A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Strehlener Stra'e 10, Dresden, Germany

Positive aspects: -close to the bus/train station - clean bedrooms and bathrooms - maps available for free - wifi available for free - luggage storage for free - close to the city center Negative aspect: - most of the staff does what they have to do, but forget to smile

Hostel is just ok, but the ladys at the reception are very unfriendly...they can be so rude! The guys are kinder.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Colombia

We had to pay some fee for bed linen (3,50 euro per person). But even we paid for it, the towel was really really dirty. There was so much hair and dirt. I don't know why I had to pay for the dirty towel. And also the staff wasn't helpful. We had to change the room because of the broken door and we waited out of the door about 10 minutes but she didn't appear. She just watched her phone in reception and did nothing for us. Except these things, everything was okay.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Good for a place to sleep but there is no atmosphere and the lady at the counter didn't seem to want to help at all. The 6 bed dorm room was clean and large and we got complimentary linen and towels (by mistake I think but it was nice).

Perfect hostel when arriving at Dresden Central Station.

Dont try to use this hostel without earplugs, as it is on opposite of main dresden railway station.. It's 4-bed dorms are really budget-grade accomodation, but staff is nice an helpful.

nice view and good location.

Wasn't particularly fancy or spectacular, but the facilities were nice and the bed was comfortable. I didn't plan to spend a lot of time in the hostel -- I just needed a place to sleep/shower/whatever.

More of a hotel than a hostel by far. This place is far away from everything by foot, but the tram system runs all night long and there is a stop right by the hostel. The staff was 50/50 mainly the younger woman with the glass was knowledgeable about the area, helpful and friendly.

the room was soooooo dirty and smelly, i can assure that it wasnt cleaned and aired for more than a month , if ever, the room was smelly , there was only 2 electricity plugs in the room for 6 pax. not to mention it is twice as expensive as any other hostel

Great staff, good locaton. N O KITCHEN FOR self-use - so forget a fridge where you can store that bottle of water - you have to buy stuff that is cold from the bar.... One can't make tea or coffee - but can buy it from the bar... Very ULTRA clean - and friendly cleaning staff...

the price of this hostel was around 20 euro, but when I arrived at the hostel, the receptionist said I have to pay more because price for bed-linen was not included. So, you have to pay further than on making the reservation. Also, the distance from hauptbahnhof was not so close. I think it would be 2 bus station. Finally, I strongly recommend you choosing other hostel.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for all of your hospitality .

I have stayed here several times. It is close to the main railway station. The prices are generally good value but I could not understand why some nights were twice the price of others!

Meh. Not a lot of feeling one way or the other. Clean, easy location for trains, no cool vibes

Nice place, clean and near Haupbanhof (by walking around 5-10 minutes). The attendance and politness was good.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Spain

The staff were extremely freindly and helpful. Special mentions for Roberta & Phillip. Look forward to returning to this freindly city soon.

I chose to stay at this hostel because it is very near of the university (where I needed to go) and Hauptbahnhof, but it is also near the Altstadt (15 min). I thought it was a very good decision, as the staff was so kind to me and helped me a lot and the location was useful. For staying a pair of days is great.

Very nice staff. Good location. Clean room. Poor wi-fi signal in the room.

The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The hostel is a short walk from the Hbf and there is a supermarket directly behind the building.