A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof

Fabulous 1094 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1094 Total Reviews

30th Jul 2017

Great Hostel, but make sure you ask for a room that is not right by the entrance. At first we ended up in a room that was and the noise and smoke was a problem. The staff was awesome. They allowed us to change rooms and it was a great stay.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
26th Jul 2017
5.1

They charged me an additonal 5 euro for bedding and a towel. They also refused to let me enter the facility without purchasing "bedding and linen". This fee is entirely on top of the usual rate and is forced upon you when you check in.

8th Jul 2017

All great.

3rd Jul 2017

My room was fabulous with its own bathroom. Very convenient place just down from the train station and shopping. Very good place to stay

2nd Jul 2017

Good but slightly institutional a&o hostel

• charlie_wake3039
  • England, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
2nd Jul 2017
4.6

The hostel was not clean and I wonder how often housekeeping turns up. I arrived at my room and the key card didn't work so I had to get a replacement. The room was scruffy and a smelt stale. There was no obvious bed for me but I think that was because housekeeping hadn't been in to leave it presentable in any way. The worst bit was the night but this was not directly the hostel's fault as I had to share with three of the most inconsiderate people I have ever met. I'd suggest try anywhere else.

30th Jun 2017
8.0

Not bad in general. A bit far from the old town but very close to the main station. I don't understand why the charge you for linens instead of deposit. After all, I would stay here again.

21st Jun 2017

A&O Hostels has apparently solved the "last minute" booking problem for years in Germany by suddenly building unbelievably large definitely quality hostels in 14 key German cities plus another 7 in bordering cities. I expected a little mom & pop place. Indeed A&O Dresden Hauptbanhof itself has 8 floors of really pleasant accommodation - it almost can't run out of supply to the hordes of summer - it's the size of the QE2 already!

11th Jun 2017
2.9

It is not worth for the money you pay. Definitely bad place.

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

The female dorm was very comfortable and clean. The staff is so friendly and accommodating as well. My only comment was that A&O advertised that there was self-catering facilities so we assumed that there would be a kitchen of some sort but there wasn't. So we got a kettle instead for a deposit of 10 euros that is refundable upon returning the kettle. All in all it was a good stay =)