ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

great location !! 8 min walk to the falls. close to most attractions. patrick and shelly were very helpful. people i met here were also nice. definitely recommend. there is no locker . good to have a lock for your belongings. ( it wasn't that problem for me though )

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Japan

After being mistakenly taxied to ACBB instead of the hostel that we'd booked, we spoke with Patrick and Shellie for a moment while we waited for another cab. I've never felt so welcome at a place in all of my travels. They really went the extra mile to ensure our comfort. It was as if we were staying with members of our own family. Of course, on our way back through Niagara Falls, we were sure to come back to actually stay there. We had a lovely stay and I can't wait to go back next year.

• 2nd Jan 2014

As of late December 2013, there were no bed bugs in our dorm room (room on second floor) despite reviews about it on trip advisor. We checked but for peace of mind, you should also. Patrick was awesome! He talked to us and he really recommends that you stay at Niagara Falls for three days because there's so much to do, like hike. He upgraded us from mixed dorm to female only for free and then discounted our total to $25 a night plus online deposit fee. Tip: Eat a lot of the breakfast!

Shelly was absolutely amazing!! First, as a solo traveler they upgraded me to a private double room for no extra charge. As a first time visitor to Canada she really helped me get acquainted with the area. The falls are the main draw to the area, but after speaking with the host I learned there is so much more to experience. I fully intend to return. Perfect location and Wonderful atmosphere.

• 26th Dec 2013

I was given a free upgrade to a private room instead of the dorm bed I had booked. Patrick and his son also made me feel at home and were always very helpful, especially when Patrick drew me a map for hiking. The only thing I would criticize about this hostel is that it is partly decrepit-the shower handle came off when I tried to change the temperature and the curtains in the room came down, too. However, the great atmosphere in this hostel totally makes up for that + it's close to the falls!

Good hostel not too far from Clifton Hill and the falls, but far enough away that you will not be disturbed. Patrick and Shelley have extensive knowledge of the area and will always be happy to assist you in any way possible they will also suggest things for you to do while you stay that you had never even thought of, there is definitely more to do than just the falls so my advice is to book three nights. :)

One of the best fibes I've ever gotten from a hostel, owners make the place what it is

Awesome staff and great location. Very homey feel and just a few minutes from the falls. If I ever come back to Niagara I will definitely stay here again.

• 14th Nov 2013

The Good: Location, Price, Most of the Staff. The Bad: A bit chilly inside. The Ugly: When I went to pay my bill I asked if it included the deposit. Patrick basically flipped out. "Really? Really? You're paying how much?" Call me crazy but I think when a business takes a deposit, they should offer to return it be it 1 cent or $1000. Now I know not everyone counts their nickels and dimes. But at the very least you shouldn't insinuate that a client is cheap for asking! Yes, really!

Cordial welcome. It was a pleasure to stay two days in this place. It's next to Niagara falls and the American border. There's a beautiful hiking to do along the river.

Patrick was a great host. He knew alot about the Niagara area. Nice people tend to stay here. i really enjoyed the atmosphere at ACBB.

• 26th Oct 2013

I had a great night in the hostel Thank you!!!

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

This is the place to stay at Niagara Falls. It was the nicest, loveliest hostel for under $40 a night! We saved a ridiculous amount of money by not staying in one of the expensive hotels. They also gave great advice on what else to see including the river and the whirlpool which was well worth listening to. In the evening some of the staff also took us to a really nice local bar, taps where the special included a beer and was only $10! The breakfast was yummy as well - I can't recommend enough.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels