A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Lehrter Straße 12-15, Berlin, Germany

Only stayed one night, reception staff were not overly warming & the location was far out from most of the things to do in Berlin

Good location best to hire bikes and get the most out of the city! Seems a bit like a huge hotel rather tha a hostel. Not a lot of character but met some nice people

• 21st Jul 2014

The hostel is simple but good, was clean and the bed was comfortable. Good bathroom. Was a bit hard to sleep because was really warm inside the room, even with the windows opened. The atmosphere of the hostel is strange, not bad or good, I think I didn't feel anyhting.. If you are traveling alone and want to meet people, I would't recommend. There is only wi-fi at the main hall, if you want it at the room, you need to pay extra.

On arrival the receptionist who clearly hated his job was rude, patronising and arrogant. You have to pay extra for bed linen and towels and the hostel has no air condition which meant at times the rooms where to unbearable to even be in never mind sleep in. There is no self service kitchen so you can't cook your own meals which isn't ideal. The overall atmosphere is poor as te common area is also the reception area.

A very big hostel. Clean but the atmosphere is poor. Close to hauptbahnhof, wich is great when interrailing!

Lacked atmosphere, more organised events would create a better environment.

Location relative to historic attractions was great. Especially since I stayed during the world cup. The hostel is in a sweet neighborhood very close to the train station which is nice. Very easy to find with billboards illustrating the way. The atmosphere was very bland though...definitely felt like more of a budget hotel which was fine for my purposes, but it isn't the type of hostel where you go to meet people. Beige tiles, white walls, generic '70s lobby furniture and few decorations.

• 13th Jul 2014

It took over 40 minutes to be served at the check in desk. It is far from the station, the name of the hostel is misleading. The common area is very univiting. It felt like band camp with lots of teenagers there.

Unfortunately, another typical chain hostel. No real common area except the bar and reception, so nowhere to actually just sit and chill, or tslk with other travellers except in rooms. Staff come off as helping travellers is such a chore. Breakfast is an extra charge, when you check in you are asked if you require linen, and unless they allow sleeping bags to be used (which they don't) of course you sheets, which are also an extra charge. Except for thw loaction, was extremely disappointed.

Good hostel, but if you are a backpacker i wouldn't suggest it, it is a huge hotel. Great facilities and clean but the wifi barely works and there is no way to meet other travelers, its too big. But great for the weekend traveler.

Day staff was friendly and helpful, night staff not so much. The night staff are very keen on marketing the taxi-to-airport scheme to its guests. While I am sure this service is very luxurious, it is very costly. I have asserted to the staff that I am not interested in the taxi scheme for the price and because I had a day bus pass, they've gone as far to tell me that the bus pass will not be valid when it clearly does and taxi is the only way if I don't want to walk for hours.

• 8th Jul 2014

Our first room has sick on the pillows. But our second room was excellent. Wifi didn't work very well at all. But I an happy with my stay and a

Location is great: 10 min walking distance from Berlin Hbf. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean.

Large Hostel, located only 5-10min by foot from the Hauptbahnhof. The rooms are clean enough, and i think most include a separate toilet and shower, which is always good. Breakfast Buffet is worth the money for sure, good way to fuel up for a long day of site-seeing. Very Good Value for money, overall.

This hostel is huge. When I walked in the lobby I was impressed with the number of people there. I only stayed there for one night but I think it's a good place to stay. The wi-fi is only free in the lobby and if you want to have some internet in your room you will have to pay. They have outside lockers there. It is very near the Berlin HBF (train station)..about 10 min walk in a safe neighborhood. I would recommend it.