A Wild Elephants Hostel Reviews

Frantiskanske namestie 8, Bratislava, Slovakia

I was intrigued by a huge Sun of May drawn on the walls by a crazy Argentine; a must-see really! A master piece

First of all, the hostel has excellent location. The staff are all very nice as well. However, the hostel itself is old and dirty (although bathrooms were ok), I'm not too demanding so it wasn't a big problem for me, but those who like cleanliness should not go there I think.

Hi, yeah unfortunately you are right. Because we are a small and more importantly independent backpackers hostel, we invest all the money we get right back into the hostel, but we do not have funding like big business/factory hostels...

Staying at the wild elephant hostel was great. The staff was very friendly and it was easy to meet new people there. The kitchen is a little cramped especially if more than one person wants to cook, and the lockers were quite flimsy so I'm sure if someone really wanted to break in they could easily do so. I would still recommend if you are a young traveller looking to make new friends!

Really, really great. I don't think I would have enjoyed Bratislava so much if I didnt stay at this lovely hostel. Everyone has been such good company

• 9th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've been to in Europe! The staff are legendary and will make sure you have a great time in Bratislava, whether it's chilling and cooking with new friends or sampling some of the night life. The atmosphere is awesome, just the perfect combination of peaceful and happening. The hostel is also incredibly clean, the beds are super comfy and the location perfect, right in the middle of Bratislava's Old Town. Definitely great value for money!

Bloody love this hostel! Made to feel like a part of the family as soon as you arrive. Invited out for beers in the evening with Jacob the owner plus a bunch of backpackers who work there - we ended up partying in an old bomb shelter under the castle. The hostel is right by the main square in the old town - the only hostel that is. The only choice for a friendly budget stay in Bratislava. So good I'm heading back for my final night in Slovakia :)

You make me feel all warm and fuzzy :) looking forward to the next party...

A very pleasant stay. Located directly at the main square of the historical center of the city, everything was pretty much in walking distance (with buses/trams nearby as well). The staff was very friendly, the dorms had a lot of space and you felt welcome all of the time. The only issue we had was the cold water at the shower in the morning (dont know if thats a thing there).

I have never been in this kind of hostel that really truly includes guests! The whole bratislava experience got very uniq stamp all because of the Wild Elephant! Even a social loner as i am, also travelling alone, in here it felt that i had hole group with me! I would love to come back someday! Huge bonus on top of everything was staff offer to borow a bike and this way got to fill a dream of getting out of the city, saw some local living and recharge my self in nature! I recommend!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Finland

This hostel is in the centre of old town,so it's the best location you can get.I only stayed for a night so I didn't really get to know the atmosphere but from what I saw,there wasn't much socialising...Staff was friendly and helpful.Would recommend:)

I liked this hostel. Tbe hostel building is a bit old. But the dorm was spacious, clean and comfortable. Functional kichen and washing machines were great. The staff was fantastic.

Nice Hostel. Great location in Bratislava super center. Good spaces. The Italian Noemi is a plus

• 22nd Sep 2014

Staff were great, nothing too much especially Noemi :) Kitchen was well equipped with free tea, coffee and even free rice and pasta which was very useful! Common area was a great place to meet people. Rooms were spacious, but lockers were very small, but big enough to keep valuables such as passport etc. Excellent location, very close to everything, with restaurants and pubs less than 30 seconds walk away! If I went to Bratislava again I would definitely stay here!

This is an above-average hostel. My friend and I arrived in Bratislava by train, and this hostel was rather easy to find (with a good map). Rooms were rather old, but I found the beds to be decently clean. Unfortunately, during my stay, I had to shower in cold water, which was rather unpleasant after an entire day walking around town.

Was a pleasure! You were very decent as well :D I can tell you our secret with the beds, but don't tell anyone else.... Historical building, new beds :) . I am sorry for the water, we are having some issues when we get really full.

The staff is really nice. And help me solve a lot of questions

Fantastic location but the staff really let this place down. Two or three were fantastic but there's twice as many as needed and the bad ones treat it as if it where their house with the travelers as unwanted guests. We were literally kicked out of the kitchen one night because they wanted to use it to have there dinner in. Come on guys.

The staff were very helpful and gave great advice about places to eat that served lovely local dishes! The hostel was clean and we never had to wait for the bathroom because there are a few around.

Location is perfect! Staff could have been more helpful and at times appeared to be quite unhelpful. Room was clean but kitchen was a bit messy. Would go back but not one of the better hostels I've stayed in.

Very friendly and welcoming staff who were happy to show you the best bits of Bratislava. The location couldn't be beaten it was right in the centre. Also everyone staying there was friendly and welcoming worth a stay

Incredibly friendly staff and big hostel, very spacious, except for the kitchen area which can get very crowded easily. The stove was very small but other than that, good stay!

The hostel was a great place to stay the staff were awesome and it was in a great location. Sometimes no hot water if you arnt awake early enough

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5