A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Koenigswall 2, Dortmund, Germany

Very basic hostel. Too expensive for the standard provided.

Nothing particularly wrong with the place, but nothing special about it. As others have said, you have to pay for sheets if you don't bring your own. It amazes me that you can bring your own - I thought that's how bed bugs spread! It's really close to the station, the rooms and showers are good. Almost no atmosphere there the night I stayed, even though Borussia Dortmund had played that day

The Hostel charged for the use of wifi. The room was very dirty. The bathroom as dirty as well. The staff had no usefull information about the city.

What was VERY disappointing was that I was asked on arrival if I brought my own bed linens!!!! Since, I hadn't I was charged Euro 3.50 for the linen, and a further Euro 1 for tax!!!!! I thought the Tax was included in the prices quoted in Germany. I noticed that two people in the room were not using any bed linen with the quilt and the pillow provided by the hostel. hence very poor hygiene.

Again. nice and clean, but very low key.

I found staff to be very helpful for myself, I was purely in Dortmund for a football game and they explained the best way of getting there, what time they recommend I go etc.The bar area was very good reasonable priced drinks and food also a good social area with a tv, pool table and computers. Shame about the extra cost for bed linen but this is A and O policy I believe, saying that it wouldn't stop me staying in another A and O hostel all in all a good stay here.

Literally only stayed here because I needed a place to sleep for one night in Dortmund. Ok if you're passing through the town but definitely don't stay more than one night. It's not exactly a tourist destination so the quality and quantity of hostels is sub-par. Nothing bad to say, it's just nothing special. Be prepared to pay 3.50 euro for sheets! I knew this so it wasn't a problem but people complain when it's their own fault they didn't do their research.

Comfy beds, nice hostel. City hasn't much to offer though. Maybe in 20 years time...

Only came here to see the stadium so the location was handy. 2 min walk from the station. However, it's disgraceful that this hostel does not provide linin or allocate beds. When I walked into the room, the 6 beds in the dorm were covered in sheets that had already obviously been slept in. It was impossible to work out which beds were free. At 11pm, an angry man came in aggressively shouting that I was in his bed.. How was I to know? There was nothing to signal that this bed wasn't vacant.

The place has a big potential but i wouldnt recommend to even go to Dortmund because theres nothing there other than going to the Borussia Dortmund Stadium.

good hostel and excellent for the train station.

I stayed for one night in a room of 6 mixed bed. The best thing about the hostel is its location. Only 2-3 mins walks from the central station. the toilets and shower were attached to the room and were very clean. The staff was friendly. Had to pay for the bed sheets :( was the only low about this hostel. overall very good and highly recommended,

u really have to say that we must pay the sheets. was kind socking for me. I haven't met this problem anywhere where i travel.

Would have stayed longer if I could. Had everything

Good hostel with all the things you need. Location was really good if you are looking to do some shopping in the centre of Dortmund. Staff were helpful and rooms were clean.

Good location near to the main train station but absolutely no atmosphere and extra costs e.g bed linen were annoying.