A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofstrasse 13-15, Nuremberg, Germany

Very unhelpful staff, We asked where to go for dinner and they said the train station. Also our bed was full of BED BUGS, my sister was converted in bites and when we told the desk their response was "what would you like us to do about it" Also all the extra charges, ie sheets, credit cards, added up alot to the point it wasn't even close to worth it. I would NEVER recommend this hostel

For me, the location by the station was perfect, but others might find it too far out as it lies outside of the main ring road.

• 10th Jul 2014

BED BUGS !!! Our whole room of 6 ppl all wer invested with bed bugs , we all have bites and had to wash our clothes at 6 euros a load ... Not fun at all

A little bit noisey with construction across the road. Has a nice bar upstairs on the roof.

This hostel is very workable. It doesn't exactly feel like a hostel, but it's close to the heart of Nuremberg and very clean. It does not have air conditioning, so it can get pretty hot in the summer. All in all, it's perfectly serviceable, just not particularly social.

This place was absolutely disappointing. Firstly they took an extremely long time to process my booking when I arrived, over 30 minutes. Then they overcharged me and when I raised the issue, they wanted to photocopy my credit card. I asked for the manager to fix the issue but was initially that was refused. Granted that the overcharge was refunded, it was unprofessional and there was no apology. There were no lockers in my room and I was not offered an alternative until I asked for it.

Very convenient to the train station. Separate ensuite toilet and shower rooms. No lockers in the rooms which was not the best, and across from major building construction. Front desk severely understaffed during peak hours. Slightly overpriced (especially when you add in the linen charge), but overall a decent place to sleep.

It was reasonable price for the conditions it offered (good ones) and the staff was nice. The one from Dresden was even nicer - they let us leave our luggage there and this way we could visit Dresda much lighter. The girl there was very helpful ans smiley with all we asked for - that was 28th of June, so please Mr. A&O boss, give her a bonus! :)

Nice place to stay, I would recommend it. Staff are rude. Housekeeping removed my bed sheets a day early. No apology from the staff, I was made feel as if it was my fault. Beware of extra charge for bed linen!!

After reading reviews we were hesitant but we found it to be one of the cleanest hostels we stayed at. Breakfast was good and the guest computers all worked. We would stay there again. Very convenient to rail station

• 12th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is one of the poorer hostels I have stayed in in the last year of travelling. The hostel staff were pleasant but unhelpful. The beds were not changed between guests which meant confusion when new guests arrived and having to put on sheets (not included in price) at 2 in the morning waking everybody up. The lift wasn't working and no attempts to fix this were made during our stay. The rooftop bar was closed. Breakfast looked decent enough and location is good. Don't recommend it.

Everything is good! Except two things! There are two elavator but one is out of order when i stay there. And kichen is always locked, if i want to use kichen i have to ask to staff!

I have travelled many countries/cities and in a very very few I had to pay for linen bed, but this hostel charged more than 3 euros for one night, when my booking was 10 euros (30% additional to have linen bed/sheets that is free or included in other hostels). The receptionist do not give a map of the city and do not explain what to see. Any other hostels I was in Germany (4)they did provide maps and explain what to see. No wifi in the room, only if you pay extra, outrageous!!!!!!!!

The security is deficient. The only security between a guest and the man on the street is your room door. No secure access for the doors to the lift or the common corridor. And it's not like you have to walk thru reception to get to the lift/stairs that access the rooms. You have to pay for sheets, which I personally do not agree with. But I was aware of the policy before booking.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Excellent location, but meh for anything else. Lobby-based free wifi doesn't work at all; and if you have any complaints, you'll be advices to purchase paid wifi service. No drawers in private double room, with a notice stating that the room is not a safe place for you to store your valuables. Some staff do not bother to answer your questions, too pre-occupied by their own stuffs, luckily though one of them was a great help to our journey plan.