AAE S.F. European Hostel Reviews

761 Minna Street, San Francisco, USA

The worst place of all that I know. Unbearable, nauseating smell around the hostel. Looks like the smell of fried onions and spices. Someone even sleeps in the corridor. Someone threw on the floor his dirty things. Room doors did not close. The hostel is located within an area of homeless who sleep on the street. Also there is no cheap parking next to the 'hostel'. All parking places are about 25 dollars. I would not advise

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Kazakhstan

beautifull people

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The smell on the street is terrible. The write up about this location is either extremely old or has always been false. No views, no bar, no silverware. Dirty and smelly. I will say the clerk really tried to be helpful however without success.

• 8th Nov 2014

Not the nicest hostel I've stayed in but I got what I needed from it - a shower and a bed for the night. The bathrooms were dirty and the staff was a little rude. I wouldn't stay here again.

Sarah was excellent!!!

This is definitely a case of you get what you pay for. A cheap option for such a good location in central SF but it can't be described as a nice place and space is at a premium, both in the dorms and in terms of the number of bathrooms. It does have a reasonably equipped kitchen though.

It was the dirtiest hostel I ever saw! There are misses in rooms and it smells awful.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Ukraine

Your hospitality is/ was very much appreciated. Please visit StopOrganHarvesting.org, and help stop the persecution of Falun Gong. Thank you. :-)

• 14th Oct 2014

In a hostel like this there is definitely more then one person required to clean it properly.

Location is a bit far from city center. Staff was very helpful. Room doors weren't closing properly and bathrooms are functionless.

• 4th Oct 2014

It was what I expected for the price. There was a bed, I felt relatively safe. The sheets were raggedy and the bathrooms were kind of dirty. Would recommend if you're only staying for a night or two.

• 3rd Oct 2014

the staffs were all nice. It was a pity that there were not enough shower rooms!

A cheap hostel in downtown. What can you expect. It had a bed and nice people. Lack of toilet/showers and lockers for valuables. Not very clean. -but if you want to live in the center, close to transport and save money-this is a good place.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

The Staff were very helpful and friendly. The top bunk in which I slept was a bit rickety but it was comfortable and I slept well. I enjoyed my stay tnere and would recommend it to others.

Disgusting. Nothing else to add.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Hostel is located in very poor neighborhood. Rooms are extremely small, smell pretty bad. I can't recommend this place to stay.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Poland

all in all a good hostel for the money we paid. location seems a bit seedy at first but wasn't actually bad. rooms were not the most modern but they tried keeping them clean and baths were cleaned every day as well. cant complain. you get a good deal if you are not too picky.

The hostel is really dirty, the aisle smells as urine and the bedding was too old and dirty (my pillowcase was dirty with blood). During our second night there (we had passed five nights there in total) a mouse invaded our room, we talked to the receptionist two time and he put mousetrap after that. The bathroom is ok, it is not clean but is not completly dirty. The kitchen is very greasy, but you can use it if you doesn't care with cleaning.

• 18th Sep 2014

I have read on the hostel website that men over 30 are not allowed to stay at the hostel, so we were very surprised when we shared a room with 60year old guy.....

Never again would I EVER stay in this place. Stop putting your guests in the outhouse/ shed on the fourth floor!

• 11th Sep 2014