AAE Howard Js Hotel at JFK Reviews

153-95 Rockaway Boulevard, Jamaica Area at JFK, New York, USA

Very clean and nice. I liked it and I would go back

For one of, if not the cheapest JFK hotels you can't knock it. Basic but clean room, friendly staff and driver, decent albeit basic continental breakfast. Bus stops coming and going to Jamaica station right outside the hotel so convenient and easy for a day trip into Manhattan if you have time. Slightly un-nerving area and the reception behind glass makes you think it's not the safest of areas; wouldn't suggest strolling the neighborhood but felt fine and safe within.

Not a good place to stay. And watch out. The staff might want to rip you off!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Estonia

Scary neigbourhood, bad smell in the hotel, felt unsecure, low standard overall.

• 27th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

Unfriendly shuttle-driver. Sticky floor in the elevator, dirty carpets everywhere. Weird smells everywhere (in room, bathroom, hallway, elevator, ...) . Hair in grumpily bathroom. Disgusting curtains. Reception staff was kind of helpful but not really friendly.

Noisy area but this is to be expected as its beside the airport. Perfect location for getting to the airport. Free shuttle service to the airport is very handy. Staff were friendly and facilities for breakfast were lovely.

When I arrived I was told that my reservation had been cancelled due my card had been declined. That was not possible because there was moneys available when I called from the check-in desk. I was told that there were no rooms available because they were expecting other guest who had not yet arrived. After discussing the situation with other desk clerks and perhaps a superisor (they were on the telephone with this person). After driving for approx 9 hrs I had to spend 1/2 hr try to get in.

• 5th Apr 2013

The staff was not clear, but the room was okay, and you got free breakfast in the morning.

You get what you pay for. The hotel is 45 min-1 hr away from Manhattan and further from other cities one might care to visit. The room was "picked up", I wouldn't consider it clean to my standards but we were traveling on a budget. It was loud in the middle of the night, but nothing I couldn't handle. The free breakfast was also a plus, not spectacular, but descent. The front desk receptionist, Unique, was great. She was helpful and made sure we were happy with our room.

• 10th Nov 2012

Don't book this hotel! It's a fraud! At the moment we arrived it was 1 am and the lady at the front desk wasn't pleasant, and even when I showed her the confirmation email from Hostelworld.com, she said they didn't receive our booking and that there wasn't any reservation in the system.

I liked the proximity to JFK airport, and the quietness of the hotel. As soon as I found out how to get the local bus, then metro into the city (about a 25 minute journey all up), it was fine. I enjoyed living in Queens - felt very safe, amongst kind and courteous people. The Air-train from JFK to Jamaica was great, then a 10 minute ($12 taxi ride, or Q6 bus to hotel). There is a free shuttle to the airport as well.

• 26th Sep 2012

It was nice notel close to JFK and free shuttle.Clean room and clean bathroom.Only bad thing is Hotel is far from city,you have to take a bus to go metro station.

• 23rd Sep 2012
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very poor breakfast,actually 2 days before to that, for the same price, I was in the hotel of Frankfurt ,Germany, I had excellent Breakfast! after that i was disappointed with Howard J for that.

• 17th Sep 2012
  • Belarus

The hotel itself was fine, the most important point is that its cheap and close to JFK airport. But if you leave the hotel, be prepared to be scared, as the area around it is kind of frightening.

Payed for use of local computers for printing. Didn't work properly, just swallowed our dollars. Neighbourhood shady especially at night. Busdriver kicked everybody out halfway on the route. At 10 pm.! Free transport to airport but driver begged for a tip! Looked angry when we refused to give one.

Staff were abrupt and a little rude but were helpful! Room was nice and clean but was expensive for the few hours we were there!

• 25th May 2012

WOW the chef was sooooooooooo rude!!! never would return again

Very poor staff!!! No smile at all!! No hello or good morning!! The room were okay but thats it.

• 22nd Mar 2012

The hotel was clean and tidy. We took the earliest shuttle at 5am. The driver asked us for tips.

• 7th Mar 2012
  • Hong Kong

The cake for breakfast is sometimes past due and not fresh.

• 31st Dec 2011