A&O Köln Neumarkt Reviews

Mauritiuswall 64-66, Cologne, Germany

I booked there because i've used A&O in Hamburg, but it wasn't at all like my first experience. To sleep one night it's perfect but don't expect atmosphere. Rooms were alright but ventilation would make it much much better. I think it was my last go with A&O

Not only was I upgraded at no extra cost to myself, it was seamless! They lobby was quite pleasant and provided all necessities! The location was superb too, it was close to an amazing dining/drinking street (but tucked away so as to be quiet at night) and was also a hop-skip-and-jump from the shopping malls and main plaza (where the Cathedral and the bridge are). If I come back to cologne, I know where I shall be staying!

• 29th Jul 2014

Good value for the money. Great facilities and staff. Though it gets full with school kids most of the time, and a little bit away from the city center, it's very reasonable for budget travelers.

The place seemed nice enough, apart from being a bit messy. The rooms were well kept and quite spacious. The staff on arrival were rude and unhelpful! Although the site said there was parking available, we were told we couldn't park in the garage when we arrived and instead had to pay to park on the street. Overall, not bad.

like a large office block with grumpy staff altho to be fair i arrived auite late so perhaps they were all tired. there is no kitchen so no fridge or anything like that and no atmosphere at all. good location and that is all, if you arrive with time to go to one that isnt quite so close to town i would recommend staying elsewhere. clean rooms tho.

This hostel was a little overpriced for how far it was from the center of the city. Overall, a good hostel to stay in based on cleanliness and security.

This place was very difficult to find, but once I did find it, the facilities were great. The place was really clean and the staff was very nice. It was close to many major areas in town and you could walk most everywhere.

I did fill in a written one of these, really loved the 6 euro breakfast with toast and tea available amongst the all we could eat, not so easy to find in many more expensive places, good firm bed, wifi, TV , nice staff, a free wifi or half hour free on shared PC would have helped for printing off travel checking, but we managed.

• 16th May 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Female Group, 41+

This hostel charges you for sheets, for wifi access in the rooms, and nickel and dimes you for every little thing. Cancelled my last night at this hostel to move to another one in Cologne. Would never stay at another A&O after this one.

Good location near the lively university area and not too far from the city centre. Room was clean and nice, and staff were friendly. This is a very large hostel which is more like a budget hotel with shared rooms. It does have a bar, but this is not the place to stay if you want to make friends with the staff or fellow travellers(a lot of school groups stay here).

It works for me and it's much better than others I've tried in the same price range. great location! I've stayed here before and would happily stay here again.

Internet only in the lobby, not in the rooms

I enjoy staying there..thanks for ur hospitality...

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Will have a convenience fee for credit card, and the place is a little noisy.

Spent a lot of time at the lobby having drinks during carnival, it was so much fun and the staff was very accommodating.

• 1st Mar 2014