A&O Köln Neumarkt Reviews

Mauritiuswall 64-66, Cologne, Germany

Nice place... Everything was good and it is close to the centrum. There are lockers in the room which where great, place is also very clean (the people you stay with also have an influence) but in general a good stay... It feels more like a hotel than a hostel

It's really well located and well connected to city centre. One thing I find little annoying was that the room had poor ventilation. A multi bed room of 8 feels very stuffy and uncomfortable.

Clean, functional, well located. Dull, boring, full of 15 yo kids on guided holidays. Zero backpackers. Pricy breakfast for what you get.

It was nice, the room was clean and suprisingly spacious, good value for your money :) The only thing was all the extra costs like if you need sheets or a towel or if you pay with a card instead of cash.

Had an issue with another guest in the Hostel, but the staff dealt with it quickly and well. Very grateful for that. It is a little far away from the attractions, but is a nice enough city to walk through, so not an issue. Very large Hostel, and the 24 hour bar (serving well priced food) is very useful.

not enough electricity sockets

very dull place, bad neighbourhood. nice staff and nice room tho. cant complain for the cheap price tho.

HEADS UP: You will need to pay 3.5 euros for sheets if you do not bring your own...Who even travels with sheets these days? CONS: Nothing special about this hostel. It's a large complex and not a great place to meet people. There were many large groups of 10-20 people traveling which is great if you are in a large group. The line to check in was 40 minutes. PROS: Clean room, Location was fine, Nice that there is a bar downstairs if you are in need of food or a drink. Free luggage storage.

Well you are centrally located, but the main things to see in the city are near the cathedral so 30 min walking is quite something, if the price were lower would be perfect.

All the staff were total zombies. Not friendly at all

• 29th Apr 2015

Very clean, nice, and quiet. I was only here for one night but I had an excellent time.

I liked the friendly staff. The location was easy to reach. The internet functioned well, although some past reviews said it didn't :) Also a lot depends on the people who you share the dorm with. There wasn't storage shelves for travellers to keep their luggage/clothes, or even hang a wet towel. There was although a coat rack. No free towel, so you have to carry your own towel. The bar was also out of food the one night I was there, but the bar-woman's charm made up for it :)

• 15th Mar 2015
  • India

when i checked in, i don't know the fee exactly. and i think i have to pay for fee except for reservation fee. but they required sheet fee, tax fee, and if you pay for the card, card charge. Except for that, others is very good. like location, clean,. etc..

Lamentable and surreal experience at this hostel. I arrived on a Saturday night with my hotelsworld booking, there was a young guy with a huge nose ring that told me the booking is canceled. For what reason is canceled? "I do not know" Who has canceled it? "I don't know, I can help you". Incredible but true. I showed him my copy of bookind, he spoke to me like I was a 20 years old boy like him and told me until Monday no one can clarify me anything. Is this hospitality?