A&O Berlin Mitte Reviews

K'penicker Str. 127 - 129, D-10179, Berlin, Germany

Huge hotel like place more than a hostel. Horrible for solo traveler. Slow elevator (only 1 per building to get to my 8th floor room and only went to 7th floor). Always a line at desk and loud, crowded downstairs. Nothing special, stayed somewhere else the next night

The location was perfect for nights out and exploring the city. The only downside was the lack of people our age (18-24) as our room had people aged 30+ which made us feel a bit guilty about coming back in at 5am.

We didn't like that it's allowed that single male adults who appeared in th middle of nigh share room with groups of Youngs girls. We understand that they are mixed bedrooms but usually there Is an age limit in hostels or at least should have separated rooms for they is guys. We had very uncomfortable situations.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

This is a large hostel, can be hard to meet people on your own, lots of groups of young teenagers. But, it's very clean, comfortable, and near a main metro line. Wifi sucks though, but you can pay extra for better quality wifi. But if you're going to do that, spend the 5 euro extra on a better quality hostel.

Great hostel with a great location. Very good value for money. Only downsides: Beer garden at the back of the hostel had over 50 under 18s that stayed out there until nearly 2am - the hostel claims they close the beergarden at 10pm. It wasn't a big deal just extremely noisy!

I booked a female room. After 3 hours to be in the room a bunch of guys got in the room, it was a male room, I had to pack everything and go to the reception. They charge for wifi, the third night I was charged 25 euros and got a room above the bar, could not sleep. Some staff are really rude, never going back there.

My entire room woke up at 4 am sweating because the room was so hot!

Unfortunately, the staff I met was not friendly at all, the girl didn't give me any info unless I asked and looked annoyed. One of the keys (cards) for our room didn't work. Low security rating because anybody can get into the building but corridor & room doors are protected by keys (cards). The hostel is clean. Letdown: there's wifi only at the reception and not in the rooms unless you pay extra money for it.