A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Strehlener Stra'e 10, Dresden, Germany

only stopped by here for one night but it was a good experience. The hostel is more like a hotel- I only had one roommate in my 4 bed room and I didn't see him until I was already falling asleep. I think he may have been one of the workers at the hostel because he didn't have any stuff with him. Very quiet, although they do have a bar on the rooftop that I didn't go to. You can rent a bike there (for only 10€ per day!) which is great because it's the best way to get around the city.

Good location - close to the station and 30 mins walk from the old town, easy to find, and right next to an Aldi. No kitchen though, and no breakfast included (you can have one for €7). Staff are nice and you can drop your bag off before check-in.

Staff not kind upon check in/ our stay didn't really say anything at all actually or offer us a map or anything. Also hard to sleep for is right by the tram outside our window & advertises that they have a sky bar and no drinking outside below the windows after 10 pm but that's a lie we were kept up all night by drunk people yelling directly below our windows. Washroom in room smelled like pee & wasn't well ventalated. U get what you pay for I guess. close to bus station, only + 4 here

When I arrived they didn't really introduce the city.

• 25th May 2015

The location was decent, very close to the rail station. A good walk to dowbtown which is ok too. The staff was helpful. Our room was disgusting when we got there. It was passed check in time, no one was in the room and it was dirty. Good everywhere. The staff said it had been cleaned so I asked for a broom and swept it myself. 20mins later the cleaning people came to clean t for us. It wasn't ideal.

It's expensive for a bed in a shared bedroom

Really nice place and close to everything.

• 8th May 2015

The A&O experience if you happen to choose to share a room with strangers (usually up to 4 in a room) depends largely on whom you end up having allocated to your room. It can be pleasant or equally unpleasant. Fortunately, at Dresden A&O, where I stayed for 1 night, I shared with one other person, which worked out well. The accommodation is clean and comfortable. Staff were accommodating and there was no problem storing excess luggage in the locker room after checking out, to explore Dresden.

• 4th May 2015

good buffet breakfast which costs 7 euros, location good, staff brilliant and helpful, will be back here. clean bedding and hot water.

Good location, good facilities, TVs in room, soap in showers, clean, walking distance to hauptbahnhopf, goid staff, good sheets and bed. Very good breakfast for 7 euros with everything - fruit, cheese, meats, salad, Fleisch salat, cereal, yoghurt, tea and coffee. Noisy school children throwing stones at the windows. Otherwise hostel was great!

Near the station, and with a good breakfast room. Simple, but clean and friendly and the rooftop bar adds something. We had bikes, and locked them outside, without issue. No inside storage, alas.

역에서 걸어갈수있는거리로 길도 일직선이라 찾아가기쉬웠고 드레스덴 구시가지는 모두 도보로 다닐수있을만한 거리고요, (물론 열심히 걸어서..) 하루면 다볼수있습니다. 호스텔 시설도만족스럽고 하나흠이라면 체크인시간에 직원이 혼자라 사람몰리면 꽤나 기다려야한다는점차라리 짐맡기고 관광부터하시는게좋을듯해요^^*

My train was late because of a storm and I arrived at 2:30 am (with a reservation) and was able to check in immediately without any problems.

No breakfast included, as it is at other A&O hostels No kitchen for making Your own breakfast Service in kitchen very rude If You pay with creditcard they will charge 3 Euro

Some of the staff were friendly, some a bit ignorant. Breakfast was very good, but the price a bit too much - 5 € would be a nice price.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Finland

A standard A&O hostel with easy check-in, clean rooms and rather-close-to-the-railway-station location. To the historical center the distance is however considerably longer. The only thing that I found annoying was that the curtains let practically all the light into the room. When they change the curtains next time, they could invest in a thicker fabric.

Friendly staff (thank you Martyna & Florian). Really handy for arrival & departure, a bit of railway noise from across the way (just to be expected), but otherwise relaxing & civized. A well planned combination of hostel & budget hotel. Ensuite dorm clean & modern. Nice airy design of reception-cum-bar-cum-tv lounge. Fruhstuck available at extra charge. A good choice.

Close to the main station, friendy staff, nice rooms! It was a pleasant stay for sure!

We loved our stay! It was very clean and extremely affordable. I would recommend this to anyone!

• 13th Feb 2015

Staffs were unhelpful. Other than that, this hostel is more like a hotel. Excellent!