A&O Hamburg Reeperbahn Reviews

Reeperbahn 154, Hamburg, Germany

The price was really ok, so I didn't expect much. Room was nice, but the shared bathroom was closed in our floor.

Over all this was a basic hostel, not the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I thought the guy on reception was very rude - he didn't smile, say hello or make use feel welcome. The location was good and it was clean.

• 11th Aug 2015

Great place to stay!

The hostel is quite far from city centre, in the middle of the red light district, lot of drunkards around, prostitutes in the night. Staff is not available at all, and every question I was making seemed to bother them. I would definitely not recommend this hostel. Rooms were ok

Great place - we stayed in an 8-bed dorm. Very comfy beds, clean sheets and towels, very clean toilet and shower rooms. Everything looked brand new. Our hallway was quite quiet as well. Wold stay again!

The room was clean, everyone was nice, we loved the neighborhood, the only problem was that the room floor was tilted.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

When we firts came in the hostel the staff member was extremely rude. We've had troubles with him in previous times too but this time he told us several times he is going to cancel our reservation because he didn't know how to split a bill for a hostelworld reservation. Which he did anyway telling us all the time he can't. And when I tried to explain him how to do it he started snapping at me and told me that he doesn't have to explain me anything. Great customer service. Not going back

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Perfect location.

Overall it was good

Good hostel clean value for money i would stay there again next time in hamburg

• 20th Jul 2015

Great place to stay for a few nights, very close to the S-bahn so easy to get into the centre and the staff were very friendly. Would definitely recommend A&O hostels, thanks!

Worst wifi connection I've ever had. The man in reception was very unfriendly

It was great for a night's stay. Great location, everything was fine. Our door handle broke but was fixed within 10 or 15 minutes.

Location in the middle of the red light district. People coming and going at all hours. Hostel was not so bad but location meant loud noise from the street and bad smells outside.

Nothing particularly interesting to say about the hostel itself. It has the facilities you need, and was reasonably priced and fairly clean... HOWEVER, although this is not the fault of the hostel, make sure you're comfortable staying directly behind a brothel and in the heart of Hamburg's Reeperbahn before you book. Although we had no real issue staying there, anyone with kids or particularly prudish tendencies may wish to look elsewhere.

Very bad atmosphere.

I have no complaints about this hostel, nice staff, great WiFi, has a good all you can eat breakfast for 7 euros, nice rooms and facilities, clean. The highlight is the location, extremely close to the red light district, brothels, strip clubs, bars etc supermarket is right by it, walking distance to the city center, highly recommend this place if your in Hamburg.

I can not connect wifi because it has not working. And they got exrta fee for tourism taxes. But I couldn't informed about these fee by Hostel Worldwide. the pther things was good.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

To be honest only needed this hostel for one night. Ok...but have other 'favourites' in Hamburg.

Everything was very good. Safe, near a S-Bahn, good places to eat nearby, not far from the Harbor and main train station with the S-Bahn, and nice stuff.