A&O Köln Neumarkt Reviews

Mauritiuswall 64-66, Cologne, Germany

I booked a 4 bed female dorm which was confirmed on check in only to find myself in a mixed 4 bed dorm. The staff were not particularly friendly. Their job was definitely a chore to them with no customer service. Poor compared to the many hostels and hotels I've stayed in around the world.

• 22nd Aug 2015

I had book through the site of hostel world. And when i arrive the staff said the hotel was full. And also i payed and the said the money i will lost from hotel world..

Our expectation was low during at A&O Koln Neumarkt. The highest priority we have for choosing to stay in hostels is to be able to use kitchen facilities, this makes us independent and meets our dietary needs. Not realising it until we arrived at the hostel we had no alternative other than eating out. This raises the cost significantly. The meals offered at night, needed to be booked two weeks in advance. This is not flexible. The breakfasts were overpriced for us as we only eat cereal. Sorry.

Hostel location is perfect to feel the essence of colonge. The people are nice but the one things which I dont like is that you have to pay for bed sheet. Also there where certain information which was clearly not transfer like the breakfast details.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • India

Th hostel is very impersonal and does little to try to engage you or create fun environments for people to meet. On the other hand it is very professional. I would say this is more of a hotel than a hostel. I've stayed at a lot of hostels, this one is just not fun .

49% explains this hostel, it is average in every aspect. Wouldn't go back

Nice place... Everything was good and it is close to the centrum. There are lockers in the room which where great, place is also very clean (the people you stay with also have an influence) but in general a good stay... It feels more like a hotel than a hostel

It's really well located and well connected to city centre. One thing I find little annoying was that the room had poor ventilation. A multi bed room of 8 feels very stuffy and uncomfortable.

Clean, functional, well located. Dull, boring, full of 15 yo kids on guided holidays. Zero backpackers. Pricy breakfast for what you get.

It was nice, the room was clean and suprisingly spacious, good value for your money :) The only thing was all the extra costs like if you need sheets or a towel or if you pay with a card instead of cash.

Had an issue with another guest in the Hostel, but the staff dealt with it quickly and well. Very grateful for that. It is a little far away from the attractions, but is a nice enough city to walk through, so not an issue. Very large Hostel, and the 24 hour bar (serving well priced food) is very useful.

not enough electricity sockets

very dull place, bad neighbourhood. nice staff and nice room tho. cant complain for the cheap price tho.

HEADS UP: You will need to pay 3.5 euros for sheets if you do not bring your own...Who even travels with sheets these days? CONS: Nothing special about this hostel. It's a large complex and not a great place to meet people. There were many large groups of 10-20 people traveling which is great if you are in a large group. The line to check in was 40 minutes. PROS: Clean room, Location was fine, Nice that there is a bar downstairs if you are in need of food or a drink. Free luggage storage.

Well you are centrally located, but the main things to see in the city are near the cathedral so 30 min walking is quite something, if the price were lower would be perfect.

All the staff were total zombies. Not friendly at all

• 29th Apr 2015

Very clean, nice, and quiet. I was only here for one night but I had an excellent time.

I liked the friendly staff. The location was easy to reach. The internet functioned well, although some past reviews said it didn't :) Also a lot depends on the people who you share the dorm with. There wasn't storage shelves for travellers to keep their luggage/clothes, or even hang a wet towel. There was although a coat rack. No free towel, so you have to carry your own towel. The bar was also out of food the one night I was there, but the bar-woman's charm made up for it :)

• 15th Mar 2015