A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof

Very Good 883 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2017
5.1

You have to pay to for linen so bring your own. There isn't much of an atmosphere apart from the noise coming from all the stag/hen nights. The shower holder was broken so I had to hold the shower head when showering. There was construction work done on my floor so it was fairly noisy throughout the time I was in the hostel. Would only stay here again if there was no where else to stay (inc. looking at airbnb) and fairly expensive for what I was getting. Hard to socialise with others.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
26th May 2017
6.6

My stay at A&O Hamburg Hauptbahnhof was ok. There were closets in my 6 bed room but no way to lock them. The location was a 15 min walk from central station and ZOB, so do not expect to be super close to the central station, like the competitor. The price was relatively high for a hostel and I expected a bit more service for that money. The atmosphere wasn't like in a usual hostel, rather a hotel atmosphere, no lounge areas. All in all it's ok, but not if you want to truly experience Hamburg.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
25th May 2017
6.0

friendly staff, but rather old furniture and not too clean. no lockers available (6 bedroom)

• shojazz
  • India, Mixed Group, 18-24
30th Apr 2017
4.9

The staff was not really cooperative. and they charged us for the linen which was not mentioned earlier.

30th Apr 2017
5.7

This is the first time I was unhappy at an A & O I was staying at. To begin with, my room had no curtains on the windows, so it was very bright all the time. Usually there are curtains. The sink in the toilet was clogged and kind of dirty. The room had been cleaned and I was the first guest to arrive, so I'm not sure what happened there. In the other room with the shower, the holder for the shower head had been broken so you had to hold it to wash yourself. Another ridiculous inconvenience.

• England, Male, 31-40
21st Apr 2017
6.9

We had no curtains in our room so would be awake by 6am and also look out for hidden cost such as bedding covers and towels! The hostel location ain't to bad 5-10 walk to main train station but I think there are better options than this hostel!

16th Apr 2017
7.4

Aside from the loud Germans barging into the room at 3 in the morning. It's not bad for one night.

• GabrielBDuarte
  • Brazil, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2017
6.0

The internet did not work at the room, I told the people of the hostel and they just told me sorry... you may come to the reception to use then... too bad for a hostel which says it have a good wifi.

27th Jan 2017
7.7

The room was small, but clean. Common areas are not the most welcoming, scruffy looking, €7 breakfast was worth €5.