A&O Köln Neumarkt Reviews

Mauritiuswall 64-66, Cologne, Germany

Very clean and tidy, friendly staff. A little bit of a walk out of town though. Not for people who like meeting lots of people - this doesn't have the small cosy feel some other hostels have. Would recommend otherwise.

Really nice hostel, located centrally, Staff were so friendly and helpful good for a laugh, hostel was clean with big spacious rooms and a nice HOT SHOWER and clean bathrooms. Need to get more carparks we had a car and couldn't park it anywhere, or offer when you book to reserve a car park in advance, because after travelling 14 hours not great to then have to drive around and around a city to find a park.

The reception(female staff) is quite cold to me and show impatience by her body language.

The kitchen to cook your own food was disgusting, it smelt really bad and there was fruit flies and flies all over the place. Not a place to cook and eat food, will not be staying there again...............

No complaints, was an enjoyable stay and has not issues at all with the hostel except the room got very warm at nighttime (4 bed shared dorm) as the window could not be opened properly due to health and safety. So, other than a few sweaty mornings it was a great place to stay on a budget.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I forget that these hostels don't have free Wifi everywhere. Of course, there is a common area where the wifi is free, but they make you pay for it everywhere else. It's also a little annoying (but, it seems, very common in Germany) to have to pay extra for linen.

The room was good, but bed light were unavailable. About the kitchen, it was not very clean, et there was very few dishes and tool...

Very clean, staff were friendly, but not a very social hostel. Still I slept well, and very much enjoyed the city :)

For security, somebody can enter rooms' hole because reception is far from the enterance door and receptionist may not see stranger. For facilities, in the rooms, lambs at the beds are out of the order.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I spent two nights here. It's really good with location and atomopshere.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • benedettablair32
  • China

I booked there because i've used A&O in Hamburg, but it wasn't at all like my first experience. To sleep one night it's perfect but don't expect atmosphere. Rooms were alright but ventilation would make it much much better. I think it was my last go with A&O

Extremely difficult to find from the city centre. rooms were clean enough but not a great atmosphere. not enough members of staff were on, we had to queue up ages to enquire at reception about anything (maps/tourists attractions etc). Easy enough to get to the city centre once you know the way though.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Not only was I upgraded at no extra cost to myself, it was seamless! They lobby was quite pleasant and provided all necessities! The location was superb too, it was close to an amazing dining/drinking street (but tucked away so as to be quiet at night) and was also a hop-skip-and-jump from the shopping malls and main plaza (where the Cathedral and the bridge are). If I come back to cologne, I know where I shall be staying!

• 29th Jul 2014

Good value for the money. Great facilities and staff. Though it gets full with school kids most of the time, and a little bit away from the city center, it's very reasonable for budget travelers.

The place seemed nice enough, apart from being a bit messy. The rooms were well kept and quite spacious. The staff on arrival were rude and unhelpful! Although the site said there was parking available, we were told we couldn't park in the garage when we arrived and instead had to pay to park on the street. Overall, not bad.

like a large office block with grumpy staff altho to be fair i arrived auite late so perhaps they were all tired. there is no kitchen so no fridge or anything like that and no atmosphere at all. good location and that is all, if you arrive with time to go to one that isnt quite so close to town i would recommend staying elsewhere. clean rooms tho.

This hostel was a little overpriced for how far it was from the center of the city. Overall, a good hostel to stay in based on cleanliness and security.

Don't expect too much. Just a place to sleep. It's a hostel/hotel combination. So here are all sorts of people there. Location was pretty good, walking distance to everything. I wasn't overly impressed with anything at this hostel, but after reading the reviews myself, I wasn't expecting much. Cheap, affordable, wifi, good location.

This place was very difficult to find, but once I did find it, the facilities were great. The place was really clean and the staff was very nice. It was close to many major areas in town and you could walk most everywhere.

I did fill in a written one of these, really loved the 6 euro breakfast with toast and tea available amongst the all we could eat, not so easy to find in many more expensive places, good firm bed, wifi, TV , nice staff, a free wifi or half hour free on shared PC would have helped for printing off travel checking, but we managed.

• 16th May 2014