A&O Köln Neumarkt Reviews

Mauritiuswall 64-66, Cologne, Germany

Well you are centrally located, but the main things to see in the city are near the cathedral so 30 min walking is quite something, if the price were lower would be perfect.

All the staff were total zombies. Not friendly at all

• 29th Apr 2015

I liked the friendly staff. The location was easy to reach. The internet functioned well, although some past reviews said it didn't :) Also a lot depends on the people who you share the dorm with. There wasn't storage shelves for travellers to keep their luggage/clothes, or even hang a wet towel. There was although a coat rack. No free towel, so you have to carry your own towel. The bar was also out of food the one night I was there, but the bar-woman's charm made up for it :)

• 15th Mar 2015
  • India

when i checked in, i don't know the fee exactly. and i think i have to pay for fee except for reservation fee. but they required sheet fee, tax fee, and if you pay for the card, card charge. Except for that, others is very good. like location, clean,. etc..

Lamentable and surreal experience at this hostel. I arrived on a Saturday night with my hotelsworld booking, there was a young guy with a huge nose ring that told me the booking is canceled. For what reason is canceled? "I do not know" Who has canceled it? "I don't know, I can help you". Incredible but true. I showed him my copy of bookind, he spoke to me like I was a 20 years old boy like him and told me until Monday no one can clarify me anything. Is this hospitality?

There is no kitchen at the hostel and there is absolutely no hostel atmosphere despite the bar. Very boring place to stay. The staff were ok, one of the ladies was really rude and did not want to help at all. The location is good, price is really good and clean. Also, not too many people in the room. Not a place to go if you want to make friends.

Good location, near to the shopping area, very helpful staff, good value for price.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Latvia

it was not that well notices that you needed to take your own sleepingbag or pay for sheets! The staff wasn't that helpfull in giving some information or map, .... . Clean nice room, well located though

The hostel was very clean and well located but I felt nickel-and-dimed at every corner as they make you pay for sheets, 7 euros just to breakfast, if you want better internet, etc. check-out after 10 am is additionally charged as well. I feel like I could have stayed at a nicer hostel that included breakfast and sheets and had the price come out to be cheaper than what they would have charged for everything. However, the facilities were nice and the rooms were very clean so on that, excellent.

Very clean and safe hostel. Kitchen seems to close early and I didn't see any hostel members food stored. It seems that customers cooking food is not allowed. Maybe management will respond to this!? Reception has a bar area and this is the main social area. Overall, clean, safe, good location...but lacking cooking facilities and characterl.

Wè stayed at the hotel part, let me state first. It was a pleasant stay, rooms are spacious enough and clean. At first, it may seen a bit far from the center but the location is easy to reach. At hotel, they don't give you disposable slippers, so bring your own. Housekeeping is slow and could be faster, but the ladies are helpful. Overall experience is highly positive, when we consider the reasonable price that we've paid for.

I‘m really satisfied about this hotel. comfortable and clean and it's not very far from downtown.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • China

Iam traveling alone from California and I booked 3 nights. I changed my mind and emailed them to cancel because I could not call and they never replied to my email so now I have to pay for 3 nights in which I did not stay in all because they never replied to my email. I have never had this happen to me. I have changed/canceled a couple of times since I've been here and it has not been a problem they have emailed me back within hours so i don't know what is going on here.

Need a Better atmosphere

Really nice hostel with a clean and cosy environment. The facilities were proper and the structure offered since the arrival was really good! Thus, it is close to downtown and all sort of shops. I do recommend it.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Unfriendly staffes,

Nice staff. Helped us to find nice places where to go in the evening (restaurants,bars). The location is really good, not so touristic but nearby local bars for students. Everything is reached by foot.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Finland

You had to pay for sheets and a towel. The kitchen downstairs is for groups only. Honestly this should just be considered a cheap hotel with bunk beds. It was a pretty boring hostel to stay in. The beds were uncomfortable and I was kept up all night by a giant group of visiting school kids that ran up and down everywhere. There's absolutely no atmosphere or feel in the rooms. It's a long walk to the city center but there is a decent street with shops nearby.

My room smelt, but they moved me to another room, which was nicer. So good service there. Breakfast was alright. Neglected to tell me happy hours at the bar was 7-8pm. More like a Hotel feeling. Loads of children on school camp. Location was a bit out of the centre, but wasn't too bad if you are happy to walk. I may stay again, or perhaps try another hostel next time. I may recommend a friend here, so it wasn't too bad

An awesome budget hotel to stay at while discovering Cologne!

• 9th Dec 2014