AAE Super Eight Hostel New York Reviews

139-01 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica Van Wyck Subway New York, New York, USA

very close to the airport. good train connection to manhatten...

I WAS UNABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE PARKINSON UNITY WALK. I WAS TOLD BY YOUR AGENTS THAT I NEEDED TO CONTACT AAE AND CANCEL THE RESERVATION. I DID AS REQUESTED AND WAS HOPING TO GET MY DEPOSIT BACK ON MY CREDIT CARD. THERE HAS BEEN NO REPLY TO MY REQUEST.

• 25th Apr 2014

thank you very much for everything, the room was clean breakfast was excellent, all was clean, and shuttle service is good we are very satisfied

The water-pressure of the shower was wayyyyy below acceptable range, imagine the water spout from the shower head was weaker than normal tape water..... it took us triple times to finish the shower.... Location is fine & safe, 5-10 min walking distance to subway station. No many choice of foods around, but check this out --> Indian food (Taj Mahal) http://www.yelp.com/biz/taj-mahal-restaurant-and-party-hall-jamaica-2, food is awesome and not expensive at all.

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, because of staff :)

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • Slovakia

So far from downtown, smell cigarrets but is clean

The door key had to be re- scaned everyday to use it.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Japan

The receptionists were very nice. The hotel, however, was quite dirty (stains on the walls, cigarette smoke in the room). The dining room, where breakfast was served, was too small and the air conditioning was too loud.

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Poland

I paid $921 for 7 nights, the hostel includes wifi, free shuttle and breakfast. The breakfast is decent, toast, waffles and cereal, no hot food though. The wifi was solid but sometimes cut out. The staff were helpful, as I didn't have a travel adaptor. The location seems dodgy at night, as the surrounding area is deprived. Overall a pretty good hostel, and I will probably stay there again.

• 26th Aug 2013

I like their breakfast! And shuttle to the airport

• 11th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

I was completely surprised, the place was really good for the price!

• 8th Jun 2013
  • Zimbabwe

The hotel has nothing special, but the room was clean and good enough for its money. The hotel is located in Jamaica district and, as for me, the district is not very safy. But the location is very convinient for those who flight to/from JFK. Free transfer to/from the airport is nice, although not very punctual. The shuttle operates just in day time but in the night it's easy to take a taxi ($20 from JFK). Subway is also near to the hotel. So in general, it is good place to spend 1-3 nights.

The staff there are very generous and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay there. The price is affordable too.

Staff very friendly and helpful. We are happy to have stayed there

• 29th Apr 2013

DISAPOINTED. I've prepaid with HOSTELWORLD the amount of one night and upon arrival they charged me twice blaming on hostelworld and saying that they did not get the amount of money needed. I WILL NEVER BOOK THROUGH HERE AGAIN. Now with that said, the hotel is average. I wouldnt recommend this to anyone. No hot water, room smelled really bad, breakfast was horrible and the staff made me want to leave the hostel and sleep in my car. Very disapointed.

• 27th Apr 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful! You need a little time to go to manhattan, but if you want a good time, with good breakfast and an easy way to the airport jfk, choose this hostel! The shuttle service is also excellent!

• 15th Apr 2013
  • Switzerland

Everything is good, maybe the breakfast can make it more variety or choices.

Wonderful place to spend your holiday for a reasonable price. Helpful staff, nice breakfast. Good location, 5 minutes walk from subway, but it takes nearly an hour to get to the downtown, but you can get used to it. Very clean rooms. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to New York.

• 2nd Apr 2013
  • Russia

It was OK. My suggestion is to vary the food for breakfast.

• 31st Mar 2013
  • Venezuela

Hithere, we so loved staying here. the staff were so lovely and sincere.They wanted to be helpful. I would definitely stay there again because its such good value for money. please thank them for me.Annette Hagel

• 5th Nov 2012