A&O Hamburg City Reviews

Spaldingstrasse 160, Hamburg, Germany

One criticism: they need to do a better job of directing customers to their room. This hostel is 8 stories high and huge and I sometimes took the wrong turn. I didn't take advantage of their bars, breakfast, etc. Great location if you want to explore downtown. If you want St. Paulie, the metro will get you there conveniently enough. They charge you a €3 fee for linens. Came during a "university meeting", so they atmosphere may be a lot livlier than usual. In the dorm, basic fare.

Very nice hostel! I was shocked at how big it was, but very efficent. Only a few things, I didnt know about the 3 euros for sheets if you dont have any.. and also, they are in need of like 5 more receptionist with how many people they have. At one point the line for reception was down the hallway.

You have to inform/suggest that in the price the linen bed are not includd.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Short walk to the train, and worth your money. Would stay here again :-)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Overall was a good experience, but was one of the most rundown of the A&O Hostels that I've stayed in. The staff were also really slow which was pretty annoying.

Was not a fan of this place, most of the staff were okay but sadly one or two let them down incredibly. Pretty sure it was the most senior person also. Just rude basically and unhelpful. If you just need a bed this place is handy, don't expect any kind of atmosphere. The beer from the bar is also awful. Should probably clean their lines.

It was a very nice place to stay. Low price, good location, bar downstairs.

Average hostel - en suite rooms where clean but basic. Noise, other then slamming doors in the night, was not a problem. Staff where slow but this is the largest hostel I've been in and their are a lot of guests.

Big hostel with hice and helpful staff. We had a six bed private room with private bath. It ist very helpful having separated shower and toilette for a group of six people! Bar in the hostel very nice: Opens til late, showing soccer and sports on big screen! I recommand this hostel.

You have to spend another Money for foreinger and Bettdecke. And it cost 20 min to walk from Main Station to Hostel.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Staff is absolutely impolite and linen/sheet fee is ridiculous. It is 3 euro per person and it doesn't include towel. I think they are acting like that because of they earn enough money but I hope u won't from now on.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Turkey

just good for 1-2 nights. pretty average

In the main bar there is only the possibility to eat pizza and sandwich, it would be better if there were more options.

It may be big, but it was comfortable. I may be rating higher than I need to, but at the same time we weren't unimpressed either. It's a trek from the train station and across from a skate park, so location isn't great. To those who complained about checking in, yes it was a bit long but it can be long at hotels, too.

the worst hostel in my life

Got into my room, bed wasn't clean. Room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. Empty beer bottles were scattered everywhere - they were never removed during my stay. Reception staff I found to be rude and abrupt more than once. At times the wait for people to check in looked like it would be hours. Breakfast was ok, but expensive. Positive was the location, close to Berliner Tor, one stop from the HBF and making it easy to get anywhere.

Its a Hostel for School classes, bathrooms are awesome and all receptionists are nice. Would stay again if it wasnt that loud because of the Classes

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

A pleasant stay. Good location and very clean. The hostel was absolutely huge, which did mean it lacked the usual hostel atmosphere. However, if you'll be spending more time out exploring then in your room, this was a good place to stay.

DON'T accept the offer of the room number 134. I have stayed in the A&O Hamburg City for 2 nights. When I entered the room 134 at about 10 pm on 16th September 2014. I heard loud noise from ceiling, i.e. upper room. Being like a old or disabled man using stick to hit the floor. The noise was being heard about every 1 minute. I complained the case to the female staff at the reception. She told she would inform security for checking but nothing was improved.

it was a wonderful experience to be in A&O hostels...its really a hugeee facility & is quite well managed in my point of view. For check in, it took me around 5mins but check out was totally easy (just by putting the room key in a box). Staff is friendly & cooperative. There r a lot of activities which can be done... internet works fine. Location is good... strongly recommended ! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3