6.8
Good 895 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 895 Total Reviews
A&O Hamburg City Located at Spaldingstrasse 160, , Hamburg.
Germany
Hamburg 20097 Spaldingstrasse 160
68% 895
53.5507300 10.0221600
    Rooms available

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016
7.7

It is a big hotel/hostal so you won t find a cute place. But everything was clean, the beds are fine, the shower is in the room. The internet works on the lobby.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
9th Sep 2016
6.0

The hostel is really clean. The room was nice and the shower and bathroom you only share with the people in the room. Locationwise is close to the Hbf, although on a dark strech of the town. The thing that i didnt like is that there are a lot of extra charges such as sheets, towels, everything basically, that are not informed to you in advance. Otherwise i would have brought my own. The send my a nice email to remember my of my stay and that information is nowhere to be found.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
6.3

At my stay there was a "technical problem with the doors". I had the very bad situation not being helped and able to enter my room, when I arrived in the early Sunday morning. The only one employee could not left the reception and open my door for me or others. I had to wait for over 2 hours until entering my room (sleeping 1 hour in my car + 1 hour waiting for someone opening my door). Despite the fact of this experience, I would go there again. But only if the door-key-cards are working.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
4.0

For everyone that plans to go to Hamburg, Germany, I highly recommend that you don't choose A&O Hamburg City as your hostel. In general, my experience with hostels has been quite positive so I really don't mind sharing the same space with other people for one/ two nights. However, this time it didn't go so well. Not because of the concept, but because of the hostel itself. Here it is why: - Guests are allowed to eat and drink in the bedrooms. When you are sharing the same bedroom with 7

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
3.4

I didn't get a key for my room due to some error with the system and I need to call the staff to open the room door. Around 3 am a staff came into my room and woke me up. He said the dorm is only for women and they have placed wrongly into that room due to system error again. I need to pack all my stuffs and move into a new room. Sadly they placed me into a 6 bed dorm while I have paid for 4 bed dorm. The worst hostel stay in my whole life.

• olindahl5839
  • Sweden, Male, 25-30
6th Aug 2016
7.4

Ok place to stay, but a bit to big for my taste. Not such a cozy atmosphere in the both hostel or the city area where it's located. I preferred living in the St Pauli district!

5th Aug 2016

The building itself it's a bit too severe, but you'll find roomy dormitories, comfy beds, helpful staff and people chilling out at ground floor.

26th Jul 2016
7.1

This place is both a hostel and hotel, they have a daily cleaning crew which is nice. Although the place looks a little rundown it is not bad to stay at.

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
15th Jul 2016
4.9

The place is terrible, noisy and dirty. The area is also disappointing - no bars and restaurants around the building. The only good thing about the location is that the metro station is near.

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2016
7.4

A&O is located quite far from the main train station in Hamburg. It is in a fairly industrial area on the outskirts of the town. Our group felt that the room was very over priced- we stayed in a 4 man room for one night only and paid €37 - by far the most expensive hostel we have stayed in. However, the room was clean. Expected breakfast included for the price we payed, which unfortunately would not.