A Wild Elephants Hostel Reviews

Frantiskanske namestie 8, Bratislava, Slovakia

Wild elephant Hostel is great! Staff really friendly and helpful, always organizing pub crawls and dinners. Great atmosphere. I was twice there on my 2 visits to Bratislava!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

Wild elephants is in a great location and is within walking distance from lots of great restaurants and places to drink. The train station is only a short bus ride from hostel so very easy to get to. Staff were always very welcoming, regularly inviting us to dinner and drinks. The only negative comment we had was the location of the bathroom to the bedrooms. You had to walk through the reception area to access it which wasnt always nice when there were lots of staff and guests around.

the only thing better than the location was the staff

• 30th Mar 2014

The hostel is just right next to the main square, you can walk everywhere in a few minutes. Staff is just simply great, they make you feel at home from the moment you arrive and this is what made our weekend perfect. No other place like this!

A hostel with a really nice atmosphere. All of the staff are great, and keen to spend time with people staying in the hostel, which makes the stay really fun. Good, clean facilities, right in the old town centre. Still a fairly new hostel I'm sure it can only improve.

Is the simple place but I liked. Every body that work there are cool, nice and attentive

• 15th Mar 2014

Minimalistic and no-frills, but the staff is friendly and the location is great.

I had an amazing time, really makes you feel at home, its extremely relaxed & is one of the best hostels I've eve stayed in!

• 10th Mar 2014

Great value for money here. The staff are really friendly and helpful. I Would highly recommend. See you again soon!

Wild Elephant Hostel is the best hostel I have ever been! It has great location, it´s very clean and it has lots of art, you can leave your mark there! The staff is just awsome, very friendly and they ensure lots of funny moments. xx

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Coolest staff ever..! Group activities organized by the staff like dinners and pubcrawls make very easy to meet new people. Cosy reception is the meeting point. Big rooms, the upper bed is tall enough so you dont hit your head when siting on the lower bed. Smoking area is also good to have nice talks. Always good fun!

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

If you go to Bratislava you must go there

The best staff of any hostel I've ever stayed at! They were beyond helpful when it came to assisting me in having an authentic cultural experience. They were also very helpful whenever I had a problem. Would highly recommend, but be warned, the hostel itself is not much to look at. It's not pretty or fancy but it is homey.

Thanks so so much :) We promise that we will keep it this way, a bit prettier definitely, never fancy, but always homey!! Good luck

The staff is really nice and helpful. It is just ok as far as meeting people and socializing, but the opportunity is there. The hostel itself is kind of a dump (and I typically have pretty low standards in that regard).It really seems like they furnished the whole place by going to a dump and finding furniture and carpet other people have thrown away. No hot water for the majority of the time I was there and the rooms smell like old salami.

We were going to stay one night but when we arrived we wanted to stay longer because of the athmospere in the hostel. The German girls at the reception were awesome. I think they have a good character and I like people with a good character :)

• 13th Feb 2014

A great hostel! Right in the historical centre, laid back atmosphere and amazing hostel dinners for 3 euro

Impossible not to have a good time at this warm and friendly hostel in Bratislava's charming old town. You feel like you're part of the family as soon as you check in as staff and travellers party together. Place is new and still being built so promises to be even better when the new common room is complete. Highlight was the communal 3 euro meals cooked by Steve which brought everyone together and helped break the ice before we all headed out to Bratislava's eclectic night life.

Perfect if you are looking for something more than a place to sleep!

If you're looking for a small hostel where the staff and guests are really cool this is the place for you. If you're looking for a flashpacker then it's probably not. It's a great hostel but super new and still kinda a work in progress, but I had an amazing time there and kept extending my stay. It's very comfortable and the €3 dinners are excellent!

Right in the old town and walking distance to the bus station (20 mins with a heavy backpack). The kitchen wasn't functioning while we were there but when that is finished it will be well equipped. Most of the staff were amazing- fellow travellers with great stories who constantly try and make you feel comfortable and at home. There was one guy though who a bit unwelcoming and made us feel uncomfortable. Apart from that, this hostel was fantastic and I would recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3