AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

Smth needs to be done to the bathroom facilities. A damp carpet inside the tub won't do.

The female staff were outstanding, helpful, informed, kind. But the Afternoon management and the morning day labor front desk dude could work on their people skills. I had to relieve them of the burden of my presence a (paid) day early because I was afraid that the third time that I get barked at in public, I might overreact. Myself and my bicycle were made to feel more like an indentured servant than a paying guests. Could be a little more professional.

I had paid the booking fee to you $6.95 and thought it was rolled into my paying the hostel but it was all just an extra charge. Feel like I should have gotten a few bucks credit.

Good price and OK location. Had very few restrooms and showers.

There was no air conditioning, the third floor was unbearable. Staff gave us a fan but there were very few outlets in the room. The area was a bit shady and i woulnt recommend staying here alone.

they don't have breakfast and reliable wifi network. beds are small, and there are no air conditioner. However, they have locker, so security is good.

The hostel was in a great, downtown location close to many bars and restaurants. It didn't have any common area or kitchen that I could find, although someone said they existed (I have no clue where they would be and I stayed there for a week). It's not a great hostel to meet people in since there's no sense of community but it was clean and well priced. The dorm rooms have bunk beds which I'm not a big fan of and no a/c which made it pretty hot in the room during the summer even with the fan.

• 7th Jul 2014

It was a great location, right between Civic Park and Capitol Hill, and very close to the beginning of the 16th Avenue Mall. I was able to walk everywhere. Room was basic, but sufficient. Common area was locked, for good reason, but did not lend itself to the kinds of mingling one finds abroad. For some reason, the staff was not very openly friendly.

Nice staff and a good location for access to Lower Downtown. Rooms could definitely use an update (especially the ensuite single occupancy bathroom that I used), but overall this is a fantastic value. For $55 a night I don't need a luxury bathroom. Though the bed, carpet, lamps, etc. were older, you can tell everything was cleaned thoroughly, including the mattress. My room had a TV that I didn't use but it was nice to have. Those ultra sensitive to summer heat may find this place a little warm.

I had apt of problems with this place. I left after checking in and came back to find someone else had been assigned to my bed and all my belongings had been removed from my locker and brought to the front desk. I was then assigned a new room and had to wait for my bed to be made because it wasn't ready. The next day when I went to check out there was no record of me at all, including the copy of my drivers license that was misplaced, so I never got the refund on my deposit, which was promised.

See other reviews re: atmosphere, it's an ok place to stay although needs a major revamp, but if you're expecting a hostel feel then you'll be disappointed. The location's pretty good but that's about all I can say.

I was a bit disappointed as I was looking for a travelers' hostel but this place is not really that. There is no common area and the hallways have a strong smell of weed. The mattress and pillow were very poor quality but the 4 bed female dorm did have an attached bath. This was the least well kept/clean of the hostels I been to. The place is a bit sketchy so I actually felt better about having taken a dorm rather than a private room.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • India

It is what it is, a lodging opportunity for a cheap price. People who complained about this probably had ridiculously high standards like the Marriott hotel or something, but it's just an average room with a decent bed and a desk. It totally served all of my needs, and I'm really glad I was able to take this option up.

• 9th Jun 2014

This hostel is ok if you search for a cheap stay close to downtown Denver, which is in walking distance. It is not very clean, e.g. I didn't use the drawers in the commode since there was dirt in each of them. The bed was ok. Really annoying was a loud ventilator on the aisle, which was running all night. The street on the other side isn't quiet, too, but that's not the fault of the hostel. It just leads to a constant sound, to which you have to get used to in case you want to find some sleep.

• 8th Jun 2014

This is an interesting place. It seems about half hostel, and half halfway house. Overall, the place is fine. The rooms are adequately clean, and the location is very good. Most places downtown are within a 15-20 minute walk. The staff is ok. Some members are pleasant and helpful, others a bit grumpy and useless. The place's location makes it a pretty good value. As long as you're not too fussy, this place will do just fine.

Really is a hotel with a few dorm rooms, not hostel-y at all. Bed was fine and great locker provided but room very noisey next to big road. Common room had virtually nothing to cook or eat with and no drinkin allowed which sucked. Very close to great arts district

A friendly, clean and well located hostel. The staff even laid on a memorial day BBQ for the guests. Right in the heart of the museum triangle and plenty to see in the area. Although the shared kitchen is a little sparse on utensils generally the hostel is well equipped. I would recommend this to any travellers to Denver.

• 25th May 2014

This place is literally just a place to sleep. Majorly outdated and lacked an atmosphere. The windows in the room were a problem, blind were broken so light came in really early. Right next to broadway to very very loud! Great location but a tad too expensive for what you get

I would have expected the people behind the desk to acknowledge me when i came and went if only to know they recognized me. Instead they seemed to go out of their way not to look up when I came down the stairs. I booked a room there because all of the rooms in Denver were taken up by a nursing convention and it never occurred to me that i would need to bring my own towels. A little warning would have been nice and i could have brought a bathmat. There seemed to be no rules on noise at night.

• 18th May 2014

Good value for your money just make sure you keep your money with you all the time. Joe from NYC . Went here for a NTI

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7