A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof

• carolinejeffery106659
  • England, Female, 18-24
15th Sep 2017
7.1

Really hard to find because not where it says on hostelworld and the big street signs are very confusing!! Walked around for half an hour finding it. Stayed in a private room ensuite whilst recovering from illness. It was nice and clean, tv, soap and shampoo dispensers, a lot like a hotel room. Didn't spend much time in the communal area. Staff were polite but not friendly, functional but they don't make you feel welcome or very cared for. Location good for trains bad for sight seeing!!

• Germany, Female, 41+
17th Aug 2017

Pleasant atmosphere, good location to Berlin Hauptbahnhof and located in a fairly safe area. I would book again to stay here.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

I stayed only one night cause of an appointment at the hospital which was right there so perfect location. Staff were very friendly and easy going. I had no problems whatsoever.

• Belgium, All Male Group, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
6.6

Had to pay extra for sheets and a towel.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017
7.1

On arrival the man who served me was not friendly. I went up to my room to find he had given me a mixed dorm instead of female as I had booked. I went back down and left my luggage as it was a good 5-8 minute walk through the corridors. He made a comment that I shouldn't have left it there as he can't give two keys. The door didn't lock in the first place so I took my new room key and left the old. 10 min walk to the station, only stay here if you need something close to the station.

23rd Jul 2017

Overall great place super close to train station. What you have to keep in mind is that it's one of those hotel, converted into hostels places, so there are some inherent flaws. For instance none of the outlets were near my bunk bed. Also, they make you rent sheets for 3.5 euros! Of the 10 or so hostels I've stayed at no one has charged me for sheets! I'm sure it's in the hostel terms and conditions but it was still surprising.

• USA, Male, 18-24
21st Jul 2017
5.4

Your staff was extremely rude. I went to check in and the service was below par. I paid 60 euro extra than promised due to a "Berlin Tax" although my reservation confirmation said "All taxes included." There was no manager to speak to when this happened so they said "Sorry it's your fault you used HostelWorld"

15th Jul 2017
6.9

+Very central so convenient if you travel to and from the train station + clean - a bit outdated though and not such a good atmosphere - also is was too big so too many people - didn't like that I had to pay extra for linen and towel (linen were nice though)

• Paraguay, Male, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

Great place to stay. Awesome Location and Price.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
29th Jun 2017
7.7

The bathroom smelt of urine, not nice.

×