A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofplatz 14-16, Karlsruhe, Germany

Absolutely recomended! will repeat in other cities the same hostels! =)

Good hospitality

Very nice hostel right in the city center, staff is friendly, beds are big. I wore ear plugs because room was looking at the tram station witch is noisy, especially in the morning.

Great location for train station. Not so much for sightseeing, but it's a pleasant enough walk past the zoo to centre or a quick tram ride. Good breakfast buffet (at extra cost). Friendly staff. Next door to a decent restaurant. Dorm room was a hotel room with single beds and a bunk. No lockers but you can leave bags in a luggage room. The location means you might get some early morning arrivals in the room (2am then 5am for me one night).

I can't believe a business that sells nothing but beds for travellers actually does not automatically provide bed linen. They actually asked me if I brought some! Linen! For a one night stay! I don't care if it was in some terms and conditions, who reads that. What a naff business.

Overpriced value for what you're getting. Great location near the train station, though. And the wifi worked well. If you just need a place to crash before/after a train, then it's fine, just expensive. The woman behind the counter gave me incorrect information about train times, which almost ruined my entire day. Fortunately I asked someone for help in the train station, and they were able to point me in the right direction. No lockers in dorms. Pay for linen.

The room smelt of smoke however this is this fault of a guest who smoked in a non-smoking room and not the fault of the hostel. Great location right next to the hauptbahof and town centre. Walking distance to the trains and trams.

Right next to the hauptbahnhopf is very handy and central. Can do day trips to other towns from there.

Located beside the main rail station. Tram stop also outside the hostel for the short trip to the city centre.

This might just be your typical A&O hostel of that sort, but it's a really nice one with a superb location next to the train station. The staff I have met there was really nice, helpful & relaxed. It's got nice and spacious room with everything you basically need & good mattress. I particularly liked the luggage room, that helped me lot. It lacks a bit of atmosphere and it's not that social as it basically feels like a hotel - but that is just perfectly fine. I enjoyed it - thank you!

It was one of the nicest hostels I have been staying at, and I have already in quite a few (around 20) and I always looked for good overall conditions of the hostel. That being said, in this A&O hostel it got so much better, it was pretty much like staying in a hotel with more than two beds in the room.

• 27th Feb 2015