AAE Hostel Seattle Reviews

2301 8th Avenue, Seattle, USA

Will definitely stay again great hotel and great value for your $

Staff in a hotel was discusting.Once we arrrive to the front desk guy was so unfriendly and no willing to help cuz we had issue with a credit card and they didn't want to accept busines company card and we literaly stay on the street in late evening and we went to other hotel who disn't make any drama about busines card and accept as for whole week to stay.Strongly not reccomended hotel to stay in.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

This is a nice hotel masquerading as a hostel so was not at all what my friends and l were expecting. It was good value for 3 of us and the breakfast was v nice plus self serve so you could have as much as you want

• 1st Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff was spectacular. Had 2 presenting issues on arrival.. leaking face-bowl and rattling AC. Immediate repairs were done including totally replacing the AC and the faucet. Housekeeping (Rosa) was so good, so thorough, so personable. Breakfast was generous and the room kept clean and orderly. Desk personnel were universally welcoming and helpful, esp. Dave and David.

• 10th Sep 2014

Hotel was good. However, HostelWorld misled us, then used misdirection to refuse to address our complaint, namely HostelWorld took a deposit from us - which should mean a figure discounted from the final total - but in truth is a straight fee ($60 over two nights) added to the hotel's final tally. Tax was also absent from HostelWorld's calculations.

• 1st Sep 2014

So let me preface this by saying that I stayed in a "private" not the dorms. I never saw the dorms, so I can't say what those were like, but for the private room....we were SO HAPPY! It's a Best Western that uses some rooms as a hostel, so our private room that we paid $89/night for was just a normal hotel room with 2 double beds and ALL the hotel amenities. I looked it up, and other guests were paying $169-229 for the exact same room, but because we booked it as a hostel, it was cheap!

Not much to add. Everything was pretty smooth and we enjoyed our stay stay pretty much at the Loyal Inn. Why is it called AAE Hostel if its name is Loyal Inn?

• 4th Aug 2014

This really is a Best Western Hotel that has an affiliation with AAE. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable, and have a/c. Given Seattle's prices, the rates are excellent. I don't know, though, if they have dorms as you'd usually find in a hostile. My only negative is that there is nothing to identify the building as "AAE Hostel."

I was impressed with accommodation and attention to environmental issues, e.g. non allergic cleaning products. Great location near Whole Foods store and a microwave in room. Bed was clean and comfortable and front desk staff very helpful. Only reservation was that two taxes were added to the bill- one the usual sales tax, the other a $2 tourist tax and these weren't made explicit when I made the booking. Breakfast ok but gluten free bread and granola for wheat free guests would be appreciated.

• 16th Jun 2014

The staff being average is due only to one staff member who left a very bad taste in our mouth, everyone else was very helpful and nice. The value for money is Average due to the staff member mentioned above telling us our booking didn't include tax and we had to pay $419.50 not the quoted amount of $355.96 on the booking. No amount of discussion would alter her stance. We couldn't get through to her that we had paid a deposit which she hadn't taken off the invoice she created.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay, can walk to Pike Place or Space Needle. Rooms were very clean, we were able to store our bags since we arrived early for free. Will stay here again if we end up in Seattle again!

Clean, Tidy, safe and convenient. Staff were helpful and I would stay there again. I would suggest however that when confirming a booking that suggested travel info is made available e.g. The ability to travel by Light Rail from SEATAC and where the best station is to alight from and catch a cab to the hotel. This would allow for families on a budget to make an economical saving in lieu of an expensive cab ride from the airport.

• 21st May 2014

They did not have our reservation on file, wanted to charge us $180.00 when we arrived at 11:00 pm. Rooms are very old and not kept up. Bedding is horrific, mold in bathroom. Muggy as window air conditioning was not working well. Had to wait until am for my office to fax over my confirmation as the taxi driver that took us to hotel kept our paperwork with address. They did honor the hostelworld price, just frustrating.

• 15th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

There is no AAE Hostel. This was a booking agency for holiday Inn to my surprise.

• 9th May 2014

Some staff was very good, friendly and was willing to reply your questions. But some staff was not. The Asian girl is not much friendly even she answered your questions but, seemed like she was not willing too. Her face liked she was moody. Facility and Breakfast are so nice. Own cooking Waffle is the best choice for breakfast.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Charge me twice on tax. Disappointed.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • China

Not a hostel..actually the best western hotel. So don't stay here if you want a hostel. But otherwise is a good hotel, good location and price

Nothing fancy, but for the price it was great. Great location, short walk to shopping on Pike/Pine. Large liquor store right next door. Staff was really helpful and nice. Quite surprised room had a mini fridge, microwave and a coffee machine. Will stay again.

• 15th Jan 2014

This isn't a hostel, it's a best western hotel! This aside, the hotel is in a great location to great Seattle attractions such as the Space Needle

For someone who is looking for a real hostel experience it won't be found here. I was looking forward to a true hostel stay, this was just a hotel with hostel room rates. I was also a little miffed that paying for an overnight parking permit wasn't mentioned anywhere when I booked. It would have been nice to have factored that into the cost which in the end wasn't all that cost effective for a "hostel" stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7