AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

It seems more like a cheap hotel than a hostel. The facility is in a tired, old building. As far as cleanliness, they are passable. Some staff were helpful and friendly, while others seemed more like bouncers.

Good location, good staff. Nice court yard for socializing. Rooms are pretty basic, so if your after a place to get your head down for a night or two while sightseeing, then its all good. The lockers are small, so there's only room for valuables/small items.

We got a private room with a double bed/shared bathroom. The bathrooms could have been cleaner but that usually depends more on your fellow guests cleaning up after themselves in places like this rather than the staff. The staff were extremely helpful and kind. Bed was comfortable and clean. The bars across the street were rather loud, but again, not much can be done about that, and I'm a heavy sleeper. Location was extremely convenient. For the price, this was fantastic, and I would return.

we got a room on the street side and we could not sleep with all the noise from the restaurant/bar across the street; the traffic noise did not help either. ear plugs only muffled the noise. we were able to change rooms for the second night. it was better but there was extreme creaking from upstairs and loud talking outside, which apparently the police were called upon to deal with. I would not stay here again.

I felt comfortable in AAE 11th Avenue Hostel. I would like to commend this nice hotel to all my friends who are planning to visit Denver. The only comment that I can give is "a small refrigerator in each room or floor".

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

Although most of the staff were pleasant, an experience on our first night including physical threats of violence from one of the staff members caused us to leave this hostel after only one night, and only being refunded for 2 nights of a 4 night stay. Like I said, some staff were lovely but this ruined our experience. Felt extremely unsafe. Would never come again. Worst hostel I've ever been to and I am not a fussy traveller.

Not a party hostel, but overall a clean and safe place to stay

• 10th Feb 2014

Had a great stay here for a couple nights. Rooms were clean and had some cool decorations. Staff was courteous and prompt. Location isn't bad either. Short walk to downtown, multiple clubs\nightlife in surrounding area. Overall great value. Will definitely stay here again.

• 9th Nov 2013

Ok, so it was recommended by a younger man (I am 71). I was nervous about a hostel, But when I got here, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the bathroom and shower room clean. There was always someone at the front desk. And I saved enough money to make the trip affordable. I give this place a good thumbs up!

• 27th Oct 2013

Tons of men who appear to be using the dormitories out of construction work/ homelessness?

I would consider staying again, but others might want to know that it's more of a shelter or flop house for those in need than it is a hostel. Everyone one is harmless, it might even be cool if I knew ahead of time what the place really was all about. I think it's part of Salvation Army (church) or something.

• 14th Oct 2013

Where to begin... the bathroom floors were disgusting, the bed was like sleeping on bricks, and the room temperature fluctuated from freezing cold to sauna-like. When we arrived one weekend in early October, it was colder in the room with no heat than it was outside. After 3 days, management decided to turn on the heat, which made the rickety radiator kick on every 2 hours, waking us up multiple times throughout the night. While it's a short walk to some attractions, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

• 10th Oct 2013

Heater did not work the night I stayed there, it was cold. Serious lack of restrooms and showers. Although there wasn't too many people when I stayed there, it could easily become a problem during peak seasons. There are many bars conveniently located nearby. There is a shuttle that passes by that will take you to points of interest, which is good because there is no free parking around.

Needs much better kitchen facilities, aside from that good stay

Location was good, was right beside the Art museums and 5 blocks to 16th st Mall. Parking around the corner for just $5 a day. Lockers and locks provided in the room. I was in the 4bed female ensuite, it also had a fridge and TV. I would stay again

The hostel was dirty and smell of cigarette everywhere, including in the room where I stayed - the smoke of the others rooms where coming to my room! The smell of mold was everywhere also, and the mettress where very old and the beds very noisy. I just couldn't sleep one single night while I was at this hostel. And to complete the scene, there were many guests there that looked like living there, and weird people, what was very scary at the begining. For. sure I don't recomend this hostel!!

We stayed in a private room, with an en-suite, which was nice and clean. The staff were helpful and friendly, with good advice about what to see and where to go in SLC. However, the hostel is not a backpackers hostel in the sense that you might think. Lots of long-staying residents of SLC live there, so it doesn't feel that comfortable for backpackers sometimes. The kitchen is small and could use a few more saucepans and utensils, but the laundry facilities are really good and cheap.

EVERYTHING IS GOOD. I AM ASSIGNED TO A BED NEAR WINDOW WHERE VERY NOISY FROM STREET AND TRANSPORTATION PASSING BY. I WISH NEXT TIME STAFF ACCEPT REASON OF CHANGE BED BECAUSE OF NOISY THAT PEOPLE MAY NOT SLEEP WELL.

Not sure if they have private rooms that did not face the street; however, if they did, this would have been a great opportunity for the hotel to ask us if we would like that option - considering our age and length of stay. The private rooms in the front receive a lot of noise from the near by clubs and cars passing by making sleep challenging.

Good location as it is only a 15 minute walk from downtown Denver. I thought the rooms were a little cramped and there wasn't much of a backpacker vibe here as most of the rooms seemed to be private rooms. The bathrooms were spotless in all fairness.