A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Koenigswall 2, Dortmund, Germany

Only hostel in town (or on hostelworld) so it's the best. Good wifi, nice, clean rooms and bathrooms, comfortable beds. You just have to read EVERYTHING since it's not in the description that you have to pay for your linen. It even has an elevator which is perfect for carrying heavy luggage.

excellent room facilities

The cheapest room was 23 euro, and no free linen, are u kidding? Clean showers and toalets, have elevator. The best location on hauptbanhof

The hostel is also run as a hotel and a bar by the reception. At times there was only 1 member of staff on duty trying to run all aspects. If a lot of new people were checking in at the time one had a query a long wait was going to happen. An indifferent attitude and lethargic display was often seen. Otherwise a really great location to all amenities and good standard.

A&O Hostels are great. As usual, this one was clean, very close to the main station (5 min walk), and also the city centre (5 min walk). There was a good atmosphere in the bar area. Only stayed one night, but would do so again if in Dortmund.

It is like a hotel so the atmosphere is very cold !!! There is a bar... but quite expensive!!

Very nice and clean, big rooms, excellent location, near the city center. Great value for the money!

Good hostel but the noise at night made it almost impossible to get any sleep. I stayed 2 nights, none in my room had enough sleep.

Room for 4 is small but efficient. Room keys were never functioning and always requiring reset every day over 4 days time.

If you need to go to the airport this hotel is really good. If you are planning to stay in Berlin a few days it's not in a good location.

You should offer your guests lockets for the lockers in the room (free of charge).

The hostel's/hotel's location was great and it seemed like a great place to stay. At night the gritty nature of Dortmund came out around the hostel as there seems to be an anarchist bar right around the corner (they kept to themselves though!). There were 2 things that bothered me about the hotel, one was that even though the beds and shower was clean, there seemed to have been recent renovation done in the room with sawdust all over the place. Staff was friendly though overworked! Good Hostel!

I always enjoy my stay at the A&O Hostel in Dortmund! The last time I stayed, I took the time to visit the VHS (Volkshochschule) which is literally "just around the corner." I found a one-week intensive course which I wanted to take, so the location of the A&O Hostel was perfect! I checked in for six nights on Sunday, to enjoy the five-day course, and then checked out on Saturday. In the evening I had lots of fun with other hostel residents enjoying the World Cup on a big screen!

Ok hostel. Nothing stellar but good location if you're passing through.

I stayed my last night in Dortmund at A & O. There was only one staff member and he was also running the bar. I finallz had to tell him in a very unfriendly manner that I wanted my bedding which I had payed for in the morning. Poor management. This place must be a milk cow for the manager. He should be fired , not the staff. It s a noisy place and this week overrun by British brats who can be forgiven but not their parents who were drinking heaviy.