AAE S.F. European Hostel Reviews

761 Minna Street, San Francisco, USA

The Staff were very helpful and friendly. The top bunk in which I slept was a bit rickety but it was comfortable and I slept well. I enjoyed my stay tnere and would recommend it to others.

Disgusting. Nothing else to add.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Hostel is located in very poor neighborhood. Rooms are extremely small, smell pretty bad. I can't recommend this place to stay.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Poland

all in all a good hostel for the money we paid. location seems a bit seedy at first but wasn't actually bad. rooms were not the most modern but they tried keeping them clean and baths were cleaned every day as well. cant complain. you get a good deal if you are not too picky.

The hostel is really dirty, the aisle smells as urine and the bedding was too old and dirty (my pillowcase was dirty with blood). During our second night there (we had passed five nights there in total) a mouse invaded our room, we talked to the receptionist two time and he put mousetrap after that. The bathroom is ok, it is not clean but is not completly dirty. The kitchen is very greasy, but you can use it if you doesn't care with cleaning.

• 18th Sep 2014

I have read on the hostel website that men over 30 are not allowed to stay at the hostel, so we were very surprised when we shared a room with 60year old guy.....

Never again would I EVER stay in this place. Stop putting your guests in the outhouse/ shed on the fourth floor!

• 11th Sep 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this filthy hostel and I GOT SCABIES!!!. The bedrooms are to small for 6 beds, no room to move, the carpets are disgusting extremely dirty, the bathrooms where always taken because there's only 4 bathrooms for like 30 rooms, the trash cans where overflown by dirty toilet paper and floors constantly wet. I didn't even want to try the kitchen but it looked very like very basic. But what it really aggravated me is that I got scabies from that place!!!. Horrible experience.

• 9th Sep 2014

Bed bugs. Enough said.

It is cheap and in the center. If you don't have much money it's ok. But the following night I went to an other hostel,(HI - San Francisco - City Center) 3 times more expensive, but way better: friendly staff available 24 hours, clean dormitory with bathroom and with breakfast included.

It can be found in an alley, in a quite dangerous part of the city. I do not recommend to arrive late at night, because despite the possibility to choose even a late night arrival time the staff will not let you in. (We needed to spend the night on the streets...) Apart from this the place is quite okay, the rooms are clean, the atmosphere is nice, so it is a good place to sleep. The security is also good, we felt safe here.

They built some random shack on the roof and put me in there. The sheets are dirty and walls are grimey.

• 5th Sep 2014