A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofstrasse 13-15, Nuremberg, Germany

It was very hot when we got there, and there is no air con so it was not the best; the room are ok. it can be very noisy if u have a room by th street.

Good location. Good service. I would go back to it again. Breakfast is nice but a little expensive.

I booked into a mixed dorm (for myself and a male travel friend) and was put into a private room/shared bed with no consultation, which was an uncomfortable situation. The room was hot with no ventilation except a window which opened over the bed so I could not move all night or had to sleep in extreme heat. Also, the noise from the street was deafening. This hostel has no atmosphere and is not suited to a solo traveller or anyone looking to be social and meet people.

its a good hostel, and close to the hbf, but so is the 5 reasons - go there instead, if you can.

The rooms are more low-budget hotel than lively hostel. Really odd atmosphere/no atmosphere. Nothing goes during the week and there are more families. However if you just want a bed, stay, but you will be put in an awkwardly small room with people. Clean though!

• 4th Aug 2015

The hostel was really near the station and the centre of town. It was nice and clean. There wasn't much to do as the rooftop bar only opened at the weekend and no fun was allowed after 10pm (outdoor seating closed, pool table off limits). I had a nice quiet stay and met some friendly people from my dorm but it was hard to meet anyone else. Good value, simple place to stay.

I've been in quite a few hostel but I've never seen one with a "double bed" in a mixed dorm. And I definitely don't think that it's appropriate. Otherwise everything was clean and the location is pretty good too..

Very nice place and very close to the central station. My only complaint is how much they charge for everything! If you don't bring your own sheets they charge about 4 euros so some people didn't take the sheets and just sleep on the bed with no sheets how disgusting!

Nice and clean hostel, but there wasn't much of an atmosphere.

Not great atmosphere, but the facilities were fine. If you're looking to meet people or traveling solo, give it a miss.

More like a hotel, location is very good, but they need to put more staff at the reception, often long queues.

Discussing! Never cleaned piles of dust and skin. Shower glass was broken and shower clogged and there were balls of hair in and around the bathroom. Laundry was broken also. Next time I will sleep outside with the homeless and feel clenlier.

Not so great atmosphere. Price is relatively high in comparison with what you get. Wifi is bad. Bar upstairs was closed early on beautiful summer day.

Tha Hostel has an excellent location. The staff is not friendly. They don´t stimulate any activity. There are optins on the board but nothnig exciting. I recomend this hostel for those who have thier own travel plan. It´s located nearby bus station, train satation, city center and tourist information.

Everything was good, there's a nice little bar on the top floor, the rooms are a lot nicer than I expected so yeah it was great, and the location is perfect.

• 18th Jul 2015

It was ok, kind of expensive for what it was

Very clean. Bring you own sheets if you don't want to spend a few euros for them!

I only stayed for 1 night, but it didn't have much atmosphere. The bar downstairs wasn't very inviting and mainly empty (despite the hostel being booked out), so not great for meeting people. The rooftop bar was closed when I was there. The wifi also doesn't work in the rooms, only downstairs. Breakfast was great though and the rooms were comfortable.

The Hostel is clean and safe. The atmosphere wasn't great, I didn't meet many people during my stay. The wifi is excellent but only works in the lobby. Also, I found it odd and uncomfortable that my single bed was side by side with another single bed so a stranger slept right beside me as if in a king sized bed... But all the other beds in the room were top bunk/bottom bunk style.

More of a hotel than a hostel; got really hot at night, so much so that I couldn't sleep. Right next to the bus station, and a 3 minute walk to the city centre.