A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

Only two bathrooms for the whole place but if you just time it right you never have to wait in line. The location was awesome and the instructions to it are helpful and the linens on the bed are changed every night. The staff were also helpful.

• 26th Sep 2015

It's a very old place with broken toilets. It needs a renovation. Only location was good. All the hostels I booked throughout my trip were exceptional but venice fish is not even close to good. I don't have any issues about the staff or cleanliness but the place is not good.

The beds and blankets are super short (I am 1,77m) and you sleep like in a hammock. The community room is nice and comfy and has a balcony right over a river. It's certainty not the best place in town but a cheap deal for a good location

Amazing setting, brilliant atmosphere, the best hostel that you‘ll find in venice for a half decent price. (only took cash, but there are atms) Security was a bit iffy, door unlocked 24/7, but that was ok, we had no issues. Would go back again

It's not very fancy but it's a good hostel, good location and the staff is very friendly!! I feel in family there. Very good wifi

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Chile

DO NOT BOOK! BED BUGS! I spent one night here I am covered with itching welts. The hostel did refund the people who could show that they had bites, but that doesn't really change that fact that I am now in continual discomfort and had to launder and disinfect everything that I brought on my trip with me. Do not book this hostel in the next few weeks, let them sort this issue out! Location is incredible, but the rest of the hostel is bad. No security whatsoever, open doors, no keys, few lockers.

Very cute hostel surrounding by water with its bridge entrance! and there is a gondola stop in front of it, you can sit in the balcony and watch people taking gondola rides. So the atmosphere is really good! Staff was very friendly, we made a mistake about the date while making the reservation but she didn't make any trouble and fixed it rightaway. Location is quite good(in the main island, walking distance to train station). Hostel could be cleaner but i guess it is ok for a short stay.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

Great location but nothing to write home about otherwise. Stayed as a last minute booking.

Good location. Hostel feel but don't stay here if you're put off by the few odd stray hairs in the bathroom, or many! Free breakfast very minimal.

This is literally the worst hostel I've ever stayed. It was so bad that I kind of wish I had stayed anywhere else. The place is gross, not like rebel teenager gross, but like you'll get a disease kind of gross. I can say this for the first time in my life: I hope I don't have bedbugs or lice. Do you want to save Money in Venice? Do not save it in accommodation. You will regret it. Most of the staff is consistently rude. There is no security whatsoever. DO NOT STAY HERE.

This hostel is awful. No security, no locks for stuff, dirty every, no washer, coco puffs for breakfast, mold and slime in the shower. They were so rude to us when we showed up and ignored us for an hour. It took us an hour to check in. We showed up tonight will all our stuff in the common room. They didn't check to see that we reserved or paid for four nights the just assumed three. They were even rude when I proved their very big mistake. The facilitues are very very poor.

Wifi went down at one point and it seemed like anyone could walk in at any time. Other than that, I absolutely loved this place and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Bathroom floors always wet/dirty, plus the hot water ran out after just a few minutes in the shower. The doors never fully closed or locked in the front of the hostel

The youth hostel was well situated and provided an interesting atmosphere. It was rather dirty so don't go if you are expecting more than a well situated bed to sleep on.

the only good thing I have to say is the location is awesome. It was the only hostel I could find that is on the main island which is why I booked it. But its also the dirtiest hostel I've ever seen. When you walk into the unlocked door (always unlocked) you basically walked into a scene from the movie Saw. It was creepy. upstairs is in the rooms and receptions and it is dirty and disgusting. Probably haven't washed the sheets..ever. if you can suck it up, the location is worth it. Just beware.

The worst Hostel I have ever stayed. Bad smell, bad and dirty rooms. The people of the administration its very unpolity. It doesnt worth it to stay even one night there. My final advice: find other hostel to spend time in Venice, even if it is out of the island.

I wasn't very pleased to stay here beyond the location and a few friendly people I was very uncomfortable.

We had bed bucks during our stay and haven't dared to have a shower because the bathroom was too dirty. You should clean your hostel up, that could become a good place to stay. The idea of a living room in the middle of the apartment is really good and creates an atmosphere that I liked. The workers are nice too. But everything was bad because of the bed bucks and the dirt. We hadn't a good impression when we leaved the hostel and we even regretted we stayed there.

Pros: -it's in an ite position Cons: -me and my friend had over 220 bedbug bites combined. -played loud music every morning for no reason -staff didn't really do much but walk around each room for about an hour - no cleaning took place - no atmosphere what so ever - the entrance looks like a bomb site - staff don't really know what they're doing - staff barely speak English and are aggressive - free breakfast is non existent Ruined our experience in venice DONT come here!!!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was full of fleas, in the three bedrooms... I had to leave it at midnight !!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5