A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Strehlener Stra'e 10, Dresden, Germany

not good and not bad bathroom should be more clear... but if you stay one night it is not that bad

• 17th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel was perfect for what I needed. It was quiet and about a 20 to 30 minute walk to the old town. It's pretty far away from Dresden's nightlife, so if you're looking for a good party location it's probably not the hostel for you. It was very clean, cleanest shower and bathroom I've seen yet in a hostel

They charged me 3 euro for the card transaction

I dont like the arrangement of beds in the room. It would be better to be all bunk beds but not two single beds lying against each other.

Good size room, walking distance to train station and old town. The room was not all cleaned when we arrived at check in time, 2/4 beds had old sheets on them, old towels in bathroom, bin not empty. When we told staff they gave us new towels and sheets but they didn't get rid of old ones. Only 2 power points on other side of room.

Very happy with the service provided!

Best hostel I've stayed at in Europe. Comfortable, clean, well-equipped. Bedding and towels included, breakfast extra. Decent-sized lockers. Friendly, helpful staff. Close to main station and walkable to Old Town sites, less convenient for New Town night life though. Lovely rooftop bar.

This place is a little away from the main hub of the town, but not far enough away to cause a problem. Hire the hostel bikes for the day and you will be in good shape to see the town. Hotel it's self is everything you would expect it to be! I tried other hostels in Dresden and left to come to this one. You will be happy with this hostel.

Reasonable hostel and reasonable price. It's a convenient location for the station (10 minute walk), however you'll most likely need to get a tram if heading into the centre or Neustadt. The rooms were clean and quiet, although WiFi connection was a bit slow. There was a common area on the ground floor, where the WiFi connection was faster. I would happily stay here again.

If you're expecting a real hostel for young people, with a nice atmosphere , music on, a nice bar, people hanging out together in the livi room, don't go there. It's okay if you're a family on vacations and want a more peaceful but yet cheap stay, or if you're iwth a big group of people the I suppose you're gonna be okay with it . The location is horrible, really far away from the cool stuff (Neustadt)

Great breakfast. Rooms small but clean. Staff not very nice.

Did the job. A nice clean room for a night stop over between Berlin and Prague and very close to the station which is what we wanted. There's not much of an atmosphere so wouldn't recommend it to solo/younger travellers for a longer stay, but is good for a night or two if you just want to see the sights. There seemed to be a lot of older people and school groups. The staff were helpful with directions. Room and en-suite were immaculate, which was a very welcome relief from scuzzier hostels.

Loved the place! Loved the room! Loved my dorm mates! It's so central!!

다 괜찮은데 직원은 그닥 친절하진 않았던걸로 기억합니다. 위치 좋아요.

All in all a nice hostel. U are 5min. away from the main station and another 5min by tram to all main sights in the old town. There are many young families with children in the hostel and plenty of backpackers from overseas. Its not a party hostel, it's more like the quiet spot where u can sleep till noom (if no one snores). Only negativ thing is the breakfast. DO NOT GET BREAKFAST AT THE HOSTEL! For 7 € you get a basic breakfast what is in most hostels included! Check out the town for bakerys

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Ikzip

Being an A&O, it's generally busy. However, the place is nice, rooms are clean, and the bar at the top is pretty cool. Sadly, the reception had no idea about walking tours of Dresden, which is something that be posted in my opinion.

We stay there only one night. The hostel was very clean, near to the station but not to the city center. Wifi was only on the reception and bar

I really liked the facilities and the location but the staff was not very friendly even though they were willing to help. At times I felt like I was being an inconvenience for being there.

Didn't have a good experience at this hostel. It was understaffed and the girl at reception was absolutely no help, especially after I had washed my clothes and the drier wasn't working. When I asked her if there was a laundromat near by she told me it would take too long to explain. It felt like a very cold and removed place to stay.

This is a typical A&O hostel (chain hostel). It is cheap, the breakfast has to be paid extra but is worth it. The dorms are spacious, the toilets and showers are a bit small but than again this is a hostel, not the Hilton. Would definitely recommend it. =)