AAE Universal Maingate Reviews

5827 Caravan Court, Days Inn, Orlando, USA

I was particularly worried about the cleanliness of the hotel as I'd read negative reviews about that but I have nothing bad to say about the place. Rooms are cleaned daily by the housekeepers. My room looked more modern than the pictures and was an all round good experience. The staff were very helpful in planning my excursions too. I would definitely stay there again.

The man at the reception desk looked annoyed when I asked about basic things like check-out times, wi-fi password, room location. But to be fair, the young lady receptionist was friendly when I checked out. The linen on the bed was fresh but there were very many long dark hairs on the blanket I had to pick off individually before going to bed. The corners of the bedroom floor weren't well swept. The bottom of the bathtub was all rusty so they just put a plastic sheet over the holes.

Paid a deposit when booked online which came off the overall total. The hotel made us pay that again.

• 13th Aug 2014

Crazy guy running around the balcony screaming and swearing and they did nothing about it. Long walk if you want to eat anywhere good. Magnetic keys so if you put them in your wallet they get ruined. You get charged a fee for the room safe but they never actually give you a key for it. If you ask them to call you a cab they call a dodgy ridiculously overpriced aggressive rude guy in a van. So make sure you specify that you don't want a TAXI. With a meter. Not someone they make commission off of.

There were bugs in the room - on the walls and in the bed, a dead bug in the bath, hair on the bath wall as if it hadn't been cleaned properly. The staff were rude and ignored us for ten minuts when we first arrived at 10:30pm to chat amongst themselves. We didn't even stay a night in the end and swapped to the nearby Hilton for a really good deal which was so much nicer. We understand that it is a cheap place but expect a clean room at the very least.

• 27th Jul 2014

Great stay if you want to go to the amusement parcs.

This a motel not a hostel. It's okay. I walked to universal studios from here easily.

Theres no wifi in our room.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

I wanted a place to stay that was cheap and relatively close to Universal. Negatives: You can't walk to Universal and they only have one bus that comes at 11AM to take you. The rooms are run down with bugs and old tube TV's. The clientele is mostly people you don't want to hang out with. To top it off the police were called for an incident while I was staying there. I didn't feel comfortable walking outside my room. Think twice...

We used this as a base for the two Universal parks and it is just fine for the job. It's about a 15 minute walk but feels more like the heat! The rooms were ok, bit worn but comfy beds. The breakfast is poor but you can't expect much for the price. Not many places near to eat if you don't have a car.

Bedspreads had holes in them. Room is dark. Staff not that friendly.

Very good location for universal studio's 25minute walk

Very close to Universal Theme Parks and there is a bus to go to Magic Kingdom!

• 30th Apr 2014

Motel-Style, Rooms small but tidy. Simple Breakfast is included. Perfect location to geht to the Universal Studio Resort - only 10 Min. walking.

The hotel is ok, nod bad, but Ive stayed in other hotels in Orlando with better facilities and price. Ill choose another one next time. What is good about this hotel is the location, 15min walking from Universal city walk. What I didnt like is they dont have elevator to go to the 2nd floor, bad for who carries bags, and the air conditioner was very noisy. The bedroom also smelled like a closed place, not very fresh.

• 17th Apr 2014

Wifi was rubbish which would have been ok if the Hotel had a functioning business centre - which it didn't which made checking in for flights an issue. Staff were generally poor. However, the pool area is nice and ultimately we were there purely to drop our bags and sleep at night and head to the main attractions...and on that front the price was good.

• 13th Apr 2014

Perfectly located a mile from universal and there is a free shuttle to and from Disney which is very easy to use. The facility itself is nothing glamorous but it is perfectly adequate for the budget traveler. The rooms are clean as are the bathrooms, towels and toiletries are provided and there is a pool to cool off after a big day of walking. There's even a bar in the pool area.

Is a hotel, just an average hotel, buy very well located, it was OK.

This was actually a Days Inn hotel, and it was an EXCELLENT value. Yes, the bathroom ceiling had peeling paint and there were chips in the bathtub and some "ghost ants" in the room (they were so small, I don't think any hotel room would be able to keep them out), but the important things were there -- mattresses were nice and firm and large (queen size). There was ample hot water and excellent service (from check-in to daily maid service). And it was a 15 minute walk from Universal Studios.

Amazing location if you are going to Universal Parks.....