AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

Not good looking at all (must be the same equipment it had in the 80s), beds are just ok, but feels sketchy in general, didn't feel really safe...

• 7th Jul 2015

After the first night I switched from a dorm to a private ensuite room. There was nothing wrong with the dorm, I'm just a spoiled geezer. The staff was friendly and helpful while getting their software understand my extravagant upgrading desires. The only thing I missed was more water pressure in the shower. But the employee who did my upgrade told me the room would only have a tub and no shower. So in that sense it exceeded my expectations. ;)

Rooms and shared restrooms/bathrooms are pretty clean. Location is great, really closed to several museums (DAM / colorado historic center/ ...) and lots of food places. Rooms are not equipped with AC neither fans so it can get hot, moreover windows are not equipped with proper stores or curtains (at least in the room I got). You will be awake fairly early.

• 5th Jul 2015

The vibes were definitely sketchy, but the staff was top-rate.

• 12th Jun 2015

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and it was nice to have a place to store and cook food even if I had to walk down the hall for it. I also enjoyed this place because I felt a little like I was staying at an old time boarding house. The rows of rooms just gave me that idea.

• 8th Jun 2015

First off, long story short, but I booked online for the day after I arrived. So, terrible start there. And the hostel was completely booked for that evening. I could hear the hotel associate consistently telling prospective customers over the phone that they were booked. However, he was super cool and was able to accommodate me after waiting for about 15 minutes. Trust me, I gladly waited. Room is fine. They left the window open though after a day of rain so carpet was wet. Wi-fi is in and out.

Hostel staff were very helpful and accommodating. This was our first time ever staying in a hostel, and we definitely wouldn't mind staying here again! Great location close downtown in Denver. Walking distance to several bars, restaurants, and stores.

• 5th Jun 2015

Overall a good experience with a few minor issues. The good: location was great for checking out Broadway & Colfax areas for sure...the building is cool...the beds are fairly comfortable. The bad: it was really noisy in the mornings there, so light sleepers might have a rough time...and they had a routine spraying for bugs while we were in the room, which was really odd (and the spray smelled horrible too, so we cracked a window).

I stayed for 5 nights in a 6-bed female dorm while attending a conference in downtown Denver. It was my cheapest option by far. The place was clean and felt very secure. Although not located in the nicest part of town, it is easy walking distance to downtown and the free shuttle down 16th street. The dorm was luxurious with two rooms including a TV, microwave and fridge. The bunkbeds were quite squeaky though, so bring along some ear plugs. Staff were very welcoming. Overall a really nice stay

The hostel was very affordable. Had a friendly and helpful staff. Really good part of town too!

• 1st May 2015

Nothing special about this place. Only chose it because it was cheapest in Denver. Pretty good location and easy to get to. If the weather is good then you can walk north and find some good museums and bars. I have been to 19 countries and hostels all over the world and this was not on the good end. Stay here for a cheap room but don't expect much!

• 16th Apr 2015

Better common room!

• 16th Apr 2015

No cooking facilities other than a microwave in the communal room. No kitchen utensils (not even knives and forks). However sheets were clean, the wifi worked well, good location and the staff were friendly/helpful. I just missed being able to make meals as I'm on a budget and also the place didn't have a backpacker feel so difficult to meet people. Expensive for what you get but I would stay again as it was clean.

Central location, clean enough. There was a weird girl living the room I stayed in (screamed and talked a lot in her sleep, talked to herself while awake), but at least for the 2 days I stayed in she offered no harm. Staff was friendly (Tom, the night recepcionist, was specially helpful). Security could be improved when it comes to the hostel access (anyone can go in and out - maybe a plastic bracelet for the people staying there could solve the problem).