A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Koenigswall 2, Dortmund, Germany

If you need to go to the airport this hotel is really good. If you are planning to stay in Berlin a few days it's not in a good location.

You should offer your guests lockets for the lockers in the room (free of charge).

The hostel's/hotel's location was great and it seemed like a great place to stay. At night the gritty nature of Dortmund came out around the hostel as there seems to be an anarchist bar right around the corner (they kept to themselves though!). There were 2 things that bothered me about the hotel, one was that even though the beds and shower was clean, there seemed to have been recent renovation done in the room with sawdust all over the place. Staff was friendly though overworked! Good Hostel!

I always enjoy my stay at the A&O Hostel in Dortmund! The last time I stayed, I took the time to visit the VHS (Volkshochschule) which is literally "just around the corner." I found a one-week intensive course which I wanted to take, so the location of the A&O Hostel was perfect! I checked in for six nights on Sunday, to enjoy the five-day course, and then checked out on Saturday. In the evening I had lots of fun with other hostel residents enjoying the World Cup on a big screen!

Ok hostel. Nothing stellar but good location if you're passing through.

I stayed my last night in Dortmund at A & O. There was only one staff member and he was also running the bar. I finallz had to tell him in a very unfriendly manner that I wanted my bedding which I had payed for in the morning. Poor management. This place must be a milk cow for the manager. He should be fired , not the staff. It s a noisy place and this week overrun by British brats who can be forgiven but not their parents who were drinking heaviy.

First of all I liked the location, which is great (near the train station and the old city centre). Then what I really liked was the cleanliness, both in the room and in the bathrooms. The staff is very friendly, and helpful. There was also a thing i didn't like, which is charging for bed linen, which is very awkward. I think they should include this fee in the cost of the room.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Romania

I only stayed for a night. The bathroom was clean. There was a little bit of street noise but it wasn't so bad.

Ive stayed here a few times now, for the airport. The wifi NEVER works, so be sure youre ready for your trip. €3 for sheets is too much

First, the price were calculated wrongly, then we two travellers were told we will stay in a 6-bed room (for ourselves) instead of a twin room as booked. Room 115 had a side-looped picture on the wall which spoke volumes - it made me always laugh. Then 5 Euros for a dreadful billiard game - one ball missing, one ball dented, no chalks at the table and balls all jammed. Overcoming all this, the room was good and the breakfast excellent. Close to every possible amenities in the city. Recommended.

• 9th May 2014

The free wifi hardly works. I hate how they €3 for sheets.

I have stayed at this hostel before, and I return because of its location, staff, cleanliness, and value for money. Thanks!

Everything was exelent just one thing thing that was problematic that night is person who shared room with us and his Socks! We leaved open windov all night

Surpassed all of my expectations!