A&O Prague Metro Strizkov Reviews

Decinska 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Our experience was in a Private room so we have included the linen, breakfast and towels. It was a great surprise because this information was not in the website. We really enjoyed our stay with a nice view over Prague. Perhaps this is the only advantage of the distance between the hostel and the city center. The directions were not helpful to find the street of the hostel when we left the Metro Station. We sugest a signpost with the name of the hostel or with the name of the street at least.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Portugal

This hostel is great value for the price, considering it's actually a budget hotel with bunk beds in dorms and all the usual basic hotel facilities. Good security, clean and well equipped. The only disadvantage is the location over 10 km outside of Prague. And it's hard to find when you get off the bus or metro, but at least the metro stop is close and it's just outside one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I would definitely recommend it to other travels headed to Prague.

Staff was really friendly, food was great. It was just very hot and the lift is a little outdated and therefore slow and sometimes the one is stuck on the first floor.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Not enough staff at the reception desk. Extra payment for linens. No AC in the room, but You can NOT open the windows - no handles. A lot of dust in the air. I couldn't sleep. That night was a nightmare. Slept like 2 hours and run away from there as soon as possible.

Me and my 2 friends ( all girls) stayed in A&O hostel in Prague for 3 nights. The hostel was huge and full of guests, our room was clean and equipped with all the facilities but we cannot do the laundry because the washing machine doesn't works, don't know why. We slept in a room with 4 beds, one of them remain free for 2 nights, the last night there was a surprise: an unknown guest ( boy) comes to occupy the fourth bed, but the staff didn't inform us. Aniway, we enjoyed our stay.

• 7th Aug 2015

I stayed here on and off for about a month. Many of the nights I was paying 8 € and many times I was the only one in the room. Given, it is far away from the centre but it is near the metro line and a bus stop. There are loads of supermarkets in the area as well as a very nice, modern park. The kitchen facilities could do with changing: the fridge remains rather small and the stove doesn't work very well. They also have a weird sheet situation going on. NIce lockers. and normally two bathrooms.

It's cheap and clean, but it's very far for the city center, you have to take the metro for more than 20 minutes to get there

Location is fine (1 metro line to city), beds are comfy but don't expect much else. Advertised w kitchen: 1 fork for 500 guests it's a joke. A note says to label food (which we did). Next morning our entire food bag was chucked in the bin!!! When we complaint, staff all of a sudden 'didn't speak English' take responsibility man. It's like they make it so unattractive to cook, they nearly push you in to buying their meal deal. It's a hostel for crying out loud, BUDGET travellers..

the money was good, everywhere was clean BUT the kitchen was very in a bad condition: no cutlery, hardly any plates, a broken cook and a noise breaking smell...

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Turkey

Staff was rude. Bathroom flooded every time someone showered.

Staff have been given much too long hours to work, they were over worked and exhausted, we got charged for sheets and when I payed the money I noticed I didn't get a pillowcase and was told if have to pay extra for one, bar was way overpriced, kitchen facilities were awful, it's not an absolutely horrendous place to stay just very sneaky with the hidden costs, basically this hostel is a sad example of capitalism

Cold water in the morning very hard to take a shower in that condition

This was a good hostel, and it was quite close to the metro station, it is quite a while from the main train station but that wasn't a problem at all. Staff was also very nice. The wifi in our room worked on one half and on the other half of it didnt. So 2 of the 4 had wifi in the room. In the kitchen and lounge there was good wifi tho. The room was quite small and narrow but thwat doesnt really matter since you'll only be there to sleep. it was a good sleep

Staff don't know anything about anything, and none of them speak peoper english. Otherwise, it is clean, cheap and convinient. It's located half an hour outside the city center, but it is close to a metro station so it's easy to reach Prague.

• 19th Jul 2015

The staff of this hostel ruined my experience there. Unhelpful in every aspect. I was checked into a dirty room and there solutions were "we have no other clean rooms. you can still sleep in there" luckily some friends of mine were also staying in the hostel and had an entire 8bedroom for the two of them. I would recommend finding a spot in Prague that's a lil more friendly.

Out of the 4 days there was 1 day without hot water in the morning and 1 day there was no water at all which caused so much inconvenience. Hostel was clean but cleaners entered to our room 20mins before the check out time... Breakfast was abundant and delicious. But first and last it was a good stay.

this hostel was lively, it was very clean and the facilities where greatm the only downside was they journey into the centerfield of Prague and having to pay for bed linen! the metro into Prague was very fast and cheap and there's even a night bus home if you want to go out drinking. I think the staff member that served us was brand new as he didn't really know what he was doing so service was very slow.

I couldn´t sleep for more than 4 or 5 hours cause the guy in my room invited people from outside the room to drink and listen to music there. We told them three times to keep it down but they wouldn´t. In the morning there was no warm water and the wifi didn´t work that well.

The hostel had great amenities like free ping pong and Popsicles, which was awesome! The room was clean and very good size. It was quite far from the city center, but the metro was very close so it made it easy to get to the city center. The staff was somewhat unknowledegable, as one in my group had troubles with getting her concerns addressed in an efficient and timely way. Regardless of this issue, it was a good stay.

• 17th Jul 2015

Location was average way to far from the city and there was nothing around the area to do. There was a large supermarket near by though which was great value. Wifi was good, rooms were clean and comfortable and had a clean kitchen. Would recommend if people didn't want to go out and do things around the city otherwise stay closer in town