AAE Bourbon House Hostel Reviews

1660 Annunciation Street, Amtrack GreyHound Location, New Orleans, USA

It's a great place and reasonably priced, not to far from the french quarter. Just one thing needs fixing, the bathroom door will not lock, and that's a privacy issue.

• 7th May 2014

Excellent atmosphere. Is a decent walk to Frenchman Street however. Staff were awesome. Two main complaints: #1 is the lockers don't fit anything inside of them! #2 is that the showers are so hot you come out sweating more than when you went in!

Great value for money considering it was like $20 a night. It's relatively close to AMAZING New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter and Walmart if you need anything. The staff were great and helped me organise tours, etc. It's a pretty chikked aout place, always someone around that's up for a chat or drink. Would recommend...

Very eco friendly hostel which is great to see. Staff members, Shane and Caleb, are great!

This hostel is located in the Lower Garden District. It was the perfect location to get around New Orleans. The staff was friendly and recommended some cool things to due on a budget. The atmosphere was great and we met people from all over the world. I would definitely go back there on my next time through New Orleans.

• 29th Apr 2014

Great staff, great atmosphere, great terrace,... Great Hostel!

Thanks to the staff, you were nothing but great. Specially Caleb. Hope you have a good time around, as I hope you did in Belize. Maybe we'll cross paths again in the future, although we may not be aware of it. Cheers, mates!

I loved my stay here. The staff are so friendly and helpful. It was my first time staying in a hostel and traveling alone and the staff were very keen to help me out and make me feel comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and couldn't recommend it more to anyone traveling to New Orleans.

• 21st Apr 2014

Staff was great!!!!

The staff were amazing especially Caleb . He made the entire stay in New Orleans just that little extra special. The hostel itself was perfect easy walk from the city centre , bourbon street and 500m from Walmart. Could not have asked for more from a hostel

Great location. Manageable walking distance to downtown area and close to Magazine Street which is also worth checking out. I would definitely recommend this place.

Though a bit out of the way (particularly in light of of New Orleans' less-than-stellar public transit system), the hostel is still clean, well-stocked and provides a nice indoor/outdoor common area. For once my traveling partner and I enjoyed a private room, which had a fantastic air conditioner. It also had a couple of earwigs, but it is the Bayou in Spring, hard to blame them! I'd stay again, the staff and other visitors were fantastic!

the staff was extremely helpful and made my stay pleasant. The place had some usual wear and tear but to be expected. My overall stay was good.

• 4th Apr 2014

I had a great stay! The staff is amazing and the atmosphere made for one of the best hostel experiences I've had! It's not too far out of town, only 15 minutes on the streetcar and only a $7 cab ride at night. My only "complaint" is that it was so much fun hanging out on the patio that sometimes it was hard to leave : )

Good stay at aae house .. Great staff and friendly people, everything needed is there .. Can't ask for much more.

• 2nd Apr 2014

We were a bit hesitant at first as the area looks a bit dodgy. But as soon as we got into the hostel and had introductions etc. all worries vanished! Amazing spot and very convenient to the trolley straight into bourbon at and the French quarter!! Pancakes are awesome..I want the recipe!! Everyone very friendly! Would def stay here again!

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Stayed at Bourbon three weeks. Staff was very good about finding accommodation when I had no bed. Caleb Breen was cool as hell. Made a fun atmosphere with easy conversation and a right jolly mood. Led group tours to Parisols!!! Awesome po boy :)

The staff were excellent. So friendly and took time when explaining directions or giving suggestions! The outdoor space was cozy and always had people lounging there. It's within blocks of magazine street/garden district and just a 25 min streetcar ride to the French Quarter, which was great. The only thing that would need improvement are the bathrooms and bathroom cleanliness. But you definitely get more than what you paid for when you stay at AAE and I'd recommend it to my friends.

We stayed at AAE Bourbon House Hostel for two nights and will not be staying there again! There was a bedside drawer that had someone's toenail clippings in it, obviously this was disgusting. The lamp on the drawer would not turn on because the cord was cut. Not sure the bed sheets were that clean or even changed, so slept on top of the duvet just in case. The bathroom was shared and took a long time to get decently warm water going. Guy at the check in was nice, location could be better.

• 11th Mar 2014

Very homely environment. It was nice pleasant stay!

• 7th Mar 2014