AAE Bourbon House Hostel Reviews

1660 Annunciation Street, Amtrack GreyHound Location, New Orleans, USA

A nice place, worn around the edges, the bed was quite uncomfortable and there wasn't much space inside to sit, buuuut the staff were really nice, very helpful and friendly and worth the stay for them! Pancakes were a nice breakfast. There's a bit of a walk to the tram but not too long. With exception of the bed a nice place.

Loved our stay, wish it would have been longer!

• 20th Sep 2013

The best staff of any hostel I've ever stayed in without a doubt! Super friendly And extremely helpful had an amazing time in New Orleans due in a big part to this hostel! Would recommend this place to anyone!

An average Hostel with rather poor facilities. They do not take cards for payment and there is a charge for the Cash Machine located in the Hostel. The toilets and showers are quite grubby. The 'included breakfast' consisted of a mix to make pancakes and coffee (sometimes) there was one washing machine and one dryer shared between the guests and hostel. I think more signs and notices about facilities would help. The staff, especially the guy who was there most of the day were good.

Great staff, comfy beds, nice outdoor area. Location was good, bit of a walk to to the tram but direct to the center of town.

Staff is very good. Management is very cheap about upkeep. Do not replace lights till all fail. Porch light permanently failed. One shower faucett lose. Etc. Kitchen very good. Free pickup and drop off at Amtrek and Greyhound very good and unusual in USA. Management needs to spend the time and money to repair and fix up the place or they will get a poor rating in the future from people used to hostels where things work and are kept up. Could be one of the best in New Orleans if did upkeep.

Good hostel - the location is only a short bus/taxi ride away from the main tourist attractions and the rooms are reasonably comfortable. The free breakfast of pancakes is a good bonus. The only annoyance was that our room faced on to the outdoor area which got quite loud on our last night (until like 3am) with people drinking outside. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.

Shane and James were the best staff that I had travelling the world! The hostel had a great atmosphere and I met tons of travelers to explore New Orleans with. This hostel is very close to all places to see in the city. I was able to book really good day trips and I couldn't be happier with the stay here.

A little scruffy, but makes up for it in character, don't worry it is clean. Really close (10 minute walk) to the St Charles streetcar, which runs 24/7 by the way, and despite the lack of street lights it's a safe neighborhood. Free wifi and cook-yourself pancake breakfast makes this place perfect to base your trip to New Orleans :) Staff super helpful!!!

• 6th Sep 2013

I would give this hostel all good marks except for the lack of air conditioned eating space. Otherwise, let me take a moment to say just how really wonderful the staff are. Shane is the understated mastermind of the operation, his every utterance and recommendation a jewel to be caught and treasured. His evenhanded treatment of the most inebriated or befuddled guest a true study in hospitality. Ryan is a total sweetheart. He knows his stuff and really cares. Hope, in housekeeping, ROCKS.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, gave me a tour of the hostel, helped me book my tours, etc. I love the patio, and that the rooms have a good AC. Only downside: Neighbourhood is a little sktechy, didn't feel to comfortable walking around at night. But right around the corner there is the garden district, which is beautiful and good residential neighbourhood!

all the Staff are great! i had a great time here

this is the other hostel i stayed in new orleans and is a good little hostel, the only problem is that its a little bit out of the main bit of new orleans take about 15-20 mins into where bourbon street is but nice friendly hostel,its in a secure area aswell

The atmosphere of this hostel was brilliant!, the showers were a bit dodgy I think they need to invest some money to refurbish the bathrooms as the showers were grotty but still loved my stay!

good hostel better than india hostel !!

It was alright, but it was missing a bit of the new orleans feeling. Clean, spacious and great kitchen facilities.

This hostel is far from the tourist area, so going out will be hard. Stay at this hostel if you want to see architecture and have a less rowdy experience. The hostel is in the garden district, the houses in the area are beautiful, historic and the cool thing about it, not widely traveled by tourists. Now for the bad, this hostel is more of a rest stop for people, its really a hotel type experience, so dont expect to party here. Also it only has 3 bathrooms so plan showers & hangovers accordingly

I had a great time from the time i stepped into all the way to my last step out. I was lucky enough to some how find this hostel and when i checked in it was the sister hostel to my first hostel experience in Chicago. I had a great time the staff was great and and the tiki hang out in the back was just the spot to hang out at any time of my visit. If I am ever back in New Orleans or Chicago I will chose the IHSP over any Hotel. Thank you for the great time and the memories.

• 27th Aug 2013

Good location, nice pancake breakfasts, friendly and helpful staff, good wifi. Only shortfall is that the hostel needs more showers.

I'm really glad I stayed at the AAE Bourbon. I felt totally comfortable, met nice people and the staff was super nice and helpful! If I ever come back to New Orleans, I'll stay there again :)