A&O Berlin Mitte Reviews

K'penicker Str. 127 - 129, D-10179, Berlin, Germany

Check-in was horrible. Everything seemed very chaotic and the staff didn't seem to be capable of dealing with the situation. I never waited that long in any hostel. It took us litearlly 2 1/2 hrs from entering the place to be in our room. Towels and pillow linen were out by that time and nothing was replaced until the next morning. Staff wasn't very helpful and it's totally overpriced. Spend one night and wouldn't come back given the endless choices of better accomodation in the city.

This was the worst hostel ever. I payed $400 Australian for a twin room. It was gross... And you can't even sleep cause people are so loud. Never again

• 4th Aug 2014

Came in on a busy day with 20 people waiting for check in and only 2 unexperienced receptionists without manager, who didnt care about anything, very slow and not dynamic. Had to wait 2 hours for a key to a full room (although i had reserved weeks earlier) , so i had to queue again and wait for a new room. Not selling locks for the lockers either so we had to leave our bags unprotected the whole day No events, not many people in the common areas NOT RECOMMANDED

The directions didn't help since the s-bahn was under construction, but it was rather easy to get to after finding out the way. Initially, they put me in an all girls room, much to the girls' dismay, but they sorted it out and gave me a room all to myself. Was a decent place though.

Huge hotel like place more than a hostel. Horrible for solo traveler. Slow elevator (only 1 per building to get to my 8th floor room and only went to 7th floor). Always a line at desk and loud, crowded downstairs. Nothing special, stayed somewhere else the next night

Laptop and money stolen. Lockers made of wood and of the lowest quality. The back of the locker-cupboard was entirely pulled out. Moreover it was easy to believe while leaving the room that the door was closed but it actually wasn't. Also not everybody everytime goes to the reception to ask to put the valuable stuffs in the safe-lockers. Besides after the shock of loosing about 1000€, the management behaved like I was a liar who just wanted compensation. Very very disappointed in the A&O Hostel

The location was perfect for nights out and exploring the city. The only downside was the lack of people our age (18-24) as our room had people aged 30+ which made us feel a bit guilty about coming back in at 5am.

We didn't like that it's allowed that single male adults who appeared in th middle of nigh share room with groups of Youngs girls. We understand that they are mixed bedrooms but usually there Is an age limit in hostels or at least should have separated rooms for they is guys. We had very uncomfortable situations.

This is a large hostel, can be hard to meet people on your own, lots of groups of young teenagers. But, it's very clean, comfortable, and near a main metro line. Wifi sucks though, but you can pay extra for better quality wifi. But if you're going to do that, spend the 5 euro extra on a better quality hostel.

Great hostel with a great location. Very good value for money. Only downsides: Beer garden at the back of the hostel had over 50 under 18s that stayed out there until nearly 2am - the hostel claims they close the beergarden at 10pm. It wasn't a big deal just extremely noisy!

I booked a female room. After 3 hours to be in the room a bunch of guys got in the room, it was a male room, I had to pack everything and go to the reception. They charge for wifi, the third night I was charged 25 euros and got a room above the bar, could not sleep. Some staff are really rude, never going back there.

My entire room woke up at 4 am sweating because the room was so hot!