A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Lehrter Straße 12-15, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, located near Berlin's central station. I didn't spend much time in the hostel since I was out for most of time walking around the city. Nonetheless, I had a good experience and would stay here again.

Worst place I've stayed in my life, not because is dirty or whatever is because you have to pay for everything. I spent almost 60€ for a night which is insane for a "hostel". They didn't even give me linen to cover my bed, you have to pay for it, not breakfast included, you have to pay for it and in the same spot in Vienna I didn't even have wifi connection... And the guy just told me "yeah, we're having problem with the internet connection". The only good thing is the closeness to train station

I had a great time at the hostel. The room was good and the bathroom was clean. The location is good, close to the central station. It's possible to walk to many places (a good walk). The breakfast is also really good!

Alright place to stay if you don't mind very thin walls to your neighbour..

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Location is good, though not so good you might think. At A&O you always know what you get: no surprises, which is nice. You sleep well even in the dorm if all the other guests also want to sleep :) The only thing I was a bit worried about was that the lock room door didn't get locked if not pushed - and they also opened it (remotely) for anyone without asking his/her name and room number. Btw they could also invest in broader and less transparent curtains...

I thought the service was great, very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere and I felt very comfortable during my stay. The mattress could have been better, but that is my only negative comment of my stay here.

We booked a private twin room and got an 8-bed 'family room' all to ourselves. The room was oke, clean enough but I could feel the springs in my matress. The staff wasn't really chatty, they really limited their talking to the necessary. So service was minimal. It's a huge place with tons and tons of rooms but no charm and no fun, social hostel vibe at all.

• 4th Dec 2015

There is no private lockers for each person.

It's good because it's right next to the train station but this is more of a hostel in a hotel room. I payed for sheets that were dirty which was really gross and the wifi sucks. The staff are nice but they just check you in and out.

We were lucky to have the whole 8 person bunk to ourselves. Maybe because we only stayed a night? The toilet was ensuite, clean and equipped with hairdryer. Only caveat was that the wifi was patchy in the room. Other than that, the stay was pretty good. Better than I had expected from the other reviews.

Great location and value .

Booked at Hauptbahnhof hostel, including paying a deposit but on arrival was told they were full and after a long wait was offered a room at another AandO hostel. At no time was it explained how this overbooking could occur, the staff seemed to suggest it was routine.

• 14th Oct 2015

When making the reservation, you can chose from a pop-up list at what time you will be arriving. The choice works for full hours, i.e. 10pm, 11pm, 12pm etc. I had made a reservation for a single room and indicated that I would be arriving at 11pm because I should arrive there at 11.15pm. However, when I arrived at 11.30pm due to a train delay, I was informed that my room had been given away and I had to sleep in a 8-bed room. So, here a hint for future guests: be generous about your arrival time

I stayed in female dorm which have its own bathroom which is a good thing. Staff were helpful enough. Place was clean. Wifi connection was good. But there was a man trying to get in at night which a bit surprised us. All in all, it was a nice place to stay.

• 4th Oct 2015