AAE Bourbon House Hostel Reviews

1660 Annunciation Street, Amtrack GreyHound Location, New Orleans, USA

Staff were good, atmosphere good also but the building needs some work. Not enough showers, an the ones that were there are very poor. Our bedroom light was on the same switch as the landing light so when people turn that on it turned out light on too! Wtf! Kitchen locked at night so no access to drinking water. Walls very thin so you can hear everything. We didnt notice anywhere get cleaned during our stay. The only clean room was the kitchen and that is because the guests kept it clean!

Value for money!

I was only here for one night, people were helpful and plenty of people to speak too.

Perfect stay! Everybody couldn't have been nicer.

• 10th Jun 2014

This is very good hostel. I'd stay there again. My only complaint is that the DYI pancake breakfast was pretty awful.

Super lovely and helpful staff. Very loud hostel you can hear everyone coming and going. No lights for beds and only 2 PowerPoint's for an 8 bed room! Great party atmosphere but not so great if you want to catch some zzz.

Very helpful staff who know where everything is locally and good location about a 20 minute walk to French quarter but other things closer. A party hostel with good communal areas quite noisy at night. Only downside for me was a bad smell in our room like feet needs a better clean and some fresh air. Duvet covers are sprayed with fabreeze rather than changed. Would still recommend as good value and lots of fun with free pancakes in the morning.

• 29th May 2014

There was nothing particularly special about this place. It was kind of plain, overpriced, and farther from the streetcar than other hostels in the area.

Lovely, quirky little hostel in a quiet area about 30 mins walk out from the French quarter. Staff were great, particularly Nigel who gave me a lift to the Greyhound station and made me feel extremely welcome in his wonderful city.

You definitely can't go wrong for $16 per night. Free transfers to and from the bus station, and info about very cheap rides to the airport. Lots of common area, and cool staff, especially Caleb and Nigel. COLD aircon which was vital while I was in New Orleans. Only 5 minutes walk to a Walmart with is a huge bonus. About a 20-25 minute walk to Bourbon Street, and the board displaying all the gigs on any given night is very helpful.

Pro's: Clean, well equipped kitchen. Knowledgeable and friendly staff, always willing to help. I met a lot of fun people and the location is ok, close to Magazine Street. Con's: the toilets and bathrooms were not clean. Also some bathrooms and toilets could not be locked, which I found very uncomfortable. My bed was hard to get in to (slept on the top bed of a bunk bed) and was very shaky. My bedroom didn't have any windows. Overall I did not really like my stay. I didn't feel 'at home'.

Really enjoyed my time at the Bourbon House. The staff was was very helpful in figuring things out. Everyone was really friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• 18th May 2014

This place has potentials but it could be so much better. The pros are its friendly staff. The dorm rooms are spacious and comfortable. The AC is blazing. But the common room is so drab and inadequate. The patio is filled with run down furniture. Wifi is super slow, there are no lockers, there are no paper towels (another reviewer pointed this out) in the kitchen or in the bathrooms. In short, for $20/night I had a low expectation and it barely met it.

It's a great place and reasonably priced, not to far from the french quarter. Just one thing needs fixing, the bathroom door will not lock, and that's a privacy issue.

• 7th May 2014

Excellent atmosphere. Is a decent walk to Frenchman Street however. Staff were awesome. Two main complaints: #1 is the lockers don't fit anything inside of them! #2 is that the showers are so hot you come out sweating more than when you went in!

Great value for money considering it was like $20 a night. It's relatively close to AMAZING New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter and Walmart if you need anything. The staff were great and helped me organise tours, etc. It's a pretty chikked aout place, always someone around that's up for a chat or drink. Would recommend...

Very eco friendly hostel which is great to see. Staff members, Shane and Caleb, are great!

This hostel is located in the Lower Garden District. It was the perfect location to get around New Orleans. The staff was friendly and recommended some cool things to due on a budget. The atmosphere was great and we met people from all over the world. I would definitely go back there on my next time through New Orleans.

• 29th Apr 2014

Great staff, great atmosphere, great terrace,... Great Hostel!

Thanks to the staff, you were nothing but great. Specially Caleb. Hope you have a good time around, as I hope you did in Belize. Maybe we'll cross paths again in the future, although we may not be aware of it. Cheers, mates!