inclusive and it allowed for an atmosphere that was truly open, fun and engaging. We met some very interesting and entertaining people. It definitely made my stay much more memorable. Thank you!

• 12th Jun 2015

Great location, good people, nice atmosphere. Unfortunately they have bed bugs:( bites have spoiled the experience, but the place is still recommended to those brave))

Other than the good location, there a few pleasant things I have to say about the Venice Fish. It is located close to the bus stop and train station and a short (20/30 minute) walk from most view points in Venice. We only interacted with one member of the staff who didn't know the answer to most of our questions (bus station locations, times, or provide a map). There were bugs rampant throughout common areas and rooms and I woke the next day covered in bed bug bites...would not recommend!

Two words, bed bugs....

the bed is not cleaning, room allocation is not reasonable, less number of bathroom, cos 25 people share for two bathrooms, poor wifi connection.

I had booked for two days but when i went back to the room in the evening after roaming around Venice, I found another person sleeping in my bed. That was unprofessional on behalf of the management. The people who stayed there respected privacy but it was just too much people at times. The evening music around 11 PM was not ok for me.. but this is a personal matter.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Norway

The location is perfect for those coming from S. Lucia train station, the hostel does not have a ''modern'' look like many hostels do but that's not really an issue. Staff members are nice but they don't inform when they go out at night, so that's pretty annoying, especially if you need something. Beds are comfortable, the living room is nice. Bathroom/shower room: no comment...! Not a fancy hostel but pretty nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4