A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Strehlener Stra'e 10, Dresden, Germany

Great breakfast. Rooms small but clean. Staff not very nice.

Loved the place! Loved the room! Loved my dorm mates! It's so central!!

다 괜찮은데 직원은 그닥 친절하진 않았던걸로 기억합니다. 위치 좋아요.

All in all a nice hostel. U are 5min. away from the main station and another 5min by tram to all main sights in the old town. There are many young families with children in the hostel and plenty of backpackers from overseas. Its not a party hostel, it's more like the quiet spot where u can sleep till noom (if no one snores). Only negativ thing is the breakfast. DO NOT GET BREAKFAST AT THE HOSTEL! For 7 € you get a basic breakfast what is in most hostels included! Check out the town for bakerys

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Ikzip

Being an A&O, it's generally busy. However, the place is nice, rooms are clean, and the bar at the top is pretty cool. Sadly, the reception had no idea about walking tours of Dresden, which is something that be posted in my opinion.

We stay there only one night. The hostel was very clean, near to the station but not to the city center. Wifi was only on the reception and bar

I really liked the facilities and the location but the staff was not very friendly even though they were willing to help. At times I felt like I was being an inconvenience for being there.

Didn't have a good experience at this hostel. It was understaffed and the girl at reception was absolutely no help, especially after I had washed my clothes and the drier wasn't working. When I asked her if there was a laundromat near by she told me it would take too long to explain. It felt like a very cold and removed place to stay.

This is a typical A&O hostel (chain hostel). It is cheap, the breakfast has to be paid extra but is worth it. The dorms are spacious, the toilets and showers are a bit small but than again this is a hostel, not the Hilton. Would definitely recommend it. =)

More of a hotel where you share rooms. Not advised for single travelers as it is mostly families and groups staying. Location is not central to the main part of town but good if you want to be close to the train station.

The rooms were lovely and clean, breakfast was really good with lots of variety, and not too far from all the main sightseeing places in Dresden. Only problem was that we had booked for a 4 bed female dorm, but the hostel only had record of a booking for a 4 bed dorm. Other than that this hostel was really good, and I would stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2014

Near the main train station about 10-15 mins walking. Room is clean.

simple clean accomodation by the main train station

• 24th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very close to hauptbahnhof, 20/25 minute walk to old town, 45/50 minute walk to new town. Though of course you could catch a bus or tram. Dorm was clean and spacious, ensuite was clean. Wifi pretty much didn't work in the rooms, so you had to be downstairs by the desk which isn't ideal. Not the most social place, but I think it's more geared towards large school groups, rather than backpackers. However, I still had a lovely stay and would recommend if you need/want an easy trip to hauptbahnhof.

A nice and quite place. Good and convinent service.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • China

Excellent location and clean rooms. There want much to see in Dresden so we only stayed briefly in this hostel

good for the chain hostel company

No free internet in the rooms, that's an absurd!! Not too close to downtown, but close to rail station.

It was not specified that lines were provided at an extra cost. I had to send an email and received an answer when I was leaving from home and had no place left for them.

• 1st May 2014

The staff was rude and made several mistakes. They put me in a room and then when I checked out they said I was supposed to be in another room. I shows them my paperwork with the room they wrote down (which was the room I went to and that my keycard worked for) and they acted like it was my fault. Also, the breakfast is terrible. Don't pay the extra 6€ for it. Stay somewhere else.

• 28th Apr 2014