A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Koenigswall 2, Dortmund, Germany

What was VERY disappointing was that I was asked on arrival if I brought my own bed linens!!!! Since, I hadn't I was charged Euro 3.50 for the linen, and a further Euro 1 for tax!!!!! I thought the Tax was included in the prices quoted in Germany. I noticed that two people in the room were not using any bed linen with the quilt and the pillow provided by the hostel. hence very poor hygiene.

Again. nice and clean, but very low key.

I found staff to be very helpful for myself, I was purely in Dortmund for a football game and they explained the best way of getting there, what time they recommend I go etc.The bar area was very good reasonable priced drinks and food also a good social area with a tv, pool table and computers. Shame about the extra cost for bed linen but this is A and O policy I believe, saying that it wouldn't stop me staying in another A and O hostel all in all a good stay here.

Literally only stayed here because I needed a place to sleep for one night in Dortmund. Ok if you're passing through the town but definitely don't stay more than one night. It's not exactly a tourist destination so the quality and quantity of hostels is sub-par. Nothing bad to say, it's just nothing special. Be prepared to pay 3.50 euro for sheets! I knew this so it wasn't a problem but people complain when it's their own fault they didn't do their research.

Comfy beds, nice hostel. City hasn't much to offer though. Maybe in 20 years time...

Only came here to see the stadium so the location was handy. 2 min walk from the station. However, it's disgraceful that this hostel does not provide linin or allocate beds. When I walked into the room, the 6 beds in the dorm were covered in sheets that had already obviously been slept in. It was impossible to work out which beds were free. At 11pm, an angry man came in aggressively shouting that I was in his bed.. How was I to know? There was nothing to signal that this bed wasn't vacant.

The place has a big potential but i wouldnt recommend to even go to Dortmund because theres nothing there other than going to the Borussia Dortmund Stadium.

good hostel and excellent for the train station.

I stayed for one night in a room of 6 mixed bed. The best thing about the hostel is its location. Only 2-3 mins walks from the central station. the toilets and shower were attached to the room and were very clean. The staff was friendly. Had to pay for the bed sheets :( was the only low about this hostel. overall very good and highly recommended,

u really have to say that we must pay the sheets. was kind socking for me. I haven't met this problem anywhere where i travel.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Romania

Would have stayed longer if I could. Had everything

Good hostel with all the things you need. Location was really good if you are looking to do some shopping in the centre of Dortmund. Staff were helpful and rooms were clean.

Good location near to the main train station but absolutely no atmosphere and extra costs e.g bed linen were annoying.

When you are booking a place the provide one price. When you are coming you suddenly understand, that you have to pay extra for linens, additional pay for internet without commercial advertisement and spamspam, additional payment fore breakfast. So the price can go up to 30%. In my case it was only 10 euro, but the point in not fare way to get this money. But in general hotel is quite good.

Extremely unpleasant stay..i did not feel hostel safe at all, and was thinking should I leave my bags or not. Staff was unfriendly, but location is really good!

Great Location, Stayed for 1 night. The beds were comfertable, big dorms, Hot Showers, happy days. The only negative that the staff were very uninterested and didn't want to be there.

Added surcharge for using the credit card used to make the reservation online was unwelcome and not specified when reserving. All the room had no curtains so with 4 girls it was difficult to change clothes. The free wifi was excellent. Thank you!

Very nice location, closed to the main station and the city center. Access to/from the airport was easier than expected. The atmosphere perhaps I did not felt it so good. Rooms were clean and the wifi was working good on my room (big plus).

Nice clean hostel, big rooms and comfy too. Only thing was that people appeared in our room at 230am with no forewarning to us that they were coming, or to them that we were sleeping there. Therefore, we were all pretty freaked out by that. Simply telling us in advance would have been sufficient. Other than that, stellar.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel, the rooms were so spacious and everything was clean. Also really close to the station so super easy to find