A&O Hamburg Reeperbahn Reviews

Reeperbahn 154, Hamburg, Germany

the hostel its the best , i mine for 7.80 € for night.

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Albania

Very bad atmosphere. It's very quiet and the common room could be much better. The pool is very expensive. They should charge per game and not for time. There was a disgusting smell outside are room for a long time.

The hostel was a good basecamp to explore Hamburg. At the heart of St. Pauli and the red light district and also not far away from the the Reeperbahn S-Bahn station. The two bed room was also average and clean. Warning: this is not a hostel for those looking for a quite stay in Hamburg,

The location is the best about the hostel, the staff is a little bit unfriendly, rooms are clean and warm.

During the three days of our stay the toilets were never cleaned! It smelled so bad. No soap neither. Friendly staff.

Too much noise at night, not because of the Reeperbahn, but because of homeless people living in front of the hostel, on the parking lot in front of it. Staff really rude, just don't care about you and don't try to help you with your problems. The cleaning guy took my towel (that I brought from home) and a pair of socks from my friend that was drying near the heater, and the turkish recepcionist didn't move a finger to find our stuff. Everyone can enter the hostel - really poor security.

cheap and sorta clean but in a bit of a shady area and not really friendly

Sex shop signage dances with neon and you know you're in the red light district, aka the Reeperbahn. The close proximity to nightlife is good. My low rating however is due to the fact that I complained to reception about bed bugs and didn't feel the issue was taken seriously. The response I got was: no apology, no refund, and 'here, this dorm here doesn't have anyone in, you can stay in there' - as if this were an every day protocol. Not cool.

it was too noisy till late time. There were so many drunken poeple in the hostel. I could hear every sound from the corridor, as if it is from my room.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Good locations when trying to reach venues on the Reeperbahn. You get what you pay for. The cheap price means poor security and no atmosphere. The facilities were okay. No complaints about the staff.

Located in the heart of the red light district this hostel is close to Hamburg city centre,excellent transport,night life,main sights & attractions. Stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm which was clean,modern & comfortable.Room had swipe key access and lockers within.Wifi worked well throughout whole hostel.Only downside of our stay were some of the people staying in our dorm room who were pretty unpleasant.Would recommend this hostel if you need a short & place stay in Hamburg.

Guests must respect the rest of the others. Hostel shouldn't let people shout during the night

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Spain

The hostel was neat and clean but the WiFi kept on getting cut in between, and even after getting connected, it was pretty slow

Sheets included. :) nice staff, had broken shower head, and one day cigarette smoke was really bad. We think someone smokes in bathroom.

A very large and impersonal hostel/dormitory, it's not a particularly nice place to stay, but it's very close to the subway and feels safe thanks to card access to rooms, bright and large reception with TV, snooker and bar. The room was bare but large and clean, like the bathroom (no lock though!). I suspect one of my room's guests was a migrant. Altogether decent value for money.

Only stayed one night as passing through. Easy to find and staff on desk helpful. Location not for us as it was more clubbing and 'gentleman clubs' but if that's want you want perfect! Clean room, nice shower and the breakfast was great!

The hostels is located in a seedy area and the fact that you can walk in and out with out really being checked isn't reassuring. But we had a decent two night stay here. It's bare minimum. The 6 bed room dorm we booked was spacious enough and the bathroom was large and clean. For the price you get a good deal, especially if you're just using the hostel for a bed and shower and not much else.

Most of the staff was extremely friendly. Building is falling apart though.. The walls and floor in the room slumps down in half of the room. It's a little concerning and made me wonder about mold etc because I sneezed a lot at first. Make sure ur comfortable with staying in Reeperbahn. I failed to educate myself on the area and turns out it's major prostitution central. The hostel is literally next to the prostitution house. FYI

The price was really ok, so I didn't expect much. Room was nice, but the shared bathroom was closed in our floor.

Over all this was a basic hostel, not the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I thought the guy on reception was very rude - he didn't smile, say hello or make use feel welcome. The location was good and it was clean.

• 11th Aug 2015