AAE Universal Maingate Reviews

5827 Caravan Court, Days Inn, Orlando, USA

Mattresses were in bad conditions

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Argentina

I didn't even end up staying here over night. The entire place was under construction HOPEFULLY to improve the mildew and mold-filled rooms that they offer currently. The door to my room was corroded, the curtains and walls around the door had mold growing on them, the light above the sink in our bathroom was out, and the bed had ants in it. We went down to the receptionist who did not seemed shocked by the conditions whatsoever and she offered us another room. Fortunately, we got our money back

• 5th Feb 2015

The best hostel! Closed by universal studios.. I went walking.

• 23rd Jan 2015

It is totally dark outside when you go to the room. The lobby is closed at 22;30 so you cant access internet after that.

Good place, but the staff is no so friendly as should be. With me they were ok, but i saw a couple times a staff member being rude with some guest.

The staff was divided between good and polite employees and ones that were not like this. Some of them were a bit rude. In more than one day, the breakfast opened late, making it impossible to have breakfast before the shuttle time. Also, the shuttle was late once.

• 11th Jan 2015

Worked fine for us, but it was also only a one-night stay so we could spend a day in Disney World and it work for that - you can even by your ticket at the hotel witch was a plus for us!

AAE Universal Maingate is a perfect hotel if you want to visit the Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure. Both can be reached by walking from the hotel and additionally a shuttle is provided. Considering the price, the rooms are good, just the Wifi does not work in th rooms, only in the lobby. Furthermore the pool is not available right now and the breakfast is very poor. Even though, I would still recommend this hotel because of their low price and what you get for this price is very good.

• 15th Dec 2014

A lot of people gave this place a bad review so I was a bit skeptical about coming here. But it was fine! Other people must be silly to think they are not get what they paid for. They want something more luxurious, pay more money if you wanna fancy. This place is fine for the price you pay.

I could not find my "hostel" and still was charged. I want my money back! I sent an email regarding but never heard anything back. When i called the hotel it was a motel six and had no idea what I was taking about when trying to go to my room. I tried to call a number but could not find one. Horrible experience!!! I would like an email and my money back!!

• 3rd Nov 2014

A perfect place for us! (A young couple traveling.) The location was fantastic, the beds were very comfortable, the staff were were helpful and friendly, lots of restaurants close by, Walgreens 5 minute wall away, great value for money. It could have been a little cleaner in places that at first don't meet the eye.

That was tremendous!