AAE S.F. European Hostel Reviews

761 Minna Street, San Francisco, USA

I was hopeful this would be a positive experience because the location is quite good. I was sorely disappointed. My car was broken into at 1 am during my stay. That isn't the hostel's fault, but it does speak to the neighborhood it is in. The kid who checked me in was surly and dismissive. I love the hostel experience, and this place had none of it.

It was okay, not the atmosphere I was expecting and we made bets on whether the crazy homeless lady in our room was going to steal our clothing. She never did, but it was an interesting stay. Cheap, but kinda run down little place.

• 13th Jan 2015

Stayed the weekend here. Expected a lot less. It was a nice stay! Value is great and the location is the best when it comes to the BART and MUNI. Staff was cool. The was absolutely NOT any sense of community. Normally I don't mind hanging out in the commons at night before or after I go out, but there was no interaction from anyone. That disappointed me very much so. One of my favorite things is meeting other travelers and and it just didn't happen this time. Other than that, I had a great stay.

• 9th Jan 2015

Terrible place with rats and bad bugs.

• 26th Dec 2014

persistent smell of - cat urine? even in kitchen single blanket offered

Simple place, but good localization.

• 17th Dec 2014

One of the better deals in S.F. A common area and kitchen makes for the perfect place to dine in and watch television or chat with others. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Thanks Andy. There are shopping molls within walking distance on mission.

Thank you very much for a positive and kind review and hope to see you again!

The worst place of all that I know. Unbearable, nauseating smell around the hostel. Looks like the smell of fried onions and spices. Someone even sleeps in the corridor. Someone threw on the floor his dirty things. Room doors did not close. The hostel is located within an area of homeless who sleep on the street. Also there is no cheap parking next to the 'hostel'. All parking places are about 25 dollars. I would not advise

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Kazakhstan

I am sorry our hostel was not to your standards. Please bare in mind that we are a hostel and make our rates economical for travelers on a budget. We are located 2 blocks from City Hall, 4 blocks from, where the President of the United States stays when he is here. Homelessness is part of the SF culture and I wish they had shelter to stay in. International hostel guests cook in the common kitchen to save money. SF parking prices are $50 a night on average so the $25 is a cheap rate near for SF

beautifull people

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your kind review, hope to see you in the future! The European Hostel

The smell on the street is terrible. The write up about this location is either extremely old or has always been false. No views, no bar, no silverware. Dirty and smelly. I will say the clerk really tried to be helpful however without success.

• 8th Nov 2014

I am sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with our hostel. We offer a rooftop with views, however, we do not mention anything about a bar. Our kitchen is fully equipped with silverware, pot and pans. Unfortunately we can not do anything about the smell on the streets, that is the responsibility of the city, but we do keep everything around our hostel clean. Our staff works continuously to keep the facilities clean and tidy for everyone to use. I'm glad you at least found our staff to be useful

Not the nicest hostel I've stayed in but I got what I needed from it - a shower and a bed for the night. The bathrooms were dirty and the staff was a little rude. I wouldn't stay here again.

I am sorry that you were so dissatisfied with your stay with us. I would like to mention that we try our best to accommodate and satisfy everyone and offer the lowest rates in San Francisco. I will definitely follow up on the cleanliness of the bathrooms. Hope you give us a chance again in the future.

Sarah was excellent!!!

This is definitely a case of you get what you pay for. A cheap option for such a good location in central SF but it can't be described as a nice place and space is at a premium, both in the dorms and in terms of the number of bathrooms. It does have a reasonably equipped kitchen though.

Thank you for staying with us. We offer the most economical prices for the city and glad you stayed with us. However, we do the best we can as San Francisco is an expensive city and is limited on space. Hope you choose The European Hostel again!

It was the dirtiest hostel I ever saw! There are misses in rooms and it smells awful.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Ukraine

Your hospitality is/ was very much appreciated. Please visit StopOrganHarvesting.org, and help stop the persecution of Falun Gong. Thank you. :-)

• 14th Oct 2014

In a hostel like this there is definitely more then one person required to clean it properly.

Location is a bit far from city center. Staff was very helpful. Room doors weren't closing properly and bathrooms are functionless.

• 4th Oct 2014

It was what I expected for the price. There was a bed, I felt relatively safe. The sheets were raggedy and the bathrooms were kind of dirty. Would recommend if you're only staying for a night or two.

• 3rd Oct 2014

the staffs were all nice. It was a pity that there were not enough shower rooms!

A cheap hostel in downtown. What can you expect. It had a bed and nice people. Lack of toilet/showers and lockers for valuables. Not very clean. -but if you want to live in the center, close to transport and save money-this is a good place.

• 26th Sep 2014