AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

I stayed for 5 nights in a 6-bed female dorm while attending a conference in downtown Denver. It was my cheapest option by far. The place was clean and felt very secure. Although not located in the nicest part of town, it is easy walking distance to downtown and the free shuttle down 16th street. The dorm was luxurious with two rooms including a TV, microwave and fridge. The bunkbeds were quite squeaky though, so bring along some ear plugs. Staff were very welcoming. Overall a really nice stay

The hostel was very affordable. Had a friendly and helpful staff. Really good part of town too!

• 1st May 2015

Nothing special about this place. Only chose it because it was cheapest in Denver. Pretty good location and easy to get to. If the weather is good then you can walk north and find some good museums and bars. I have been to 19 countries and hostels all over the world and this was not on the good end. Stay here for a cheap room but don't expect much!

• 16th Apr 2015

Better common room!

• 16th Apr 2015

No cooking facilities other than a microwave in the communal room. No kitchen utensils (not even knives and forks). However sheets were clean, the wifi worked well, good location and the staff were friendly/helpful. I just missed being able to make meals as I'm on a budget and also the place didn't have a backpacker feel so difficult to meet people. Expensive for what you get but I would stay again as it was clean.

Central location, clean enough. There was a weird girl living the room I stayed in (screamed and talked a lot in her sleep, talked to herself while awake), but at least for the 2 days I stayed in she offered no harm. Staff was friendly (Tom, the night recepcionist, was specially helpful). Security could be improved when it comes to the hostel access (anyone can go in and out - maybe a plastic bracelet for the people staying there could solve the problem).

There were bedbugs the first two days. THe manager Christ said they then sprayed and they were gone. I still itched!! This place is a great value and the location is in the middle of downtown Denver. Forget the WiFI and go to a coffee shop or library. It dropped me constantly and that was went I could get on at all. The beds are clean, the bathrooms are clean. there is a clean rec room with a microwave. they do the best that they can here. and that is enough.

Very friendly staff, though it was a bit messy. Also, I had difficulties booking this hostel through Hostelworld for some reason: the hostel didn't get any notice about my reservations. So I kinda lost $9 by using Hostelworld and have been too lazy to call Hostelworld support about it. I don't know if that's happened to anyone else with this hostel, but be aware I guess.

• 31st Dec 2014

Bathrooms were pretty disgusting. The room didn't have any curtains so that was a pain. Staff was really nice and helpful, though.

• 30th Dec 2014

not enough water in the bathroom, not enough heat in the room, not enough dark at night

I have been to hostels before and was not expecting a 5star treatment but this hostel is probably the worst I have been to. In short the only positive thing is the location, so stay there if you have to. due to its downtown location it has become long stay home to homeless people which with all due respect kills the travel spirit of the hostel...

Great location, easy walking distance from lots and even though it was freezing cold in the rooms you are warm as