AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

I stayed in a private room and it was small but was enough for me...the location is amazing for my interest. The only bad thing was the restroom( only one in each floor). But is a good place just for a couple nights.

A good hostel in a great central location. The place is dated but is clean and has good sized rooms. The kitchen facilities are very limited with no cutlery or cups so you might need a plastic set. As a base this is ideal and I would stay here again.

Can't fault the staff or the facilities, and the location is great. It does seem to attract a lot of stoners / hobos and certainly it's not a party hostel - it's a hotel with some dorm rooms. But for budget accommodation in Denver it's pretty hard to beat. NB they need to adjust their firewall, it blocked me from researching my trip to the Coors brewery because it doesn't allow alcohol-related sites!

Honestly not as bad as other people have been saying. It's cheap I was in a small room with 2 beds and a sink. I only found two bathrooms on the floor so if it was full it might be hard to get a shower, but I didn't have any problems. Only complaint is it didn't really feel like a hostel, no sense of community, it was more like a cheap hotel with shared bathrooms.

• 26th Oct 2014

in the back outside area, where you can smoke , they don't want you to smoke pot there. !?

Roaches in our room, even though we had no food. The staff took a long time checking me and my daughter in at 11:30 PM when we showed up, about 20 minutes. Either they didn't understand the system or the system was very outdated, we had to check in again the next day instead of extending our reservation for the next day, even with a different person, it took too long. The staff seemed more suspicious than friendly which was made us uncomfortable about staying. No parking was offered.

• 17th Oct 2014

The beds are uncomfortable and noisy. I think prison beds would probably be comparable. That being said, the rooms are large and spacious. The lockers are too small to put most things in, despite this being a hostel rule. It wasn't a bad stay and for the price I would go back, however this is not a great place

its a homeless shelter... rooms smelling like pee... dirty... barely the worst hostel i ever visited... originally booked for 4 night.. we just stayed one... suffering an awful night with that horrible smell and poor cleaness, definetely not recomended at all...

The common room/kitchen had very limited crockery and cutlery and was not the cleanest. No shower gel or shampoo available in the bathrooms.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • South Africa

lovely spacious room with an ensuite, lovely helpful staff, good price and location, no breakfast, no atmosphere, a lot of full time residents or homeless people living there, laundry machines acting up, good free bus three blocks up, nice park, bicycles to rent too

I dont understand that issues the other reviews claim. I had a very standard hostel experience here. Its most definitely not a 5 star hotel. Its a hostel. Expect warm rooms to sleep in, standard not very comfortable bunk bed dorm rooms, and common bathrooms in the hallway. The evening staff was friendly and helpful; the morning staff could have been better. Ask to get the code to enter the common room. Easy 10 min walk to 16th street area. Great for a cheap place to sleep off your drunkenness.

Not a typical Youth Hostel, despite first impression, the place is clean , safe, and centrally located. It's an old hotel with remodeled rooms. The inexpensive cost invites guests who are not typical world travelers but more like folks down on their luck. The staff is quick to enforce house rules, keeping a handle on any unruly guest.. The staff was helpful and courteous.

The hostel was more for people 'between homes' than travellers. Though the room was a good size the atmosphere was kind of depressing, and the staff didn't know anything about local tours etc. Denver seemed cool but I wish I'd experienced it in a different hostel.

Please all who read realize this : 11th Ave Hostel is not a hostel, it is basically a halfway house, ( which is fine if it were mentioned in the review) The staff with few exceptions are basically lifeless,unenthusiastic, and more concerned with bizarre strict policies than hospitality. Do not stay here.

Smth needs to be done to the bathroom facilities. A damp carpet inside the tub won't do.

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I stay in budget rooms whenever I travel. The bed was ancient with springs digging into your back. There was no climate control, so our room on the third floor was 90 degrees for the entire stay. The credit card machines were "down" and we had to pay in cash; no receipt was offered. We opened the curtains to our window and had a great view into another person's room; two feet away. The windows also were lined with chicken wire. Real classy. Stay elsewhere.

• 16th Aug 2014

this hostel does not seem to be used very much by tourists. or i never saw many of them. instead for many of the guests this hostel seems to be a shelter for homeless people or people with problems. generally marignalized people. that did not leave a very secure impression to me. to my impression about 2/3 of the guests here were homeless people or people with problems. i can not recommend this place.

The female staff were outstanding, helpful, informed, kind. But the Afternoon management and the morning day labor front desk dude could work on their people skills. I had to relieve them of the burden of my presence a (paid) day early because I was afraid that the third time that I get barked at in public, I might overreact. Myself and my bicycle were made to feel more like an indentured servant than a paying guests. Could be a little more professional.

I had paid the booking fee to you $6.95 and thought it was rolled into my paying the hostel but it was all just an extra charge. Feel like I should have gotten a few bucks credit.

Good price and OK location. Had very few restrooms and showers.