A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

Brilliant, such a good location for its price. Cool easy going staff that know the city, beautiful old building and super relaxed.This is perfectly suited for the typical hostel traveller. If you want your own private space, impeccable facilities and a rooftop pool. Maybe look on a different website. This is Venice after all and it's awesome!

• 23rd Jan 2015

I think this hostel is just for young people because there was a little noisy. The room was clean but ıt was cold. Otherwise, it was great ! :) the staff was helpful and crazy :)

We cant use the kitchen and sell the guests a pasta for 5 euros. The pasta isnt good.

• 16th Jan 2015

Really nice hostel in the heart of Venice! The staff is really friendly and they really make you feel like home. There is pasta for dinner very cheap with wine included, really good! I recommend this hostel for sure!

This hostel is terrible. When I arrived there have no reception. Openning time is 9am but staff sleep until afternoon. And this hostel very very cold. And in the night staff and his friend played so long time, made a big noise. Just terrible.

It was good for you if you need to save money. I am a backpacker so it's pretty nice to me. But it's cold in the common area and no kitchen provide for the guest. The position is really good to you start your trip in Venice.

This hostel is more suited for younger travellers who don't mind filth or noises. Blanket smelled horrible. No heating which made it quite impossible to sleep.

This place is rough around the edges and isn't as clean as some but has an amazing set up with a big central room. Very easy to meet other travelers and the staff are awesome. If you are looking to meet people and have a good time this is a brilliant hostel. It was very cold, but it was January

We were expecting the worst when we got there because of all of the terrible reviews, but The Fish was rad! It's definitely no 5 star hotel but it's a place to sleep in the heart of Venice with some cool people running it. They have a fun little common area where you can hang out and listen to music, store your stuff in the fridge and cook food in a microwave. They also have free wifi. The only thing was that the heaters don't work so it was pretty chilly at night. Definitely no bed bugs though.

1. I could not paid with credit card because they just receive cash. They must tell the customers they will only accept cash. How did they debit the reservation? 2. The room has only old beds and without calefaction. 3. The only thing was good it was they did not charge for using lockers but you have to bring your own lock.

Excellent location, but the water was from warm to freezing cold. The rooms weren't good looking, and the kitchen utilities were very poor and dirty. The staff was very good, though.

The location was good, I had a good time there. The only inconvenience was the shower, because the sink was clogged, but it can be easily fixed, I just point it out so that the staff pays more attention to these details.

The hostel was well placed but the rooms had really bad smell as well as the linen. Also, it was realy annoying to have to wait for the recepcionist to wake up until more than 11 am because he was sleeping. That was disrespectfull. If you are a tourist you want to take advantage of all the time that you have and it is not possible to wake up early and have to wait for the luggage room or to give back the keys. All the guests had the same problem and were annoyed.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Peru

No place to lock bag or small valuables. Nice common area and community vibe.

The staff and the atmosphere were good, there were a lot of travelers to talk, share experiences or even go out for a beer or a dance club. But the hostel is very dirty, very very dirty. The sheets and the beds were ok, but in general the hostel wasn't clean at all. I didn't spend a lot of time in the hostel but I didn't see anyone who was supposed to clean it, mainly the bathrooms. I hope the staff will improve it because they were cool, the location is great and it's a nice place.

• 18th Dec 2014

I really like this place .staff is amazing. There is no bedbug.u should try

This hostel just made you feel so welcome and good. The atmosphere was awesome, drinking, chatting, 5 Euro dinner on Fridays and Saturdays. Helpful guides and suggestions for visiting. Guys were really awesome. If you are likely to go to bed before 12am, I would suggest asking for a room around the back where it is very sound proof from the shenanigans occurring in the lounge. P.s. the beds might be a bit shaky but they are the most comfortable things I ever slept on.

There was a lot of issues when we we're here that we're totally out of the staffs hands. No hot water and no heater to say the big ones. Management helped us out as much as they could but owners need to upgrade a lot before we'd ever come back. If you need to stay there it is in a really good location.

One of my favorite hostels I have stayed at! Staff was friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was very welcoming and everyone was pretty chill and laidback. In a good location, everything is within walking distance.

Such a good hostel!!!! We had the best time here, so much fun with everyone and such a good spot! Definitely would go back! Miss you all already xox

« first « Prev 1 2 3