A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Lehrter Straße 12-15, Berlin, Germany

Clean hostell, big rooms. But they charge 3 euros for linens/sheets and 2,5 euros to pay by card and expensive breakfast. Too many school classes and too many old people. Not a good place to meet other travellers if you're going by yourself.

This hostel is really huge but I recommend to stay in this hostel when you just transit for waiting your flight or train or whatever it is. It is close to main train station which is pretty good but it is a big pity that kitchen room is hard to find or maybe even do not EXIST in this hostel because I tried to find it but the explanation from the staff there was very confusing me and I ended up at looking the kitchen for nothing just to have my meal and make some tea is not possible to find it.

It is a okay hostel, very clean and spacy rooms. But I don't like all the extra charges that are usually free in other hostels - you have to pay 3 euros for linens/sheets, 2,5 euro just to pay with a card (remember to bring cash!) and the breakfast is way too expensive. Their kitchen hidden of in 5. floor is a small room with bad air and without a toaster. And it is not a stricktly youth hostel - they allow any age - so lots of older people and young school classes there..

Great location and price!

• 27th Sep 2014

The staff was a little unengaged, could have been a bit more friendly. Otherwise everything was fine.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

The bedroom was good, but that was too much noise at night. That's a teen hostel.... I think its a little expensive. Its possible to find something better. I had a private room.

(+)Good location, cleanness and enough space, big room for 8beds. (-) breakfast not included, no kitchen ( i found it , we couldn't use it), had to pay for bed shit, unfriendly staffs

It's fine for what it is. Nothing immediately stands out as amazing. Its a cheap bed near a train station. WiFi was free and worked perfectly in room. Toilet and shower in room were separate which was nice not having to wait really. Bit of a younger party minded crowd so be warned.

Location was probably the best part about this stay. 10 minutes walk to Hauptbahnhof. We had to get trains/trams to places like Berlin Zoo, Reichstag etc. Staff were very rude, no urgency at all. Staff told us we had to wait 10 minutes past check in time which wasn't fair in a reception area with no air con and 33 degrees outside, after a 6 hr journey. Was a big hotel with 'hostel' dorm rooms so would expect better customer service. Wouldn't stay again. Put a downer on our stay in Berlin.