7.5
Very Good 853 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 853 Total Reviews
A&O Hamburg City Located at Spaldingstrasse 160, , Hamburg.
Germany
Hamburg 20097 Spaldingstrasse 160
75% 853
53.5507300 10.0221600
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
4.9

I wouldnt recommend this hostel, especially to solo travellers. I felt unsafe getting there and I felt unsafe in my room. There is no age limits on the dorm rooms so I ended up with a 60-70 year old man and I'm a 22 year old female. The staff mostly unpleasant in earlier dealings but Mary was very helpful in changing my room to be in a female dorm. It is very clean but I think over priced for what it was and also the location. I paid for sheets and there were already some in the room on all beds

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
5.4

This hostel was a disappointment. On arriving, I sought the advice of the receptionist as to where to go in Hamburg and where to eat, as it was late and we were all hungry. She looked busy and distracted and showed no initiative in helping me, only replying briefly to the questions asked. After awhile, I gave up. As for the rooms, the pillows were flat and practically non-existent and the beds were thin. The floor and general area was not cleaned well. Noise from the streets was also loud.

• Estonia, Female, 25-30
6.9

This place is huge . If you're looking for something cozy then that's not a good option. It's ok to stay there for few nights if you just need a bed. I found it quite pricey and they also charge extra for bed sheets. We were asked at the reception that do we have our own sheets and if not we need some but when we arrived to the dorm then some beds were already made and others had bed sheets on them so we actually did not need extra sheets....and refund was not possible.

• WanderinDerWelt
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Jun 2016

This is the second A&O Hostel I've stayed at and the experience was very similar. Very clean and it is very close to an S-bahn and U-bahn station, which made getting around the city super easy. Breakfast is not included.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016
5.7

This place is huge. The downstairs bar was full of large loud groups when I was there, not too inviting for a solo traveller. The rooftop bar, which I was excited about (as the place has 8 floors of rooms) was closed when I went looking, and I couldn't find the opening hours. The location is close to the ZOB which is nice. There's also a Real pretty much across the road. There were leftover bottles from a previous group in my room. If you're just looking for a bed, the place is fine...

• persson_miranda919
  • Sweden, Female, 31-40
3rd Jun 2016
6.3

It was too much feeling of a hotel, I prefer (small) hostels. The athmosphere was not good. The whole complex was like a labyrint. The location could have been closer to Central Station and city centre in my opinion. The self service kitchen was terrible and dirty, and the door was always looked, even thought it should be open in the morning. The microwave oven didn't work as it should. I recommend you to save some Money and go to Hamburg Thor Metro Station and by cheaper breakfast.

14th May 2016
8.0

Very nice hostel, but more like a hotel. The facilities are very clean with lockers and the bar with a big meeting space was nice. Would stay again

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
8th May 2016

La verdad que estuve re poco. Es un lugar inmensisímo. Pero mal. Medio creepy si lo pensás de cierta manera, tipo que era un correccional de niños o algo así. Lo que puedo afirmar es que estaba muy limpio y al ser tan grande tenés muchos servicios toda la noche,

7th May 2016
5.7

Basically a hotel. Not a great location. If you are not a solo traveler would probably be fine

6th May 2016
4.3

Shared a room with 3 people in their 40s who were loud and drunk until the early hours, smoking in the rooms which isn't allowed. Felt like a converted prison. Other than my drunk roommates everyone looked miserable, not fun.