AAE Portland Downtown

Good 366 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016
5.7

Too expensive for what you are getting -beds sqeeky, no mirror or separate sink in rooms, no breakfast or additional amenities

• Canada, Female, 18-24
30th Oct 2016
5.7

Good customet serice but the hostel room and especially bathroom was really dirty. Not the best atmosphere because its inside an older hotlel. But its an affordable place to stay in portland

• LillyGray
  • USA, Female, 25-30
11th Oct 2016
2.0

Horrible place. I needed somewhere to stay until my friend flew in from Bend. This place is located in the business district with not much to do. It was dirty, the beds were literally just spring with one blanket and to top it off I paid to check my bag for the day. When I came back they didn't even check my ID or see if I was a guest and just gave me access to all of the luggage to take my pick. Literally everything I owned was in that closet. I can only imagine what could have happened.

9th Oct 2016
6.0

This hostel was really just a few bunk beds placed in a hotel suite. Perfectly fine for a night where you only want to sleep, but I would not recommend if you're truly looking for the hostel experience.

• India, Male, 25-30
29th Sep 2016

Overall is very good to stay .

• England, Male, 41+
26th Sep 2016
5.1

I arrived at the hostel to be told I could not stay in the dorm that I had booked because I was aged over 30 & did not come from Portland. I was given the option to pay for a private room costing over $100 each night. The receptionist explained that this policy is in the small print. Because it was late in the day to find alternative accommodation I paid for a private room for one night & spent the evening arranging accommodation elsewhere for the second night.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2016
7.7

Clean and a good location. NOT A HOSTEL. Do not stay here for the environment or atmosphere of a hostel, if you need a quiet place to crash that's a little cheaper this will do the job. There is a lovely bar next door, but the place is in no way shape or form a hostel. Also there is a charge of $5 each to store luggage which is normally free in any hostel. The mixed dorm is broken into two rooms and only one is air conditioned the other has broken fans.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2016

It seemed like a hostel within an inn. No lounge to hang out in but the dorm room had a kitchen and bathroom which was cool. The lockers were a bit small and it would have been nice to have a top sheet on the bed. Clean and the staff were helpful. Not your typical hostel experience but the location was good and can't complain about the cost. Would stay there again.