AAE Bourbon House Hostel Reviews

1660 Annunciation Street, Amtrack GreyHound Location, New Orleans, USA

A little scruffy, but makes up for it in character, don't worry it is clean. Really close (10 minute walk) to the St Charles streetcar, which runs 24/7 by the way, and despite the lack of street lights it's a safe neighborhood. Free wifi and cook-yourself pancake breakfast makes this place perfect to base your trip to New Orleans :) Staff super helpful!!!

• 6th Sep 2013

I would give this hostel all good marks except for the lack of air conditioned eating space. Otherwise, let me take a moment to say just how really wonderful the staff are. Shane is the understated mastermind of the operation, his every utterance and recommendation a jewel to be caught and treasured. His evenhanded treatment of the most inebriated or befuddled guest a true study in hospitality. Ryan is a total sweetheart. He knows his stuff and really cares. Hope, in housekeeping, ROCKS.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, gave me a tour of the hostel, helped me book my tours, etc. I love the patio, and that the rooms have a good AC. Only downside: Neighbourhood is a little sktechy, didn't feel to comfortable walking around at night. But right around the corner there is the garden district, which is beautiful and good residential neighbourhood!

all the Staff are great! i had a great time here

this is the other hostel i stayed in new orleans and is a good little hostel, the only problem is that its a little bit out of the main bit of new orleans take about 15-20 mins into where bourbon street is but nice friendly hostel,its in a secure area aswell

The atmosphere of this hostel was brilliant!, the showers were a bit dodgy I think they need to invest some money to refurbish the bathrooms as the showers were grotty but still loved my stay!

good hostel better than india hostel !!

It was alright, but it was missing a bit of the new orleans feeling. Clean, spacious and great kitchen facilities.

This hostel is far from the tourist area, so going out will be hard. Stay at this hostel if you want to see architecture and have a less rowdy experience. The hostel is in the garden district, the houses in the area are beautiful, historic and the cool thing about it, not widely traveled by tourists. Now for the bad, this hostel is more of a rest stop for people, its really a hotel type experience, so dont expect to party here. Also it only has 3 bathrooms so plan showers & hangovers accordingly

I had a great time from the time i stepped into all the way to my last step out. I was lucky enough to some how find this hostel and when i checked in it was the sister hostel to my first hostel experience in Chicago. I had a great time the staff was great and and the tiki hang out in the back was just the spot to hang out at any time of my visit. If I am ever back in New Orleans or Chicago I will chose the IHSP over any Hotel. Thank you for the great time and the memories.

• 27th Aug 2013

Good location, nice pancake breakfasts, friendly and helpful staff, good wifi. Only shortfall is that the hostel needs more showers.

I'm really glad I stayed at the AAE Bourbon. I felt totally comfortable, met nice people and the staff was super nice and helpful! If I ever come back to New Orleans, I'll stay there again :)

Staff here are amazing! So helpful and nice. They run a shuttle from the greyhound,Amtrak or megabus. Location is just 10minutes from bourbon or Frenchman st. More bathrooms could be of use, but was never waiting too long. Communal outside area so easy to meet other travellers.

Love the free shuttle service from the amtrak station! works perfectly and the location is good, a short walk to walmart and the trams into the main part of town! I think this hostel would be much better suited to someone who is over the age of 21 because of how easy it is to get to the world famous Bourbon street!

Pretty good place to stay though most of the people were there to party so don't expect much quiet.

It's a great place

• 11th Aug 2013

We had a great time at Bourbon House, we had no issues with the area and it was only ever $12 for a taxi to the french quarter. The communal areas make it really easy to meet loads of people and James' food that he cooked some nights was really good and very cheap! Only thing I didn't like was that everything felt damp. All the facilities were usable but there were definitely some showers I avoided because I didn't feel like they were clean ... The cleaning girl went around everyday though!

Truly exceed expectations. Comfortable, lovely decorations, clean. Staff was very helpful and informative, rooms were secure, quiet area. Pool area was great to make new friends, home cooked meals for $5bucks. Trolley cart right at the corner. Could not have asked for more.

• 11th Aug 2013

wonderful hostel. amazing people staying there, nice and helpful staff! Great stay in New Orleans!

Very close to the streetcar, so it's very easy to reach the french quater, even though it is a bit off.

• 10th Aug 2013