AAE Hostels & Hotel San Diego Reviews

500 W.Broadway Street, San Diego, USA

There were homeless people around the hostel and in the lobby. The staff was unfriendly and the hostel smelled incredibly bad. One elevator was broken and the other one was operating very slow. Another guest told us that he was leaving first thing in the morning to another hostel due to the condition of this place. We walked up to our room and immediately left. I asked to be refunded and they said I could not get a refund, so we left and went to elsewhere. I felt unsafe and creeped out.

• 14th Sep 2013

I just stay for one night. The location is perfect. And it only fit for one night. Or I will be crazy for the facilities.

This is not a hostel with positive energy and nor social activities; it's part SRO (single residency occupancy); I can't keep my food in the fridge without it being stolen from the occupants staying there; it has a dark feeling of hopelessness, depression and loneness. There is this ongoing smell throughout the building as if the occupants do not use deodorant because it lingers on the carpet that should be replaced. The good thing is the location by the train/trolley stations and buses.

This was a really nice place. I only stayed there for one night. There wasn't any common room to meet people which was a bummer. But other than it was pretty good. I would stay here again.

Well located, staff not very receptive, though helpful.

This Hotel was more of an apartment not a Hostel, some visitors are long-term residents. If you want privacy but quick access to the Gaslamp this is a good choice. There are plenty of bathrooms and the dorm space is fair. This is not a social hostel more of a passing point. Easy access to the Trolley Station, (WHEEL FUN BIKE RENTALS) Bus stops, and Harbor Drive. The restaurant attached serves good breakfast at a small fee as well. Overall if you are mature come here.

When I arrived Teressa said the deposit I paid upon booking was a fee to hostelworld and charged me the full rate + taxes. I had the agreement printed but she & the manager the next day refused to honor it. They said they have this problem often & "don't know why the website says that." Hostelworld fails to mention the $30/day fee for their "convenient" parking. Between the slamming doors, people arguing, trains and the crossing signal for the train, I literally got 1-2 hours of sleep here.