A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

my stay here was absolutely lovely. I mean lots of wonderful people, the location was great, and the beds were comfy!

• 27th Feb 2015

Pro: The staff are a fun group of people and make the atmosphere very chill and relaxing. Also, location is fantastic! Con: There is no central heating so winter is freezing and miserable. I had to get 2 extra blankets to stay warm. The closing time to clean makes no sense since the bathrooms were never clean and I went 1 1/2 days without toilet paper. Also, the price was terrible since there were couch surfers staying for free as well as friends of the staff. Also no lockers for safety.

Great location but dirty and cold as hell! The hostels only a few minutes from the main station / Rialto / Piazza San Marco. The building itself is pretty rundown, super cold at night. Heaters don't work and hot water last for about 5-10 seconds. Bathrooms were pretty nasty at times and the rooms are super basic. If cleanliness is important stay somewhere else. Yeah it's cheap, pretty central and has really friendly staff but that's about it. There are better options in the city!

Absolutely great atmosphere and you meet a lot of people with the pasta dinner. Nick is a great manager and looks for events for people to do after the dinner. There are 2 bathrooms / showers, so there can be a wait to either shower or use the bathroom. It's an old building, so the cleanliness is about average because there can be lots of people ,but otherwise the atmosphere is amazing and it's really easy to meet people.

hi .... I am so sorry to give you my negative comments on my staying in Venice fish....I spent 2 nights, and the place is not very clean, the toilet was a shame, 4 in the all hostel..... My bed almost destroyed.... not really confy, ....location great, but the price was too high compare with the o facilities.

• 13th Feb 2015

Both had a great stay at this hostel, it got a bit cold as the heating wasn't on though it was nice

Everything was great instead of: you have to pay 3€ just for leaving your backpack at the lugagge room when you check-out. Shower was broken. Everything else it's ok, perfect atmosphere and guys...

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Great hostel for young people, a very homely feel. 5€ pasta with lots of wine included. Staff are happy to help in anyway possible. Loved my stay

Brilliant, such a good location for its price. Cool easy going staff that know the city, beautiful old building and super relaxed.This is perfectly suited for the typical hostel traveller. If you want your own private space, impeccable facilities and a rooftop pool. Maybe look on a different website. This is Venice after all and it's awesome!

• 23rd Jan 2015

This was one of my favourite hostels during my trip. The staff were the best fun and would go way above and beyond all the time. If you're an easy going traveller and don't mind a party this is definetly your place.

• 22nd Jan 2015

A venice Fish was a great hostel to stay in. Really great people and fantastic location!!! There was no lockers but for me I did not find it to be a problem because everyone was very friendly and I did not worry about anyone in the hostel. Nick the guy running the place was very friendly and directed me to some really cool off the path kind of places where I was able to enjoy authentic Venetian life. I highly recommend A Venice Fish!

• 19th Jan 2015

İt is not like hostel. İt is only for sleeping. İts atmosphere is so energic and staff is so close. But it is cold for winter and if you have more money you can choose anothers but for one night it is ok. :)

I think this hostel is just for young people because there was a little noisy. The room was clean but ıt was cold. Otherwise, it was great ! :) the staff was helpful and crazy :)

We cant use the kitchen and sell the guests a pasta for 5 euros. The pasta isnt good.

Really nice hostel in the heart of Venice! The staff is really friendly and they really make you feel like home. There is pasta for dinner very cheap with wine included, really good! I recommend this hostel for sure!

This hostel is terrible. When I arrived there have no reception. Openning time is 9am but staff sleep until afternoon. And this hostel very very cold. And in the night staff and his friend played so long time, made a big noise. Just terrible.

Some young guys are running there. Great atmosphere but too bad for getting rest(too much noise after midnight 00:00).

It was good for you if you need to save money. I am a backpacker so it's pretty nice to me. But it's cold in the common area and no kitchen provide for the guest. The position is really good to you start your trip in Venice.

This informal home type feel with really friendly staff is the type of place I go for. Really well located and easy to find, was super easy to meet other cool travellers, the staff was awesome and had great suggestions of places to go. Everything was great except one thing: there was no heat! It was the middle of the winter with absolutely no heat source and paper thin windows. It was so cold I could see my breath. The staff said the heat turns on at 10 and it never did. This is unacceptable.

This hostel is more suited for younger travellers who don't mind filth or noises. Blanket smelled horrible. No heating which made it quite impossible to sleep.