A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofstrasse 13-15, Nuremberg, Germany

More of a hotel than a hostel; got really hot at night, so much so that I couldn't sleep. Right next to the bus station, and a 3 minute walk to the city centre.

Overpriced considering the additional charges you will be forced to pay for (IE sheets). The much advertised rooftop bar was closed before 10, and the hostel's patio followed shortly afterwards. Perhaps not the biggest issue, however my stay was during a heatwave, and having the option to sit outside (as opposed to inside where there was no air conditioning) would have been much appreciated.

The key card system was out of the order on that day, and I couldn't get into the room because of the malfunction. The staff compensated me by giving me a coin used to get all I wanted from the bar beside the reception counter. extra fee for linen and towels. The staff is just average. The service ran slowly because usually there was just one or two taking charge of all work at the counter and the mini bar nearby.

The hostel was nice and easy to find from the train station, and it was located only a short walk from old town Nuremburg. However, because it was so hot we had to sleep with the windows open, which meant that we had to put up with the incredible amount of noise from the street all night. Our twin private room was nice, but we had a terrible sleep!

• 28th Jun 2015

Extensive breakfast but more expensive than others. Good hot water and separated toilet and shower in 4-bed room - efficient design. Thin walls, could hear neighbor snoring and lots of hall noise in central room. One room had 3 of 4 bed lights not working (2 were only missing connecting pin to wall) and no solution but to wait for housekeeping next morning. 2 small very slow elevators, full at checkout/breakfast = long wait. Internet fine. Big comfortable lobby with toiletries for sale.

• 20th Jun 2015

Stayed one night in a 4 bed dorm and was positively surprised by the room: one room with a shower and another with the toilet four only the 4 persons in the room. And everything very clean. Did not sleep so well though - but that was due to the other people coming back at different times during the night making a lot of noise...alltogether a good place to stay. Staff was very friendly.

Good and clean hostel. Very close to everything.

The hostel is conveniently located near Nuremberg's central station. It's facilities include free Wi-Fi. There are towels and linen but only for an extra 5 Euros. The rooms where clean but the shower drain was clogged. When I left my room, the door wasn't closing. No matter how hard I pulled, it didn't latch, so I went downstairs and told the staff about the door and drain. After my return, the drain was still clogged, I was too tired and forgot to check about the door. Room for improvement.

Annoyed me that I had to pay extra for sheets. pretty good hostel but not one that you would really spend much time at

Great location, but none of the facilities I would like in a hostel: sheets, towels, wifi in the rooms.

Great place on stay for a couple of days.

Pretty good hostel, the staff really helpful and friendly. Wifi only in common area frustrating! Have to pay extra for linen and no breakfast included, thought that made the price a bit much. Not really any atmosphere in the bar, would be great for there to be some organised stuff for people to do. Easy walk to the old town.

Bathroom was not cleaned throughout my whole stay of three days and it was dirty. The bedroom smelt of sick and remained the same throughout the stay. The manager was rude. Although most of the reception staff were friendly and helpful. There was a weird man in the dorm who I thought had Tuberculosis - he kept coughing!

• 28th Mar 2015

Great location. Staff is average and the cleanliness is good. I was surprised with the cleanliness of my all female dorm room. I checked in early in the morning and even though my room wasn't ready I was able to store my bags all day in the hostel luggage room until I could check in at 3pm. Id definitely stay here again.

1 2 Next » last »