AAE S.F. European Hostel Reviews

761 Minna Street, San Francisco, USA

I stayed at this hostel for one night. It was easy to find and was close enough to the civic center where the train is and close to buses that run along the main road. I cant comment on the kitchen facilities as I didn't use them. The room was a little small, but i was able to slide my bag under the bunk bed. There were two shower/toilet and one toilet facility on the floor that were clean enough, but a pain if you are in need of the loo and someone is in there.

On hostel world it states that the hostel is newly renovated - I find this hard to believe. The bathrooms are water damaged and many doors are rotting at the base. The bathrooms were pretty gross. The location was great - but i would not stay here again. It was poor value for money.

The room lacked proper ventilation. The Shower had old rusted rod holding it up. Overall cleanliness could have been better. The stake was mild mannered and "tired" perhaps. Their attitude towards guests could improve in the courtesy area.

• 19th May 2014

The worst part about the hostel is that the only common area is closed at midnight, and the area is too dangerous to go around late at night, you end up with an enforced curfew. Definitely not like real European hostels.

• 14th May 2014

The atmosphere is nice though of poor surroundings.Some homeless are nearby just ignore them.Location is good for adjacent to downtown.All in a word,deserve the money u pay.

It's a very typical hostel experience--the rooms were clean and the bathrooms were clean, but there's a lot of bodies existing in and around those spaces so it gets smelly easily. The lockers were small but right outside the room and there were cameras in the hallways so I felt good about what I left in them. The atmosphere overall was super relaxed. All the guests were kind and talkative and my friends and I had fun getting to know them.

• 4th May 2014

any way. i will there soon again

• 23rd Apr 2014

The staff cleans toilets and kitchen very well, but it gets dirty very fast because of the lack of toilets. Our room was pretty dirty, but I think that was because there was always someone sleeping in our room (working night). So the staff could only make up the beds. Close to shopping and bus stations. Alot of homeless because of the central area. Otherwise pretty good stay! Nice staff :)

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

One of the staff members should find another job because he hates people. Random people on the street will try to follow you into the hostel. The people staying there were fun though.

I would say this is a pretty good deal for a cheap hostel. I mean, it's a hostel and it's in San Francisco! (Cmon people! Other hostels in SF would charge you at least twice the price.) The room was clean. There was no bed bugs like what every body else says. The only problem that I had was just the hostel only has 2 bathrooms for each floor. That means you have to share one bathroom with probably 20 people. And believe me, it didn't feel good when you need to go in the morning.

There Were 2 receptionists, one was the nicest and friendliest person ever:) the other one was an a..hole. Charged us the deposit twice and got mad, anoyed, bit agressive when we wanted it back. Stared at us for the rest of the stay like we were pure evil^^

1 2 Next » last »