A Wild Elephants Hostel Reviews

Frantiskanske namestie 8, Bratislava, Slovakia

Hostel situated right in the middle of old town, so it's close to most major attractions. Rooms are well-ventilated and kitchens are well-equipped in case you want to cook.

Had a nice few days stay here at this hostel. Staff are great. Location is perfect. The wifi was a little annoying because it doesn't reach the room and sometimes cuts out. For the price was worth it. Good vibe

Felt really at home staying at the hostel, and the staff there plan stuff for guests to do in the evening, again making the hostel seem really homely. Also right in the centre of the Old Town so you don't need to walk to far to see any of the main sites or to get to any shops.

Great hostel right in the centre of Bratislava old town. Very friendly staff and a really nice laid-back atmosphere. Only stayed for one night, but wish I'd booked a longer stay now!

Good location and price but staff looks like in a permanent party.

The building is set up really well to allow for hanging out with the other travelers and the staff. Everyone is very easygoing and the traveler art gives the whole place a cool vibe. Really fun place to stay! Thanks!

• 2nd May 2015

Best located ever if you like old centers. People are really nice and always there for you, for tips or talking. One of the rare hostels left today with a real hostel atmosphere. Go for it !

Lovely hostel. Perfectly located just off the market square, but it's atmosphere here sets it apart. It's not a big place, which means you get to know all the other guests and staff (who are fantastic). I had to extend my stay by an extra two nights because I was enjoying myself there so much. I'd recommend this place to anyone. Hope to see you guys again!

Basically you get what you pay for. Great location, rooms are basic, wifi isn't great. We asked a few members of staff about the bus to Vienna and each had different answers which were not altogether helpful. All the guests were friendly and staff were all friendly, the hostel had a very hippy feel to it. Not a bad experience, but could have been better

was good staff easy going good location

Immediate good vibes upon entering. The staff were FANTASTIC and so were the guests! Perfect location in the old town, comfy beds (thank god, because I spent a day too hungover to move in one of them), a functioning kitchen, great price... My first night I was greeted by everyone enthusiastically, was offered dinner in the kitchen, and had a fantastic time going out with the staff/guests. Would return to bratislava just for this hostel.

• 21st Apr 2015

the location is perfect, just in the old town. The hostel is a little bit noisy.

I had a lovely stay in this hostel, it really made all the difference to my stay in Bratislava. The staff were very friendly and were happy to show us around and the location was perfect, right in the centre of Old Town.

• 19th Apr 2015

Pretty much the best hostel experience I've ever had. Phillip and Cal are amazing hosts, all the staff are brilliant. Location can't be beat, room with a view over old town centre sqaure and a littłe walk from the bus and train station. Clean sheets and comfortable beds. Kitchen has everything you need. Something on every night. Slept ike a log every night, no disturbances.

I strongly recommend it, because it is located in the center of the old city (where are locate all city's sightseeings). It is really easy to reach it from the main train station. The thing that I liked the most is that all the hostel's walls are painted from guests. So they give you a chance to paint something or leave some quote - to leave a piece of you over there. The stuff is from young people who are really friendly and you could talk easily with them.

The staff didn't seem too bothered, it's not a good hostel if you're travelling on your own as lacks atmosphere.

Amazing location right off the main square, 3 min from the free walking tour, and super close to the bus station. When i arrived, the guy greeted me so wonderfully and everyone in the kitchen shared their dinner with me. Super nice people here, and big spacious rooms. Very happy!

The wifi never works. Staffs are all temporary staffs, they don't speak Slovakian and don't know much about the place.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

This hostel was one of the weirdest hostel experiences in my life. It feels like you are doing Coachsurfing, I got in and everyone seemed like a family, the staff is super chilled and the hostel looks really artistic. Also the location is really good, it took me less than 10 min to walk from Novy Most bus station and 10 min to reach the train station by bus and 30 minutes to reach the airport. Only low down was the cold shower, tho I would come back again.

My friend and I went to this very nice hostel in city centre of Bratislava. The place was really centric and the receptionist was really helpul by telling us where is the best local food. Everything was very clean and safe. Highly recomended. Great value. Thanks for everything,

« first « Prev 1 2 3