A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

The hostel was well placed but the rooms had really bad smell as well as the linen. Also, it was realy annoying to have to wait for the recepcionist to wake up until more than 11 am because he was sleeping. That was disrespectfull. If you are a tourist you want to take advantage of all the time that you have and it is not possible to wake up early and have to wait for the luggage room or to give back the keys. All the guests had the same problem and were annoyed.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Peru

No place to lock bag or small valuables. Nice common area and community vibe.

The staff and the atmosphere were good, there were a lot of travelers to talk, share experiences or even go out for a beer or a dance club. But the hostel is very dirty, very very dirty. The sheets and the beds were ok, but in general the hostel wasn't clean at all. I didn't spend a lot of time in the hostel but I didn't see anyone who was supposed to clean it, mainly the bathrooms. I hope the staff will improve it because they were cool, the location is great and it's a nice place.

• 18th Dec 2014

I really like this place .staff is amazing. There is no bedbug.u should try

This hostel just made you feel so welcome and good. The atmosphere was awesome, drinking, chatting, 5 Euro dinner on Fridays and Saturdays. Helpful guides and suggestions for visiting. Guys were really awesome. If you are likely to go to bed before 12am, I would suggest asking for a room around the back where it is very sound proof from the shenanigans occurring in the lounge. P.s. the beds might be a bit shaky but they are the most comfortable things I ever slept on.

There was a lot of issues when we we're here that we're totally out of the staffs hands. No hot water and no heater to say the big ones. Management helped us out as much as they could but owners need to upgrade a lot before we'd ever come back. If you need to stay there it is in a really good location.

One of my favorite hostels I have stayed at! Staff was friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was very welcoming and everyone was pretty chill and laidback. In a good location, everything is within walking distance.

Such a good hostel!!!! We had the best time here, so much fun with everyone and such a good spot! Definitely would go back! Miss you all already xox

Awesome little hostel. Great for sociable types as many evenings can turn into group outings to local bars/restaurants. Nick and his assistant (Tiffany), who ran the place while I was there, were great hosts to everyone staying at the hostel and know tonnes about venice and where to find whatever you might be looking for. For those who are less sociable: still a good call based on their rates.

• 13th Nov 2014

its nt easy to find,no hot shower no free breakfast no free map,even no 24hrs reception n no printer to help u print train tickets,taxes nt inclued,all lies. n they hv bed bugs,they dun change the linen after used... so dirty,n only 1 toilet/shower room for all ppl,the shower head is broken..n there r v noisy,ppl play music n party all night long in the sittin room/so called reception(its a big table)..n they hv only one computer thats the reception...

I couldn't even consider to stay in that place when we got there... Went inside and both... From outside and from the inside the place is disgusting... Dirty... After that I searched on Internet and the reviews are incredibly bad...

Be aware of this Hostel: they have bed-bugs! Terrible experience. It is managed by hippies, who realy don't care about hygiene.

Good community feeling! However, there was definitely a case of bedbugs during my stay.

Staff was extremely helpful and fun. Pasta dinner every night for 5euro plus a staff led games and tour of town bars really helps you get to know people. Facilities very shabby and a few cases of bed bugs were reported (luckily I did not get any)

Lots of mosquito Really dirty. terrible experience

1 2 Next » last »