ABA Hotel Reviews

next to Arusha Declarations Tower, Arusha, Tanzania

COULD NOT EVEN FIND THE LOCATION HAD TO GO TO ANOTHER HOTEL

• 1st Jan 2014

This hotel was close to a nightmare, broken toilet suit, small, dusty room. Furthermore, cheating on the bill. We paid 66 Dollar as booked via Internet but received a bill showing not even 30 Dollar (also with another hotel name on it - saving tax?!)! Very shady the whole place and definitely the worst I have been in a very long time.

My friend and myself had reservations made with hostel world.. When we arrived at ABA there was no reservation and the staff (two different people) had no clue about reservations,hostelworld , etc We ended up paying full price Wifi not working.. Good location but staff and atmosphere very poor

Good location and low price are the catch. Overall staffs are friendly although one staff who welcomed me upon arrival didnt seem to understand the deposit payment I made online through hostelworld...took sometime to explain that I won't pay the full sum to him. The room and cleanliness is fine though not so new. My only disappointment is that the internet facility broke down at the time I went...perhaps fixed now.

dirty and humid rooms, cleaning lady still had to come when we were already in the room.

When I arrived they had not reserved a room for me despite having emailed back and forth with the reservations manager. Eventually they did find a room for me. After that they were very accommodating and allowed me to break up my stay as my safari was leaving 2 days earlier than expected. Staff are friendly and helpful, but it is only a block from a mosque so be prepared to get woken early. Though I think you would get this anywhere near the centre of town. Also there was no wifi.