AAE Hostel Seattle Reviews

2301 8th Avenue, Seattle, USA

This is not a Hostel. It turned out that AAE contracted our reservation to a Best Western. It was very confusing when we were trying to find the address as there was no AAE Hostel. Only after going into a few places in the area did we find out that they contract bookings out to a Best Western. I even emailed about parking and no one explained the situation. The location was good but otherwise I feel this listing was a bit misleading.

Super value in the center of Seattle!! I searched and searched for a reasonable place to stay on our recent vacation and it was,very difficult to find a hotel in this area under $300. Great location with nice continental breakfast , hot tub and newspaper delivered to your door.. This is not a hostel, it is the Best Western Loyal Inn.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very clean & comfortable. Good location.

• 10th Aug 2015

Staff very friendly and helpful. Gym could use a treadmill.

• 9th Aug 2015

This was not a hostel, it was the Best Western Loyal Inn. AAE is just a booking company reselling the hotel. I found this quite confusing, as I was looking for something with AAE on it.

Enjoyed our stay, but the fees and tabulation of the bill were difficult to understand (both on the email confirmation when I made the booking and when we checked out). Nothing seemed to add up easily and despite a booking deposit being taken in advance, it did not show up on the final bill.

• 3rd Aug 2015

First day, I could hear lots noise from upstairs. So, we changed room. Nice breakfast, friendly staff, and cleaned. It was reasonable hotel!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Great place to stay in Seattle on a moderate budget! Location was good and the free breakfast was even better. Not a frilly hotel by any means, but it was a comfortable stay. I find it bizarre however that this booking is actually for a Best Western Hotel, not a hostel and not anything called "AAE"! This was confusing for us upon arrival and I don't understand the reason for this inconsistency, I feel that many travellers may be wasting a lot of time driving around the block trying to find it.

• 5th Jun 2015

This is a scam. The hostel does not exist.

• 7th Mar 2015

we were upset that after we 20 minutes after we booked a room, our ride to seattle fell through and we tried to cancel or reservation but they were strict to the 'no cancelations within 24 hours' of planned stay. we werent able to make it in time or at all, because our train ride was the next morning, and they charged us the full $90 dollars. they wouldn't re-imburse us.

• 11th Jan 2015

Will definitely stay again great hotel and great value for your $

Staff in a hotel was discusting.Once we arrrive to the front desk guy was so unfriendly and no willing to help cuz we had issue with a credit card and they didn't want to accept busines company card and we literaly stay on the street in late evening and we went to other hotel who disn't make any drama about busines card and accept as for whole week to stay.Strongly not reccomended hotel to stay in.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

This is a nice hotel masquerading as a hostel so was not at all what my friends and l were expecting. It was good value for 3 of us and the breakfast was v nice plus self serve so you could have as much as you want

• 1st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff was spectacular. Had 2 presenting issues on arrival.. leaking face-bowl and rattling AC. Immediate repairs were done including totally replacing the AC and the faucet. Housekeeping (Rosa) was so good, so thorough, so personable. Breakfast was generous and the room kept clean and orderly. Desk personnel were universally welcoming and helpful, esp. Dave and David.

• 10th Sep 2014

Hotel was good. However, HostelWorld misled us, then used misdirection to refuse to address our complaint, namely HostelWorld took a deposit from us - which should mean a figure discounted from the final total - but in truth is a straight fee ($60 over two nights) added to the hotel's final tally. Tax was also absent from HostelWorld's calculations.

• 1st Sep 2014

So let me preface this by saying that I stayed in a "private" not the dorms. I never saw the dorms, so I can't say what those were like, but for the private room....we were SO HAPPY! It's a Best Western that uses some rooms as a hostel, so our private room that we paid $89/night for was just a normal hotel room with 2 double beds and ALL the hotel amenities. I looked it up, and other guests were paying $169-229 for the exact same room, but because we booked it as a hostel, it was cheap!

Not much to add. Everything was pretty smooth and we enjoyed our stay stay pretty much at the Loyal Inn. Why is it called AAE Hostel if its name is Loyal Inn?

• 4th Aug 2014

This really is a Best Western Hotel that has an affiliation with AAE. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable, and have a/c. Given Seattle's prices, the rates are excellent. I don't know, though, if they have dorms as you'd usually find in a hostile. My only negative is that there is nothing to identify the building as "AAE Hostel."

I was impressed with accommodation and attention to environmental issues, e.g. non allergic cleaning products. Great location near Whole Foods store and a microwave in room. Bed was clean and comfortable and front desk staff very helpful. Only reservation was that two taxes were added to the bill- one the usual sales tax, the other a $2 tourist tax and these weren't made explicit when I made the booking. Breakfast ok but gluten free bread and granola for wheat free guests would be appreciated.

• 16th Jun 2014

The staff being average is due only to one staff member who left a very bad taste in our mouth, everyone else was very helpful and nice. The value for money is Average due to the staff member mentioned above telling us our booking didn't include tax and we had to pay $419.50 not the quoted amount of $355.96 on the booking. No amount of discussion would alter her stance. We couldn't get through to her that we had paid a deposit which she hadn't taken off the invoice she created.

• 8th Jun 2014