A Wild Elephants Hostel Reviews

Frantiskanske namestie 8, Bratislava, Slovakia

The hostel is great. Friendly and helpful staff. We were always asked if we need anything. Its super cool that you can use the kitchen facilities and that there is also free food like noodles, cereals, tea etc. I will definitively choose that hostel again the next time I'm in Bratislava =) Just one thing: It would be a good idea to lock the front door so not everyone can just come in. If there was a doorbell it would be safer.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Austria

The hostel guys are fantastic and the roommates are friendly. But the facility is not that good. The shower water is cold....But generally I like Wild Elephants

The only problem was the hot water.. There wasn't enough for all people.

The location is perfect, right in fhe middle of the historical centre. But there were only two showers for all the hostel, not very nice, and the smell of the place wasn't nice either.

I loved this hostel! It is laidback and the staff are awesome and love to look after their guests of the hostel. The rooms are big and there are secure lockers to put your valuables. I would definitely go back if I find myself in Bratislava again.

Had a fantastic time at the hostel. The staff were all super´friendly and welcoming, we spent hours playing Chess and drinking tea. This was the most memorable part. At night we all grouped together in the kitchen and drank tea/alcoohol which was really nice. Through them I got to meet lots of new people. I particularly liked the eco-friendliness of the hostel: there is a clothes exchange, labelling leftover food so that other people can have free food and that all staff members are volunteers.

Great place close to the main areas of Bratislava. Good kitch and comfortable beds.

The hostel was really great and the people there as well. The only think that i see a little bit more disorganized was the kitchen. But, the atmosphere was awesome.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Seriously THE BEST LOCATION. Right in the center, very close to everything. Staff super nice, very ready to help. One can just find everything s/he needs in this hostel.

Friendliest hostel I've ever seen, Staff is unbeatable, rooms are fairly clean. Location is perfect, home away from home right in the old town, If you want to go out at night, the staff is always down. Coffee, tea and basic food in the kitchen, if you're willing to cook, Or just hang in the common room, this is a hostel you should book. By backpackers for backpackers, the rooms are no frills But by far the best hostel, if you need a place to chill.

This is one of the most amazing hostels I have ever stayed at. Everything is perfect there, people are nice and you get a chance to feel at home for a while. If in back to Bratislava, I'll defenetly book here.

Thanks :) you are our light at the end of the tunnel. Hope to see you somewhere around the world!

Very basic facilities, and small, but for a short stay it was just fine. Smaller hostels are better anyways. Staff was super chill and very friendly. Made you feel at home. Overall, good stay here!

Our stay was fine in wild elephant. Staff was great, there were showers, lockers, a bed to sleep on and a place to cook but it went only that far. Some lockers had loose back panels, our bottom bunk was on a pallet board, everything was dirty, no place to charge devices in the rooms and poor wifi only feet away from lobby. I strongly suggest the wild elephant get hooks in their bathrooms and a sign in front of their building. IMPOSSIBLE to know its a hostel outside. Wouldn't recommend.

This place had everything you need. Don't let the exterior confuse you. I had the pleasure of meeting some of the lovliest people of my trip in this hostel. And they all worked at the hostel! The owner personally lent my his bicycle, some of the staff made me dinner one night and I made theirs the next. The location is right in the town sqaure. Of and did I mention the staff took me out for beers? I extended my stay for a reason. Great hostel. don't expect super clean and super quiet. Expect fun

You guys were great fun. It was a pleasure meeting you all you were so helpful and accommodating. Keep up the good work and cool, relaxed atmosphere of the hostel. I really enjoyed my stay and met some very cool and interesting people.

It's backpackers like you, why we love our job and that keep us going !! Thank you

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The staff is amazing. We even went out for beers together and had a great time. Recommended!

Could not have had a better time in Bratislava with Jacob and the rest of the Wild Elephants crew. Spent the night on a pub crawl with the staff and other travelers and loved the hostel's friendly atmosphere. If/when I go back to Bratislava, this is the only place I would stay at.

Excellent location, friendly staff, large rooms and the tallest bunk beds I've ever seen! Walking distance from everywhere, met some great people in this hostel.

I was intrigued by a huge Sun of May drawn on the walls by a crazy Argentine; a must-see really! A master piece

Hard to find hostels with an atmosphere like this. Everyone who works there is super cool (most of the staff are volunteers), and they provide you with lots of opportunities to go out and explore the city. Bratislava is a pretty cool little city, and this hostel made my stay there even more memorable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3