A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Bahnhofstrasse 13-15, Nuremberg, Germany

This was a good hostel in a great location however the key to our room stopped working and the staff did not seem to know what to do. It left us with little options about being able to leave the room once we managed to get back in as the staff were not able to offer any alternatives or solutions.

I only stayed for one night, but I had a good experience there. The location is key. It's right around the corner from the Hbf (Main Train Station). Just maybe 4-5 mins walk. The rooms were clean and the staff was courteous. The rooms had key cards and you needed one to get on your floor as well, so security was good. The wifi was a little sketchy, but it worked fine after consulting the desk clerk.

It wasn't awful. The four bed female dorm was actually quite nice and the hostel was quiet. But it is mostly a hotel, and despite it being a short walk from the Christmas market I was still hesitant to pay what I did for the room. Lots of young people here none the less because of the little availability of Nuremberg hostels, but definitely not a backpackers place.

Everything is perfect, especially the location!!! If you have a future plan for going christmas market in Nurnberg, I recommend you can stay here because it takes about 10 mintues on foot from market to hostel as well as central station.

I don't know if it would have been too much to ask to take at least the used sheets out of the room when someone left the day before, when I came to my room, there were sheets of every bed, which made it hard to decide which one was not taken... also the sheets they gave me at the reception were not really clean, and the staff seemed uncoordinated... The only positive thing was the location right next to the bus station and only a short walk from the train station.

• 22nd Nov 2014