A&O Wien Hauptbahnhof Reviews

Sonnwendgasse 11, Vienna, Austria

It is a nice, clean hostel near the central station. It is nicer than your average hostel. But it is not close to too many sights. And there is not much of an atmosphere in the hostel. I would stay there again because I was so impressed by the cleanliness.

Pros: Good location and staff. Missed my bus and arrived at 11pm but could still check in - thanks! Cons: 1) Someone else was sleeping on my bed when I arrived. If unknown people could be brought to the room to sleep (for free), this is a security lapse that has to be resolved! 2) No kitchen, which is really disappointing. At least give hot water, it is winter after all. 3) There was a guy who was screaming in his sleep throughout the night, and that is quite unnerving. But nothing you can do...

I didn't like to stay in this hotel despite the fact that the hotel have a good location and was warm and clean. I found the staff rude and not prepared for customer service. I had to pay 3,5 for a bad linen and I had to make my bed. Towel is not included as well, you have to pay for it. I would pay the same amount that I paid for a better place with everything included.

Not a big fan of the "charge-for-everything" model used at this hostel. We arrived at 3:15 pm but room wasn't ready, so we were asked to wait 30 min. After 30 min our room still wasn't ready so we were assigned a different room - the only problem was when we entered it, it already belonged to someone else. And they happened to be sleeping, so we woke them up....When we finally got our room, it was clean and comfortable. Location is ideal if you have an early/late train to/from Wien Hbf stn.

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay 3,50 € for the sheets, normally it's included.

1 2 Next » last »