A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

It says on there but I'm saying it again. They charge for linens, who travels with their own? Charging for towels, maybe. But lots of hostels provide towels. It's scummy business practice, trying to catch those who don't read the fine pribt off guard with thevlowest price only to pay the same or more with hidden costs like linens. And extra fee for using a credit card. Was not a fan, left the next day.

awful stay, staff were ride and unhelpful, room was filthy and our 2 beds in order one hadn't been made the other pushed together for someone to have a double, asked where local hospital was as I was very unwell to which none of the staff new and said it takes between 30minutes and 2 hours to get there, severely disappointed and very over priced

Perfectly located next to the train station and takes a short journey on the underground to get to the old town! Everything was very clean with the hotel vibe but hostel prices. Although it does have a communal area as it is large and you dont get to meet many other travellers.

This place was fairly average. You have to pay extra for bedding, mind you the rooms are so hot you don't need any bedding whatsoever. The room we were in virtually had no ventilation. It was impossible to sleep. It probably didn't help that the fire alarm went off at 3am with no explanation either. All in all, it was fairly clean and secure. Personally wouldn't stay here again.

Not a good place if you are travelling alone. It's more like a family hotel. Some parts of the hostel look really odd. The lobby is not a good place to chill.

Sly compulsory 3 euro linen charge. The room's windows don't open, there is no fan and no ventilation and the room is unbearably hot. That such a hostel is allowed to function shocks me. I sincerely hope no traveler has the misfortune of staying here.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • India

I was really disapointed in this hostel. I have been in a lot of hostel in the world San francisco, australia, UK, Amsterdam, Poland ... I always leave a good comment and I am always happy. But here in this hostel, I was thinking really to disturb the staff when I arrived, no smile, no polite form, I was feeling like an animal at the reception. In addition the check in was from 3 pm I had my room at 5pm. So i lost my time each time to ask to the reception when i will have my room without answer

We stayed for 3 nights during which there were 3 fire alarms, two of which woke us up early in the morning. It was difficult to find out when the sky bar was open and when it was it seemed full of school children. The check-in process was slow and so the reception was always very busy and so was difficult to talk to the staff. The kitchen facilities were dire; there were only two hot plates and no kitchen equipment. Overall it seems to be run like a very poor hotel rather than a hostel.

The bike rental was definitely a highlight of staying here! The worst thing I think was the fact that it was 98° F out and there is no air conditioning 😭. Otherwise I feel like I definitely got my money's worth!

• 5th Aug 2015

The staff were less than useless. They were horrendously slow and knew as much about Vienna as we did and we'd only been there a day. The hostel was horribly warm and the staff wouldn't let you sit outside after 10pm. The hostel is also quite far out of the centre and there is no atmosphere in the hostel because everyone is sat on their phones. Definitely wouldn't revisit

Made us pay for bed linen. Under the beds are clearly never cleaned as they were filthy. Just as well it is close to the train station

Relatively good but being charged extra for sheets is ridiculous. Also there was a huge queue to check in and it was impossible to get drinks at the bar as the same staff operated the bar and the check in desk.

• 1st Aug 2015

Only stay here if you like living in a hospital. The showers and security was great and right near the train station but it's just lifeless and very clinical.

Staff sometimes seems to be doing you a favor, when after all they are doing just their job. People are not so welcoming as supposed to be. Kitchen environment is 'laughable', small, bin usually full with trash falling to the ground floor, 2 hobs only for a huge hostel and is not uncommon to find the whole kitchen dirty. The rooms are clean and tidy, with lockers and good bathrooms, soap is available in good quantities, towels are offered. Next to one of the train stations, which helps a lot.

A really nice hostel, great facilities, great location right near the U-Bahn. Someone stole all of our food out of the fridge but I guess that wasn't the hostels fault. They rent out kitchen utensils for a deposit of 20€ but they didn't have enough to give to us, which was annoying but forgivable. Our experience of the place wasn't the best, mainly because all our food got eaten, but I'm sure other people's experiences would be better.

Hostel was more like a hostel than a hotel. Whilst it was clean, the hostel had no community spirit and the atmosphere and staff were nether particularly friendly. You were also charged for everything here, including bedding, sheets, teas and coffees and breakfast which were expected as complimentary as in other hostels.

The location is pretty bad and the staff were extremely rude on the reception. The rooms were pretty nice but the staff ruined it for us.

Very disappointed to arrive to unmade beds, had to pay €3.50 for sheets at reception. Location was pretty bad, right next to the main train station but otherwise in a completely dead/dodgy area of Vienna. Staff were not very helpful.

Kitchen should be bigger for use but good stay overall