A Venice Fish Reviews

Campo de la Maddalena, Cannaregio 2205, Venice, Italy

The hostel is Very close to the trainstation and st marco. The people who work there gave good advice about where you can eat,drink and go out. They offer dinner for 5 euro incl wine. They go out with you or go to the beach with you. i have met really nice people, i had a good time. its basic but the ambiance is very good.

• 19th May 2014

Worst hostel experience of my life. I have never stayed in a more filthy or disorganized place in all of Europe. No hot water and the shower heads don't work! Wifi unreliable. Dirty floors, bathrooms and kitchen everywhere you step. Security terrible, front door did not properly lock & for the first 2 days they didn't have a key for guests. I've been traveling since January & do not have high expectation for hostels, especially on a student budget, but this was unbearable

It was okay but needed massive renovations! Only two bathrooms for the entire hostel is crazy. I didn't find it very clean. However, location was good, communal dinner was nice, and staff was more or less good. Probably wouldn't personally go back but for two nights, it was fine! Also no security for any personal belongings!

• 14th May 2014

Great location! Facilities were fine. Nothing special but still comfortable and the staff were chill. 5 euro all you can eat pasta dinner was bangin. Wifi worked well. Close to grocery store all the sights. Place could def use some lockers, they have room, and better door security which seems to be a free for all during the day. Also only two bathrooms which does cause a line in am. But really for the price your not gonna get any better!

everything is terrible, I wish I read comments before going. Dont go there again, there is no cleanliness, when you enter the hostel you can see that the house like a ruined asylum. there is no hospitability. even the sheets didnt wash!!!!

• 12th May 2014
  • Turkey

Loved this hostel! Amazing staff, fantastic group dinners for only 5 euros - great way to meet other travellers staying there. They were often playing cool music in the common room making for a really chill vibe and atmosphere, good common room for meeting people and a nice little balcony as well. Definitely had an awesome time here and would recommend. Only two bathrooms but wasn't much of a problem. Super fun, local staff will sometimes take a group out to good bars for nightlife!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in 12mths of travels, rad common room and 5euro dinner with wine to get everyone involved, they sell super cheap beers or the supermarket is just down the road, which is great for solo travelers. Awesome location right in the heart of Venice with a nice balcony to look out over all the tourists, really helpful staff, Nick took us out each night to chill at the local bars. People on here complain about about 2 bathrooms etc…. dude you're in hostel

Great staff, best hostel I've stayed at thus far.

nice staff. It is just like teenage club

Very appreciate that the hostel locates Very near the Railway station and the bus terminal where also airport buses run. Found the Venetian ghetto is also near there. It is interesting for me as a historical spot.

Though I don't like Venice that much coz loads of tourists made me so annoying, I couldn't even see what I wanna see in those valuable museums But I do enjoy my stay, because I can chill with any one in the hostel, everyone is really nice. Stuff are awesome, helpful and talkative. And Nick took us to a quite Italian type pub that I never experienced in my whole life

• 5th May 2014
  • China

I would stay here again! It isn't the cleanest and there aren't lockers in the rooms, but it has a great location and the staff is awesome.

Really cool hostel, transformed from what seemed to be an old Venice house. Reasonably priced for this city. Would recommend!

Very like friendly center money good

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Vietnam

Very central. I stayed in a six person room with bunkbeds. Very simple living, but I just needed a place to sleep. There is a common space where people play guitars and sing in the evenings if they want, free wifi, caring and attentive staff, only 2 bathrooms made it a little hard to find the time to shower, not too noisy. Highly recommend.

very nice staff! I love them!

There are two bathrooms for 20 people...so, if the toilet paper wasn't out, or one of the showers wasn't broken, or if the toilet wasn't leaking all over the floor, or the shower door wasn't breaking, then you were able to get your business done without waiting forever or feeling disgusted. For those of you who have been to several hostels you know when the hosts are in it purely for business/$/€ and those who happen to be making $/€ from something they enjoy. This hostel happens is the forme

Good, clean hostel. Easy to find from the train station. Only downside is that there are no personal lockers provided. Plus for me was that a local grocery store discount card comes with the room key!

Only two bathrooms is really not enough. And two bedrooms are connected - you have to walk through others' room to enter your own room... But the staff there are very good.

Seriously comfortable beds!!! Great staff, greater atmosphere. Had a great time!!

• 31st Mar 2014