AAE 11th Avenue Hostel

7.8
Very Good 548 Total Reviews

18th May 2017
7.7

Loved the old hotel feel of the building and the location is not bad either. The only thing that was missing was a decent social, meeting-new-people atmosphere and a comfortable lounge or common area for hanging out. I agree with other reviewers that 11th Ave is run more like a hotel than hostel. For my purposes - a one night stop over between travelling - that was just fine, but if you are looking to stay long term and/or meet other backpackers/travellers, I feel like it could get kinda lonely.

16th May 2017

The staff was amazing; friendly and helpful! The hostel is in a good neighborhood within walking distance to all necessities. I was in a 4-bed female dorm room and the space was huge; the largest dorm room I have ever been in complete with a bathroom, table and chairs, TV, fridge, and microwave. It was like an apartment. The only complaint I have was the bed - a really thin mattress coupled with a piece of bed. Totally worth it since everything else was fabulous!

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017

Solid place to stay, very clean. Sucks that there isn't designated free parking though, only meters.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
3rd Apr 2017
4.9

I was in a single room with ensuite bathroom. The lock on the door was extremely poor and looked as though it was been damaged and poorly repaired. There was no deadbolt or chain on the door. The room needed a thorough scrubbing and cleaning. The sheets were clean but the floor was stained in various areas, ripped and in need of repair. The bathroom needed a good cleaning as well. Baseboards and corners where filthy. The sink was badly rusted and the hot water took several minutes to flow.

25th Mar 2017
7.1

Security: Lockers too small. Location: Great! Center of "Golden Triangle" for museums, etc. Staff: Younger staff were nice! The older, stout guy was kinda grouchy. Atmosphere: Bland. Just felt like a cheap hotel (It was). Suggestions: Needs more tourist info and knowledgable staff - Walking tours, bike tours, bars/breweries/club suggestions, happier and more ATMOSPHERE, community engagement, pub crawls, a bar with happy hour, events. This place was more run as a cheap hotel than a hostel.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Mar 2017

Check in was friendly and quick. They checked in my bad and held it for me while I went to my conference. The room was clean and the showers were HOT! Great value for the price. Thanks!

• Germany, All Female Group, 25-30
9th Mar 2017
6.6

Hm, it was ok, but I expected more for the price. I didn't feel very safe walking in the early morning or after it got dark (lots of homeless people close by). I barely got some sleep on the weekend, as a bar and a club is closely and people on the streets were loud at night. Yeah, I have seen never and cleaner hostels before.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
1st Mar 2017

The aesthetics (read wall murals) are a bit strange though not off putting, but the place was extremely tidy, the staff very pleasant and helpful and the price was great. I was in a 4 bed female dorm. We had our own bathroom, a microwave, mini fridge, TV and dining table. The lockers in the room were great for storing valuables during the day. I didn't have a chance to explore much of the facilities so can't comment much on them. The only thing I would have loved is an early morning cafe.

• singlegirly7649
  • USA, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
28th Jan 2017

AMAZING staff. On the night of Saturday, January 28 I got extremely sick and the two men working at the front desk went above and beyond their responsibilities to make sure I was well taken care of - they called an ambulance and gave me food to munch on. Thank you so much. The location is absolutely fantastic, there is plenty of parking around the area, and the hostel is clean and quiet. Can't say enough about this place.

13th Jan 2017

The staff were without doubt the best I have encountered in my many stays in hostels.I arrived at 1000 am but checkin wasn't until 2 pm but they made an exception because I had been on the road for 4 days,tired,smelly and ready to drop.Great staff and great value.Will always recommend this place.