A&O Prague Metro Strizkov Reviews

Decinska 1, Prague, Czech Republic

A good place for group travelers, not the best for solo but the price is good.

I have stayed in over 80 hostels around the world, this is the first time ever I was charged for the 'privilege' of having bedsheets! They have nowhere near enough staff for the number of guests in the hostel - and some of the staff they do have are very rude - wifi is non-existent unless you pay for an upgrade & the drinks at the bar cost more than the most expensive Prague nightclubs! The only positives I can offer are that the rooms are very clean & they refunded me when I didn't want to stay

It was a really bad experience there. The internet conection is joke because it almost doesn't existe and for a hostel it must be very important, our group had many problems because of this, everything is expansive, even if yiu want to drink a water, the stuff are rude, there is no wall socket our lamps beside the bed and, believe, a friend found used condoms on the WC on the same floor of the reception. I would never come back.

The staff is not kind

The wifi connection is very poor.

The staff didn't know much about the services provided by the hostel, and they gave me the wrong bill when I checked in.They are not very polite and helpful as well. The wifi was poor and the elevator is old and not functioning well, it takes us to the 15th floor where there was NO 15th floor, it is a 14- story building. That's rather dangerous and scary. The good thing is that the room is tidy and clean.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Our experience was in a Private room so we have included the linen, breakfast and towels. It was a great surprise because this information was not in the website. We really enjoyed our stay with a nice view over Prague. Perhaps this is the only advantage of the distance between the hostel and the city center. The directions were not helpful to find the street of the hostel when we left the Metro Station. We sugest a signpost with the name of the hostel or with the name of the street at least.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Portugal

This hostel is great value for the price, considering it's actually a budget hotel with bunk beds in dorms and all the usual basic hotel facilities. Good security, clean and well equipped. The only disadvantage is the location over 10 km outside of Prague. And it's hard to find when you get off the bus or metro, but at least the metro stop is close and it's just outside one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I would definitely recommend it to other travels headed to Prague.