ABEX Hostel Reviews

U nakladoveho nadrazi 2, Zizkov, Prague, Czech Republic

Girls - avoid! I stayed in this hostel recently for 3 nights with my girlfriend, although the staff were friendly, it is probably the weirdest hostel I've ever stayed in. There are a lot of middle aged & older people living in the hostel (mainly males- who drank a lot outside the hostel) therefore a very weird atmosphere! & we certainly did'n't feel welcome from them. If you are a girl or a group of girls I'd defintely avoid! Also the cleaning lady was extremely angry all the time!

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Wales

Close the brothel next door, have an entrance that isn't through a wire fence and a disused rail station, get lockers, remove broken fridges/ovens from the outside area, get staff who can at least speak basic English (couldn't even ask for money), get fans or air conditioning, move the intimidating and drunk Czech men from the entrance, fix the smashed sinks and make the bathrooms more secure (genuinely felt unsafe as a woman showering in there).

The worst hostel I've stayed in. They put me in a room with three men that we're clearly living there. Room smelled strange, strange stains on the wall. No plates or cutlery in the kitchen. Very strange. No soap to be found anywhere. Staff ranged from indifferent to unfriendly. On the upside there we're hot showers and good wifi. Would not recommend this hostel to anyone. Also about a 5 minute wall from the street down an unlit, half paved road. Very sketchy

You get what you pay for with this hostel, its very cheap and about 25 mins walk from the city centre. The staff don't really speak english but they try hard. This is not really a backpacker hostel but is good value for money. There is no common room but the hostel is very clean.

I booked this hostel via Internet but my plane arrived at 11pm and when I arrived there the staff told me the reception was closed and to come back next day morning. They didn't care about me, and I was by myself in a foreign country, without speak one word in Czech and without place to sleep at 00h when I had an reservation in that hostel. For sure, I didn't come back to this hostel