AAE 11th Avenue Hostel Reviews

1112 Broadway, Greyhound Bus Amtrak Downtown Location, Denver, USA

There were bedbugs the first two days. THe manager Christ said they then sprayed and they were gone. I still itched!! This place is a great value and the location is in the middle of downtown Denver. Forget the WiFI and go to a coffee shop or library. It dropped me constantly and that was went I could get on at all. The beds are clean, the bathrooms are clean. there is a clean rec room with a microwave. they do the best that they can here. and that is enough.

Bathrooms were pretty disgusting. The room didn't have any curtains so that was a pain. Staff was really nice and helpful, though.

• 30th Dec 2014

not enough water in the bathroom, not enough heat in the room, not enough dark at night

I have been to hostels before and was not expecting a 5star treatment but this hostel is probably the worst I have been to. In short the only positive thing is the location, so stay there if you have to. due to its downtown location it has become long stay home to homeless people which with all due respect kills the travel spirit of the hostel...

Great location, easy walking distance from lots and even though it was freezing cold in the rooms you are warm as

I stayed in a private room and it was small but was enough for me...the location is amazing for my interest. The only bad thing was the restroom( only one in each floor). But is a good place just for a couple nights.

A good hostel in a great central location. The place is dated but is clean and has good sized rooms. The kitchen facilities are very limited with no cutlery or cups so you might need a plastic set. As a base this is ideal and I would stay here again.

Can't fault the staff or the facilities, and the location is great. It does seem to attract a lot of stoners / hobos and certainly it's not a party hostel - it's a hotel with some dorm rooms. But for budget accommodation in Denver it's pretty hard to beat. NB they need to adjust their firewall, it blocked me from researching my trip to the Coors brewery because it doesn't allow alcohol-related sites!

Honestly not as bad as other people have been saying. It's cheap I was in a small room with 2 beds and a sink. I only found two bathrooms on the floor so if it was full it might be hard to get a shower, but I didn't have any problems. Only complaint is it didn't really feel like a hostel, no sense of community, it was more like a cheap hotel with shared bathrooms.

• 26th Oct 2014

in the back outside area, where you can smoke , they don't want you to smoke pot there. !?

Roaches in our room, even though we had no food. The staff took a long time checking me and my daughter in at 11:30 PM when we showed up, about 20 minutes. Either they didn't understand the system or the system was very outdated, we had to check in again the next day instead of extending our reservation for the next day, even with a different person, it took too long. The staff seemed more suspicious than friendly which was made us uncomfortable about staying. No parking was offered.

• 17th Oct 2014

The beds are uncomfortable and noisy. I think prison beds would probably be comparable. That being said, the rooms are large and spacious. The lockers are too small to put most things in, despite this being a hostel rule. It wasn't a bad stay and for the price I would go back, however this is not a great place

its a homeless shelter... rooms smelling like pee... dirty... barely the worst hostel i ever visited... originally booked for 4 night.. we just stayed one... suffering an awful night with that horrible smell and poor cleaness, definetely not recomended at all...

The common room/kitchen had very limited crockery and cutlery and was not the cleanest. No shower gel or shampoo available in the bathrooms.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • South Africa

lovely spacious room with an ensuite, lovely helpful staff, good price and location, no breakfast, no atmosphere, a lot of full time residents or homeless people living there, laundry machines acting up, good free bus three blocks up, nice park, bicycles to rent too

Decent place to rest your head, really lacks any atmosphere though! But everything else was good

I dont understand that issues the other reviews claim. I had a very standard hostel experience here. Its most definitely not a 5 star hotel. Its a hostel. Expect warm rooms to sleep in, standard not very comfortable bunk bed dorm rooms, and common bathrooms in the hallway. The evening staff was friendly and helpful; the morning staff could have been better. Ask to get the code to enter the common room. Easy 10 min walk to 16th street area. Great for a cheap place to sleep off your drunkenness.

Not a typical Youth Hostel, despite first impression, the place is clean , safe, and centrally located. It's an old hotel with remodeled rooms. The inexpensive cost invites guests who are not typical world travelers but more like folks down on their luck. The staff is quick to enforce house rules, keeping a handle on any unruly guest.. The staff was helpful and courteous.

The hostel was more for people 'between homes' than travellers. Though the room was a good size the atmosphere was kind of depressing, and the staff didn't know anything about local tours etc. Denver seemed cool but I wish I'd experienced it in a different hostel.

Please all who read realize this : 11th Ave Hostel is not a hostel, it is basically a halfway house, ( which is fine if it were mentioned in the review) The staff with few exceptions are basically lifeless,unenthusiastic, and more concerned with bizarre strict policies than hospitality. Do not stay here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7