A&O Hamburg Reeperbahn Reviews

Reeperbahn 154, Hamburg, Germany

Hostel information said there was a dedicated bar within the hostel Mon-Sat 6pm-1am. Lies asi was told it was only open Fri and sat. The room was not cleaned during the 5 days were there, no fresh towels or bedding. The staff were less than friendly and the breakfast provided for 7 euros was just cold cuts, juice concentrate and no hot food. Other than the above problems the location was excellent located in the heart of the reeperbahn and 30 sec walk from the Sbahn. Will not be staying again.

• 1st Sep 2014

The room was pretty dirty when I arrived and hasn't been cleaned during my 3-days-stay. I could tell since the trash was removed but the toilet wasn't cleaned at all. I left a little piece of paper on the top of the toilet seat to check that and it was never removed. Besides that it was pretty loud which I expected since the hostel is on the Reeperbahn. I have a good sleep, so that didn't bother me.

The man who checked me in was friendly. The woman in which I spoke with upon checking out was incompetent, aggressive and rude. The restroom had obviously not had a thorough clean in a while (particularly the commode), but the shower was fairly clean. The location is wonderful for nightlife accommodation. A lack of open laundry facilities was an inconvenient disappointment, especially for travelers who are in need of one. Certainly not an ideal place to lodge while exploring Hamburg.

• 14th Aug 2014

Very dirty floors, sticky and stained. Many doors had been obviously broken into; it didn't feel safe at all. The showers had no temperature knob; water was cold in the beginning and then unbearably hot. The only plus is the location, but I'm sure there must be other hostels/hotels around which are not so crappy. Zero hostel atmosphere. Also very expensive for what it offers.

I was shocked on the kind of street that the hostel was on, was not comfortable walking on it around late at night when we came, strip clubs and prostitutes all over. The hostel was huge and we just stayed for a night and left early morning, and I'm glad for it.

I've never seen such a dirty hostel in my entire life

rod with shower curtain was broken, otherwise ok

The place was so central to everything around Reeperbahn and we had just been to a 5 day camping festival, so anything the hotel had was luxury. We were surprised to find that it was free towels and free linnen, upon arrival. The room was an ok size, in a shared mixed dorm, it was a bit weird to see two of the beds pushed together, with not much room to pull them apart. The bathroom shower was really tiny, but came with free shower gels and hair wash. Internet was ok. Didn't try the breakfast.

We asked for a fridge to put out food, and the guy from reception said that there isn't one, but he can put it in the fridge behind the reception. Next morning, the food was gone.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Romania

It was very hot in our room. And there was no air conditioning. Otherwise, we had a very nice stay :)

The hostel worked for our needs (place to crash after the World Cup finals), but beware, they do end up charging you extra for linens without asking if you want any. (We brought our own in case they would charge but they just straight up increased our price without asking if we wanted to rent linens.) Also, it's very loud due to where it's located so the windows were closed making the dorm room a bit stinky.

When I arrived, the staff did not help me for 15 minutes. They were very rude. The room was disgusting along with the bathroom. I felt very unsafe with the location of the hostel and the people in my room. I left as soon as I could. I would never stay at the hostel again. It is terrible.

The reeperbahn is not particularly a nice area to stay in as it's mainly if you want to go out and get drunk. However the surrounding places are walkable and beautiful

Good place for guys to stay, strip clubs and bars right next door, metro is close. best to be in a large group if you are just girls.

Staff was not friendly at all.

The stuff was nice and willing to help anytime. Our room was okay, the bed wasn't very comfortable and the blankets and pillows had seen better days... Our door lock was broken twice, so we couldn't get in our room. The second time they gave us a new room though, which was a little bit better, the bed was more comfortable. The hostel is located right next to the Reeperbahn, which is good for partying. It was great that you didn't hear any noise of the crowded street.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Good location with nice beds to sleep in. Absolutely no atmosphere here though.

I never received an email saying where I'd booked into. I booked in a hurry and didn't write down the name of the place, so I turned up in Hamburg with nowhere to stay and had to return home instead of staying the night :(

• 14th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The location was excellent, but that is the only positive. Unfortunately that is also a negative. Due to the location, it is very noisy at night and early morning. The security is very poor. The door to the room had clearly been broken into before and was not able to close correctly. In the middle of the night a drunk guy barged into the room thinking it was his room even though the door was locked. The door itself was cracked. Room was dirty too. Glad we only spent one night here.

• 12th Jun 2014

I payed a lot of money for a very dirty rooms. The sheets had blood stains. Som wild drunk boys were making a lot of noise and the staff made nothing about it. Poor choice, unfortunately. I do not recommend