A Wild Elephants Hostel Reviews

Frantiskanske namestie 8, Bratislava, Slovakia

Basically you get what you pay for. Great location, rooms are basic, wifi isn't great. We asked a few members of staff about the bus to Vienna and each had different answers which were not altogether helpful. All the guests were friendly and staff were all friendly, the hostel had a very hippy feel to it. Not a bad experience, but could have been better

the location is perfect, just in the old town. The hostel is a little bit noisy.

Pretty much the best hostel experience I've ever had. Phillip and Cal are amazing hosts, all the staff are brilliant. Location can't be beat, room with a view over old town centre sqaure and a littłe walk from the bus and train station. Clean sheets and comfortable beds. Kitchen has everything you need. Something on every night. Slept ike a log every night, no disturbances.

I strongly recommend it, because it is located in the center of the old city (where are locate all city's sightseeings). It is really easy to reach it from the main train station. The thing that I liked the most is that all the hostel's walls are painted from guests. So they give you a chance to paint something or leave some quote - to leave a piece of you over there. The stuff is from young people who are really friendly and you could talk easily with them.

Amazing location right off the main square, 3 min from the free walking tour, and super close to the bus station. When i arrived, the guy greeted me so wonderfully and everyone in the kitchen shared their dinner with me. Super nice people here, and big spacious rooms. Very happy!

This hostel was one of the weirdest hostel experiences in my life. It feels like you are doing Coachsurfing, I got in and everyone seemed like a family, the staff is super chilled and the hostel looks really artistic. Also the location is really good, it took me less than 10 min to walk from Novy Most bus station and 10 min to reach the train station by bus and 30 minutes to reach the airport. Only low down was the cold shower, tho I would come back again.

My friend and I went to this very nice hostel in city centre of Bratislava. The place was really centric and the receptionist was really helpul by telling us where is the best local food. Everything was very clean and safe. Highly recomended. Great value. Thanks for everything,

The location was just perfect and the staff really cool. I had a great stay, thanks!

Enjoyed the stay. Loads of positives, especially the staff !! Big locker to lock all stuff away. Beds are a bit shaky which is annoying but is the only thing I could fault this hostel.

Great. Although the hosts on our pub crawl got pretty drunk and couldn't find the nightclub. Seriously guys, learn how to handle your liquor ;) xx

We had a great stay at this hostel. We had a hearty welcome by the hosts and had a room with an excellent view on the square. There was a fully equiped kitchen, a wall to write on and basically everything you need. The only minus was that there were only two bathrooms in which both the toilet and the showers were located, a little bit inconvenient. Although the hostel was a bit hard to find, the location cannot be beaten! Overal we had splendid stay, thanks!

Coooool people! I would definitely stay here again when i come back!

Awesome stay in Bratislava, thank you so much guys! :)

Vey nice hostel, staff were all super friendly and helpful. Great place for people who are travelling alone as the hostel does a good job of creating a friendly atmosphere and helping everyone to get to know each other.

This Hostel pretty much does what it says on the tin. The place is in desperate need of a renovation and needs a good airing (there was a constant linger of smoke). Staff were friendly up to a point, I didn't always feel like I could socialise with them. The showers did the job but always leaked and again needed some renovating. All in all, if you want a roof over your head in a good location and you're not bothered about style or a huge degree of cleanliness then it will be suitable.

• 25th Mar 2015

Yeaaaaah, everybody else managed to have fun and socialize though :D. We are working on the showeers, thank for the heads up. Hugs n kisses

Great place to stay. Slightly grungy feel to it, but it's a clean place with comfortable bunks. The staff are really great, they went out with us a lot and showed us many great bars. It's a very friendly and familiar atmosphere. I would definetly come back again. :-)

Really lovely place, more like a home than a hostel.

The building had no prominent sign,but the apps in phone can help you find it.the stair is dim and has cigarrette smell.Staff are great.They recommended lots of great places and restaurant to go.The room and rest room are clean. i had a nice stay here!!

The hostel is great. Friendly and helpful staff. We were always asked if we need anything. Its super cool that you can use the kitchen facilities and that there is also free food like noodles, cereals, tea etc. I will definitively choose that hostel again the next time I'm in Bratislava =) Just one thing: It would be a good idea to lock the front door so not everyone can just come in. If there was a doorbell it would be safer.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Austria

I'll start by saying I only stayed here one night. It was a decent place to stay for a night but definitely wouldn't want to stay here longer. It felt kind of dirty and the wifi only worked in the reception area. The location was decent (although the city is small, haha). Overall the place felt pretty run down and in need of some renovation.