A Wild Elephants Hostel Reviews

Frantiskanske namestie 8, Bratislava, Slovakia

Good for a frat house to party in

I must say I had a great time and met wonderful people although my rating ain't the best;-) just to many unprofessional travel staff, and a bit of a mess...

Staff were great. Quality of the facilities not top of the line, but it had character and was a fun place to spend a night.

Best hostel I've stayed at in terms of atmosphere - the staff are super chill and everyone hangs out together; probably the best hostel, location-wise, in Bratislava as well. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Bratislava.

The most AMAZING staff I've ever encountered :D I only booked 2 nights, but ended up extending another 3 - THAT'S how nice the people were!

Great atmosphere.

I love this hostel! Im a solo traveller and felt at home the first second I walked in. It's small, the staff is amazing and the atmosphere is great! If you want a great time in Bratislava, this is the place to be!

Fantastic atmosphere!! The people who work there really are travellers, they stay for a few weeks and work, then move on. There seemed to be more "staff" than guests! Very small hostel so you get to know people. Nice to cook together in the kitchen and sit round the reception area chatting and listening to music. Not much else to do in Bratislava! Complete opposite to the chains of massive hostels in Germany etc.

Great little hostel with extremely helpful and friendly staff. In an excellent location, situated so close to the old town. Only let down by the limited showering facilities but more than made up for by other aspects.

It was a great hostel, great atmosphere and great people are working in there, i really enjoed my vacation, i hope to come back again!

The best hostel i have ever stayed in. Great atmosphere, fantastic staff and always something going on. Would definitely recommend it.

Amazing for meeting other travellers and having a spontaneous night out.

Awesome, staff are very friendly and the whole place has a very relaxed atmosphere making it easy to meet people and relax

Wild Elephants is a laid back place, definitely not your slick corporation run type hostel. It had a bit of the frat/ college boy feel; not dirty but also not decorated or very homey. The mural in reception area is pretty cool though. I also loved the location in the Old Town. For that reason alone I would stay here again!

Great hostel, with amazing people! Was my best stay during my interrail trip!!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Very big ceilings and dorm rooms.!. toilet is inside the dorm and they offer free cereals and rices etc. But sometimes too cold or too hot water made me annoyed while taking showers

Very nice hostel and nice staff. Very good if you travel by yourself, nice atmosphere. The only bad thing is the kitchen is dirty and smells to bad to cook in. The beds are comfy and rooms are nice.

This was hands down my favourite hostel I have ever stayed in! What made it perfect for me was the incredible staff! Mainly consisting of other travellers they were all super friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The hostel is in a prime location in the old town and the staff organise free pub crawls and other activities every evening. There's also the opportunity to get involved with some group cooking sessions in the kitchen! I have already planned my return trip....see you in August guys!

Had a great time here! The staff always took us out and perhaps the best ting of Bratislava was hanging out with them. Great job, guys!

Really nice staff members