AAE Banfield Portland Reviews

1525 N E 37th Ave, Portland, USA

The room was quiet although the location (next to the freeway and public transit) was not. It had a microwave and small fridge (very handy) but no iron (not so handy). Free parking was a considerable bonus. I had a little issue with the plumbing (toilet loose, I think a broken seal), and there was no TV user's guide. All in all, I'm happy with the money I saved staying there.

• 21st Sep 2014

Ok, its not a hostel, but for the price - PRIVATE room with no snoring neighbours, super fast wifi, tv in room, private bath, toilet and closet! You can't go wrong! Close to Starbucks, Rite Aid, bars, restaurants and most importantly both busses and Max to downtown and surrounding areas, its ideal for a traveller and a good chance for some privacy between hostels and camping! I paid $60 and had an awesome stay, so much so, that I extended my stay the next morning. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

the room has a very hard smoking smelt.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Romania

This is a motel but for what it was, the price was right. There was even a TV in our room. Not a good place if you're looking to meet people or to do group activities. It's not downtown, but there's a bus very close. Also a Starbucks, a pizzeria and a movie theatre close by if you aren't into going downtown every night. Enjoy your stay!

The motel charged me everything in advance in my credit card, the day before my arrival, then i had to ask them to refund me because we were paying in cash. Also in the reservation they put 2 queen size beds and when we arrived we had 1 queen size bed and they wanted to charge us $10 dollars more for the other bed. The service was bad and the only good thing about the hostel was the location, it was 5 blocks away from the max line.

The staff was rude, they charged the enure stay in my credit card 1 day before my arrival, and had to make the refund because i was paying cash, and it takes several days to activate. Also, it was an expensive motel without anything, even a map of portland. Worst place ever

This is a motel, not a hostel, hence my rating it low for facilities. It's a perfectly fine motel a few stops on the Max outside town. Was glad it popped up on the website though as there was no available hostels.

It's a motel, not a hostel, so it really has no meet and greet atmosphere. It has a huge Tarmac car park, which really makes the place look and feel crumby. However public transport to the city was excellent so travel in was a breeze, especially so as Portland has such a great one day anywhere fare. Also the rooms were fine.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Reasonable budget motel. Wifi pretty terrible when it was busy.

Creepy staff members who weren't familiar with the area, transit was a fair walk away, and the didn't have our booking when we arrived. Thankfully i had printed out a confirmation and the had a room and honored the price.

Not sure why this is offered as a hostel as it is a cheap motel. Had to beg for the beds to be made and for enough towels for our group.

• 21st Jun 2014