A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofplatz 14-16, Karlsruhe, Germany

Overpriced value for what you're getting. Great location near the train station, though. And the wifi worked well. If you just need a place to crash before/after a train, then it's fine, just expensive. The woman behind the counter gave me incorrect information about train times, which almost ruined my entire day. Fortunately I asked someone for help in the train station, and they were able to point me in the right direction. No lockers in dorms. Pay for linen.

The room smelt of smoke however this is this fault of a guest who smoked in a non-smoking room and not the fault of the hostel. Great location right next to the hauptbahof and town centre. Walking distance to the trains and trams.

Right next to the hauptbahnhopf is very handy and central. Can do day trips to other towns from there.

Located beside the main rail station. Tram stop also outside the hostel for the short trip to the city centre.

This might just be your typical A&O hostel of that sort, but it's a really nice one with a superb location next to the train station. The staff I have met there was really nice, helpful & relaxed. It's got nice and spacious room with everything you basically need & good mattress. I particularly liked the luggage room, that helped me lot. It lacks a bit of atmosphere and it's not that social as it basically feels like a hotel - but that is just perfectly fine. I enjoyed it - thank you!

• 4th Mar 2015

It was one of the nicest hostels I have been staying at, and I have already in quite a few (around 20) and I always looked for good overall conditions of the hostel. That being said, in this A&O hostel it got so much better, it was pretty much like staying in a hotel with more than two beds in the room.

• 27th Feb 2015

Your typical A&O Hostel. The workers at the front desk were extremely helpful. My main complaint is that our room only had very few outlets which were inconveniently placed throughout the room.

This is a clean and great value place to stay.

• 6th Dec 2014

Very good and so close to the train station

The location is great, since it is just next to the train station. Basically everything concerning the hostel was fine, but the girl at the reception seemed to not really know that she should be friendly.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

I recommend this hostel for its location at first, easy ro access by train, tram and car. We arrived by car late at night and this hostel was right next to the train station, it took us less than five minutes from the highway to this hostel. Very clean, well-equiped, towel and soap/shampoo were provided in each room. We stayed in a mixed 6 bed room. It was a very basic room, but quite big so we didn't feel that it was crowede. The inside and outside of hostel are very calm both day and night.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Stayed in this hostel for two nights. Everything is great but late check in almost killed me, so try not to arrive before noon.