A Wild Elephants Hostel Reviews

Frantiskanske namestie 8, Bratislava, Slovakia

Very basic facilities, and small, but for a short stay it was just fine. Smaller hostels are better anyways. Staff was super chill and very friendly. Made you feel at home. Overall, good stay here!

Our stay was fine in wild elephant. Staff was great, there were showers, lockers, a bed to sleep on and a place to cook but it went only that far. Some lockers had loose back panels, our bottom bunk was on a pallet board, everything was dirty, no place to charge devices in the rooms and poor wifi only feet away from lobby. I strongly suggest the wild elephant get hooks in their bathrooms and a sign in front of their building. IMPOSSIBLE to know its a hostel outside. Wouldn't recommend.

This place had everything you need. Don't let the exterior confuse you. I had the pleasure of meeting some of the lovliest people of my trip in this hostel. And they all worked at the hostel! The owner personally lent my his bicycle, some of the staff made me dinner one night and I made theirs the next. The location is right in the town sqaure. Of and did I mention the staff took me out for beers? I extended my stay for a reason. Great hostel. don't expect super clean and super quiet. Expect fun

You guys were great fun. It was a pleasure meeting you all you were so helpful and accommodating. Keep up the good work and cool, relaxed atmosphere of the hostel. I really enjoyed my stay and met some very cool and interesting people.

It's backpackers like you, why we love our job and that keep us going !! Thank you

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The staff is amazing. We even went out for beers together and had a great time. Recommended!

Could not have had a better time in Bratislava with Jacob and the rest of the Wild Elephants crew. Spent the night on a pub crawl with the staff and other travelers and loved the hostel's friendly atmosphere. If/when I go back to Bratislava, this is the only place I would stay at.

Excellent location, friendly staff, large rooms and the tallest bunk beds I've ever seen! Walking distance from everywhere, met some great people in this hostel.

I was intrigued by a huge Sun of May drawn on the walls by a crazy Argentine; a must-see really! A master piece

Hard to find hostels with an atmosphere like this. Everyone who works there is super cool (most of the staff are volunteers), and they provide you with lots of opportunities to go out and explore the city. Bratislava is a pretty cool little city, and this hostel made my stay there even more memorable.

First of all, the hostel has excellent location. The staff are all very nice as well. However, the hostel itself is old and dirty (although bathrooms were ok), I'm not too demanding so it wasn't a big problem for me, but those who like cleanliness should not go there I think.

Hi, yeah unfortunately you are right. Because we are a small and more importantly independent backpackers hostel, we invest all the money we get right back into the hostel, but we do not have funding like big business/factory hostels...

Staying at the wild elephant hostel was great. The staff was very friendly and it was easy to meet new people there. The kitchen is a little cramped especially if more than one person wants to cook, and the lockers were quite flimsy so I'm sure if someone really wanted to break in they could easily do so. I would still recommend if you are a young traveller looking to make new friends!

Really, really great. I don't think I would have enjoyed Bratislava so much if I didnt stay at this lovely hostel. Everyone has been such good company

• 9th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've been to in Europe! The staff are legendary and will make sure you have a great time in Bratislava, whether it's chilling and cooking with new friends or sampling some of the night life. The atmosphere is awesome, just the perfect combination of peaceful and happening. The hostel is also incredibly clean, the beds are super comfy and the location perfect, right in the middle of Bratislava's Old Town. Definitely great value for money!

Bloody love this hostel! Made to feel like a part of the family as soon as you arrive. Invited out for beers in the evening with Jacob the owner plus a bunch of backpackers who work there - we ended up partying in an old bomb shelter under the castle. The hostel is right by the main square in the old town - the only hostel that is. The only choice for a friendly budget stay in Bratislava. So good I'm heading back for my final night in Slovakia :)

You make me feel all warm and fuzzy :) looking forward to the next party...

A very pleasant stay. Located directly at the main square of the historical center of the city, everything was pretty much in walking distance (with buses/trams nearby as well). The staff was very friendly, the dorms had a lot of space and you felt welcome all of the time. The only issue we had was the cold water at the shower in the morning (dont know if thats a thing there).

I have never been in this kind of hostel that really truly includes guests! The whole bratislava experience got very uniq stamp all because of the Wild Elephant! Even a social loner as i am, also travelling alone, in here it felt that i had hole group with me! I would love to come back someday! Huge bonus on top of everything was staff offer to borow a bike and this way got to fill a dream of getting out of the city, saw some local living and recharge my self in nature! I recommend!

This hostel is in the centre of old town,so it's the best location you can get.I only stayed for a night so I didn't really get to know the atmosphere but from what I saw,there wasn't much socialising...Staff was friendly and helpful.Would recommend:)

I liked this hostel. Tbe hostel building is a bit old. But the dorm was spacious, clean and comfortable. Functional kichen and washing machines were great. The staff was fantastic.

Nice Hostel. Great location in Bratislava super center. Good spaces. The Italian Noemi is a plus

Staff were great, nothing too much especially Noemi :) Kitchen was well equipped with free tea, coffee and even free rice and pasta which was very useful! Common area was a great place to meet people. Rooms were spacious, but lockers were very small, but big enough to keep valuables such as passport etc. Excellent location, very close to everything, with restaurants and pubs less than 30 seconds walk away! If I went to Bratislava again I would definitely stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5