AAE New York Long Term Apartment Reviews

E Train Subway Line at JFK, 139-09 89th Avenue at Jamaica Street, New York, USA

Great location, next to multiple food sources, mcdonalds, kfc, dunkin donuts, chinese restaurants. Close to both Sutphin bulvard and Jamaica Van Stations, within 5 mins walk. Secure. Pierre and JR are available during the day and extremely helpful, always looking to please. Free shuttle to the airport was great too. Room had air conditioning, wifi was fast, a bunk bed with sheets and towels provided. Shared bathroom and kitchen but both are fully stocked. All in all for the price great value.

This clearly the best value for your money you can find. The place is secure and is in a safe multi-ethnical neighborhood. Pierre is doing an excellent job in keeping the place clean. The bathroom is clean too, but it also depends on the people who use it. If you take a shower and you splash across the floor; it's common sense that you clean it up. Most people do that though. Anyway, I had a great time and am coming back at the end of July. Thank you Pierre for your help and hospitality.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

4 boys from Ireland originally stayed for 1 week and extended a further 2, cheap and cheerful and brilliant location only 10 minuters drive from the airport. The subway is just at the bottom of the street and is only 15 minutes from the rockafella and 30 minutes from times square. close to lots of delis and fast food restaraunts. Company owner very helpful and office just next door when needed! (grade 100%)

For the money you pay it is great..You have cheap supermarkets and little fresh produce shops around,so you can cook for cheap your own food. Dishes and cutlery are provided in the accommodation.The rubbish was taken out daily by Pierre. WiFi was working just fine+you have a PC as well.TV isnt working.You are close to two Metro stations and connections into Manhattan are usually fast (if you take the express train it takes 25 min only). We could leave our baggage there all day long.BUDGET-OPTION

I am so fortunate to have found this place for Spring Break! Yes it's a little far from other parts of New York City but hey that just gave me more time to read on the Subway. Pierre, the very nice and friendly man who runs the establishment is very accommodating to late check ins as long as you give him notice. Also great hot water, plenty of plugs in the room. He provides towels, and there are dishes in the kitchen, not to mention a fridge and WiFi. Also everything was very clean! Thanks!!!

• 21st Mar 2014

We were staying (2 girls) for one week and it was great and very good price for NY! The apartment is big, well heated, quiet (!)and its location is a very good starting point to go everywhere in NYC. The subway is around the corner and it takes you about 15min to Rockefeller and from there to everywhere, also late night to return. Near the apartment there are also supermarkets, fast foods etc. Owner Pierre was very helpful and friendly, he also picked us up on the JFK airport and drove us back.

there are just 2 good things to say about that "appartment", there is free wlan and a computer that can be used and the really low price. anything else sucks, there was a sign about cleaning once a day-good joke that rooms didnt got cleaned for months, there wasnot even a table in the kitchen and if both rooms are booked its gettin really crowded in there... we went there with 3 blokes that dont care too much about a clean room, but you defenitly cant go there with your girl..she wont like it.

• 29th Jan 2014

An outstanding option for those looking to stay in New York on a budget. Cheap, central to transport and with all adequate amenities; this is a terrific place to stay at. Pierre was very kind in picking us up from the airport when we arrived and also allowed us to checkout when we wanted which is extremely underrated.

As someone that regularly travels to NY I can guarantee with absolute certainty that u will not find a better Value for money in NYC.! The hostel is located in a safe neighborhood 5 minutes walk from the E and F trains, two of the main lines that take you to the heart of Manhattan. The hostel is clean, with a full kitchen that includes all the appliances and utensils u will need. Speedy wifi, controlled temperature and mostly the best hostel manager Pierre, helpful, kind and there to assist u!

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Greece

Quite far out from main New York as situated in Jamaica. At least half an hour subway to Manhattan. Less then optimum area, nothing happened to us but mainly non white area so we got a lot of looks walking down the street.

"nothing happened to you" is the key words there..thats because its a safe area but has a local flaire of hispanic workers that go to work daily..we clear this subject in our description. Happy Travels

the apartment is filthy! there are mice / rats and cockroaches. the location is not great - too far from manhattan - but the area is safe. however, it is the cheapest place you can stay at in nyc, so if you are not too picky stay here. there are 5 fast food places nearby:-)

we are not that dirty. the building behind us had some construction going on, which caused the mice to run across the yard. happy you enjoyed the 5 fast food places and know the neighborhood is safe

A great deal for the price. Pierre is a cool guy. Friendly and extremely helpful.

• 13th Apr 2013

Once you arrive you will be welcomed by Pierre who is a great guy that will make your Journey great. The place was very clean and the environment very comfty. I was really surprised on how close the environment was to the E Train which helpled me get back and forth to the city. Also I liked how I could go into the city at any time of the night and it was always safe for me to travel. I recommend this place if you want to go to some place that is inexpensive and conviently located.

• 3rd Mar 2013

Free transport to airport, free wifi, air-conditioner, super kitchen :)

AAE Hostels thanks you for chosing to stay with us in our long term option for New York

Mr. Pierre was very helpful and availailable when needed. Location is conveniently close to 2 subway lines.

• 24th Jul 2012
  • Finland

I like staying there. The host Pieree is very friendly, Every diffuculties are solved quicly and easy. Rooms are not large but comforttable. The location is very good. It's 15 minutes from JFK and 35 minutes to Manhattan by subway. 3 subway stations naer the hostel. 30 minutes to the Long Beach by train from Jamaica railroad station. Thanks to Pieree very much. I like this hosel. I am planning to return there.

• 16th Jul 2012
  • Russia

The beds were ok, we slept well but in the kitchen were bugs and that was disgusting. We got a spray to kill the bugs but that spray didn't smell good. After every day when we got home the apartment stank...

• 24th Jun 2012

I payd almost 1300USD for 21days. I had a small room with no aircon, and almost no ventilation. The temp at night was around 90F and it was almost impossible to sleep due to the heat. It was also very dirty and full of roaches. The comute from Manhattan and out to the apartment took almost 60min so a lot of my time was wasted on the subway! I basically fell like I got robbed!-even local people in downtown told me the it was a horribe deal! It was my 3rd time in NY and I should have known better!

• 17th Jun 2012
  • Norway

Actually the guy Pierre is very friendly and helped us finding the subway. He was always nice . It is right at the corner of a street. The apartment is very dirty and u rather smell a week and go to toilett at mcdonals then there... The kitchen is dirty like the fridge and they never empty the trash. U gotta do it by ur self and u should do because there are cockroaches... Even if u don't have food there !!! The beds were not that bad... U should get towels ... No just don't go there!

• 16th Jun 2012