AAE Bourbon House Hostel Reviews

1660 Annunciation Street, Amtrack GreyHound Location, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

It was old and very dirty ; breakfast very poor ; we were waked many times during the night by people who ring the bell because door doesn't open with the card. Room to eat was outside and bad covered from the rain. There were no glasses to drink In french : vetuste, sale, mal equipe : notament une seule SDB qui ferme sur 2 pour une quinzaine de personnes, petit dejeuner minimal, repos nocturne non respecte suite a probleme avec l'ouverture de la porte : je ne recommande pas cette auberge

Personal opinion: I believe you guys should have toiletries for sell such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, lotion, soap and also each location should have local bus and train schedules available and/or the phone numbers. Otherwise my stay wast comfortable and nice.

• 5th Jul 2013

Facility overall great, refrigerator needs emptying. dryer needs upgrade. take a terribly long time to do laundry. The staff I worked with was very unanimated, like they didn't want to be there. It drew a great crowd of people. but that is how Hostels are. I have been in Hostels in 20 different countries. I would go there again.

staff very kind

We stayed for one night, and I wish we could have stayed longer, because this hostel seemed great! Excellent outdoor area, good location with good transport links, etc. We stayed in a double room and everything was fine. Only criticism could be that the walls are pretty thin so you can hear people downstairs at 7 a.m., etc., if they're talking at a normal-loud level, but it didn't really bother me. Anyway I fully recommend this hostel!

I only stayed one night there, but this hostel is very good. The staff was very helpful and nice, my 6 beds mixed dorm was quiet and I slept very well. There's lockers in the room for your valuables, the door of the dorm opened with a code and you needed a card to open the door from the house, so it all seemed really safe. Wifi was working fine. The hostel is in a good neighborhood and there's plenty of room to park in the street and public transport is not too far. Would definitely recommend!

The staff were really helpful, especially Ryan. Really good place to stay and great value for money.

Great location neat transport to the French quater doesn't take much time to get there, great kitchen and breakfast in the morning. They have all the tours hou could want to do. The atmosphere is excellent! Met some people on the first night and went out to a jazz clubs with them, so fun! And a special thanks to the staff Ali and Shane who were kinda enough to organise amd post my phone which I forgot to my next hostel! Thanks guys!!! I definitely recommend this hostel to everyone

• 26th Jun 2013

Fairly decent hostel, around 20min walk from French quarter. Walls are thin, so can get relatively loud at times. Not a super clean hostel, but acceptable. The 5 stars is purely down to the staff; Alan, Tai and especially Ali. He was truly accommodating, this place will not be the same without him!

• 24th Jun 2013

Staff were really friendly and the place was clean and quiet. Lovely neighborhood not far from Magazine St, though a bit of a trek from the streetcar. Office only open 7am-midnight, but will work with you to accommodate unusual flight/bus schedules. Pancakes at breakfast! Laundry available for $4, towels for $2. Appreciated the pickup and dropoff at the Amtrak station. Cash only at reception.

Fantastic hostel, we arrived at 8am and they picked us up from the greyhound station. We met some fantastic people too, and thourally enjoyed new Orleans

• 14th Jun 2013

Hostel set up in a couple of converted houses in the lower garden district. My room did not smell good, and the linen was not clean. Nearby bathrooms all smelt of mould and had drainage and ventilation issues. One bathroom has the sink drain pvc pipe emptying directly onto the shower recess, another was waterlogged under the linoleum. Furniture was old and filthy. Staff generally were excellent and helpful. Outdoor area is nice.

Considering all the hostels that I stayed in the United States, this one was the worse one. For many times, I saw some roaches inside my room. It was disgusting. As I was in the room besides the main door, there were a lot of noises along the night. On the other hand, however, I need to register that the staff of this hostel is absolutely friendly. I will never forget Ali, the most friendly guy that I've seen in my life!

Great friendly staff. Couple blocks off from some shops and restaurants. 10 minute walk to the street cars and about an $8 cab ride from the French quarter. Would definitely stay there again.

I LOVED my stay, from checking in with Ali, getting a clean room, a tour around, seeing the security measures, meeting all the other guests who were open and fun, getting trip suggestions, throwing parties and going out with new friends to the French Quarter, walking a few blocks to the amazing houses of the Garden District, everything made my stay awesome. Thanks to Ali, Shane, and Ty, and got to say hello and goodbye to Ula. Only thing that was a drawback was the shower drain, but Im OCD :)

• 4th Jun 2013

I stayed one night here and one night at another hostel in New Orleans. I much preferred this one because it had more of a community atmosphere, the outside doors are locked for safety, the staff was SUPER friendly and helpful, and it was much easier/felt safer to walk to the french quarter from here, though the other hostel wasn't much further. I highly recommend this place if you're going to New Orleans!

• 31st May 2013

Great hostel with great staff. Location is a bit out of the way from centre but easily accessible. Awesome common area to meet other people. Watch your drinks in town!

Great hostel with amazing staff. The people that work here really care about their guests. They are very helpful and will hang out with you at night at the hostel. The location was good and the neighborhood felt safe. Would stay here again if i returned to N'awlins!

I am in the 6 people room and it only costs $18 per night. There is not enough staff in the hostel, so everything depends on yourself. There is a nice kitchen that you can do almost everything you want to do. The only drawback it is not clean enough everywhere, but it is worthwhile with the price to pay. Strong recommendation if you are a diaos, like me~ haha~

bring lock for locker. the ones provided are not good at all. I didnt lose anything, all of the guests were great. Towels are extra. The water in the bathroom I used never really heated up. The staff was nice and helpful in giving directions around town. pickup at the station was great. thanks for a great stay!

• 25th May 2013