A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Koenigswall 2, Dortmund, Germany

Dortmund A&O is quite close to the city centre, its staff is so nice and its rooms are big. Some bad feelings: towels and sheets were not included (and renting sheets was 3,5€), your own lock is necessary to use the lockers in the rooms and it didn't have a single kitchen.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Spain

The bed wasn't comfortable, and the sheets doesn't fit the mattress. However, the hostel is pretty nice and its position is really good

Over all a very good experience! The room was nice! The bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke, but that's hardly the hostels fault. Also, there were no reading lamps. The room was facing the street, but with closed windows, it was quiet enough to sleep very well. The staff was very friendly. We didn't use any of the other facilities because we didn't spend much time in the hostel, but it looked very nice. The location is fantastic, not even five minutes to the train station.

• 4th Dec 2015

badbadbad...Pleace don't do that. there were so many mentaly ill people in that place. I feel so much like doing holidays now!

• 29th Nov 2015

Very basic hostel. Too expensive for the standard provided.

Nothing particularly wrong with the place, but nothing special about it. As others have said, you have to pay for sheets if you don't bring your own. It amazes me that you can bring your own - I thought that's how bed bugs spread! It's really close to the station, the rooms and showers are good. Almost no atmosphere there the night I stayed, even though Borussia Dortmund had played that day

The Hostel charged for the use of wifi. The room was very dirty. The bathroom as dirty as well. The staff had no usefull information about the city.

What was VERY disappointing was that I was asked on arrival if I brought my own bed linens!!!! Since, I hadn't I was charged Euro 3.50 for the linen, and a further Euro 1 for tax!!!!! I thought the Tax was included in the prices quoted in Germany. I noticed that two people in the room were not using any bed linen with the quilt and the pillow provided by the hostel. hence very poor hygiene.

Again. nice and clean, but very low key.