ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

best hostel host is very nice he taught me how to enjoy Niagara you should go here

Patrick and Shelly take exceptionally good care of their guests. Not only do they provide honest & funny advice (along with a hand drawn map of the area!), but they also graciously gave us breakfast on the go as we had to check out early. The building is currently undergoing renovations that will make it incredibly sustainable - all DIY, in true traveling spirit. The ACBB is a haven in the touristy Niagara, just minutes away from the beautiful falls.

The owner is so nice and friendly and helpful The location is also good

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Great weekend trip to the hostle. We had a nice welcome and the electricity problem was solved in a great way. The only point of improvement is that the Wi-Fi should work, if it is one of the referees of the hotel.

• 8th Aug 2014

Patrick an Shelley were very enthousiastic hosts from whom we have had a lot of very good tips about where to hike and see the real beautiful nature and avoid the Disneyland like places, where to find good and cheap places to eat,do our laundry and shoppings. It was also a good place to exchange your experiences with other guests. The rooms were nice and clean and decorated on a more personal way than in an average hostel. It was absolutely value for money!

• 4th Aug 2014

If you wanna stay really close to the falls this is the place. Everything is super close from this hostel. The hostel also has a very nice friendly ambience. Not to forget, Patrick and Shelly are super awesome hosts. They are very friendly and helpful. I cannot think of going anywhere else even if I want to :). Thanks for another wonderful stay!

Definitely the best value accommodation in Niagara, and the friendliest hosts! It was a shame there was no electricity in our room.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Patrick, the owner, encourage the backpackers to help each other. Moreover, he convinced us to stay longer next time we will come to Niagara in order to hike and enjoy the whirlpool before Niagara falls. No electricity in the room because they are changing the system for green energy.

• 29th Jul 2014

The rooms were spotless! The staff was great! Unfortunately, the hostel is undergoing change from classic hydro to solar energy. Lighting features and lamps were run on battery. The sinks were not running (showers were though). Mixed feelings.

definetly a very good choice for backpackers;

Awesome location, very clean, great facilities and tours!

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very welcoming hosts, nice room and friendly atmosphere

• 23rd Jul 2014

It is interesting that the hostel does sustainable life.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Japan

My room and the shared bathroom was without any electric power. That was very frustrating.

• 19th Jul 2014

The hostel did not have any working electricity. We were not told until we arrived at the hostel. If you want to use your phone, forget it. You can only charge it during inconvenient hours when they turned the generators on. We did not get a discount either. Breakfast is okay. You can choose from a few fruits and mini donuts. Excellent location

This hostel is a perfect example of the saying: Don't judge a book by its couver! At first when you see the hostel from the outside you wonder why you are staying here and when you walk through the front door and get greeted by the nicest hostel manager patrick and you get to see the beautiful inside its worth it. It has an amazing location aswell to niagara falls, just 6min walk! Thank you so much for the awesome stay. regards country 158

When I first arrived at this hostel, I looked at the outside and thought 'oh oh where am I staying'. FORGET THE OUTSIDE because the inside is INCREDIBLE! I got the best welcoming ever, with the owner explaining to me all the wonderful things to do in Niagara Falls. (He actually told me off for only staying one night!) He told me all the best things to do in the one day I had there. I also met heaps of cool people and it had a really good atmosphere.

Lovely hostel. Shelly and Patrick really know their stuff. Currently in middle of switching to solar power so couldn't charge electrical items. Plugs were provided during 8-12 but there were not enough. No wifi as per website. Otherwise great location and great place in niagara

ACBB means All Canada Best Backpack hostel. Yes, it is the best!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • red12345174
  • China

Kk i have a good experience in accb hostel staffs are sooooooo friendly to me so i can make good friend easily and so kind staff haha they are in renovation so electricity was not good but staffs were so good so i didn't care about that and if you stay in niagara falls then you should stay 2nights!!!!!!!kkkkk

View all Niagara Falls Hostels