A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Koenigswall 2, Dortmund, Germany

Good location near to the main train station but absolutely no atmosphere and extra costs e.g bed linen were annoying.

When you are booking a place the provide one price. When you are coming you suddenly understand, that you have to pay extra for linens, additional pay for internet without commercial advertisement and spamspam, additional payment fore breakfast. So the price can go up to 30%. In my case it was only 10 euro, but the point in not fare way to get this money. But in general hotel is quite good.

Extremely unpleasant stay..i did not feel hostel safe at all, and was thinking should I leave my bags or not. Staff was unfriendly, but location is really good!

Great Location, Stayed for 1 night. The beds were comfertable, big dorms, Hot Showers, happy days. The only negative that the staff were very uninterested and didn't want to be there.

Added surcharge for using the credit card used to make the reservation online was unwelcome and not specified when reserving. All the room had no curtains so with 4 girls it was difficult to change clothes. The free wifi was excellent. Thank you!

Very nice location, closed to the main station and the city center. Access to/from the airport was easier than expected. The atmosphere perhaps I did not felt it so good. Rooms were clean and the wifi was working good on my room (big plus).

Nice clean hostel, big rooms and comfy too. Only thing was that people appeared in our room at 230am with no forewarning to us that they were coming, or to them that we were sleeping there. Therefore, we were all pretty freaked out by that. Simply telling us in advance would have been sufficient. Other than that, stellar.

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel, the rooms were so spacious and everything was clean. Also really close to the station so super easy to find

Wow, what a great city it was made even better by this superb hostel.staff were friendly and helpful my party had a four bed Room which was perfectly clean and usable. The location was perfect for walking around the city overall I'd rate this 100% and rate Dortmund as my favourite German city to visit I look forward to returning very soon

• 10th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

No kitchen available to cook.

Great hostel, just 5 minutes from Main station. Really worth for money paid

Clean, bright and friendly place. I also liked the fact that my dorm was en suite instead of having to go down a hall to go to the loo. The only thing to improve would be more convenient plugs in the room, as they could have been placed closer to the beds.

I was very happy that I managed to find the hostel so easily from the train station (5 minutes away). I also enjoyed the central location. I haven't noticed too much socializing around the bar area, but I had nice roommates (I stayed in a six beds room for women).

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • Romania

As always A&O Hostels are a great option.

Not a bad place to stay for a night, fairly close to the station, abt 5 mins walk. Very clean bathroom and toilet

There was not security, because there was crowd in floor l stayed during last night. And also l didn't expect to pay extra for sheets.Why it is not specified in web page ?