A Vigna Du Raffa Reviews

Via San Martino, 6, Monterosso al Mare, Cinque Terre, Italy

Fantastically clean. Small room but all that was required when one is walking the CInque Terre Bathroom shared and some distance from the room but spotlessly clean was my only criticism. Close to restaurants and the station was a 5 minute walk away. DIego the owner was a great host.

• 19th Jul 2014

Staying here was like staying in a little piece of paradise. Not only is Monterosso one of the most amazing towns on the planet, but A Vigna du Raffa was pretty much the perfect place to call your beach home for however long you're there (my 2 nights wasn't nearly long enough!). The common area courtyard is beautiful, complete with a canopy of grape vines and the single bungalows are great for the backpacker or lone traveler. Diego is one of the coolest guys ever! I'm definitely coming back!

An excellent place to stay. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

The hostel doesn't provide locker, so it could be unsafe. There was this one guy who didn't check in when he arrived (the staff wasn't in); he just came in, picked a bed himself and slept for one night. It has insufficient bathroom too, people always have to wait to use a bathroom. But it has a well equipped and big kitchen; that helps to save up money if you cook.

Really charming guesthouse with very friendly and careful staff, perfect location in quiet place close to beach and train station. The single room is small but very clear. Very nice place to stay in Cinque Terre, mille grazie a Diego ed Ilaria !!

A lovely place perfect for our family of four. The flat was very clean, well organized, and had everything we needed for our stay. The outdoor patio area is an added bonus, great area to enjoy wine with friends and dine al fresco. Diego was quite cheerful and a helpful host. I would definitely recommend A Vigna Du Raffa for the perfect accommodation in Monterosso.

• 28th Jun 2014

Monterosso is the best village out of the 5 In Monterosso to stay in I feel. Best beaches and most facilities. This boutique hostel has 2 small room plus an apartment. All separated by a central courtyard. Step out and you're in the village. Diego and his assistant were friendly and helpful.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Such a great place! We loved our stay in Monterosso and especially your apartment! We'd love to come back some day.

Staff were very friendly and provided a very calming place to stay. Everything was beyond my expectations. Very easy to find from train station and close to all facilities and local beach Rooms and pergola area very clean, able to enjoy a picnic under shade of grapevine. Made a great start to my extended holiday.

We had the most amazing time in Cinque Terre while staying at A Vigna Du Raffa. The owner and other staff were informative about the hiking trails, boat rides, beach options and where to get great food for fair prices while visiting beautiful Monterosso. The room we stayed in we clean and spacious for our group. The relaxing court yard was private with spectacular flowers and an overhead grape vine that kept the space cool in the hot day sun. Without we will stay here again. We can't wait!

First I want to thank the lady who escort me to the hostel and she is a very kind and helpful to me. The man Diego is not so friendly. The underground single room is quite humid and facing to the patio. You cannot open the window because it is facing to the patio. One night I was woke up at 3 AM because the people in the apartment had their gathering at the patio at that time, talking loudily. I have to completly close the window. They just talked next to you.

We were really impressed. Diego and his lovely assistant were very welcoming and Diego was particularly helpful in offering us information on the local area. Location is perfect for mixing a break with walking, beach and shopping ....and enjoying wonderful food ! A great place.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Zimbabwe
  • All Female Group, 41+

The owner, Diego, was excellent! He is a very cool guy, and was very attentive and responsive to the needs or questions that we had while staying in his place. The actual room was very clean, functional, and new. Everything in the room looked and felt brand new which made our stay very comfortable. I highly recommend this place. It made our stay in Cinque Terre excellent. Thanks Diego!

Perfect location, room was perfect as I only needed it as a place to sleep. Very clean. Ilaria and Diego were very helpful.

I thought this hostel was just average. I felt very uninformed of the hostel in general. I believe this might be out of the ordinary as I was not checked in by Diego. I was staying in a private room, separate of the main house and was not shown anything besides my room and therefore felt unclear what else I had access to. It is a small hostel so I was unsure if the main house was private or for everyone. That being said, Diego came and introduced himself on my 2nd day which was very thoughful.

Was a bit noisy the first night. Would be good if there was a bin in the courtyard to put recyclable stuff in. Came back to find the gate open once or twice.

A perfect experience. Thank you!

• 13th May 2014

We were a family of 6 so the apartment was small but comfortable and very clean. Diego was enthusiastic and eager to tell us about the Cinque Terre area. We highly recommend this hostel.

• 11th May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A lovely and clean room, good location, not far from train station and not hard to find.

My friends and I had an amazing time at A Vigna Du Raffa. Diego was extremely welcoming and takes excellent care of the rooms. The entire facility was very clean and cozy, and the linens and towels were spotless. Our room had a strong wifi signal, and while we were there Diego was installing a new wifi system so that the other rooms could access the internet.

• 1st May 2014