A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Strehlener Stra'e 10, Dresden, Germany

The location of this hostel is good if you want to be close (ish) to the train station but as a solo female traveller I found it an awful location it is 25 minute walk into town/attractions and I felt extremely nervous walking back to the hostel at night where you walk past a lot of unlit parks and dodgy residential areas and flats! Staff didn't speak very good English and I didn't find them very helpful! Was clean and room was spacious! Not a very social hostel from what I could see.

Not a place to go if you're thinking about meeting people. Full of families and not aimed at backpackers traveling solo.

Nice location, 5 minutes from the central train station. Bathroom and shower was in our room which is nice. The rooms were clean. For the price it is worth the stay, but don't expect much ambiance as it's an hostel and an hotel at the same time and most of the clients are hotel clients. I would still recommend it if your looking for a place to stay.

The tattoo girl receptionist was bit cold.

Just one night but a good stay! Female dorm with 4 beds, two bathrooms. Staff is pretty efficient!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • China

Nice and very clean hostel, big rooms. It is quite expensive though, no free sheets or towels, you even have to pay for city map! Free parking till there is some place to park. Location is ok, near train station and 20 minutes from city center. Atmosphere was ok, it seemed like there was a lot of mid-age Germans and families + some young people. All in all nice stay, but IMO things like towels and sheets should be for free in hostel, especially with high prices. Staff was nice and friendly.

Nice rooms with lockers (you need your own lock) and clean bathrooms. Think it's a bit steep to have to pay for linen but that's my opinion, it's not like it wasn't already advertised. Not much atmosphere if you're a backpacker looking to meet people, more of a 'school trip' kinda place. Excellent location though, right next to the train station and a nice walk into town - I'd recommend for layover but not to have fun.

A sleeping factory

This was one of greatest hostels I've ever stayed in. I was in rhe female dorm and the room was big. I liked having the toilettes inside the room and the card to access the room. The location is excellent ,400m far from the mainstation .It's perfect if you want to explore Dresden and if you need to leave early in the morning .Recommended

Paying for linen is such an outdated concept, and merely adds tunnecessarily to the bill. I rented a towel, that was of really terrible quality, and I would have dried better standing outside naked. It was really noisy outside, and way too hot! The bar was empty, leaving the place with no atmosphere.

very expensive for a normal hostel,breakfast is 7 E extra , no kitchen,parking is also extra , there were no AC in the rooms . The worst thing is the location it is opposite the railway tracks, ask fora room in the back ,or even better get a bed at kangaroo-stop.de in Dresden Neustadt

The girl on the reception gave us the wrong door card, and then told us the wrong door number so we had to go to her 3 times.

No personal Adapter!(No personal Electrical outlets!) No Locker! A little bit scared from the station to this hostel at night.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • South Korea

only stopped by here for one night but it was a good experience. The hostel is more like a hotel- I only had one roommate in my 4 bed room and I didn't see him until I was already falling asleep. I think he may have been one of the workers at the hostel because he didn't have any stuff with him. Very quiet, although they do have a bar on the rooftop that I didn't go to. You can rent a bike there (for only 10€ per day!) which is great because it's the best way to get around the city.

Good location - close to the station and 30 mins walk from the old town, easy to find, and right next to an Aldi. No kitchen though, and no breakfast included (you can have one for €7). Staff are nice and you can drop your bag off before check-in.

Staff not kind upon check in/ our stay didn't really say anything at all actually or offer us a map or anything. Also hard to sleep for is right by the tram outside our window & advertises that they have a sky bar and no drinking outside below the windows after 10 pm but that's a lie we were kept up all night by drunk people yelling directly below our windows. Washroom in room smelled like pee & wasn't well ventalated. U get what you pay for I guess. close to bus station, only + 4 here

1 2 Next » last »