A&O Berlin Mitte Reviews

Köpenicker Str. 127 - 129, D-10179, Berlin, Germany

Good, clean facilities but staff were a bit rude and the rooms were very hot. Location was a little far out but we hired bikes and had a brilliant day cycling round. Basic but close to train station. Very much a hotel not a hostel (eg no kitchen facilities) so if you're after a proper hostel don't come here. But overall quite good.

Our stay was great except for some wait times at the check in counter. It seems the hostel was understaffed at all times. That being said, staff was friendly and helpful.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We were anxious about past reviews being very negative but we really enjoyed our stay here! We simply got a 4 bed room which was our group- so we didnt need lockers, but the room didnt have any. they provide hair and body wash & the shower is powerful. we booked the wrong nights by mistake but the staff were very helpful with sorting it out. the lift takes ages but we were ok taking the stairs- good for the heart! its got a nice atmosphere but not entirely great for meeting people. good location

There should be more facilities available

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very accommodating with rooms, as I got to my room, all the beds were taken. However entire check in process took over an hour because of how busy it was. Overall, hostel is in a great location, extremely close to metro station. Lots of people to meet as well.

Not a bad place if you're just looking for a bed, however this "hostel" is more like a hotel and hard to meet people if you're traveling alone. It's a bit out of the way from sights and a 15 min walk from Ostbahnhof but the staff were helpful but there needed to be more of them, usually only 1 at the front desk/bar area. I would probably try to find somewhere different to stay if I returned to Berlin.

This is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Definitely not reccomended for solo travellers. It's hard to meet people. When I first arrived there was blood on the floor and wall of the bathroom, smeared like someone stepped in it barefoot. I thought ok well that's weird, someone probably just had a nosebleed. The next day the lady "cleaned" the room, which took her about 2 minutes. The blood was still there! And the day after! And the people in my room looked like druggies. Stay away.

• 30th Jun 2015

Perfect place but only if you want to experience the atmosphere during communism era (which is something you really don't want to; trust me). The hostel is huge and ugly, the dorms are very small, you have to pay extra money if you want to get bed sheets, I have never seen smaller bathroom and it was stinky. Don't go there. Never!

• 30th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

We only stayed here as we all other places were booked up and we arrived in Berlin a day earlier than expected. We queued for nearly 40 minutes to book in. Staff were rude and unfriendly and we were over charged a small amount upon arrival even after partyying a deposit. For €42 we didn't even get bed sheets or breakfast included. The Wi-Fi didn't work once for any of in my group or in our room. Avoid this hotel at all costs, I would loathe having to stay here again.

Joke! Do not recomend this hostel to any travelers, there is nothing in this hostel that will make backpackers life comfortable, 8 floor, no wifi, no kitchen, elevator doesnt work half of the time, staff extremely rude, for 40€ a night u should do much better plus they want 7€ extra for breakfast plus 4 for sheets. Who ever owns or run this hostel is a big heartless capitalist, 1barman serving hundredths of people, waited 50min to get drinks in reception there is huge lack of staff....

STAFF IS PERFECT!!!!!!!