AAE New York Hostel Reviews

13909 89th Ave, JFK AIRPORT, New York, USA

We liked the hotel, especially the staff, that is always ready to help. We didn't like the torn towels. Anyway it's the best quality-price ratio.

NIce hostel

Unfortunately due to the Hurricane Irene, my booking was cancelled. The hostel was very responsive to the suitation, they sent email immediately after the notic so that the booking can be cancelled on time. But, I am still yet to receive any response from hostelworld.com on the deposit even if Cancellation Protection was purchased...

We found our room clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The E subway is a quick couple of blocks down the road, so we were able to visit all our points of interest without paying the high prices of downtown Manhattan. It was very convenient to have onsite parking. While it is clearly an economical, no-frills accommodation in a very working-class neighborhood, we felt it was very good value for our money. The continental breakfast had great waffles and crisp apples as a plus.

• 29th Jul 2011
  • Mixed Group

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone! Very dirty and the staff were very rude! Definitely not worth the price they charged us to stay there. The continental breakfast was lacking. It was hard to find a place to sit due to limited space.

the hostel is in a really bad place, really dangerous ... you can lose your life if you go back after 8 pm . people who work at front desk are weird , one of them was drunk of maybe took some drugs once , and another one ask some perverse question to my female friends

• 14th Jul 2011

Very clean wecolming place to stay. Close to the Metro

Close to many cheap fast-food-restaurants, the subway and the LIRR.

Me and my boyfriend enjoyed this place. I mean, it's not a fourstar hotel, probably not even a one. But after staying in a bunch of hostels around the world, getting used to a specific kind of standard, this was pretty ok. We found it clean and safe. But the street at night, seems a little dodgy. It's about a 30 min subwayride away from Manhattan, but that was never a problem for us. I could recommend this place for other budget travellers!

it's just motel in an area i would not want to go to at night. very far away from city-center,45 minutes on trains from manhatten, and there is much cheaper places,too.

1th: Cockroaches 2th: More cockroaches 3th: Mess left behinde/not cleaned up 4th: Again Cockroaches

• 2nd Sep 2010

Good value but too far from downtown to be a really useful base to see the city. Did not feel safe after dark outside. Rooms were spacious and clean although we had to be moved as rain came in through the window/wall.

We flew into LGA (6 miles from the hotel) and the hotel wouldn't take us on the shuttle (only to JFK). Our room was by a stairwell door and people-mostly staff were in and out of that door all night long- kept us awake. The remote in our room worked when it wanted to. I was very surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel since it was a Super8- it was very nice. I woulnd't stay there again, however, for the pure fact of loc and you cannot catch a taxi cab- only priv car serv which is expensive

It's a good and convenient place to stay on vacation, but a little bit far from town.

I and my family had a good time in New York in this hostel. It is two blocks far from the subway, 20 minutes from Manhattan in the Express train and 40 in the local....Be sure to take always the Express to Manhattan. I recomend it.

Tricky system of booking,specially before weekends and holidays...higher room price

Hello Ernesto, I am sorry that you view our rates as "tricky". That is not what we try to present. Most hotels and hostels increase their rates a little on weekends and on holidays. There is no trick, and we do offer our lowest rates when you book on line in advance. In many ways you should be happy you were not a walk in, we charged walk ins that weekend over 189 a room and 50 a dorm. Please be happy with the cheapest deals in New York we offer