A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofstrasse 13-15, Nuremberg, Germany

Stayed for 2 nights. First night was like any normal hostel stay. However the 2nd night we had a very unusal women stay in our room (we think she may have been homeless). My friend and myself really didn't feel comfortable after awkward interactions with said women. So we went to reception to see if we could move rooms (aware that we will need to pay a difference). Staff very unhelpful and srugged off our concernes.

A+ for cleanliness! One of the cleanest hostels I have ever been too. Comfortable beds and a good location.

Great hostel in terms of facilities and location, with good access to information etc. Close to the main station and access to the main town. For the money, also paying for a breakfast maybe a little much I guess compared to other places I've stayed. While technically a good hostel didn't get much of sense of atmosphere. A little cold in that respect. Didn't really find any great social hub. Though was only there short time. This isn't too uncommon in large chain hostels though.

Get a room on the top floor for free wifi from the bar

Nice place to stay - not so much for solo travellers hoping to meet people but definitely would stay here again. Good location not far from the centre and really close to the train station. Nice rooms and good wifi

Not for lone travelers. Better for families and older people. it's a hotel not a hostel. Cold shower and no access to the kitchen without a key. rooftop bar only open in June/July. The 'common area' is a cold lobby. Good location next to main bus and train stations

The place is very nice, but, the must to have include at the price line beds to use ... and, one little problem is the lockers are very small for medium and larger bags. The price for the breakfest is very good, specially because the lots of things you have to eat and drink... The location is the best, only 5 min to main train station. I recomend this hostel to you!!!

Staff correct but a little cold. Clean place, great location, little expensive.

We stayed here for one night, which was fine. The location is good and it's a clean hostel. Although I think it's too expensive if you consider bedlinnens are not included in the price.

The kitchen was almost useless - There are no cups or deep plates, and the room is to small to sit properly in there to eat. There were people running around yelling in the halls all night.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Very unhelpful staff, We asked where to go for dinner and they said the train station. Also our bed was full of BED BUGS, my sister was converted in bites and when we told the desk their response was "what would you like us to do about it" Also all the extra charges, ie sheets, credit cards, added up alot to the point it wasn't even close to worth it. I would NEVER recommend this hostel

For me, the location by the station was perfect, but others might find it too far out as it lies outside of the main ring road.

• 10th Jul 2014

BED BUGS !!! Our whole room of 6 ppl all wer invested with bed bugs , we all have bites and had to wash our clothes at 6 euros a load ... Not fun at all

A little bit noisey with construction across the road. Has a nice bar upstairs on the roof.

This hostel is very workable. It doesn't exactly feel like a hostel, but it's close to the heart of Nuremberg and very clean. It does not have air conditioning, so it can get pretty hot in the summer. All in all, it's perfectly serviceable, just not particularly social.

This place was absolutely disappointing. Firstly they took an extremely long time to process my booking when I arrived, over 30 minutes. Then they overcharged me and when I raised the issue, they wanted to photocopy my credit card. I asked for the manager to fix the issue but was initially that was refused. Granted that the overcharge was refunded, it was unprofessional and there was no apology. There were no lockers in my room and I was not offered an alternative until I asked for it.

Very convenient to the train station. Separate ensuite toilet and shower rooms. No lockers in the rooms which was not the best, and across from major building construction. Front desk severely understaffed during peak hours. Slightly overpriced (especially when you add in the linen charge), but overall a decent place to sleep.

It was reasonable price for the conditions it offered (good ones) and the staff was nice. The one from Dresden was even nicer - they let us leave our luggage there and this way we could visit Dresda much lighter. The girl there was very helpful ans smiley with all we asked for - that was 28th of June, so please Mr. A&O boss, give her a bonus! :)

Nice place to stay, I would recommend it. Staff are rude. Housekeeping removed my bed sheets a day early. No apology from the staff, I was made feel as if it was my fault. Beware of extra charge for bed linen!!

After reading reviews we were hesitant but we found it to be one of the cleanest hostels we stayed at. Breakfast was good and the guest computers all worked. We would stay there again. Very convenient to rail station

• 12th May 2014