AAE Bourbon House Hostel Reviews

1660 Annunciation Street, Amtrack GreyHound Location, New Orleans, USA

Lovely, quirky little hostel in a quiet area about 30 mins walk out from the French quarter. Staff were great, particularly Nigel who gave me a lift to the Greyhound station and made me feel extremely welcome in his wonderful city.

You definitely can't go wrong for $16 per night. Free transfers to and from the bus station, and info about very cheap rides to the airport. Lots of common area, and cool staff, especially Caleb and Nigel. COLD aircon which was vital while I was in New Orleans. Only 5 minutes walk to a Walmart with is a huge bonus. About a 20-25 minute walk to Bourbon Street, and the board displaying all the gigs on any given night is very helpful.

Pro's: Clean, well equipped kitchen. Knowledgeable and friendly staff, always willing to help. I met a lot of fun people and the location is ok, close to Magazine Street. Con's: the toilets and bathrooms were not clean. Also some bathrooms and toilets could not be locked, which I found very uncomfortable. My bed was hard to get in to (slept on the top bed of a bunk bed) and was very shaky. My bedroom didn't have any windows. Overall I did not really like my stay. I didn't feel 'at home'.

Really enjoyed my time at the Bourbon House. The staff was was very helpful in figuring things out. Everyone was really friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• 18th May 2014

This place has potentials but it could be so much better. The pros are its friendly staff. The dorm rooms are spacious and comfortable. The AC is blazing. But the common room is so drab and inadequate. The patio is filled with run down furniture. Wifi is super slow, there are no lockers, there are no paper towels (another reviewer pointed this out) in the kitchen or in the bathrooms. In short, for $20/night I had a low expectation and it barely met it.

• 15th May 2014

It's a great place and reasonably priced, not to far from the french quarter. Just one thing needs fixing, the bathroom door will not lock, and that's a privacy issue.

• 7th May 2014

Excellent atmosphere. Is a decent walk to Frenchman Street however. Staff were awesome. Two main complaints: #1 is the lockers don't fit anything inside of them! #2 is that the showers are so hot you come out sweating more than when you went in!

Great value for money considering it was like $20 a night. It's relatively close to AMAZING New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter and Walmart if you need anything. The staff were great and helped me organise tours, etc. It's a pretty chikked aout place, always someone around that's up for a chat or drink. Would recommend...

Very eco friendly hostel which is great to see. Staff members, Shane and Caleb, are great!

This hostel is located in the Lower Garden District. It was the perfect location to get around New Orleans. The staff was friendly and recommended some cool things to due on a budget. The atmosphere was great and we met people from all over the world. I would definitely go back there on my next time through New Orleans.

• 29th Apr 2014

Great staff, great atmosphere, great terrace,... Great Hostel!

Thanks to the staff, you were nothing but great. Specially Caleb. Hope you have a good time around, as I hope you did in Belize. Maybe we'll cross paths again in the future, although we may not be aware of it. Cheers, mates!

I loved my stay here. The staff are so friendly and helpful. It was my first time staying in a hostel and traveling alone and the staff were very keen to help me out and make me feel comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and couldn't recommend it more to anyone traveling to New Orleans.

• 21st Apr 2014

Staff was great!!!!

The staff were amazing especially Caleb . He made the entire stay in New Orleans just that little extra special. The hostel itself was perfect easy walk from the city centre , bourbon street and 500m from Walmart. Could not have asked for more from a hostel

Great location. Manageable walking distance to downtown area and close to Magazine Street which is also worth checking out. I would definitely recommend this place.

Though a bit out of the way (particularly in light of of New Orleans' less-than-stellar public transit system), the hostel is still clean, well-stocked and provides a nice indoor/outdoor common area. For once my traveling partner and I enjoyed a private room, which had a fantastic air conditioner. It also had a couple of earwigs, but it is the Bayou in Spring, hard to blame them! I'd stay again, the staff and other visitors were fantastic!

the staff was extremely helpful and made my stay pleasant. The place had some usual wear and tear but to be expected. My overall stay was good.

• 4th Apr 2014

I had a great stay! The staff is amazing and the atmosphere made for one of the best hostel experiences I've had! It's not too far out of town, only 15 minutes on the streetcar and only a $7 cab ride at night. My only "complaint" is that it was so much fun hanging out on the patio that sometimes it was hard to leave : )

Good stay at aae house .. Great staff and friendly people, everything needed is there .. Can't ask for much more.

• 2nd Apr 2014