AAE Austin's Travelodge Reviews

6200 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, Austin, USA

The room was nice and clean and the beds were pretty comfortable but this place is just way to far away from downtown! Anyone travelling to Austin to party or visit the parks is going to have a hard, and expensive time getting into town.

This is a hotel, not a hostel. The man on check in of an evening is nice and friendly but the woman who monitors check in of a morning is quite ... below par. My room had two double beds on level 2 and was neat and tidy and clean enough, although the hotel overall (and my room included) are generally run down and quite old - some updates to the decor would give this hotel a great pickup. Nice and close to the Greyhound station which I liked.

My room was disgusting - there were dead cockroaches in the room when I arrived, the air con wouldn't work, and the blanket on my bed was ripped and had several cigarette burns in it. Disgusting.

This Travelodge is beside the now defunct Highland Mall. If you don't have a car, getting around may be difficult. The rooms themselves are fine: in good shape and comfortable. For the price, you'll have a hard time beating this.