A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofstrasse 13-15, Nuremberg, Germany

Bathroom was not cleaned throughout my whole stay of three days and it was dirty. The bedroom smelt of sick and remained the same throughout the stay. The manager was rude. Although most of the reception staff were friendly and helpful. There was a weird man in the dorm who I thought had Tuberculosis - he kept coughing!

• 28th Mar 2015

Great location. Staff is average and the cleanliness is good. I was surprised with the cleanliness of my all female dorm room. I checked in early in the morning and even though my room wasn't ready I was able to store my bags all day in the hostel luggage room until I could check in at 3pm. Id definitely stay here again.

This place is pretty nice and has great location (close to old town) but I had a terrible experience at this hostel. The majority of the front desk staff were not helpful at answering any of my questions about the city or even the hostel. You have to pay an extra 3.5 euro for bedsheets and you aren't assigned a bed. I stayed 2 nights and my bed/sheets were taken over by someone on the second day so I had to get more sheets. The room also wasn't cleaned. Also had middle aged men in my room.

The price is relative high for a hostel bed but I assume it is because of the event that was going on during the time I was staying. But the room is good and clean. A bit loud but you get what you pay for so it is ok. Staffs are very nice. Everything is good enough. Location is terrific! but it would be better if each guest has a small safety cupboard to keep their laptop or any valuable things when they go to take a shower or go out to explore the city. It's just the feeling of security.

it's very close to the train station, the bus station is just across the street, and the old town is five minutes walk away... it's very clean, it has a nice bar upstairs, you have your own bathroom in the shared room, blow dryer... it's great for the price...

The staff were of little to no help, information had to be surgically pulled from the guy checking me in. People were smoking in my room, not the hostels fault but when I mentioned something nothing was done. Otherwise a pleasant enough stay, clean place, nice beds, warm rooms

The staffs are friendly and helpful. The locaton is near the hbf. BUT, The kitchen is tooooo small that only allow two guests to use at the same time. There is not enough kitchen implement and not user-friendly few guests will stay at the lobby so no atmosphere can say

Just a typical boring A&O Hostel.

Its close to the train station but I think I caught it in the off season. There is not much going on in the hostel.

3 Euro for bedsheets (which are mandatory to have.) Other than that not bad, but definitely not the best. Especially for the price.

Decent hotel/hostel combo. Not the cleanest, but not bad. Location is good, it's 5 minutes from Hauptbahnhof and 15 minutes to the Old Town area. The atmosphere was good and they had a nice sitting area by reception with drinks and snacks available. The staff were friendly, but VERY slow and several didn't speak English too well. We managed, but it was slightly difficult. Overall, we had a nice stay.

Decent hostel, but nothing special. The rooftop bar was closed on a Friday night, which was kind of shocking. Clean and well located to just stay for a night, but not for partying or meeting people.

Good value and a great location. 2 minute walk from the Christmas markets if you're there in the winter.

Very convenient location and has all the necessities. No real atmosphere in the communal spaces but was probably just due to the date I was there. Would recommend.

shower room is sinked. This is so uncomportable. Others are good.

Staffs are nice but some of them are not professional at introducing the environment and answering questions about the hostel. the kitchen is so small... They don't have nice place to interact with travelers, that is really important to a hostel. only the location is good, not far from the center, you can almost go everywhere by foot.

Very close to central station and sightseeing places. I was satisfied with overall things about this hoste. But Wifi connection is very weak.

Very clean place in a great location, very brief walk to trains and to old town. I was disappointed in the staff. overall, they were not particularly friendly. I felt like I was being a nuissance if I asked a question. They just didn't want to help. I probably would not stay at another a

Great location! Had a comfortable and pleasant stay. Just the staffs should know better about the hostel rule as I was so confused with the bed linen...

This was a good hostel in a great location however the key to our room stopped working and the staff did not seem to know what to do. It left us with little options about being able to leave the room once we managed to get back in as the staff were not able to offer any alternatives or solutions.