7.1
Very Good 349 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 349 Total Reviews
A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof Located at Lehrter Straße 12-15, , Berlin.
Germany
Berlin 10557 Lehrter Straße 12-15
71% 349
52.5263394 13.3651900
    Rooms available

4th Aug 2016
2.6

I would not recommend this hostel. The guests are school trips, stag-dos and homeless. The kitchen is small & poorly stocked (one pan, no oven, one small fridge). Plenty of mouldy food in fridge. A rehoused family kicked us out of the kitchen as it was their dinnertime. One guy in our room had drugs in the room and brought in nonguests to deal. We did not feel safe. In our room there were dirty sheets in piles that weren't removed for duration of our stay. Avoid this hostel.

Dear guest, thanks for your feedback. I´m sorry to hear that your stay did not fulfil your expectations. I ll hope you will visit us again. Kind regards A&O Hotel and Hostel Berlin Hauptbahnhof

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
1st Aug 2016
7.7

Close to the main train station and tourist sights like the Brandenburg Gate and Holocaust Memorial, but perhaps doesn't haven't a real hostel vibe. It felt like a hotel, but on the plus side the staff were good, and the place was clean and tidy with plenty of facilities.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
30th Jul 2016
7.7

Great location, walkable to the HBF train station. However it is a real pain having to pay 3.50 € for linen.

• mlh_9292
  • Turkey, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2016
3.4

İt is very very bad!

Dear guest, thanks for your feedback. I´m sorry to hear that your stay did not fulfil your expectations. I hope you will visit us again. Kind regards A&O Hotel and Hostel Berlin Hauptbahnhof

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Jul 2016
6.9

A&O is more like a budget hotel than a backpackers hostel. What you pay for is a clean bed, bathrooms in each dorm room, and a 10 minute walk to Berlin's main transit station. What you miss out on is friendly or helpful staff, proximity to the more interesting areas of Berlin, and any sort of social atmosphere. If you want quick access to transit and a clean bed, this is your place but if you want to socialize and meet other travellers, you should look elsewhere.

21st Jul 2016
4.6

Big and boring. OK if you need a bed near the train station for a night. Generally pretty clean, but my room smelled like manure. They have a lot of annoying extra fees. What really made this a bad experience for me however was the god awful staff. They had problem checking me in, couldn't answer basic questions and after I was robbed in the room they still tried to squeeze more money out of me by not mentioning the ATM in the reception, so I paid by card which they charge extra for.

• England, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2016
6.9

Average hostel, rooms are big hit staff are rude and not helpful. Have to pay for linen. Probably stay again for location but wouldn't book this branch anywhere in the world again.

• Mexico, All Male Group, 18-24
20th Jul 2016
7.7

Don't stay in this place in a room with a lot of beds during the summer. There's no air-conditioning so it starts to get hot quickly.

• England, Male, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
6.0

Provides the basics for getting up early and catching an early train/plane due to close proximity to hauptbahnhof, comfy beds, good bathrooms etc. But I was dissapointed by all the extra costs they tried to pile on, €3.50 for linen, €1.50 for a towel €2.95 to pay by card, when I pay €25 for a bed in a hostel I expect to recieve bedding, I felt cheated. Throughout I felt this hostel was trying to sponge money off me, combined with the expensive bar, there was no atmosphere in the hostel.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2016

Everything OK, nice and clean dorm. The hostel is near Hauptbahnhof, which was what I was looking for, but you need to take public transport to get to the main touristic places.