A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

I really like this place .staff is amazing. There is no bedbug.u should try

This hostel just made you feel so welcome and good. The atmosphere was awesome, drinking, chatting, 5 Euro dinner on Fridays and Saturdays. Helpful guides and suggestions for visiting. Guys were really awesome. If you are likely to go to bed before 12am, I would suggest asking for a room around the back where it is very sound proof from the shenanigans occurring in the lounge. P.s. the beds might be a bit shaky but they are the most comfortable things I ever slept on.

One of my favorite hostels I have stayed at! Staff was friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was very welcoming and everyone was pretty chill and laidback. In a good location, everything is within walking distance.

Such a good hostel!!!! We had the best time here, so much fun with everyone and such a good spot! Definitely would go back! Miss you all already xox

Awesome little hostel. Great for sociable types as many evenings can turn into group outings to local bars/restaurants. Nick and his assistant (Tiffany), who ran the place while I was there, were great hosts to everyone staying at the hostel and know tonnes about venice and where to find whatever you might be looking for. For those who are less sociable: still a good call based on their rates.

• 13th Nov 2014

its nt easy to find,no hot shower no free breakfast no free map,even no 24hrs reception n no printer to help u print train tickets,taxes nt inclued,all lies. n they hv bed bugs,they dun change the linen after used... so dirty,n only 1 toilet/shower room for all ppl,the shower head is broken..n there r v noisy,ppl play music n party all night long in the sittin room/so called reception(its a big table)..n they hv only one computer thats the reception...

I couldn't even consider to stay in that place when we got there... Went inside and both... From outside and from the inside the place is disgusting... Dirty... After that I searched on Internet and the reviews are incredibly bad...

Be aware of this Hostel: they have bed-bugs! Terrible experience. It is managed by hippies, who realy don't care about hygiene.

Good community feeling! However, there was definitely a case of bedbugs during my stay.

Staff was extremely helpful and fun. Pasta dinner every night for 5euro plus a staff led games and tour of town bars really helps you get to know people. Facilities very shabby and a few cases of bed bugs were reported (luckily I did not get any)

Lots of mosquito Really dirty. terrible experience

Definitely it is not a good hostel... the staff was very very friendly and the atmosphere with the other visitors was great just because of this I will come back there.

I was very disappointed with this place. It was in a good location but the interior was severely lacking. They have about 30 beds and ONLY TWO BATHROOMS!!! Half the lights didn't work and I was stuffed away in a room, where I have to walk through other rooms to get to. It was a good 'party' atmosphere.. But it lacked the comfort and cleanliness of everywhere else I have stayed. I was disappointed.

The staffs are nice and cool But the toilets are not not not enough!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

What a great hostel nick Louis and George were fantastic hosts great nights out and the 5 euro dinner and wine was great value for money met lots of nice people here great view aswell best place to in venice. Sean c Ireland

I enjoyed how open the hostel was with how nice the staff and fellow travelers were! The only thing I didn't care for was the last night I was bitten by bed bugs pretty badly, but that was on the 3rd day there. Other than that, they have a good cheap dinner, go out for drinks, and its a chill place to stay! The only thing some people would mind is that there are only two toilets/showers facilities for the whole hostel, but I didn't mind.

By far one of the most sociable hostels I have stayed in. The staff made me feel welcome, offered an excellent pasta evening meal (and wine) for €5,50 and took the guests out for a drink every evening. Always offered helpful advice and useful information e.g. Places to visit, eat and drink. I would definitely stay at this hostel if I visit Venice again - I had a lot of fun!

• 6th Aug 2014

Bed bugs. That's all. I ended up at a clinic my bites were so bad, and the staff have me a refund but did nothing to fix the problem, there is still a terrible infestation.

Downside: No breakfast, no kitchen, unlocked door. Perks: free wifi. location was good, five euro pasta dinner rocked, great dinner table for people to chat at while they eat, free to use washer but no dryer. Though the staff was really accommodating and cooperative about it, I have to mention that this hostel had a serious bed bug infestation when I was there. They did refund me fully even for the nights I stayed, and it isn't their fault, but it was a problem that needs to be taken care of.

Not enough showers for a hostel of its size. But is otherwise a good, if overpriced, hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3