AAE Portland Downtown Reviews

415 SW Montgomery Street, Portland, Oregon, USA

The staff were actually very friendly and fulfilled promises to me. my only complaint is a small technical one. the fridge was set way too cold and it froze my apples. when i arrived it had been unplugged and the water from the icebox was in the bottom of the fridge so i mopped it up with a hand towel.

• 24th Mar 2014

Be careful with this hostel. I would not recomend it to a friend...

That's not a hostel neither an AAE, that's a motel,as you can check in many reviews . There is no traveler environment in this place at all. Also they are gonna try to scum you 5 $ more per night, first saying that this are the taxes, then when you check that is much more than the 15% stablished for Portland, they'll tell you that's because of the towels and sheets. When you tell them that in the webpage is written that they are for free, they are just gonna invite you to go to another hotel...

Great motel for a weekend trip to Portland. My buddy and I stayed in the Twin private and it exceeded expectations. Room was very clean and comfortable! Location is great. Atmosphere is somewhat lacking, but it motivates you to get out. Parking is safe, but fills up pretty quick. Staff were distant but helpful. There was an error in our booking and they sorted it out no problem. Would DEFINATELY stay here again when I return to Portland.

Was actually quite impressed- great value for money!

• 14th Feb 2014

More of a motel than a hostel, if you're looking for that sort of social atmosphere. Our private room with ensuite bathroom though was very clean and comfortable. Not too far from the more funky/hipster parts of Portland, though not really in the center of it all. Totally sufficient though.

First of all I've been charged a good 20% for "taxes" that were not specified by the website, even thought I don't know wheter it was the place or the website fault. Anyway, this is NOT an Hostel, as many people already pointed out. Is a Motel, the room is ok, but there are no facilities (no common rooms, kitchen, etc..) So if you want to meet people don't go there. Otherwise is ok. position is not bad and the room is quite clean and big, the bathroom was not the best, nor was the shower.

• 31st Dec 2013

We had a great stay! The room was nice and the beds were very comfortable. Could have used a little more shampoo but we were able to get more from the front desk. All in all everything was fine!

• 1st Dec 2013

1. It's not hostel, it's a motel. 2. It's not called AAE. It's called Downtown Vale Inn. so, they are eitger lazy or lying on this werbsite. I was looking for hostel as I needed to be able to cook own food due to dietry constraints. This place was advertised as a hostel but it is a motel with no hostel facilities. 3. Getting over these nasty surprises, place is good as a motel. University location, quiet, not far from city centre 4. If advertising was HONEST from start, would like a lot

The bed was squeaky and the blanket was thin, but it was a convenient location and I met some great people.

• 20th Nov 2013

This hostel is AWFUL! Being someone that has worked in/for a well established hostel in the past - I was extremely put off by the attitude, cleanliness, and general vibe of this place. It is dingy converted motel, and to my pleasant surprise the morning after spending my first night there - found bed bugs and bites all over me! Disgusting!!! Upon addressing the issue the workers essentially blamed this issue on me - which was simply NOT the case. Took forever to get a refund! Horrible place!!!!!

• 15th Nov 2013

This place was better then we expected. We thought we were going to get a backpackers but it was more like a hotel. The beds were amazing and we wanted to steal the pillows afterwards. The guy at the counter on night shift was excellent when we arrived telling us the essentials (the bars, food and Voodoo doughnuts) and the WiFi connection was brilliant. The only downside was that we couldn't get the hot water in the shower to work, but we just bathed out of the sink. Overall however it was great