AAE Universal Maingate Reviews

5827 Caravan Court, Days Inn, Orlando, USA

A perfect place for us! (A young couple traveling.) The location was fantastic, the beds were very comfortable, the staff were were helpful and friendly, lots of restaurants close by, Walgreens 5 minute wall away, great value for money. It could have been a little cleaner in places that at first don't meet the eye.

That was tremendous!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Would like tea and coffee making facilities in room. Not very good at explaining things. Had to pay balance on card although would have preferred to pay by cash. Shuttle was supposed to pick up from seaworld and didn't show up. Wifi didn't reach rooms.

After reading the reviews we were very worried about staying here, but have to say we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are nice

Rooms was really good, good price. The only thing is that they don't care about your booking and how much you were supposed to pay, and at the end the can give you diferent rooms and you may pay more.

I had a great time here. It is ridiculously close to universal which is brilliant. I walked to the theme parks both days and had a great time. I did have the issue that my reservation was lost however they resolved this promptly. My room key also stopped working twice and the staff were not very pleasant when I approached them with the issue. Overall I would recommend this to anyone who is planning on spending most of their time not in their room. Also the wifi was only in the lobby, not rooms.

This was a cheap hotel, not a hostel. The property is actually a Days Inn, which makes it very hard to find when you're looking for a building called AAE Universal Maingate! Great value for money, especially with a pool and breakfast included. I arrived well before check-in time, and was prepared to wait around for hours, but they gave us a room as soon as it was ready. We walked to the nearby Loews Portofino hotel & got the free shuttle boat to the universal studios resort each day - great fun!

I was particularly worried about the cleanliness of the hotel as I'd read negative reviews about that but I have nothing bad to say about the place. Rooms are cleaned daily by the housekeepers. My room looked more modern than the pictures and was an all round good experience. The staff were very helpful in planning my excursions too. I would definitely stay there again.

The man at the reception desk looked annoyed when I asked about basic things like check-out times, wi-fi password, room location. But to be fair, the young lady receptionist was friendly when I checked out. The linen on the bed was fresh but there were very many long dark hairs on the blanket I had to pick off individually before going to bed. The corners of the bedroom floor weren't well swept. The bottom of the bathtub was all rusty so they just put a plastic sheet over the holes.

Paid a deposit when booked online which came off the overall total. The hotel made us pay that again.

• 13th Aug 2014

Crazy guy running around the balcony screaming and swearing and they did nothing about it. Long walk if you want to eat anywhere good. Magnetic keys so if you put them in your wallet they get ruined. You get charged a fee for the room safe but they never actually give you a key for it. If you ask them to call you a cab they call a dodgy ridiculously overpriced aggressive rude guy in a van. So make sure you specify that you don't want a TAXI. With a meter. Not someone they make commission off of.

There were bugs in the room - on the walls and in the bed, a dead bug in the bath, hair on the bath wall as if it hadn't been cleaned properly. The staff were rude and ignored us for ten minuts when we first arrived at 10:30pm to chat amongst themselves. We didn't even stay a night in the end and swapped to the nearby Hilton for a really good deal which was so much nicer. We understand that it is a cheap place but expect a clean room at the very least.

• 27th Jul 2014

Great stay if you want to go to the amusement parcs.

This a motel not a hostel. It's okay. I walked to universal studios from here easily.

Theres no wifi in our room.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

I wanted a place to stay that was cheap and relatively close to Universal. Negatives: You can't walk to Universal and they only have one bus that comes at 11AM to take you. The rooms are run down with bugs and old tube TV's. The clientele is mostly people you don't want to hang out with. To top it off the police were called for an incident while I was staying there. I didn't feel comfortable walking outside my room. Think twice...

We used this as a base for the two Universal parks and it is just fine for the job. It's about a 15 minute walk but feels more like the heat! The rooms were ok, bit worn but comfy beds. The breakfast is poor but you can't expect much for the price. Not many places near to eat if you don't have a car.

Bedspreads had holes in them. Room is dark. Staff not that friendly.

Very good location for universal studio's 25minute walk