AAE Austin's Travelodge Reviews

6200 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, Austin, USA

This is a hotel, not a hostel. The man on check in of an evening is nice and friendly but the woman who monitors check in of a morning is quite ... below par. My room had two double beds on level 2 and was neat and tidy and clean enough, although the hotel overall (and my room included) are generally run down and quite old - some updates to the decor would give this hotel a great pickup. Nice and close to the Greyhound station which I liked.

My room was disgusting - there were dead cockroaches in the room when I arrived, the air con wouldn't work, and the blanket on my bed was ripped and had several cigarette burns in it. Disgusting.

This Travelodge is beside the now defunct Highland Mall. If you don't have a car, getting around may be difficult. The rooms themselves are fine: in good shape and comfortable. For the price, you'll have a hard time beating this.

It was the worst experience for me here in the States, not only the hotel was full of cokroaches everywhere but also the put us in a bedroom of 2 when we were 4... and I asked for more blankets to cover us ans they didn't have and talked to us in a horrible way.

Stayed here with my parents. The staff were friendly. The free breakfast was really good. Its abit far out of town but the bus stop is right out side. Its a motel but was a good price. Very close to the grey hound station which was handy. Over its good but reckon you need a car really.

Fair place. Close to bus and train into town.

Middle of no where! Takes 30-40 minutes to get into the city on the bus. Or 15 by taxi that costs around $20. Don't stay here if you are traveling without a car or are looking to stay close to the city. Also, there were two dead cockroaches on the carpet when we checked in...great vacuuming!