A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofplatz 14-16, Karlsruhe, Germany

Your typical A&O Hostel. The workers at the front desk were extremely helpful. My main complaint is that our room only had very few outlets which were inconveniently placed throughout the room.

This is a clean and great value place to stay.

• 6th Dec 2014

Very good and so close to the train station

The location is great, since it is just next to the train station. Basically everything concerning the hostel was fine, but the girl at the reception seemed to not really know that she should be friendly.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

I recommend this hostel for its location at first, easy ro access by train, tram and car. We arrived by car late at night and this hostel was right next to the train station, it took us less than five minutes from the highway to this hostel. Very clean, well-equiped, towel and soap/shampoo were provided in each room. We stayed in a mixed 6 bed room. It was a very basic room, but quite big so we didn't feel that it was crowede. The inside and outside of hostel are very calm both day and night.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

More like a hotel than a hostel, but a good place to spend the night so near to the train station. Rooms have no lockers. Wifi is strong even in the rooms

The sheets I payed for were dirty and there was blood on the wall beside my bed, the breakfast was ridiculously expensive for what most hostels give for free.

Very nice location if you want to stay for a night before getting on a train the next day. Breakfast is pretty good as well. Definitely has a hotel feel to it, but it has everything to make you feel comfortable. The city is also gorgeous.

As close as you can get to staying near the train station without sleeping on the platforms. Literally next door. Nice enough rooms and staff are good as well. Walking distace to the centre of Karlsruhe, but public transport is available right out the front door as well.

nice, comfortable, good price

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Poland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The cleanliness was good. The washing machine broke and there was a problem with the water that was both out of staff's control. Generally I thought the staff at reception were helpful. The main downside to this 'hostel' is that it's really a hotel.

I stayed in the female dorm for three nights and it was very dirty. The shower was full of hair and there was no soap in the distributor. There was wet towels and linen of the floor. Despite this, the staff was very helpful and friendly. I had a problem with a girl in my room (she brought a guy in the dorm) and the staff intervened quickly. The location is good, just next to the main train station, but it's not in the center. If you're looking for a hostel atmosphere, it's not the place to be.

the WIFI system is...well I think the hotel makes it too complicated.