AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

This is an interesting place. It seems about half hostel, and half halfway house. Overall, the place is fine. The rooms are adequately clean, and the location is very good. Most places downtown are within a 15-20 minute walk. The staff is ok. Some members are pleasant and helpful, others a bit grumpy and useless. The place's location makes it a pretty good value. As long as you're not too fussy, this place will do just fine.

Really is a hotel with a few dorm rooms, not hostel-y at all. Bed was fine and great locker provided but room very noisey next to big road. Common room had virtually nothing to cook or eat with and no drinkin allowed which sucked. Very close to great arts district

A friendly, clean and well located hostel. The staff even laid on a memorial day BBQ for the guests. Right in the heart of the museum triangle and plenty to see in the area. Although the shared kitchen is a little sparse on utensils generally the hostel is well equipped. I would recommend this to any travellers to Denver.

• 25th May 2014

This place is literally just a place to sleep. Majorly outdated and lacked an atmosphere. The windows in the room were a problem, blind were broken so light came in really early. Right next to broadway to very very loud! Great location but a tad too expensive for what you get

I would have expected the people behind the desk to acknowledge me when i came and went if only to know they recognized me. Instead they seemed to go out of their way not to look up when I came down the stairs. I booked a room there because all of the rooms in Denver were taken up by a nursing convention and it never occurred to me that i would need to bring my own towels. A little warning would have been nice and i could have brought a bathmat. There seemed to be no rules on noise at night.

• 18th May 2014

Good value for your money just make sure you keep your money with you all the time. Joe from NYC . Went here for a NTI

Great staff and the check in and check out was easy.

• 10th May 2014

It seems more like a cheap hotel than a hostel. The facility is in a tired, old building. As far as cleanliness, they are passable. Some staff were helpful and friendly, while others seemed more like bouncers.

Good location, good staff. Nice court yard for socializing. Rooms are pretty basic, so if your after a place to get your head down for a night or two while sightseeing, then its all good. The lockers are small, so there's only room for valuables/small items.

We got a private room with a double bed/shared bathroom. The bathrooms could have been cleaner but that usually depends more on your fellow guests cleaning up after themselves in places like this rather than the staff. The staff were extremely helpful and kind. Bed was comfortable and clean. The bars across the street were rather loud, but again, not much can be done about that, and I'm a heavy sleeper. Location was extremely convenient. For the price, this was fantastic, and I would return.

we got a room on the street side and we could not sleep with all the noise from the restaurant/bar across the street; the traffic noise did not help either. ear plugs only muffled the noise. we were able to change rooms for the second night. it was better but there was extreme creaking from upstairs and loud talking outside, which apparently the police were called upon to deal with. I would not stay here again.

I felt comfortable in AAE 11th Avenue Hostel. I would like to commend this nice hotel to all my friends who are planning to visit Denver. The only comment that I can give is "a small refrigerator in each room or floor".

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Taiwan

Although most of the staff were pleasant, an experience on our first night including physical threats of violence from one of the staff members caused us to leave this hostel after only one night, and only being refunded for 2 nights of a 4 night stay. Like I said, some staff were lovely but this ruined our experience. Felt extremely unsafe. Would never come again. Worst hostel I've ever been to and I am not a fussy traveller.

Not a party hostel, but overall a clean and safe place to stay

• 10th Feb 2014

Had a great stay here for a couple nights. Rooms were clean and had some cool decorations. Staff was courteous and prompt. Location isn't bad either. Short walk to downtown, multiple clubs\nightlife in surrounding area. Overall great value. Will definitely stay here again.

• 9th Nov 2013

Ok, so it was recommended by a younger man (I am 71). I was nervous about a hostel, But when I got here, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the bathroom and shower room clean. There was always someone at the front desk. And I saved enough money to make the trip affordable. I give this place a good thumbs up!

• 27th Oct 2013

Tons of men who appear to be using the dormitories out of construction work/ homelessness?

I would consider staying again, but others might want to know that it's more of a shelter or flop house for those in need than it is a hostel. Everyone one is harmless, it might even be cool if I knew ahead of time what the place really was all about. I think it's part of Salvation Army (church) or something.

• 14th Oct 2013

Where to begin... the bathroom floors were disgusting, the bed was like sleeping on bricks, and the room temperature fluctuated from freezing cold to sauna-like. When we arrived one weekend in early October, it was colder in the room with no heat than it was outside. After 3 days, management decided to turn on the heat, which made the rickety radiator kick on every 2 hours, waking us up multiple times throughout the night. While it's a short walk to some attractions, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

• 10th Oct 2013

Heater did not work the night I stayed there, it was cold. Serious lack of restrooms and showers. Although there wasn't too many people when I stayed there, it could easily become a problem during peak seasons. There are many bars conveniently located nearby. There is a shuttle that passes by that will take you to points of interest, which is good because there is no free parking around.