A&O Hamburg Reeperbahn Reviews

Reeperbahn 154, Hamburg, Germany

We asked for a fridge to put out food, and the guy from reception said that there isn't one, but he can put it in the fridge behind the reception. Next morning, the food was gone.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Romania

The hostel worked for our needs (place to crash after the World Cup finals), but beware, they do end up charging you extra for linens without asking if you want any. (We brought our own in case they would charge but they just straight up increased our price without asking if we wanted to rent linens.) Also, it's very loud due to where it's located so the windows were closed making the dorm room a bit stinky.

The reeperbahn is not particularly a nice area to stay in as it's mainly if you want to go out and get drunk. However the surrounding places are walkable and beautiful

Good place for guys to stay, strip clubs and bars right next door, metro is close. best to be in a large group if you are just girls.

Staff was not friendly at all.

The stuff was nice and willing to help anytime. Our room was okay, the bed wasn't very comfortable and the blankets and pillows had seen better days... Our door lock was broken twice, so we couldn't get in our room. The second time they gave us a new room though, which was a little bit better, the bed was more comfortable. The hostel is located right next to the Reeperbahn, which is good for partying. It was great that you didn't hear any noise of the crowded street.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Good location with nice beds to sleep in. Absolutely no atmosphere here though.

I never received an email saying where I'd booked into. I booked in a hurry and didn't write down the name of the place, so I turned up in Hamburg with nowhere to stay and had to return home instead of staying the night :(

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The location was excellent, but that is the only positive. Unfortunately that is also a negative. Due to the location, it is very noisy at night and early morning. The security is very poor. The door to the room had clearly been broken into before and was not able to close correctly. In the middle of the night a drunk guy barged into the room thinking it was his room even though the door was locked. The door itself was cracked. Room was dirty too. Glad we only spent one night here.

• 12th Jun 2014

I payed a lot of money for a very dirty rooms. The sheets had blood stains. Som wild drunk boys were making a lot of noise and the staff made nothing about it. Poor choice, unfortunately. I do not recommend

I thought I needed to bring my own sheets and pillowcase which was not the case. WIFI worked in dorm room. I was able to change dorm to be able to sleep.

This place is a rip off for what you get. I had a private room and paid about 100 USD. The room was dirty, sheets were ripped, marks on walls in the room. The lock on the door didn't feel secure and the bathrooms were shared and could do with a clean. I wouldn't recommend staying at this hostel/hotel. The area outside is full of junkies/alcoholics and doesn't feel safe. The staff at check in were very slow. All in all an awful place.

I had no idea it was in the red light district.. I wouldn't recommend a girl staying here alone

You must diversify menu in your bar. Add sth besides semi-prepared food. And it wouldn't be out of place to include a cloak-room.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Lithuania

Really can't fault this place. We had 17 lads on a stag party and, having stayed in some pretty horrific hostels around the world, this was like a palace! Staff were great, very welcoming and all spoke excellent English. Clean linen and towels daily, well stocked bar and the beds were actually pretty comfortable. Positioned right in the heart of the Reeperbahn, we couldn't have asked for a better position. Even the toilets felt like a half decent place to throw up in!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Located in the heart of Reeperbahn, opposite the subway station, this hostel is tucked away in a courtyard directly off of the main boulevard.The facilities are good & the place is clean & tidy, especially the bathroom which was rather impressive in size for a dorm room.It's definitely not a place for relaxation and quiet time.This hostel is generally for party people & I'm sure during peak season it gets rather loud & rowdy.However, I would definitely recommend it as it's great value for money.

that was alright for a hostel, really big, like the biggest I have ever seen after over 30 hostels. safe, really clean but too big to me...