AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

Great hostel in a good location, very clean, only issues were no AC and internet was slow at times

For the price and location, this place was great. Excellent staff. Thank you

great location. clean. free breakfast and free wifi

The lady who served me at the desk was absolutely lovely, she called me by my actual name rather than not referring to me at all. Really easy to find nice and close to union bus station, however there's not much around it and it's really quite loud at night. There's vending machines which are ridiculously cheap which is great, and the common room has all it needs it not over the top. For the price your paying the room is great. Was really impressed with the receptionist customer service.

• 17th Aug 2015

Too many dodgy people staying here, too scared to stay here on my own as a female traveller

I stayed for about a week while apartment hunting in Denver. The location is fantastic--right on the 0 bus line and super close to museums, restaurants, monuments, parks and the price is fantastic. But you're definitely getting what you pay for. Lots of traffic noise, no A/C, small rooms, minimal kitchen facilities.

Great place to stay!! Nice staff, very reasonable rate, lots of character in the room! A fridge, microwave, coffee maker and computer available for guests. I read some reviews about the broken locks but the lock on our door worked fine and I felt safe. No AC but was comfortable with fan + windows. I would recommend parking in the lot behind the hostel instead of the street. We parked on the street overnight and our car got hit/dented.

The kitchen, with fridge, microwave, and toaster oven would be improved if there were a proper stove to cook on and some cooking utensils and table ware to share. Maps of Denver would have been helpful too. Weather was pretty hot, rooms we occupied were also pretty warm but we had one small fan for two people. We took turns using it during our stay, but two small fans or one large oscillating fan would have been nice. I hope you will add a stove to cook on in the kitchen.

No shower available in the room although tit was supposed to be an ensuite beroom. The room was dirty, it did not have air conditioning only a noisy fan.

I have visited the Hostel a few days before my scheduled check in just to realize I could never stay there. The rooms were dirty, with carpets looking pretty old, with windows facing a busy street. I got into the room without having to open any door with a key. The lockers were big but the impression was that everything outside this cage could be lost anytime. I didn't feel safe and never checked in.

• 19th Jul 2015

Not good looking at all (must be the same equipment it had in the 80s), beds are just ok, but feels sketchy in general, didn't feel really safe...

• 7th Jul 2015

After the first night I switched from a dorm to a private ensuite room. There was nothing wrong with the dorm, I'm just a spoiled geezer. The staff was friendly and helpful while getting their software understand my extravagant upgrading desires. The only thing I missed was more water pressure in the shower. But the employee who did my upgrade told me the room would only have a tub and no shower. So in that sense it exceeded my expectations. ;)

Rooms and shared restrooms/bathrooms are pretty clean. Location is great, really closed to several museums (DAM / colorado historic center/ ...) and lots of food places. Rooms are not equipped with AC neither fans so it can get hot, moreover windows are not equipped with proper stores or curtains (at least in the room I got). You will be awake fairly early.

• 5th Jul 2015

The vibes were definitely sketchy, but the staff was top-rate.

• 12th Jun 2015

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and it was nice to have a place to store and cook food even if I had to walk down the hall for it. I also enjoyed this place because I felt a little like I was staying at an old time boarding house. The rows of rooms just gave me that idea.

• 8th Jun 2015

First off, long story short, but I booked online for the day after I arrived. So, terrible start there. And the hostel was completely booked for that evening. I could hear the hotel associate consistently telling prospective customers over the phone that they were booked. However, he was super cool and was able to accommodate me after waiting for about 15 minutes. Trust me, I gladly waited. Room is fine. They left the window open though after a day of rain so carpet was wet. Wi-fi is in and out.

Hostel staff were very helpful and accommodating. This was our first time ever staying in a hostel, and we definitely wouldn't mind staying here again! Great location close downtown in Denver. Walking distance to several bars, restaurants, and stores.

• 5th Jun 2015

Overall a good experience with a few minor issues. The good: location was great for checking out Broadway & Colfax areas for sure...the building is cool...the beds are fairly comfortable. The bad: it was really noisy in the mornings there, so light sleepers might have a rough time...and they had a routine spraying for bugs while we were in the room, which was really odd (and the spray smelled horrible too, so we cracked a window).

I stayed for 5 nights in a 6-bed female dorm while attending a conference in downtown Denver. It was my cheapest option by far. The place was clean and felt very secure. Although not located in the nicest part of town, it is easy walking distance to downtown and the free shuttle down 16th street. The dorm was luxurious with two rooms including a TV, microwave and fridge. The bunkbeds were quite squeaky though, so bring along some ear plugs. Staff were very welcoming. Overall a really nice stay

The hostel was very affordable. Had a friendly and helpful staff. Really good part of town too!

• 1st May 2015