A&O Köln Neumarkt Reviews

Mauritiuswall 64-66, Cologne, Germany

Already i got the hostel at expensive tarrif due to the Carnival & Then I have to pay 7€ extra for the bed sheets & pillow cover which is normally given by the hostel free of cost.

• India

Its a bit far off from the center so I put Location as average. I think they raised the prices for Carnival but they were still reasonable. The fact they charge for sheets does not make sense, and 1,50 for a towel and 3 for a beer seems high. This is why the Value for Money is Average. Staff was excelent and very helpful.

• Spain

A good place, just there another customer took my bed with my blankets assisted by a person of housekeeping. You should be more careful. Great location!!

• Mexico

I was not satisfied with the information of parking, it was not written on the website that how much should we pay, and the parking around the hostel is difficult.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

They put us in room to dirty and we were with another guy that was there already 2 weeks.

I asked fir tourstic tips and the lady standing in the reception did not have enought info to offer. I had to grap a map by my self in the first day.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Egypt

I was positively surprised by the cleanliness of the room where I have stayed. Very well maintained and everything is very clean and bed sheets are fresh

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Kazakhstan

The hostel itself looked very run down and a little creepy. Their game room was a dark basement with a pool table and air hockey in it. The elevators shook and made noise as you rode them. There were only two people working the reception/bar area at a time, both never really realized that a person needed help in the other area leading to constant massive lines in their lobby. The wifi did NOT work at all in the rooms I had to go down to the lobby just to get wifi, which was still very poor.

Honestly a better experience than I was expected based on the other reviews. 1. Yes the staff are rude. 2. Yes you have to pay for sheets... but there are blankets and pillows if u have ur own. 3. The lounge feels more family orientated but can be a good place to meet people. 4. Cleanest rooms I was in during my traveling. Good sized washroom and shower. 5. Elevator does not work. 6. nofreewifi The reviews don't exactly match the experience. It really is not the bad. It is clean.

• 26th Dec 2015

Very poor WiFi sign.

The staff are terrible.Every time I saw the counter the staff were arguing with people. Most are very rude,I was yelled at once, terrible customer service.The kitchen was advertised but didn't exist meaning we carried 3 days worth of food from our car for nothing.The laundry service didn't work,the dryer had a message saying they were trying to fix it from 27/05/2014!Stop advertising it if you aren't actually going to fix it.I'm a laid back 23y/o male and I've never wanted a place to close more.

This is not a hostel, for sure. More like a cheap hotel vibe. A lot of families around. The only nice person in the staff was the Spanish girl. The others seemed bored. It is ridiculous to send a security guard to knock on the doors. I thought it was a scam and freaked out. Ironic is that he complained of me being on the phone late at night, but people kept coming back from the street being loud and noisy all the time, and no one did anything about it. Wouldnt ever stay here again. Dont go alone

I booked a room in this hostel because it was one of the cheapest one on the website and it had quite a good location in Cologne. Just arrived and the personnel told me that they were no sheets on the beds and I had to pay 3,50€ more (only for the sheets...) When I wanted to pay they told me that they added 1,5€ if we pay by card... About the breakfast, it is 7€ which is a bit of a joke for a breakfast. Adding sheets plus card taxes I could have found a better a place for the same price.

• 15th Dec 2015

The goods: The hostel is in a good position, near Rudolfplatz. The genersl cleaning good. The con: the bathroom door was moldy, not the best if you are allergic. The bunkbed were really uncomcomfortable ; one of the worse night i had sleeping on a matress ; not talking about the noise when someone in the room changes position in the bed.

I slept in a 6 bed dorm with a private bathroom and I was really surprised by the size of the room. It was really big!

• 11th Dec 2015

This hostel lies to customers, It is not made clear from the begining that customers have to pay extra for the pillow, blankets and linen. I was requested to pay extra for the above items. Why was this not made clear from the start so customer know exactly what is expected to pay. They make it look like you really making a saving but when you add up all the hidden charges its actually more expensive. I made a complaint and they simply did not care.

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Ecuador

paying for sheets, i was in a 4 bed dorm with a double bed and a bunk bed just shoved into what looked like it was supposed to be a private room. not enough plugs. Didn't have a hostel vibe more a family/school trip hotel. nice bathrooms and bedding but for 30 euros + 3.5 for sheets the price it totally was not worth it. id try somewhere else next time.

Poor service, very bad value for money, no warm atmosphere. They charged us 100 euros for a stinky 8 beds dorm. We discovered you have to add extra 3,5 euros to get blankets, I don't like surprises like these. Who the hell is travelling with blankets. Of course we will need them, thats a rip off to charge for this, it's no extra. The staff didn't give a damn, I don't recommend this place at all.

This is a hostel and hotel. Not a great common area for meeting people, as it feels more like a hotel. Rooms were very clean though with one toilet and shower per room. About a 30 minute walk from the train station. Decent hostel if all you need is a place to stay.

Hostel was really nice but didn't like that there wasn't any information about bedsheets and that they cost extra so I wasn't prepared for it. Price wasn't that high but maybe try fit that information somewhere in your websites.

• 2nd Oct 2015