6.9
Good 358 Total Reviews
6.9
Good 358 Total Reviews
AAE Portland Downtown Located at 415 SW Montgomery Street, Oregon, Portland.
USA
Portland Oregon 97201 415 SW Montgomery Street, Oregon
69% 358
45.5115348 -122.6810431
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2016
7.7

Clean and a good location. NOT A HOSTEL. Do not stay here for the environment or atmosphere of a hostel, if you need a quiet place to crash that's a little cheaper this will do the job. There is a lovely bar next door, but the place is in no way shape or form a hostel. Also there is a charge of $5 each to store luggage which is normally free in any hostel. The mixed dorm is broken into two rooms and only one is air conditioned the other has broken fans.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

It seemed like a hostel within an inn. No lounge to hang out in but the dorm room had a kitchen and bathroom which was cool. The lockers were a bit small and it would have been nice to have a top sheet on the bed. Clean and the staff were helpful. Not your typical hostel experience but the location was good and can't complain about the cost. Would stay there again.

• Argentina, Female, 31-40
21st Jul 2016
3.7

I reserved the hostel online and when I arrived they said I couldn't stay cause I was older than 30. They didn't mention this when I booked it, they never told me that and Portland was packed (that's why I went with a reservation here). I also commuted with all my bags to the hostel and was very uncomfortable to look for places and commute with them.

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
6.6

Quite a quirky setup, much more of a motel vibe than a hostel. No activities and the staff was not very engaged with us as hostel guests, though there was some travel flyers and information available. Would recommend this place only if you are spending most of your one out and about in the city and coming back only to sleep and shower. It is conveniently located right next to a good pizza joint, though. the setup is good for getting to know fellow travelers though, don't be afraid to chat!

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
17th Jul 2016
4.9

There is an 30 years age limit for the dorm rooms that I had booked I was unaware of. The gentleman at the front desk was extremely rude and said to my friend and I, "You can't stay here" without explaining the issue, how to resolve it and wasn't interested in honouring our reservation. He made a big display of making an exception for us and threatened if we left we wouldn't find somewhere cheaper. His attitude was horrendous. We left forfeiting our reservation. Disgraceful

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2016
7.7

Pros: Very large and spacious room that is self-contained with kitchen and bathroom and a little outdoor patio. Close to a few eateries. Staff are friendly. Cons: In a very quiet, non-happening part of the city. Internet drops out a lot during the day. This is not a hostel in the sense that there's organised social activities or a common area. It's really more like a motel. But no complaints on my end. We had an 8 bed room to myself and my friend.

• USA, Female, 41+
12th Jun 2016
4.9

The place smells.

24th May 2016

Great Location in the middle of Portland and great value for the $$.

• miss_brogan1253
  • England, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2016
3.7

this is not a hostel in any form it is a motel with one room of bunkbeds, a small kitchen which only has a top and microwave. No sheet is provided to put between yourself and the blanket which is not acceptable, that bathroom desperately needs an update the bath is vile! there is no way of really meeting others, and as its not a real hostel there are not many others to meet around, this is also no laundry room. I would not stay here especially for the price.

• Israel, Female, 31-40
3rd May 2016

Not a hostel, its a motel, but a very nice one. Not cheap, but for the last minute deal it was fair enough. The room was big, clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice. No breakfast. The area is nice and safe, I felt safe walking around as a woman traveling alone.