A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Strehlener Stra'e 10, Dresden, Germany

Very good service. The only bad thing is very expensive wifi service.

Everything is perfect apart from the fact that there were extra fees for the bed sheets. They were not mentioned upon booking so I thought that the price on the website is the price for everything..

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Egypt

Location is really great and the facilities is clean and claire wifi in lobby is free if it's free in the room that's will be better :) above all , it's really good ! I like it

One of the best hostels I've been. More like a hotel.

Worst hostel experience ever! The place is definitely not a place for travelers. It might be considered to be a hotel, but not a hostel. You have to pay (quiete expensive compared to other hostels) for every kind of service. Even for the bedlinen they charge additional 3 EUR and wifi in the rooms is charged by hour. Also there is no kitchen available, no lockers in the room, etc. Furthermore, the room is so noisy that you can hear every single word of the neighbors.

• 26th Jan 2014

The best city and the worst hostel. The girl in the night was very rude, but the guy in the morning was very nice. They charge you separately everything! The sky bar is nice. I will definitely go to another hostel next time!!

It's a 5/10 minute walk from the Dresden Hbf (which is in the opposite direction of everything interesting). The area is a bit depressing, but you go to the station and connect quite easily to everything else. Room and ensuite were clean, but no lockers. Guy from night shift gave me awesome touring recommendations. Wifi just in lounge area. I recommend it if you cannot find anything else closer to the hubbub. Not a party hostel it seemed. Was very good though.

This is more upmarket than most, and suits my budget and style. I had a private room. It is awkward that the free wifi is downstairs (room wifi costs). One excellent feature was having tea and coffee available at reception. The walk from the station is signed (400 m). Alternatively, going one stop by tram on the other side of the railway shortens the walk.

It's around 25 minutes walk from the Altmarkt but very close to the Hauptbahnhof. Our room (4 bed mixed dorm) was very spacious and clean, with separate bathroom and toillet. Have to say it was one of the most 'posh' hostel rooms I've ever been. Skybar serves quite big diversity of drinks, the view is really nice (however, they're not accepting paying cards). Generally A&O is a very nice place to spend a night or two, for a very fair price.

I traveled with a friend for just a day and the hostel was very nice for relaxing a long day after the nice touristing time. Staff was nice and helpful and will definitely choose the chain when I travel again. :)

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

わかりやすい場所にあるが、意外と遠い。 スタッフ、部屋共に良い。

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Japan

The hostel is quite close to the city centre, even though it is at the other side of the city center. They have a bar with a very nice view. They also offer 24 hours food and drinks. No locker in the room. Key does not work so require several trips to have it fixed. Staff do not speak much English. Laundry is avaible but 7 euro for cleaning and drying is more expensive than hostels in Scandinavia!

well its too far from the station. In a chilly night one might need a little more description The staff should speak good english unless you think tourist ought to know German ...

Wifi only available in lobby. Hostel near the station but some ways from most of the main stuff in Dresden; beside a supermarket. Bed so-so but room was clean, towels provided and single beds in my room made it feel a little more like a motel than a hostel. Left my tablet there but hostel staff I contacted didn't want to send it back to me, even though I said I would transfer $. After a month, another staff (Chris) I contacted, because of problems with pickup, sent it back to me at their expense

In general, a clean place for staying short periods but does not have the atmosphere of hostels you generally see around the world. It's more like a cheap hotel with good standards and cleanliness. Some of the annoying policies with A&O chains are charges with basics you mostly get in other hostels around the world (such as sheets, tea/coffee, internet and so on..)

A&O chain knows its business. Very well run hostel near the railway station. Nothing to complain . Of course, ist a very big house, can be many guests during the peak season. According to A&O policy, all additional items go extras like bedsheets or breakfast

The room was fine. My one problem was the internet connection. I used the terminals on 2 occasions. Both times the connection was ridiculously slow and both times the computer crashed before my time was up. I was also not able to print anything out. I told the staff and they simply agreed it was a terrible service...

• 2nd Nov 2013