A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

I had come the first night in hopes of something at least worth my money at a value of 40-45 euros per night. When shown to my bed, the mattress and bed springs almost touched the floor below me when I sat in it and the pillow was thin as a towel. The next morning, though, I awoke to the Police raiding the place. Apparently it had been operating illegally due to a closure in the past for fleas- never mentioned on the site. Disgusting place. NEVER come here even as a last resort.

• 6th Feb 2016

The staff tried to make me pay for them when i had booked my accommodation for. The beds are saggy, there is no lockers available, all the floors and falls need repainting as its all coming off. There was mould growing on the shower doors while you had to spend your whole luke warm shower holding the head as it was broken. No towels provided as stated. As a whole i would pay a little bit more money for a higher quality hostel.

• 5th Feb 2016

The hostel did not have many people staying in it however I had an amazing time. The woman in charge was so nice and even made me dinner one night! She was friendly and took me out to see Venice at night!

• 3rd Jan 2016

I had a nice stay there. The staff was always helpful. There was some kind of white dust on the floor of my room and the bathroom wasn't top-notch clean, but that was it. The bed was the kind the curves with your weight, but I only stayed for one night and didn't notice any pain afterwards. Overall I don't really have anything to complain about, only compliment. Especially the staff.

Generally our stay was very pleasant, my only issue was with the cleanliness. The bathrooms were the most unclean, they often smelled and the basins were quite disgusting. They were all 'cleaned' once a day, but it seemed more of a surface clean - nothing very thorough. Also, the amount of times we ran out of toilet paper was more than frustrating.

• 29th Oct 2015

Good location, but that's about it. Super dirty floors, one bathroom for the entire hostel, workers spoke almost no English. The beds could collapse at any second

• 27th Oct 2015

It was in a great location! There are no other hostels or hotels in the price range within venice. However the bathrooms are really terrible and the beds are not comfortable. However saying this, its location is perfect compared to other places and the workers were very kind.

Friendly atmosphere, great location

• 24th Oct 2015

Easy to find, but facilities were not as nice as expected. Top bunks were broken and sunk low like hammocks, and floors were dirty. The bathrooms were not well kept, and I did not even shower while there. The wifi is nice to have, but often slow. Breakfast in the morning was toast and cereal, and some coffee. The staff was not very friendly, nor attentive to the guests who arrived.

• 22nd Oct 2015

I was pretty hesitant about the hostel after reading reviews but it seems like they're really working on it. Security was pretty tight (key entrance only and lock room for luggage). From growing up on an island I can tell you that Insects are usually abundant when you're near the water, especially in warm weather (referencing past reviews). Venice is on the water so be mindful. Wish they had a kitchen or at least a microwave. It's a decent deal when you factor in location. I enjoyed my stay.

Locaition is good but bathrooms are realy dirty and there is no soab. Bunk- beds are slmost broken theye are crayz swinging..Staffs are nice but breakfast is realy bad..

I tried twice, to cancel through the hostel and never got a response. Since I am able to write a review, I assume they never canceled my reservation and I will be charged. Not pleased. We didn't stay here but it is unprofessional not to respond to emails.

it's a nice hostel with a comfortable comon area everything was nice during my stay there i would recomend to the staff to do something with the room in the ground floor might cause a firts bad impresion! anything else was good.

I had a long day when I had arrived at Venice Fish, they woman who ran the place was so sweet, made me tea. Though the next day they ran out of toilet paper when I had asked one of the staff members if there was more they all shrugged and shook their heads no one thought of running to the pharmacy to get more? Thank goodness I had packed tissues!!

Had a lot of potential just needed some tlc

Only two bathrooms for the whole place but if you just time it right you never have to wait in line. The location was awesome and the instructions to it are helpful and the linens on the bed are changed every night. The staff were also helpful.

• 26th Sep 2015

It's a very old place with broken toilets. It needs a renovation. Only location was good. All the hostels I booked throughout my trip were exceptional but venice fish is not even close to good. I don't have any issues about the staff or cleanliness but the place is not good.

The beds and blankets are super short (I am 1,77m) and you sleep like in a hammock. The community room is nice and comfy and has a balcony right over a river. It's certainty not the best place in town but a cheap deal for a good location

Amazing setting, brilliant atmosphere, the best hostel that you‘ll find in venice for a half decent price. (only took cash, but there are atms) Security was a bit iffy, door unlocked 24/7, but that was ok, we had no issues. Would go back again

It's not very fancy but it's a good hostel, good location and the staff is very friendly!! I feel in family there. Very good wifi

• 21st Sep 2015