A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofplatz 14-16, Karlsruhe, Germany

My 6-bed-room inlcuding the bath-room (24€ for a bed) was really dirty. Blankets and towels cost extra. WiFi is with 5€ daily absolutely overpriced. No lockers or s.th. like that availyble. The main street with a lot of trams going on is quite noisy. I can't recommend this hostel at all.

Excellent!

Unfortunately, no lockers in the rooms and only free wi-fi in the lobby. Otherwise a fine hostel to stay. Very close to the railway station.

• 4th Feb 2014

I was in a private room, so security was irrelevant. I can't recall if tea/coffee was available at reception, but that was a feature of A&O Dresden. A&O is more upmarket than most hostels, and is much more my style of comfort and price level than most. I would use the chain on any future holiday.

One of the big chains so nothing special. The hostel is right next to the main train station and tram stops which is very convenient. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was packed with personal belongings as people obviously live there what made the atmosphere uncomfortable.

Well-loctaed hostel right next to the mail railway station. Has been formally a higher class total, which still can been seen on the equipment and furniture f.e. big bathroom and sleeping room and lobby. Our room was impressivly clean but unfortunately there are no lockers and you have to make up your bed by yourself and pay for sheets & linen.

Not enough power points, some located just below top of mattress, and thus impossible to use. Double bed in dorm is really weird!, You could wind up being expected to share that bed with a stranger!Contrary to what one staff member said, the 2 single beds cannot be readily pulled apart as they are squeezed in between 2 built in nightstands.Otherwise, excellent location, helpful staff, and very reasonably priced.

Got charged extra for bedding and using a credit card when I got there. Knowing this in advance would have been useful. The guy at the reception was really unfriendly. The room I was sent to had beds which hadn't been cleaned/changed. I went back downstairs and he begrudgingly changed my room to one which had an available and tidied bed. The shower was cold. Wouldn't stay again.

It's a good hostel and probably I would go there again, there were just a few things that 'irritated' me: - Some guests should be told more clearly, that if you sleep in a dorm, the room you are sleeping in is not for you alone; I got quite an aggresive 'Who are you?' and 'What are you doing here?' welcoming words when I entered the room. Hostel (staff) can't help that, but being clear to the guests might help! - One of the staff members was not really friendly and hospitable.

Totally not a hostel. More like a very cheap hotel that has collective rooms.