AAE S.F. European Hostel Reviews

761 Minna Street, San Francisco, USA

Your hospitality is/ was very much appreciated. Please visit StopOrganHarvesting.org, and help stop the persecution of Falun Gong. Thank you. :-)

• 14th Oct 2014

Location is a bit far from city center. Staff was very helpful. Room doors weren't closing properly and bathrooms are functionless.

• 4th Oct 2014

It was what I expected for the price. There was a bed, I felt relatively safe. The sheets were raggedy and the bathrooms were kind of dirty. Would recommend if you're only staying for a night or two.

• 3rd Oct 2014

the staffs were all nice. It was a pity that there were not enough shower rooms!

A cheap hostel in downtown. What can you expect. It had a bed and nice people. Lack of toilet/showers and lockers for valuables. Not very clean. -but if you want to live in the center, close to transport and save money-this is a good place.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

The Staff were very helpful and friendly. The top bunk in which I slept was a bit rickety but it was comfortable and I slept well. I enjoyed my stay tnere and would recommend it to others.

Disgusting. Nothing else to add.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Hostel is located in very poor neighborhood. Rooms are extremely small, smell pretty bad. I can't recommend this place to stay.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Poland

all in all a good hostel for the money we paid. location seems a bit seedy at first but wasn't actually bad. rooms were not the most modern but they tried keeping them clean and baths were cleaned every day as well. cant complain. you get a good deal if you are not too picky.

The hostel is really dirty, the aisle smells as urine and the bedding was too old and dirty (my pillowcase was dirty with blood). During our second night there (we had passed five nights there in total) a mouse invaded our room, we talked to the receptionist two time and he put mousetrap after that. The bathroom is ok, it is not clean but is not completly dirty. The kitchen is very greasy, but you can use it if you doesn't care with cleaning.

• 18th Sep 2014

I have read on the hostel website that men over 30 are not allowed to stay at the hostel, so we were very surprised when we shared a room with 60year old guy.....

Never again would I EVER stay in this place. Stop putting your guests in the outhouse/ shed on the fourth floor!

• 11th Sep 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this filthy hostel and I GOT SCABIES!!!. The bedrooms are to small for 6 beds, no room to move, the carpets are disgusting extremely dirty, the bathrooms where always taken because there's only 4 bathrooms for like 30 rooms, the trash cans where overflown by dirty toilet paper and floors constantly wet. I didn't even want to try the kitchen but it looked very like very basic. But what it really aggravated me is that I got scabies from that place!!!. Horrible experience.

• 9th Sep 2014

Bed bugs. Enough said.

• 9th Sep 2014

They built some random shack on the roof and put me in there. The sheets are dirty and walls are grimey.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff is great! And generally i thinkvthe hostel is great. Its just far from yosemite! But the bus is near by..i also missed rent-a-working-bike, and loved 24/7 cofee. I just wish the common area was nicer and so more appealing for hang outs.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

The location of the hostel is great, although there is absolutely no parking availability. We had the private room on the first floor, which had not yet been cleaned when we checked in. In the room, there is no cupboard space for clothes or stuff, the windows cannot close and are 'overlooking' the 3m2 backyard/patio, adjourned to the kitchen making it a very very noisy place. I think I would have slept better in one of the dorm rooms upstairs.

• 26th Aug 2014

The bedroom wasn't clean at all : there were too many spots on the sheets, the curtain fell on us, the room was humid and the "patio" under our window looked like a dumpster ! What about the restroom : the door is half eaten by water and there are some hairs everywhere. 90 $ is far too expensive for this level of service. We won't come back and we won't recommend your hotel.

• 26th Aug 2014

It is a good place to sleep...the bed was really good! Don't expect tv, AC or anything like it...it is a basic room for you to sleep...thats all! It worth the money I paid for...and the location was really good...It is totally possible for you to go walking all over the town!

There was a rat in our room, the pillows were stained yellow and we had to ask for linen to be supplied for our beds. The hostel seemed quite anti-social, perhaps due to the poor conditions. There is a severe lack of bathrooms compared to how many people are staying there. It was not uncommon to have to wait 30 mins to used the shower/go to the bathroom.

« first « Prev 1 2 3