A&O Hamburg City Reviews

Spaldingstrasse 160, Hamburg, Germany

I think it should be made more clear that you have to pay for bed sheets if you don't bring a sleepingback yourself.

The hostel is for families and people who dont like party , if u are looking for parties this is not the best choice. The workers were not so friendly.

Good hostel very clean. But some staff was rude.

ok. no hostel feeling.

Pretty loud, and they should mention more clearly that you have to pay extra for bed linen.

When paying with my VISA Electron DEBIT card, the reception girls insisted this was a CREDIT card ... I explained several times that it is a DEBIT card, but she continued arguing with me. I don't know why this is even an issue - what's the difference if it is a debit or credit card?!?! I was in a 8-people mixed room. In about 3 o'clock AM three drunk teenagers arrived at the room, screaming and talking and they woke up the rest of the guests .. not quite a pleasure experience.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Bulgaria

Just don't stay here. It's in a horrible part of town, away from anything you would want to do. Staff were extremely rude. I had checked out and just needed to get my stuff out of the luggage room, and one of them told me to wait in the line, which would have caused me to miss my train. Security is so bad I just got another guy staying there with a valid key to let me in. Horrible atmosphere for 18-25 year olds, bunch of kids and old people there. Floors were dirty. stay elsewhere!

The A&O Hamburg City is located in a great position and offers a lot of facilities! Beautiful is the terrace on the top floor. The only painful notes are a little bit of night noise and rooms cleaning.

• 21st Jul 2015

Nice hostel. More like a hotel, lots of families and older people

Hostel's have come a long way since I first stayed in hostels 35 years ago. we were traveling with our teenage boys and the facilities were every bit as good as hotel. Very good value. Thanks!

The room does not come with sheets. You have to pay extra; I did not know about this and was disappointed that they charge for something that is always included. Many young children and old people, not the Hostel atmosphere that one is looking for. When I arrived to check in there were only 5 or 6 people in front of me but I waited more than 30 minutes to get to the counter. On the positive side: the room was clean and spacious.

• 18th Jul 2015

The hostel was fine. The location was kind of far from a train stop but there was a bus stop pretty close. The easy start breakfast for 3€ was great though. A little expensive and you have to pay for sheets but overall it was a nice clean place to stay

Fairly good hostel which has all you really need. Location is good but still not in the city center. Room was full with others who were nice and had no problems with any other guests. Shower and toilet in the room was good however they're two different rooms which can be annoying

• 16th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The room, bathroom and wc was very clean and the beds comfy. The reception staff can only be described as surly and unhelpful - any question about the town etc. were met with I don't know. The bar was OK but the worst part was the noise! All the doors banging, screaming and shouting until late and then starts again early. Don't go there if you want to sleep!

The room is good and cleen but the hostel is,all in all, just a place to sleep.

Very big hostel. Businesslike. Good breakfast.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Stay at Generator instead! Reception was always understaffed and the lady who checked us in was very rude. It's basically a hotel so there is no atmosphere & lots of school groups/kids. It's too expensive for where it is (they even charge extra for bed linen). Our room was hardly cleaned (bin emptied but no bed linen changed when people checked out). I wouldn't stay here again.

Nice Pina Colada

The hostel was very loud at times. Particularly our neighbors in the room next to us. Kinda spoiled the romance a little bit. However that being said, i can't blame the hostel for their guests actions, and the staff were very polite and helpful.

Huge hostel with clean beds and bathrooms/showers. Location is pretty good; a bit far from city center, but the U-bahn station is less than 5 minutes away. Staff seemed annoyed at having to help people. Hint to the staff: don't work at a hostel if you don't want to talk to people! I would probably check out a smaller Hostel next time I visit Hamburg...