AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, Colorado, USA

I was greeted in a friendly manner, told where I could park, and upon my return from parking checked in immediately. The only thing I would ask for next time would be to be toward the back of the building away from the main street due to traffic noise. I really enjoyed my stay. Thank you!

• 6th Sep 2013

Disrespectful staff. No air conditioner. Baths not so clean

They should offer some food. Just something easy for breakfast. They also should offer the opportunity to join trips from the hostel. Besides that a good place to stay.

Hello,This is a Hotel-not a Hostel First of all I came to the hotel during a heat wave.There is no air conditioning.Okay they have fans in the hall and some in the room.In most hostels you can cook in a community kitchen.In this "hostel"they have no stove,no fridge?You have a microwave and a drink cooler to use?Some of the staff were good but one woman behind the desk was "useless"She wouldn't help and didnt care period.If you needed any information from these people "good luck" Your on your own

• 2nd Sep 2013

There is no AC in the building and the top floor is like a sauna! They provided a fan upon request, but did little to cool the room.

Good value for the private room, but absolutely no atmosphere. The social area is one couch and a bench for laptops in an area where u cannot drink. As a social guy travelling by himself, I found it impossible to meet people. Even on the weekend there were no activities or outingsl Denver deserves a real hostel.

This place is not really a traditional traveller hostel (so don't expect big parties) but it is a very professionally run, safe and clean place to stay as a stopping off point in Denver. I booked a private room and it was on a par with what you would expect from a budget hotel/ b+b. Staff were friendly and helpful and there are some fun bars and nice restaurants nearby. A good base for exploring Denver.

I enjoyed staying in an all female dorm, but it still felt too much like a hotel for me. A better common space to meet other travelers would be nice. The staff were friendly & helpful. The room was clean & conveniently included a fridge, microwave, table, couch, TV, sink, toilet &shower. Great location, but a bit noisy at night--which didn't bother me but may bother some. At night the room was quite warm--again, didn't really bother me . Overall I had a pleasant stay. I would stay here again.

• 21st Aug 2013

We had a very noisy room, number 337. the staff helped us, but the noisy neighbour didn't do anything about it. Lots of residents.

Don't expect a real hostel: this is more a hotel with not expensive prices compared to other places in Denver. Anyway, the staff is helpful and the location is good (few minutes walking from the most important spots). Quite noise in the weekend because of the clubs nextdoor.

Nice place. Bit of a long walk in and out of town so don't leave stuff at the hostel if you plan to need it during the day unless you want the walk back! Might come back or might try somewhere else. Overall a positive experience with no real negatives. Only issue is that there is a lot of noise out front during rush hour traffic and friday/saturday night with nightclubbers on the street.

Not a typical traveller hostel per-se but a safe and secure place to base yourself for a couple of days when in Denver

I was shocked that for the price of a nice clean room in most hostels we had a dirty, unairconditioned closet. The bathrooms and carpets were filthy and the rooms sweltering. We had a rickety bunkbed: thin plastic wrapped pallets on a rough piece of plywood. I have stayed in worse but those were only $8 a night, not $30. The location is great, central to everything but you will be staying in what amounts to a filthy dorm room. There is a $3 towel deposit. For $60 a night? No thanks.

Pros: Awesome location. Walking distance from plenty of bars, museums, etc. I wasn't horribly murdered. Cons: A little on the old side. There is a security guard, but that didn't assuage my concerns of being stabbed in the hallways or my sleep. The carpet in my room was moderately stained and I wasn't certain that I wouldn't get foot herpes walking barefoot on it. The options include air conditioning, and if you consider a window that opens to be air conditioning, then this is accurate.

• 26th Jul 2013

Room pretty old and worn out. Bathroom had a bathtub without shower tube and with tap facing downwards. Had to shower with hands in cup, or waist tons of water to fill the tub. Pretty awkward.

My window was right across from a bar. The noise and music made it difficult to sleep before 2:00am. Also, one of the day male managers was extremely rude. He had a very bad attitude problem. Maybe some anger management training might be in store for him?

• 23rd Jul 2013

More hotel than hostile. Private room had windows painted shut, no fan or AC, so it was hot. Bed was made fresh, things were generally clean, just not very comfortable. It was also noisy due to a TV being on all night outside the window.

nice people at the desk, very helpful and friendly. bathroom terrible, old and not clean first room in front smelled of car fumes, thankfully I could get another one that was much better

• 17th Jul 2013

Very friendly staff. However the hostel was gross and dingy and did not have AC.

The location is great. I had read reviews with concerns about noise because it is pretty close to quite a few bars. Perhaps I was just very tired, but I had no problem at all with noise. The staff is very friendly and efficient. I was able to leave my bags behind the counter for the whole day for free so that I could explore the city before a late flight.

• 7th Jul 2013