Rating 683 Total Reviews
Rating 683 Total Reviews
AAE S.F. European Hostel Located at 761 Minna Street, , San Francisco.
USA
San Francisco California 94103 761 Minna Street
54% 683
37.7762806 -122.4135410
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 18-24
19th Jul 2016
3.7

I don't recommend this Hostel. It's dirty, it sucks and you couldn't open a window to improve the smell. You barely meet young travelers because the main part of the guests are old and some live in the hostel. The low price might be tempting but if you want to have a good trip I recommend to spent a little more.

• USA, Male, 41+
15th Jul 2016
5.7

Challenging neighborhood, difficult other guests

• USA, Couple, 25-30
12th Jul 2016
7.1

Basic and clean, staff were pretty friendly. There is no secure or locked storage for larger items so I had to leave my violin behind the desk, which the gentleman very kindly looked after while we went out for the day. It's in a great location for access to everything exciting to see and do but it IS in a sketchy part of town, so I didn't feel super safe coming and going out on the street. All in all a great budget choice for a centrally located stay!

9th Jul 2016
4.9

Not a good place, even that is close to union sq. Wasnt clean, but was ok.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
27th Jun 2016
5.4

Accepted my package so that was a plus. Hostel is in a pretty ghetto place. Not many toilets or showers. Staff were 50/50. Weird vibe, felt like a halfway house for people staying long term

• Germany, Female, 25-30
13th Jun 2016
4.3

Really bad neighborhood creeped me out. Also almost no tourists during my stay. People used the hostel to search for a job or home. Lots of crazy people. In total I can't recommend that hostel.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2016
4.9

Terrible staff and athmosphere and strange guests in a strange neighbourhood. However at least it's clean and cheap...

• USA, Couple, 31-40
8th Jun 2016
7.7

I was a little worried after reading the reviews, but after staying I was content with this hostel. We were looking for a private room at a cheap rate in downtown SF for just one night. This no-frills establishment served that purpose. The linens were clean, nobody was particularly loud, the bathrooms were ok, and our belongings were secure. The building is not in the best part of town, but also certainly isn't in the worst part of town.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st May 2016

The location seems a bit creepy at first, but I felt really safe staying here. Our room was right next to the kitchen so it tended to be a little bit loud but at night it was relaxing and quiet. Rooms were nice and spacious and clean. Nice location. Thank you for hosting us!

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
14th May 2016
2.3

IT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. we were 2 girls staying in this hostel, and it was in very sketchy area. we encountered so many homelesses, and we saw a very aggressive homeless with a nife in his hand. also we was in subway(sandwich place) near around, and a hobo came in and threatened us. and the hostel itself, it had very bad smell, and the room smelled so bad too. I was staying on 2nd floor, and ppl staying in the floor were not tourists, but they are just living in there. bathroom was terribl