AAE Hostel Seattle Reviews

2301 8th Avenue, Seattle, USA

So let me preface this by saying that I stayed in a "private" not the dorms. I never saw the dorms, so I can't say what those were like, but for the private room....we were SO HAPPY! It's a Best Western that uses some rooms as a hostel, so our private room that we paid $89/night for was just a normal hotel room with 2 double beds and ALL the hotel amenities. I looked it up, and other guests were paying $169-229 for the exact same room, but because we booked it as a hostel, it was cheap!

Not much to add. Everything was pretty smooth and we enjoyed our stay stay pretty much at the Loyal Inn. Why is it called AAE Hostel if its name is Loyal Inn?

• 4th Aug 2014

This really is a Best Western Hotel that has an affiliation with AAE. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable, and have a/c. Given Seattle's prices, the rates are excellent. I don't know, though, if they have dorms as you'd usually find in a hostile. My only negative is that there is nothing to identify the building as "AAE Hostel."

I was impressed with accommodation and attention to environmental issues, e.g. non allergic cleaning products. Great location near Whole Foods store and a microwave in room. Bed was clean and comfortable and front desk staff very helpful. Only reservation was that two taxes were added to the bill- one the usual sales tax, the other a $2 tourist tax and these weren't made explicit when I made the booking. Breakfast ok but gluten free bread and granola for wheat free guests would be appreciated.

• 16th Jun 2014

The staff being average is due only to one staff member who left a very bad taste in our mouth, everyone else was very helpful and nice. The value for money is Average due to the staff member mentioned above telling us our booking didn't include tax and we had to pay $419.50 not the quoted amount of $355.96 on the booking. No amount of discussion would alter her stance. We couldn't get through to her that we had paid a deposit which she hadn't taken off the invoice she created.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay, can walk to Pike Place or Space Needle. Rooms were very clean, we were able to store our bags since we arrived early for free. Will stay here again if we end up in Seattle again!

Clean, Tidy, safe and convenient. Staff were helpful and I would stay there again. I would suggest however that when confirming a booking that suggested travel info is made available e.g. The ability to travel by Light Rail from SEATAC and where the best station is to alight from and catch a cab to the hotel. This would allow for families on a budget to make an economical saving in lieu of an expensive cab ride from the airport.

• 21st May 2014

They did not have our reservation on file, wanted to charge us $180.00 when we arrived at 11:00 pm. Rooms are very old and not kept up. Bedding is horrific, mold in bathroom. Muggy as window air conditioning was not working well. Had to wait until am for my office to fax over my confirmation as the taxi driver that took us to hotel kept our paperwork with address. They did honor the hostelworld price, just frustrating.

• 15th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

There is no AAE Hostel. This was a booking agency for holiday Inn to my surprise.

• 9th May 2014

Some staff was very good, friendly and was willing to reply your questions. But some staff was not. The Asian girl is not much friendly even she answered your questions but, seemed like she was not willing too. Her face liked she was moody. Facility and Breakfast are so nice. Own cooking Waffle is the best choice for breakfast.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Charge me twice on tax. Disappointed.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • China

Not a hostel..actually the best western hotel. So don't stay here if you want a hostel. But otherwise is a good hotel, good location and price

Nothing fancy, but for the price it was great. Great location, short walk to shopping on Pike/Pine. Large liquor store right next door. Staff was really helpful and nice. Quite surprised room had a mini fridge, microwave and a coffee machine. Will stay again.

• 15th Jan 2014

This isn't a hostel, it's a best western hotel! This aside, the hotel is in a great location to great Seattle attractions such as the Space Needle

For someone who is looking for a real hostel experience it won't be found here. I was looking forward to a true hostel stay, this was just a hotel with hostel room rates. I was also a little miffed that paying for an overnight parking permit wasn't mentioned anywhere when I booked. It would have been nice to have factored that into the cost which in the end wasn't all that cost effective for a "hostel" stay.

I booked it as a hotel but it was not a hostel. Actually it was a hotel called best western inn. But i really enjoyed staying there!! :) They offer a great breakfast in the morning and access to the computer 24hours. Clean and great facility! I strongly recommend this hotel! :)

Excellent hotel with nice and helpful staff, very good location as there is just a short walk from the hotel to downtown Seattle

not really a hostel...served my needs..i'm good

• 4th Dec 2013

HOTEL NOT A HOSTEL!!! It's a good hotel, good location near Seattle centre, quiet rooms etc. however, I was purposely looking for a hostel not a hotel. While my stay was fine, I feel mislead by hotel owners.

No complaints at all. Love the waffle maker in the breakfast room, and the rooms themselves were really comfy. Excellent job!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7