AAE Portland Downtown Reviews

415 SW Montgomery Street, Oregon, Portland, USA

This is just a hotel. Shouldn't really be classed as a hostel. The main good points are Pizza Schmizza next door, and a Starbucks and train stop nearby.

Excellent place!

I was told that only people under 30 could stay at the hostel by a very rude employee. According to what he said, this fact was mentioned on the hostel's website but obviously I missed it totally. He also told me that he didn't know anything about my deposit and in a non very friendly way told me to get out.

Very nice hostel.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • China

Good location! But this hostel has the same problem of the all American hostel. They do not have interest to make a very nice hostel on a perfect way. But is this hostel is ok to spend 3 is 4 days.

This hostel was pretty cool. True, it's not your usual hostel, but it worked just fine for me. There's not really a central common area, but there are chairs, a couch, a tv with a dvd player, a kitchen (with free tea, coffee, and oh yeah, Waffles), and there's a nice little deck outside plus the usual bunk beds, lockers, bathroom, etc. The staff was helpful, they had a laundry room, and the location was convenient to everything in downtown. Best of all, I have some great memories from Portland.

• 14th Oct 2014

The location is bad, the room was OK, the place was so durty and gross and definetely no value for money, I pay more from what I expected.