A Wild Elephants Hostel

Superb 1446 Total Reviews

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
18th Feb 2017
7.1

THIEF in my 8 dorm room stole €700+ from me. I was too naive to not use a padlock & leave things unattended. Put handbag on top bunk & some dishonest person decided to go through it while I was chilling in the common area. Due to my misfortune, they refunded me &moved me to a 4 dorm room. I understand the hostel is not responsible for that but it'd be better if they at least tried to investigate the incident as it was not €7 nor €70 got stole & verify ID of guests in case anything bad happens.

18th Feb 2017

Great place! Awesome staff - the only issue was the wifi at times

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Feb 2017

Amazing hostel with great staff, comfortable beds and very good common areas. It's very easy to meet other travellers as the hostel seems to be intended for lone travellers or small groups. The nightly dinner for 5€ is very tasty and the bar crawl is good too. The location couldn't be better - right in the middle of old town. Highly recommended.

14th Feb 2017

Well. It was a last minute decision for me to visit Bratislava and I stayed in Bratislava less than 24 hours in total but this hostel and the guys made it so special for me. Even from the very first moment, everybody welcomed so warm. The guy showed me the hostel and gave me the instructions about bratislava. I don't know if he works there because it seems that everybody living there is kind of working there or it was like a volunteering activity. They weren't working but just enjoying. Amazing.

• vclare5887
  • England, Female, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are incredibly welcoming and I felt like one of the family straight away. They involve you in the nightly dinners and drinks which is great. Atmosphere and staff are amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to come back to Bratislava just to come back to this hostel. Special shout out to Louise, Rob and Alex for being so lovely :-)

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Really amazing hostel. The crew are so welcoming and make you feel like part of the family immediately. Family is big at this place, dinners together are great! Toilets, showers, washing, kitchen (so well stocked), beds; all facilities were great! Only thing I'd say to work on is the peer pressure into drinking, I think a simple 'no thanks' from someone should be enough not to heckle any further. Other than that, an honest perfect stay!

Remember, peer pressure is what makes diamond out of coal! :D We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay! :)

8th Feb 2017

Excellent place for a solo traveller, even during the lowest season when the staff are more people than the guests. The staff will envolve in all the activities planned by the hostel making you feel at home with dinner and have fun with pub crawls and beer pong. A must stay in Bratislava

• India, Female, 18-24
7th Feb 2017

Probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The city isn't much to explore but I would visit again just to stay at the hostel. The staff is super friendly and warm and the atmosphere is perfect.

5th Feb 2017

Wild Elephants is the only place you should be staying if you're visiting Bratislava. Everyone is so amazing there and the staff is great. It's a very close-knit environment and you immediately feel like family. They do a group dinner every night if you chip in 3 euros and they have things like fruit, pasta and rice that are open for anyone to use which was awesome. As a solo traveller, I definitely would recommend this hostel to anyone.

4th Feb 2017

Great hostel! Very centrally located, everything is close! The staff has always been very helpful and friendly! The hostel is very safe and it has a fully equipped kitchen available to all guests, and everything is also very clean! It's very very cozy and every day the staff organizes dinners and activities to involve all guests! Fantastic atmosphere, I couldn't have made a better choice, I recommend it to everyone!!!