AAE S.F. European Hostel Reviews

761 Minna Street, San Francisco, USA

One of the staff members should find another job because he hates people. Random people on the street will try to follow you into the hostel. The people staying there were fun though.

I would say this is a pretty good deal for a cheap hostel. I mean, it's a hostel and it's in San Francisco! (Cmon people! Other hostels in SF would charge you at least twice the price.) The room was clean. There was no bed bugs like what every body else says. The only problem that I had was just the hostel only has 2 bathrooms for each floor. That means you have to share one bathroom with probably 20 people. And believe me, it didn't feel good when you need to go in the morning.

There Were 2 receptionists, one was the nicest and friendliest person ever:) the other one was an a..hole. Charged us the deposit twice and got mad, anoyed, bit agressive when we wanted it back. Stared at us for the rest of the stay like we were pure evil^^

Very dirty hostel with very small and dirty rooms and kitchen.

Amazing price and perfect location to walk around downtown which was close. I met travelers & friendly people in the dining/common area in the hostel. Unlike the other reviews i read, i felt secure in the hostel. Homeless are just about everywhere in San Francisco it seems but I didn't see any closer to hostel location. Free computer and free wifi is available here which was nice. The rooms and showers were clean too. Most of all, the price was just perfect, I will definitely come back next time

• 15th Jan 2014

The hostel cleanliness was not the best, it can be much better with just a little bit more effort. Hostel should really care which people are they letting to check in the hostel, there are some drug dealers and weed smokers. General experience was good and it's pretty good deal for the money. I was in the private room and I would never chose shared room in this hostel.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Serbia

The hostel staff were not very attentive. cleaner than the last stay there, no standing water in bathroom sinks or super filthy showers.

• 27th Dec 2013

Great Hostel! When reading reviews I was skeptical but I had a very good stay. What do you expect for $16 in a big city, people should stop complaining about the hostel. Rooms are clean, bathrooms clean and a full kitchen to cook all your meals and common area. Free computer use and WiFi was a bonus. Don't let the homeless scare you, SF has a history of homeless people and it's not the hostel's fault, they are everywhere. The staff was very friendly. Free Thanksgiving dinner was yummy, thank you

View all San Francisco Hostels