ACBB Hostel Niagara Reviews

5741 McGrail Ave., Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls, Canada

Kk i have a good experience in accb hostel staffs are sooooooo friendly to me so i can make good friend easily and so kind staff haha they are in renovation so electricity was not good but staffs were so good so i didn't care about that and if you stay in niagara falls then you should stay 2nights!!!!!!!kkkkk

Staff was really helpful and wanted to share some "inside" informations about some specific routes and places. Location and cleanliness are very good.

Thanks Patrick & Shelly! It was great to come back. All the best with the change over :) Brooke and Ryan

• 14th Jul 2014

There were some problems with loss of power (the hostel is currently being run from a backup generator due to an ongoing project to move to solar power) and the wifi was not working. However, regardless of these issues this is definitely one of the coolest places I've stayed at. The staff are are very knowledgeable about the area and beyond passionate about what they do. Upon arrival they knew my name, helped arrange trips and activities, and really go the extra mile for all of their guests!

The owners of the hostel are very helpful, and run the hostel extremely well. The hostel is an Eco friendly living environment with all electric to be provided via solar panels. During my stay the switchover was not complete and very limited electricity was available for charging basic cell phones or laptops, no internet access is available, the electrical generator was available for limited periods during the day and was switched off after midnight- no charging available from midnight.

From the moment we walked in the door, we knew that we were in the right place. The owners, Patrick and Shelly, were very hopsitable. They did a great job of letting us know about the area surrounding Niagara, and gave us some great reccomendations. The hostel is great, and it is evident that they have put in a lot of effort renovating and adding charm to the building. The hostel is located right near Clifton Hill, and provides plenty of attractions, plus hiking, the river, and the falls.

• 4th Jul 2014

This hostel has a very good and safe location in Niagara Falls. It's only a few minutes walk to get to the Clifton Hill where you find all restaurants and attractions.

Probably the best welcome I ever had in an hostel!

• 29th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed my time in this hostel. The room was perfect and the staff was so friendly. It's the first time I have felt like at home in a hostel.

• 29th Jun 2014

My stay at ACBB Niagara was enjoyable and a pleasent experience. Owners were very friendly and helpful. They meade me feel at home. I would recomend ACBB as an ideal place to saty at Niagara.

Patrick and Shelly were delightful hosts and shared so much knowledge about the Niagara area that made our visit memorable. The hostel had no running water in the sinks (just in the showers), no AC, no window screens, and no outlet electricity at night (phone charging during day only). If long you are okay with what is listed above, you week enjoy your stay at this clean and welcoming hostel with great outdoor balconies.

• 28th Jun 2014

The hostel does have running water, electricity and window screens. We are currently renovating the building and during our renovations we occasionally have to adjust things.

The staff is really nice and helpful. At night , there are group activities so you can easily meet people.

I stayed here with 5 friends a week ago, and it was great!! Patrick and Shelly are some of the kindest and most informative people out there, it was a pleasure to stay with them, and they were incredibly hospitable. All that needs to be fixed is the electricity, but they are switching to more sustainable means, so they're awesome and it wasn't a huge bother with out stay. Awesome hostel; would recommend and would most definitely stay again! Best value for your money in Niagara!!

Pros 1.The room I stayed is clean and also the washroom. 2.Breakfast is good. There are muffins, donuts, and a variety of fruits 3.The owners are very helpful and informative. They helped me plan my trip. Con 1.Since the hostel use solar energy, there is electricity only at night. 2.There is no locker in the room. 3.There is no plug socket in the room, so you have to charge your phone outside.

The Hostel is really a good choice, the location is good and Patrick and Shelly are so nice and helpful with everything. And please plan at least two days at the Niagara Falls, because there is so much more to see and so lovely places for hiking. Patrick and Shelly will tell you about it. :-)

As there was no signboard in front of the hostel it was difficult to locate it , But reaching the place at late midnight I was overwhelmed by the very cordial welcome .by the management . They providing me a very good room. Service was excellent and guidance to see more that what we know about Niagara by Mr Patrick was highly appreciable. After by very rough& rude experience in USA,New york's hotel the wholehearted hospitality with very nominal charge in this Canadian hostel -just amazing....

• 20th Jun 2014
  • India

They're undergoing renovations with the the power system so don't expect a full blown socket to plug in all your electronics in your room. The rooms are super clean and the Shelly and Patrick are amazing hosts. They gave us the best tips of things to do and see.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Ecuador

Great advices for visiting wineries and finding perfect hiking routes. Also the recommended restaurant in Niagara downtown was great. The hostel was super clean and breakfast was excellent. It was a surprise that there was no electricity in the hostel during our stay. I think we would have been more disappointed because of that if we would have planned to stay longer.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Loved it. The owners are awesome.

• 5th Jun 2014

no electricity, same price......

View all Niagara Falls Hostels